Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Harold Camping Again

Well it looks like Harold Camping has named Friday again for the end...Now that he made everyone in the world laugh at his first prediction(was it May 2011?)
The sad thing is Friday(being the day the trumpets are blown)could actually be the day of the rapture and now no one is going to take it seriously now that he has given another date!

Re: Harold Camping Again

I know he seems like a good target, but I don't in good conscience feel that I can throw stones at this guy since I am all but waiting in my front yard looking up at the clouds myself. (And also did at Pentecost)

Harold was used of the Lord. First by helping bring about the prophecy that in the last days, scoffers would abound. Not sure that one was actually of God, mind you.

Second, by getting BgKmbr's attention prompting him to turn to the Lord. I'll forgive a lot for that.

But mostly what I want to say is "what"? I looked, but couldn't find anything to support the claim that Camping is saying anything about anything these days. Although I imagine he's watching as carefully as we are. The last I heard from him was an apology for getting his theology wrong, and a promise not to set dates ever again.

I hope that this is just a rumor about Mr. Camping. However, I have learned that throughout all the bad things that comes from these kinds of specific predictions, good will surely also come out of it. God uses all things for the good of those who love Him. I am so glad that God called me to Him using Mr. Camping. I hope this Friday or sooner we leave, but if not, I will keep watching.

Thanks TX Thom. I knew my ears were red hot for a reason

I read it earlier in a news story and Im sorry I didnt save the link.It could have been made up of course by the media.I'll see if I can find it.

LOL, make it count. I do the same thing. I have an extra neck brace and extra shades if ya need them. Every day I look up and say to Jesus, "Today would be a good day, wouldn't it, Lord?" As is I can convince Him the timing is right.

Ha Ha Shiloh, I have the same Conversations with the Lord Jesus. Today I asked him if He was just messing with us -- it all seems so close and yet so far. I don't mean to be sacrilegious. He assured me His timing is perfect and he is unsealing the scriptures as he promised He would do in the end.

On my way home from work today I was really trying to envision what it will be like, in the twinkling of an eye, we shall be like Him, for we shall see him as He is.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!!!

Email: mdavidson664@wi.rr.com

I don't know about others, but in my own way I have pulled a few Harold Camping's in my past. I've told people that by such-and-such a date we will no longer be here. 30 years have passed. I don't make such proclamations these days but there are times when I tell people to be more alert. I believe Harold had the best intentions at heart. As far as I can tell he didn't spend the donations on his own empire (correct me if I'm wrong) but on billboards and other media warning the public. It must have been very embarrassing for him. But if my thoughts and information (or lack thereof ) are correct, I understand his motive. It will be interesting to see how many people will be at the Wedding Banquet because of Harold's herald.

Yohanan said:

As far as I can tell he didn't spend the donations on his own empire (correct me if I'm wrong) but on billboards and other media warning the public.

You seem to be right:

From his Wikipedia page:
In October 2012, the Christian Post reported that Family Radio was re-broadcasting recordings of Camping's teachings. In March 2013, it was calculated that Family Stations Inc. spent more than $5 million on billboard advertising in 2011, the year the apocalypse was predicted to occur, and the network was reported to be suffering from a major loss of revenue, forcing it to sell its main radio stations and lay off staff.

The Wikipedia entry doesn't mention anything about a recent prediction, and people always rush to put things on Wikipedia so they can have the "scoop". This new prediction story might have been a prank.

I don't think there are any billboard predicting now, but I've seen a lot that say things like Jesus is coming soon! I've seen some of what must be Harold Campings old billboards.

I've always been under the impression that Camping's 2011 predictions informed a lot of folks about what the Rapture was -- people who otherwise wouldn't have known. When we've gone, they'll have some idea why.

I love you all Church ....I feel so sad for him each year .
Can you imagine how much he wants The Lord to come back if he is risking making a target of himself to all the world, esp. the godless . I know date-setting is wrong , but how many times I have done thsi myself . Especially in 2004 !!!
I am so anxious to go , I cry out all day to The Lord with tears , even when in the car driving .
Harold, He is coming and it ain't much longer .
Faithful Watchers, it is just about over ...God Bless each one .
bb

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com