Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12 hours

12 hours until sundown in Jerusalem. We'll be in church singing then. Home in TX this weekend.

Re: 12 hours

So exciting! It will be in the very early hours after midnight for me, so I am pulling an all-nighter, under the stars, waiting.

Just. In. Case.

Email: Yeshuachild@hotmail.com

It'll be about 5 in the afternoon in the UK.. I'll hopefully be sitting in the garden. (c:

It will be 8 p.m. here and I will be in church! :-)

Email: terrence@raptureintheairnow.com

It's around midnight here, the worst time to be raptured. lol

From everything I've read about Yom Teruah it is a two day feast. So if the new moon was sighted at sunset on the 7th, then it would conclude at sunset on the 9th. Am I incorrect in this view?

Keith

Hope with all my heart we see eachother within 12 hours. We are having the best party ever - forever

kmdickinson
From everything I've read about Yom Teruah it is a two day feast. So if the new moon was sighted at sunset on the 7th, then it would conclude at sunset on the 9th. Am I incorrect in this view?

Keith

That is my understand of it as well. Concludes 6pm September 9 in Jerusalem. Which i believe works out to 9am Pacific, which is my time zone.

Zophim314
kmdickinson

Keith

That is my understand of it as well. Concludes 6pm September 9 in Jerusalem. Which i believe works out to 9am Pacific, which is my time zone.

This is correct traditionally...
...but not Biblically.

The second day of Yom Teruah was added in order to allow Jews abroad (i.e. those not in Israel) to worship and celebrate the feast along with those in Jerusalem.

So... take your pick. Does Jesus adhere to God's Biblical command, or does God allow for the (somewhat necessary) change made due to the disapora?

I think God used the disputes about the right time for feast of Passover to allow Jesus and the disciples to eat the passover feast the night before the crucifixion, and then the next day Jesus became the passover sacrifice also. Some Israelites were doing it one day, some the next. Not sure how this kind of ambiguity could be used for feast of trumpets rapture though, except maybe to make it harder to know the hour or day.

Servant
I think God used the disputes about the right time for feast of Passover to allow Jesus and the disciples to eat the passover feast the night before the crucifixion, and then the next day Jesus became the passover sacrifice also. Some Israelites were doing it one day, some the next. Not sure how this kind of ambiguity could be used for feast of trumpets rapture though, except maybe to make it harder to know the hour or day.

Disputes?

...the passover feast was to be eaten in the evening (after sundown), meaning that it was at the beginning of the Jewish day (which commences at 6pm). Jesus was the passover lamb because He was in fact crucified on passover. It wasn't the next day, it was the same day, which runs from 6pm - 6pm.

So many little signs as well as the big ones- I really thought this would be the year, but hope is fading for me- but who knows God likes to wait until the last possible moment it seems so I will continue to hope

Well, this describes the problem
http://callingchristians.com/2013/03/27/is-jesus-the-passover-lamb-the-ultimate-sacrifice/

Jesus had the Passover meal according to Matthew, Mark and Luke . If he had the Passover meal and ate the sacrificial lamb (which he commanded his followers to sacrifice and prepare for), then how could he be the sacrificial lamb!? This presents several problems. If Jesus intended to be the Passover Sacrifice, then how could he eat the Passover Sacrifice. Furthermore, this problem is exacerbated by the narration in the Gospel of John (Cf. Chapter 1 that Christ was ‘sacrificed’ the day before the day of Preparation! A clear anachronistic contradiction. In John’s version of the events, Christ is sacrificed the day before the Day of Preparation (Cf. John 19:31) which makes the sacrifice ineligible and unlawful according to the laws in Exodus 12.

(fair use for discussion and educational purposes)

John Macarthur explained this that there were two different sects of Israelites celebrating the passover on two consecutive days. I couldn't find a link to Macarthur's comments on this. It had to do with the two groups starting the day from sundown or a different time.

Can I just say that I'm BEYOND excited!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com