Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Heavy thunder, ligthning and rain

Where I live there has been heavy thunder,lightning and rain all evening. It’s been so much that internet has been disconnected several times. Normally I’m not very scared by it, but I can assure you that this is the worst I can remember seen. And I’ve lived some years. It is kind of a creepy atmosphere. One of my friends on Facebook, who is not a Christian, asked if it was Doomsday.
Rather funny since earlier this evening it was the most beautiful double rainbow on the sky.

Re: Heavy thunder, ligthning and rain

Where are you, Annelis?

Over there as well? A couple of days ago it was like that here all night as well.

It was bad. Bad enough for me to talk about it here then, too. Constant lightning bolt kind of bad. Something unlike anything I remember from past storms. During the day it was fine, so it was very sudden.

Ask the Lord for protection over you and those close to you. Hoping it will clear soon over there!

Here in Portland, OR, it's been very gloomy. The weather begins to change in Sept./Oct., so it's not uncommon, but it started in August. Not "cool" like you'd expect the fall air, still warm, still humid, but dark clouds, dreary, and waffling between a sprinkle and a downpour.

The other night, we had thunder and lightning - a rarity in Portland - which woke the whole house, my kids, hubby, and the dog, but I slept right through it. I was amazed that I did because I'm not a heavy sleeper, as a rule. Hubby talked to me about the dog, the dog was freaking out, the kids were awake and taking video on their phone, and I was sawing logs. LOL Didn't hear ANY of it and was amazed there was thunder that loud in the first place. Right over my house!

Made me wonder if I was "somewhere else", if you know what I mean. I don't remember any vivid dreams, but perhaps. Or maybe I was just in a deep, stage 4 sleep. But it was weird and not usual for me. I do remember my prayers that night, however, as I claimed Psalm 91:1 over myself - "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."

Perhaps God's shadow just kept me peaceful!

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

National weather says bad stuff is happening in Montana.

still calm and quite here in Ky....I get scared of that extreme lightning.Hope you all are okay!

The storm we had a few weeks ago was quite eerie. There was frequent lightning and the thunders were extra loud.

Hope you're okay, Annelis.

Prayers going up, Annelis. I'm a weather weenie, so I sure can empathize. Prayers going up for your safety and peace of mind. {{HuGs!}}

We had quite heavy rain last night here in Washington, which is not totally unusual, but the way the thunder and lightening lasted was enough for my teenage son who usually teases me about the rapture or Jesus coming back...called me into his room last night and actually asked me what was going on out there...and he asked it in a serious manner, he was a little worried. It lasted longer than any other storm that I can remember, and then it would move a distance away and return over and over. God was talkin!

Aren't you in Norway Annelis? Yeah there have been some craazzyyy thunderstorms the past couple of months here in Florida. One was yesterday. The sound of the thunder was deafening. There were 2 separate nights that I was woken up to extremely loud thunder...both times I immediately woke up thinking it was the rapture. Maybe God is pulling some pranks on me....I deserve it, I've pulled entirely too many on others.

Seattle last night

Lightening 9/6/13 photo Lightening1_zps018bdb0d.jpg

Thanks for the prayers everyone .
Thankfully it stopped during the night. Normally I would not write about bad weather here (ok, I’ve done it sometimes ) and I’m sure many of you have experienced much worse. But this was heavy enough for me. The house was shaking and the windows rattled.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com