<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Church Billboard: Jesus had 2 Dad's and He Turned out Just Fine!

An Anglican congregation in Ontario, Canada recently posted a billboard in front of its church that includes the pro-gay message: "Jesus had two dads and he turned out just fine." A photo of the billboard has since gone viral on the Internet, sparking anger among many Christian viewers pointing out the sign's contradiction to scripture...

The wife of the church's pastor, Rev. Duncan Lyon, told The Blaze in a phone interview that the message being communicated by the billboard should be obvious enough. Reddit users have responded differently to the photo, with some encouraging the message, however, many others have argued that the church's message conflicts with biblical teachings.

The Anglican Church in Canada is currently split regarding the topic of same-sex marriage. Currently, 10 Anglican dioceses allow blessings for same-sex married couples, and one deacon is in a same-sex relationship. In 2010, the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada released a "sexuality discernment statement" that offered neither support or disapproval for an individual parish's decision to bless same-sex marriages.

"Your church is doing it right," commented one user, while another wrote that they were "pleasantly surprised" by the church's message.

However, many other Reddit users criticized the church's billboard for its inaccuracy in reference to Scripture, with some arguing that the billboard parses the bible's message in order to communicate a point.

"Nice way to take things out of context to try to justify a point," wrote one Reddit user.

Another Reddit commenter wrote: "They're going to have to rewrite the Bible to make it fit that agenda," referencing the pro-gay message. "Why not instead preach that Christ has forgiven all sins? An organization can either make up a god of their own choosing so that nobody gets offended, or they can tell the truth about who Christ is and what His finished work on the cross means for all of us."

"This church is wrong. Churches should stick to what they believe. Tolerate homosexuality, fine, but don't condone," wrote another viewer...

The church's leader, Father Rod Bower, said in a statement to the Daily Telegraph that he was pleased his small church from Gosford was receiving international attention....

http://www.christianpost.com/news/jesus-had-two-dads-and-he-turned-out-just-fine-canada-churchs-new-billboard-draws-strong-criticism-103455/

Fair use for education and information purposes

Re: New Church Billboard: Jesus had 2 Dad's and He Turned out Just Fine!

I would tremble at the thought of being in their position, standing before a holy God and having to explain why they thought being aligned with popular attitudes toward sinful behavior was more important than preaching redemption through Christ.

Amen David!!

A woman that I don't know very well posted this on facebook. I responded that God sees all sin the same and that sommeone claiming to follow Him but still choosingg to be a liar, thief, adulterer, jealous, a murderer or sexually immoral was going to lose out on blessings or rewards. I then said that I would not want to be the leaders.of this church and stand before God. The woman flipped right out! Said that her opinion is the only one that counts on her page, that I could get lost with my h*m*phobic bleep bleep. Then she blocked me so I couldn't respond. (I met her on a Christian Mommies Supporting Christian Mommies fb page) The next time I see this photo online my post will read: Yes Jesus had two Dads. His biological Father and his step/adopted dad. Your point?

Great comment CP. Now I kinda want someone to post it on FB so I can reply. And it only makes sense. He was adopted by an earthly father to live on earth, and we are adopted by a heavenly Father to live in heaven.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

This was unthinkable a few years ago.

Some years ago we had a female bishop that not only supported gay life, but also was living with a woman. Once she and her partner claimed that angels did not exist . I guess nothing can surprise us anymore.

How on earth do they think that their statement has any validity to it? That is a complete slippery slope argument. Unless Joseph and God were having a sexual love affair (which clearly they were not), so how do they think they can even compare? Idiots! Where is the lightening, I'm waiting, any second....

lies, lies, lies, ~~ how does the world get away with so much mockery ~~ now we're hearing Jesus had 2 fathers from people calling themselves Christians ? . . Bible Christians are weary of the blasphemy . . still God is Patient . . . amazing Grace, just amazing!

I guess they ought to start watching out for lightning strikes.

(annelis, what a cute kitty!)

Nicely said David...

This is very brazen stuff, making statements like that about God. I respect my life way too much to ever go there. Someone is going to have to answer big-time for this one, believe it.

cporter, You took the argument right out of my mouth! Joseph was Christ's adoptive father. I'm sure many kids with a biological and adoptive father turn out just fine! Thanks for the tip, church billboard!

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

One thing that has always bothered me too is why the gay supporters use the symbol of a rainbow???This is a covenant sign from the Lord.

Maybe because it should be a colorful world

Roses:

I agree. We need to take the rainbow back. It belongs to the people, as a symbol of the Lord's covenant with us. Sick of this homosexual world.

Roses writes:
One thing that has always bothered me too is why the gay supporters use the symbol of a rainbow???This is a covenant sign from the Lord.

The devil can create nothing, and loves to steal Almighty God's Creation of beautiful things (our Lord's rainbow) to celebrate his evil pleasure ~~ Satan loves to blaspheme God's creation, ~~ God is still in control, and still has hold of the arch-enemy's leash . . til Jesus is ready to throw the devil into the abyss of burning hell God created just for him ~

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com