Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Shabbat

Now that I've bribed the moderators into giving me the password......Just kidding. Thank you David!

Most of us seem to understand Jesus fulfilling the spring feasts during his first advent. But I'm curious, did fulfill the Sabbath too? The Sabbath was rest from creating, then in Jesus, it seemed a rest from redeeming the same. It would seem to make sense that apostles would have begun celebrating on Sunday, as the Sabbath was fulfilled completely.

It seems to me that while the fulness of the Sabbath is yet to be realized for the Church, it is just another one of those things completed for us.

IF this is so, and Jesus fulfilled the Sabbath, then isn't it interesting that after a day of rest Sept. 7th, we have Yom Teruah? And on a year we all feel a strange spiritual tugging on out heart strings?

Even so, come Lord Jesus, come!

Email: patrickmckeel@gmail.com

Re: Shabbat

I would say yes because Jesus "came not to abolish the law but to fulfill the law." The Sabbath was part of the law and He tell us to "rest" in Him. He is Lord of the Sabbath, the day of rest. So, He is where we find our rest.

Re: Shabbat

Glad you made it to the old forum, Scipius :)

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com