Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I need your advice

I know the elder's wife has very rarely visited for a long time. And that I think is because she couldn't open up the gate.

Awhile back mom taught her. She is still too short to reach the latch but I know she could just get someone else to do it.

I don't know how often she will visit. Whether it'll be once a month or twice or whatever.

You already know how mom feels about the belief that Jesus is God. I was comforted when the Holy Spirit let me know that they will only know about the Deity of Christ if He reveals it to them.

But what is going to happen if the elder's wife ever finds out I'm in "Christendom" or atleast some how finds out I know very dangerous secrets concerning the JWs? If they even ever found out about me telling you guys this there'd be a lot of trouble.

I know for sure I'd be called a goat. I mean after all I've been around JWs,been in their Kingdom Hall a few times,went through "Bible Study" and yet never joined.

They would deffintly say I've been sent by Satan to "persecute God's people". And they'd try to keep mom away from me to "protect" her. She'd be seen than as "safe" and start to be convinced only JWs care about her [mom's trust issues are bad enough,she don't need that]. And they could eventually start on other family members. I'd be seen as a threat and it'd be best to keep them from being tainted from being around me. And I know I would be kicked out. They'd tell my parents to choice between Jehovah or me. By than they'd already probably have them convinced I've been sent by Satan to "persecute God's people" so I can see how easy it'd be to pressure them to kick me out of the house. That wouldn't be so bad if they were allowed around other Christians. But I know that'd be forbidden. Dad wouldn't even be allowed to talk to his sister,she is a believer. I know they don't ever see each other. But there would be atleast hope if she seen him [and mom] in the store.

There are dangers. JWs have murdered people [not all of them have. Infact some have murdered other members from their Kingdom Hall. So,they don't all want to kill,please don't get me wrong on that. Only some have killed.] There's been spying. And this has been said in two WT articles "Slaughter of Apostates" and "Apostates are mentally diseased".

Ok,so there is danger. I'll be fine,I have Jesus. He will get me through whatever would happen. I'm not worried about myself. I'm worried about what will happen to my family. They are being put in spiritual danger.

While I don't understand to the full extent I think I am starting to understand what the brothern overseas have to go through when they know they may be kicked out of their homes. I've read about it happening before. I think I'm starting to understand better. But how can I live with knowing what would be in store for my parents...this family? They'd be deceived into a religion that they may never come out alive. We are in the end times. Getting involved into this could cost them everything.

I really need some advice.

Re: I need your advice

Dear MRiC, do you mind if I ask you your age?
Patti : )

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

I'm 21

my Rock, worry can paralyze you. I'm not saying don't think about it -- but definitely don't dwell on it, don't let it scare you.

This is the sort of thing the Enemy whispers in our ears so that we'll concentrate on worrying rather than on the Lord. And we know the Enemy is a liar! Such a liar!

But worry and fear really do get in the way.

And if you think about all the fears you've had over the years ... how many actually came true? What percentage of the bad things you worried might happen ... actually did happen? For me, at least, it's a really low number. Probably under 1%. And I'm still here, all those years and decades later.

Give it all to the Lord. Tell him why you're worried. He always wants to hear from you. You're His beloved daughter. Ask Him to hold you close and tell you how much He loves you. Ask Him to take over all your worries.

I can't offer a lot of insight on your particular issue...
but I think you need to remain faithful. Don't worry about the JW's. They have enough issues of their own. Concern yourself with your own witness, and your mother's welfare. The Lord will take care of the rest.

...and regarding the deity of Christ... does not their own translation state this:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god"?

...a god? That's still deity, is it not? JW's often use this Scripture to deny the trinity, yet they fail to realize that their false scriptures are still acknowledging the deity of Christ!

Scripture is full of statements that there is only ONE God (http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-oneness-unity-one-god.htm).

How can both of these facts be true? How can Christ be a God, and yet the Father claims there are no others?

...simple. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One.

Thank you Perian.

The reason I'm worried is because I read a WT quote. If a person is disfellowshipped and is an adult child than they can get kicked out of their home. I haven't been disfellowshipped but the JWs would probably want me kicked out for certain reasons.

I know how they are. They have their members shun non JW family members.

Ben. I'm concerned about my mom and my dad's welfare. That is what concerns me the most. :( I know the danger they will be in if they become JWs...

As for "a god" they say there are many "gods" but only one God with a big G. They say Satan is a "god" and we are "gods". They think they are "gods".

Check this out. This should help explain about that issue a little more http://www.letusreason.org/JW31.htm

"for educational and discussion purposes only"

Trust me. Many have tried to talk [I've researched this online and that's how I know] about how saying Jesus is "a god"is wrong. They will just say we are all "gods". They'll say even Satan is a "god".

MRiC,
Do you work or go to school? (Or both?)

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

Patti Day
MRiC,
Do you work or go to school? (Or both?)

I don't go to school anymore. I graduated high school in May of 2011. I don't have a job.

My dear sister.

I know, and you know that you are a champion worryier.

In this case, from what I know, and you know.

Regular, full fledged, "baptized" members of the JW
are told not to associate with non-JW family members.

Tell me that your mama is NOT an member, Tell me that you Papa will never be a member.

You, or they cannot be disfellowshipped, because you or they were never felloshipped.

Believe you me your mama will never kick you out of home to please the elder's wife...

You should ask your mama.

If you say you can't ask your mama.

You have asked me; and I have answered you.
The devil is messing with your mind, resist him.

You have other things to do other than worrying about the JW's

Build a shofar/trumpet out of a plastic jug, and blow it everynight at sundown; your time, or on Jerusalem time sundown

Present time in Jerusalem
http://24timezones.com/world_directory/time_in_jerusalem.php

Jerusalem sundown (local Jerusalem time)
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=110

blow it three times like this:

too whoop, too-whoop; too-whooop

If anybody asks, you can tell them the truth: you blow the trumpet for Jesus to come back.

Or you can say, you blow the trumpet, because it makes you feel good!

Be blessed of YHWH

Daniel

You are secure in Christ, dear one. Are you in highschool? I slam the door on JWs so I have no better advice. I tried to talk with them when I was younger but to no avail and the Lord started giving me discernment (which I prayed for) as far as when to engage someone and when not to.
Well, on a lighter note, thank the Lord for tall gates and short women.

Daniel,My parents are not members. I'm scared they will become baptized someday though. And you'll see why.

This is the problem.

Let's say mom hears someone on t.v. say Jesus is God. She than questions me about it and I tell her the truth. She can ether accept the truth or reject it. If she rejects it she will probably want to prove to me Jesus isn't God. This is where the problem comes in. The only person she would know to go to for the "truth" would be a JW. If by the time the elder's wife would come along and mom still wanted to "prove" Jesus is Michael she'd probably tell her. She'd want "Katie" [the elder's wife]to tell me Jesus isn't God. Which of course she would tell me that. It would be wrong to deny Jesus. So,Katie would find out I'm in "Christendom".

It'd be perfectly alright if they'd both just sit down with me and we could have a nice discussion. But, no,Katie would view me as a threat. She'd want to get mom away from the bad association-me. And eventually they'd start a study with dad. Not only that but just about anything that would be viewed as negative would be seen as persecution. How can I talk when it's risking mom to tell Katie? How can I say anything when it'd be trigger for Katie to view me as an enemy and than she'd want to "protect" mom and eventually dad? That and I can't really say anything because it may be viewed as persecution if it's "negative".

And I did find out they have gotton more stricter with their shunning policy. Now JW parents can shun their non-baptized children.

...In recent years, shunning has been extended to include non-baptized children of Jehovah’s Witnesses and other non-baptized publishers.

http://watchtowerwatch.com/blog/aawa-video-exposes-watchtower-shunning-policy

"For educational and discussion purposes only"

And I did read that there have been elders that have pressured parents to kick their adult kids out of their home. I'm past the age so they could tell my parents to kick me out. I've even read quotes on this issue. They make it clear "Will your loyalty be to Jehovah or to your mom,dad,daughter, or son [in this case their daughter]? Who do you love more?" I'm paraphrasing that from what I remember was said online but you get the point.

It's no surpise though. There's been parents threatened if they let their child have a blood transfusion than they/the child will be destroyed at Aramgeddon. Tragically, many children and adults have died because of that. If you take the transfusion you will probably get disfellowshipped. And if you don't come back to the Kingdom Hall before Aramaggedon you will be destroyed. Even when you come back you can't talk to anyone for awhile. You have to sit in the back. No one can even say "hi".

I'm not sure how to make a shofar out of a jug.

Shiloh,I'm out of school. I graduated high school in May of 2011. I never went to college.

edit:I don't want to make the impression that I'm ashamed of Jesus. I love our Lord and I would love to talk to mom and Katie about who He is. This situation is just leaving me with not really anywhere to turn. Mom wouldn't realize that if she would try and convince me that Jesus is Michael by going to Katie that that would trigger something very dangerous. It'd put both my parents in danger and this whole family.

And I don't want to seem like I'm trying to put myself ahead of anyone since I did talk about risking being kicked out a little bit. I admit the thought of being homeless scares me. But that is the least of what is important. The most important thing is no one in this family ends up becoming a baptized member. We're so close to the rapture...I'm scared for them to go into this religion especially being so close to the trib. period.

JWs are very misguided and blinded to the truth. We are dealing with the spiritual realm here. Know that you stand strong in Christ.

“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)

They have a knack for twisting Scripture (as other cults) and trying to confuse those who cannot argue or debate. They do not want to reason and when you attempt to, they shy away.

Hosea 4:6 says: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

This verse applied to the Jews but I believe this also applies today for all.
Jesus came and fulfilled the law and by none other can we enter into heaven but by Him. To believe He is the Savior who died and was raised from the dead for our sins, is the God-man is crucial to our faith. It is to be born again, having a renewed life in HIM. This is what they don't see. They deny He is the only begotten Son of God, period and that's the end of it for them.

I don't know if you have done any reading on the JWs but here is a link you can read when you have time:

Jehovah's Witnesses

Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses?

The Jehovah's Witnesses

Are Jehovah's Witness' Christian?

Jehovah Witnesses Lecture Notes

Witnessing to Jehovah's Witnesses

http://www.raptureforums.com/CultsPaganReligions/index.cfm

~Fair Use for Education and Discussion Purposes~

QUOTE:

Daniel,My parents are not members.
My parents are not members.
My parents are not members.

COPY THIS 100 TIMES
THEY ARE NOT MEMBERS WILL NOT BE "BAPTIZED"
THEY CARE FOR YOU MUCH MORE THAN ANYTHING THE JW'S SAY

EVEN MICHAEL JACKSON'S MOTHER COULD NOT SHUN HIM;
ALTHOUGH HE WAS DISFELLOWSHIPPED TO THE MAX

STOP IT! NOW!

These fears ARE UNFOUNDED
they do not glorify Jesus.

Somebody has to tell you this plainly.

Stop wasting time on this.

THEY ARE NOT MEMBERS - NOR WILL THEY BE

WHATEVER THE JW'S THINK OR DO IS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
FOCUS ON JESUS.

Your Big brother, telling you like it is.
We all need a scolding and rebuke once in a while

Proverbs 9:8
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 27:56
Open rebuke is better than secret love.

Be all blessed of YHWH

Daniel

Thank you Shiloh. I know about them. That is another dangerous thing. I know things about them that if they ever found out,well there'd be a lot of trouble.

Thank you Daniel. I don't want to argue because I don't want to make any strife with a brother in the Lord.

To make a shofar from a plastic jug

just cut out the bottom and
blow in the small hole at the top

and then do like this man,
but not like him

Be all blessed

Daniel

Sorry brother but I'm confused. I thought a shofar looked like a ram's horn and it made really loud sounds.

Yes it does sister

but I use what I can
for example, I use my "ebonite" clarinet (fancy plastic)

So you could use a one gallon milk jug and cut off the bottom

just to GIVE GLORY TO YHWH by the sounding of your trump...

It is very joyous,

My friend wishes you to enjoy life today.

One way would be to blow your trumpet at sundown for YHWH
on this feast of trumpet!

The loudness is in the pressure of your air when you blow;
if you blow in a strait 1/2 inch copper tube, it will sound like a trumpet
(though copper is not good to touch your lips too much to)

If you blow in a water hose short enough hard enough it will also sound like a trumpet,

But you can still make a blowing noise from a milk gallon or even a 2 liter soda pop bottle, the sound making thing is in the shape of your lips and the pressure there!

Have joy in Gloryfying Yeshua and YHWH

Daniel

WATCH THIS GUY!
one whole in the cap

three holes on the neck

one squarish hole at the bottom!!

Yipee!

MRIC, You sound like a sweet caring girl that truly loves the Lord. The topic of your thread "I Need Your Advice" is what you are seeking to get from the members aren't you? I suggest you take Daniel Ben YHWH sound advice many of your fears just may be unfounded.
God Bless

Daniel,that was a cool bottle shofar.

Ms,I know I've been given advice. I just don't know how to get it out of my mind that there have been countless cases where families have been broken up because of the JWs. There's been cases where the elders did pressure the parents to kick out their adult children. I'm just going by quotes I've read [they were from the WT] and I'm going by the experiences others have had to face. It always happens. Families are always broken up when a relative decides to become a JW. And that would include this family if anyone became a JW.

And I'm also going by what they think of Christians. It's not too nice. I'm not getting these fears out of my mind I'm getting it from WT quotes and from the experiences others have had to go through.

MRIC Daniel had great advise, I will ad to it with these scriptures.

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Corinthians 10.5

We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, God does not want you dwelling on negative things that the devil puts in your head. When it happens speak the scriptures out loud this will put your mind on God, and off the devil's lies.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7

I would encourage you my little sister to get a good book on the battle of the mind. And spend more time in the bible reading and mesmerizing scripture.

MRIC, I have never known anyone that was a JW who is like any you speak of but they can be very persistent. There are and will be times where we must stand on the the Word of God. HE will protect you.
Remember what Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law." (Matthew 10:34-35)
This is part of our armor.

Thank you both for trying to help as well...

Shiloh,it's called theocrathic warfare. They'll with hold info. They're taught to be really nice [love bombing]. But if a person looks deep enough there is anything but love.

There's hidden stuff that is never supposed to get out to the public. If a child gets molested from someone in the Kingdom Hall everything is supposed to be hush hush [don't go to police,go to the elders],the shunning policy,the blood transfusion policy. They're permitted to lie in court based on theocratic warfare. There is so much the general public doesn't know,the things kept in secret. But if you research you'll find out a lot of hidden things. You'll see how sad these lost souls in need of Christ really are.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com