Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Prayers for my sweet daughter please

Yesterday I found out my sweet little girl (13) that is different and unique(not afraid to just be herself you know she is defently a shinning star to me. Well she got a letter in her locker that told her to go hang herself. Unfortunately she threw it away so there is not much we can do about it with out proof. So would you all please pray she will be ok and keep her sprit up even though there are those that want to bring her down I think she is a sweet amazing kid and God has big plans for her and yes she is saved. Thank you I know kids really do hurt themselves over things like this but her father and I are standing with her no matter what but we can't always be there. Thanks so much for your prayers.Charlotte

Re: Prayers for my sweet daughter please

Oooh that makes me so mad! I am sorry this happened to your lovely daughter and I sent strong prayers up for her.

Praying!

I will pray for her.Bless her heart!
My daughter is 10 and she is very unique and a bit different so she gets bullied on too...I'll keep her in my prayers.

Praying

That is horrible :( It is great to know she is saved. Jesus is with her.

I am so sorry that happened to your daughter.
Kids truly can be so cruel. They don't realize what could happen as a result from their bullying.
Does your church have a library? If they do, I would see if they have an age-appropriate video on bullying for your daughter to watch. (I would preview it before showing it to her.) You could watch it together as a family. It might open up some dialogue for you in which you might gain more insight on what all has been going on.

Or, you could check with her school counselor. He/she should definitely have a video you could check out. (Again I say preview any video you think you might want your daughter to see.)

13 is such a vulnerable age. They are changing physically and mentally into the next phase of personhood, and for some, that alone is enough to cause confusion, not to mention what could happen when things like this occur.

Another idea might be talking to either your pastor or youth pastor and if you're comfortable with them, have them talk with her.

Her feelings, of course, are what will affect her first & foremost. As quickly as you can, getting strategies for dealing with bullies from someone who deals with it a lot in their profession is very important. And then your support, knowing she can talk to you about it (without you "blowing a gasket" WHICH IS HARD not to do!!) is something she will need.

Having been a teacher, I have seen things like this happen over & over again, and if children/adolescents don't learn how to deal with it in a healthy way, the end results are sometimes devastating.

I will be praying for her! Bless her heart, and bless yours, too. That is one of the hardest things in life to have to watch your child going through something like that!

Much love to you & your daughter!
Patti : )

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

I forgot to mention that there are some "Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul" books that have some excellent stories about situations like these that might be of benefit to your sweet daughter.

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

You might also consider praying with her for the kids who are so twisted from listening to the voice of the adversary that they would join his campaign to steal, kill and destroy the peace and happiness of innocent strangers. Sincerely praying for your enemies is a wonderful way to destroy your enemies by asking the Lord to bring them to His side, turning them into friends and family. And if they don't come to Him, your also heaping burning coals on their heads. So both sides of our current nature get something out of the deal.

Seriously, remind her that if she is born again of the Father, then she has indeed become a new creation in His image and the problem is not about her. The problem is idiots listening to the fallen one without even realizing it. King David had similar problems.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Bama Peach,

My dear sister, I am sorry to hear about this abuse that your sweet daughter has been subjected to lately.
I will keep her close in my prayers and I also will be praying for the bullies involved for these kids need to know Jesus and his love. We as a family here will pray without ceasing for God sees and hears all of our petitions and pleas.

God bless you,
AngelWings7

I am so sorry. I got nasty hateful notes in my locker too. I was repeatedly called horrible names and harassed my first year of high school. Just keep checking in with her and make sure she is handling it okay. Can you homeschool? I personally don't think I will let my kids on any social media because it just has he potential to hurt so much more than help. At least when they come home they can escape the nasty treatment, but if they have facebook it is their world and there is no escape. Just 2 cents from one who had her fair share of notes in the locker. ;(

You are all so right thanks so much for your advice. We are taking this one day at a time I think her listening to Christian music and me talking to her has helped as well. I have also advised her to talk to her Sunday school teacher who is a licened counceler for schools/nursing homes exc..we just got a progress report today all a's and b's on it. So I am very proud that her school work is going ok. My husband and I talked about homeschooling but we live paycheck to paycheck so it's probally not an option at the moment. Also she really loves marching band witch is keeping her focused. I would hate to take that away from her . Thank you so much for your prayers and comments I did read each one...maybe we will go home this weekend and my baby will be safe from the enemies attacks then. I love you guys will be looking up this weekend. If our savior don't come (yet)at least we have comfort knowing he is always with us no matter where we go. These words have been with me from a song I heard today ( Come Lord Jesus Come). When he comes we will finally see him face to face. How wonderful that will be! Please pray my husband finds Jesus before it's too late. Take care all and May God bless you!

From what I understand there is no charge for homeschooling. You might check into it. Just as your child goes to school without paying tuition. (Just your taxes at work for you.) Materials come to your door including a lap top computer. Lessons are done on line. A teacher corrects them on line including tests.

If your daughter is a good student, that might be part of the resentment and attack. Definitely a school counselor should know this happened. Anti-bullying programs are in place to discourage this type of behavior in general.

I'm glad you have someone at Church she can talk to. Praying for the perp(s) is good. That gives Charlotte a positive way of dealing with this. Seeing them as victims rather then self.

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Praying for your daughter. It breaks my heart to know some of the things kids have to go through.

Praying for your daughter and her classmates. I am glad your daughter brought this to your attention and didn't try to carry this burden alone. You may also want to discuss with her that sometimes when people don't feel good about themselves they try to make others look or feel bad as it makes them feel better. This is not about her but about someone else who has a problem.

You may also see if others around her can make a point of building up her self esteem so she doesn't start believing the lies of the evil one.

I am so sorry to hear about this. Your daughter is the same age as my twin sons. They were bullied at school so I pulled them out of public school and have started their second year of homeschooling. They love it!

I have thought about it so often and I believe the world absolutely hates young believers and are desperate to squash them so they cannot carry on the torch for Jesus in this world. I know the enemy hates all saved, but he seems to get joy out of trying to crush our children's joy. Well, his head is the only thing that is going to get crushed! These saved young ones belong to the King of Kings and He is watching over them! God bless your sweet daughter and tell her we all love her!

Is there a youth group at church she can belong to? This gives her a group that believes in God and has good values. Also kids like to talk things out with their peers.

My daughter and her best friend were on a hit lists in junior high. There were ten kids total on that list, most who she did not know. I reported this and the child who wrote the list was transferred to another school and out of band which my daughter belonged to.

Band kids usually are a pretty good group of kids and they look out for one another.

Prayers going out for all of you because I know we hurt when our children are hurt.

Charlotte, I will definitely keep your little girl in my prayers and I will pray for her enemies too. Children at that age especially are so mean. I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for that happening to any child. She is also at such a young, impressionable, tender age. It is so good that you are both standing by her no matter what. It sounds like you are certainly keeping the lines of communication open too. Too little is done about this bullying.
I'm sure you did already, but tell her to save any notes she may get. Most importantly, this is a spiritual battle. We are along side of you and with you in prayer and battle..
As far as the physical realm goes, if you find out who did that, send them my way. I'd be more than happy to knock some sense into them.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com