Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Damascus already in ruins

I cant sleep again tonight so as I was thinking about the rapture and things in Syria I began to wonder if Isaiah 17 is already done?? Have you SEEN pictures of Damascus lately? It is in ruins and technically uninhabitable. According to some there is no water, no power and no sewage there right now. Obviously there would be traces of Sarin in the soil, water and wherever else it may be. It was struck at 3am (still dark) and when light came there was destruction and people falling dead in the street.

I dont know. Insomnia has got the better of me. I have been looking on line for some thoughts on this but it seems everyone is just waiting for it to become a ruin. I was wondering if anyone else thinks it already is???

Email: bfvission@centurylink.net

Re: Damascus already in ruins

Momof9: Interesting idea and one I have given thought to also especially after the sarin gas. That alone makes it inhabitable in my minc because of the contamination to soil and water. I cannot think of children being able to go outside and play (if there was not war) because of the contaminated dirt. Water would have to be brought in and that is probably not feasible. You could not have animals because they would die if they drank the water.

The other part of me thinks it has to be something big that happens. It cannot be subtle because it is the fulfillment of scripture. There has to be no guessing if it can be inhabited anymore or not.

I have to go with the last paragraph and wait for something to happen that cannot be mistaken.

Sounds like I wasn't the only one up at 3am - tossing and turning, knowing that something significant is going on in the spiritual realm. My anxiety levels are building knowing that this week includes 9/11 and Obama's press conference on Syria. I can only hope that those who think 9/8 is the date are right! Take me home Father!

Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes
Use Your Discernment

I have wondered about Damascus also. It seems though that the city could be rebuilt, plowed under or something. I don't know how long Sarin lasts before breaking down. What terrible associations with the place though, many would not want to live there.

I was up early too thinking about events and scripture, rereading 1Thes 4:14-18, be comforted.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Those that sleep in Jesus in Damascus and throughout Syria are not lost but await that great resurrection day. Perhaps some still alive in Syria will remember the faith and witness of the dead and give their life to the Lord Christ Jesus before it is too late for them. The Lord will actually descend from heaven, just as He ascended, bodily visible, descending from a higher place to the space where clouds are. The archangel is going to shout, a trumpet will sound or God's voice, He Himself will sound like a trumpet, maybe amplified so we can hear and pay attention!

The dead in Christ rise first. If it is like the dead rising following the crucifixion of Jesus, who were seen, then people will SEE the dead raised. Then we who are alive and remain will be CAUGHT UP to meet our Jesus and believers in the clouds and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Those amazing clouds, Jesus went up in a cloud and comes down in one. He doesn't need clouds to move. He went in and out of buildings after the resurrection and appeared at will. He ate. so what is with the clouds?
Are they hiding something? Hiding what?
What is with a door being opened in Rev 4? Is it all a dream or apocalyptic story telling? Or do we actually meet God and enter where He lives through a door? Door to what? A door to a vehicle, to a dimension, to a building, or to a city? (that would take one big cloud to hide a city).

We are told in 2Thes 2:10-12 that God will send unbelievers a strong delusion, give them what they want (untruth) since they don't want the truth. Maybe the way we go up to God will be part of this, that those left behind will not believe the truth (that we are caught up to the Lord with other believers to where He lives), but they will believe a lie about what happened and where we went.

Just thoughts. Be encouraged. God knows exactly what is going on and He is good, He is faithful, He is trustworthy. He knows when even one sparrow falls to the ground and has numbered all the hairs on your head. He knows the people of Syria, of Damascus, Homs, and all the cities of the world. The rocks cannot hide us from Him, death cannot separate us from Him.
The King of the Universe is coming again.
Look UP. We will be caught UP to meet Him in the air. Maybe an angel will take our hand and lead us up. That would be more elegant than a fish net.
Love to all

Matthew 27: 52-54
Mark 16:14-15
Acts 9:16-18
Rev 4: 1-6 (I wonder if God and us can see through that sea of glass down to the earth; how cool is a glass floor)
Maranatha! Happy YomTeruah!

Interesting Momof9 - just yesterday as pictures were shown of Damascus, I had the thought how it already looks like a ruinous heap. But I don't believe it is in it's final destruction yet.

I don't think so since Damascus is still functioning despite the war. When the bible speaks of a ruinous heap, it literally means that one stone will not be on top of another. The attention will shift to Jerusalem eventually. The rapture will trigger destruction.

Email: terrence@raptureintheairnow.com

This adminstartion is supposed to drop a bomb on Syria,right? I wonder if that will be what destroys Damascus.

with the church gone, who would be left raising their hands to defend Israel?
If Israel has not been attacked already, then I think the absence of the church will embolden nations to try to take Israel off the map and confiscate land & property & resources for themselves.

Everything now points to the fulfillment of Isaiah 17. Damascus will be destroyed, and Israel will suffer considerable loss as a result of this. The good thing is that this will cause Israel to turn back to God, and God will answer them during the Ezekiel 38 war. A few months ago, this all seemed vague at best. But now, with the US zeroing in on Syria, and Russia and Iran aimed at Israel, it all finally makes sense.

There are neighborhoods of Damascus which are ruinous heaps. And there are neighborhoods where millions are living relatively normal lives. Those don't make for interesting news, however, so don't get reported. The condition of Damascus is not yet nearly of Isaiah 17 proportions. Kinda like our world is in trouble now, but not nearly as bad as it will get. Birth pangs still.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com