<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Extinction Protocol-planet reeling from strong quakes since beginning of Sept.
Re: The Extinction Protocol-planet reeling from strong quakes since beginning of Sept.

Consider the March 11, 2011 Tohoku quake in Japan. It was a 9.0, and was followed by 80 aftershocks greater than 6.0 and 3 aftershocks greater than 7.0.

Large quakes, in general, have more and larger aftershocks.

USGS's quake comparison page did this calculation for me, to compare the Guatemala 6.6 and the 9.0 in Japan:

"A magnitude 9.0 earthquake is 251.188 times bigger than a magnitude 6.6 earthquake on a seismogram, but is 3,981.071 times stronger (energy release).

So really, a 6.6 isn't all that powerful. Oh, it can certainly wreck buildings and people's lives (particularly where building codes and code enforcement are poor or nonexistent). But really, a 6.6 is minor compared with what can happen -- and sometimes does happen.

Is the planet reeling from this month's large quakes? Not in any way that we would be able to sense. For instance, in the U.S. we didn't even feel that 6.6 (though I'm sure Joseph's seismograph did). And the U.S. is relatively close to Guatemala, compared with most of the rest of the world.

Does The Extinction Protocol exaggerate? Always.
===

There are normally about 134 6's in an average year, plus another 16 larger quakes (usually 7's and 8's) per year.

That means an average of about 3 quakes of 6.0 and greater in an average week. Of course, there are no "average" weeks.

(Those are USGS's averages since 1990. Quakes are -- obviously -- not evenly distributed throughout the year, so it's normal to have more at certain times and fewer at other times.)
===

To calculate the difference between two quakes, click on the "Now try it for yourself" link here:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/how_much_bigger.php
and a new window will open which will do the math for you.

Here is USGS's data on the numbers of quakes of different sizes in an average year:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqarchives/year/eqstats.php

Re: The Extinction Protocol-planet reeling from strong quakes since beginning of Sept.

Earthquakes are increasing, but Perian is right....the Extinction Protocol has exaggerated recent earthquakes. You might be interested in my earthquake page that shows the trend of earthquakes graphically since the Richter Scale was developed:

"Fair Use For Education and Discussion Purpose"

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.com/birthpangs_earthquakes.php

Email: amy@trackingbibleprophecy.org

Others were mentioning the earthquakes on here on here, so I just put up this synopsis, ET could have used different words I guess.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com