<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why are some young Christians miserable ?

when they should not be ?
Because at the onset , they did not learn that their Salvation can not be lost .
The Bible teaches us that once we are SAVED , born-again , as Jesus told Nicodemus he needed to be, then we are SAFE in HIM forever in time .
A most wonderful thought " Safe forever in HIM !"
Accept Christ today , receive His Holy Spirit , His Comforter !
As many posts are showing here today , TIME IS SHORT .
And The Word teaches us : TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION !
Lord , we thank you for salvation . It cost you the Greatest Sacrifice for our sakes . You gladly paid the price for us !
Bless Your Holy Name !
Thank you everyday for making us free .
Thank you for your precious gift of salvation , a gift that can never be lost !
amen !

Email: bonniebell81@hotmail.com

Re: Why are some young Christians miserable ?

Bonnie, This belief is very prevalent in the Charismatic and Pentecostal churches. I grew up a "good" girl but because of this teaching I never felt safe. The travesty of this is it does not keep people from sinning. Some of the greatest debacles in the church have come from this vein.

Yes, truly . The flesh in it's essence is sinful (from The Garden fall )
and the BIG WHY Jesus had to come to REDEEM us .
The Word tells us the flesh wars with the Spirit ...."the spirit is willing but the flesh is WEAK " . But we have a Savior ! He is our ATTORNEY for the defense in the Courts of Heaven , and we are found NOT GUILTY because of His Work applied to our lives . Bless His Holy Name !
He walked out the LAW for us , in perfection . Thank you Lord Jesus .
All the more reason to do everything to please Him and to obey Him out of love for Him . Bless you Believer !
HE SAID : ABIDE in ME !

AMEN!!! My dear sister Bonnie!

I also think that Christians are miserable because they haven't been properly taught how to pray, and thus are robbed of the abundant life with Christ.

Prayer is a "given" in the modern church today. Not everyone knows how, and too many of us get disillusioned when God "doesn't answer".

It's this misunderstanding of how our relationship works with God that drives many away from the faith. They were sold one thing, but got another. Without understanding why their prayers are hitting the ceiling, they assume God doesn't listen or that He doesn't care. Having our doctrine built on grace alone, while correct, has led the modern Christian to improperly believe they can live like the world and still get all the spiritual blessings in Heavenly places (Eph. 1:3).

Nope. Gotta learn how God wants us to live before He really begins honoring prayer. It is by grace alone, yes. But by grace while honoring His Name. We honor Him, He honors us, that's how it works. By "honoring" God, I mean with our lives, not just with our lips. How did the first century Christians worship God?

Worship Him like THAT.

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

~~~Yes , I agree , prayer is part and parcel of ABIDING IN ME , as the Lord commanded . When we Abide in Him , we do everything The Lord tells us to do out of love for Him which produces the desire to OBEY HIM in all things .
~~~GRACE is how we got saved in the first place. Not how we take advantage of a Graceful God . The Holy Spirit's conviction will not allow that for long ...the heat gets turned up fast .
I hope no one thought i meant we can live like the devil all life long if we once get saved . (Smile)
IF YOU ARE SAVED you are going to honor Him and glorify HIM as the BIBLE STATES " *** Jesus speaking , "I will SHARE My Glory with NO MAN /or Woman " .
When The Lord says that very keen verse , He means it .
There is also a movement on today that clearly points to "sharing His Glory " while in the earth .
That comes later when we rule and reign with Him , after The Rapture of The Church as The Word tells .
Before The Rapture , It is His glory and honoring that we consider, not our own , as we are STILL IN THE FLESH which has no honor .
THE WORD : " There is nothing good in the flesh , no nothing ."
Answered prayer comes from knowing THAT . Does it not ?
Bless you Beloved in Your glorifying and honoring of HIM .

Our Father Who Art in Heaven ,
Hallowed be Thy Name .
Thy Kingdom Come ,
They Will be done,
on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day , our daily bread ,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against
us .
Lead us not into temptation ,
But deliver us from evil .
For Thine is the Kingdom ,