Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bible prophecy hits the Drudge Report

It finally hit the Drudge Report (via USA Today):

Some see biblical visions of doom in Syria trouble
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/08/some-see-biblical-visions-of-doom-in-syria-trouble/2780827/

Fair Use for education and discussion.

MELBOURNE, Fla. -- The deadly violence percolating half a world away in Syria and the warnings of a possible U.S. attack have some people not only looking ahead to what might happen in the coming days — but also looking backward into ancient, apocalyptic prophecies in the pages of the Old Testament.

In recent weeks, some dire prophecies have turned up on websites, in book stores, as the subject of Bible studies and in sermons by some Christians and others who see a link between the old passages and modern-day events in Egypt, Libya and Syria.

"Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city, and will become a fallen ruin," reads Isaiah 17, a passage some Christians say they believe details a horrific event that leaves the city uninhabitable and leads to worldwide tribulation and the second coming of Christ.

Damascus is the Syrian capital and one of the world's oldest cities.

Another passage in Isaiah 19 deals with civil war in Egypt and the rise of a "fierce king."

Talk of those prophecies has intensified as President Barack Obama considers a U.S. military strike on Syria in response to what Washington says is evidence that the Syrian leadership used chemical weapons against its own people. In turn, Syria vows to retaliate against neighboring Israel if the U.S. strikes.

"The prophecies are not new to our group because we do (Bible) studies every Friday night. We have looked at that prophecy, but one of the things I try not to do is make a big assumption. That can be dangerous," said Pastor Gary Cristofaro of the First Assembly of God in Melbourne. "We try to find balance by immersing ourselves in prophecy rather than being affected by it."

"The situation in Syria as it relates to scripture could be something that we're witnessing, but we should be cautious. What prophecy really is about is the faithfulness of God's word.''

The author then goes on to attempt to explain away everything. At least it's being talked about in some major publications!

Re: Bible prophecy hits the Drudge Report

I agree, CSF. And hopefully, it will at least wake many more up from slumber.

Here's the link so it's clickable:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/08/some-see-biblical-visions-of-doom-in-syria-trouble/2780827/

I hope more people would take notice. God, my El Shaddai, my Adonai, may You be praised by all men!

Thanks for linking it, Shiloh. I overlooked that!

Today Matt Drudge put a "second coming" picture with the link:

Plus there's several related stories, and the story of the gold temple relics found at the temple mount!

(Edit: At first I called it a "rapture" picture, but then I realized it was post-trib Jesus returning with the saints.)

The world can't say they weren't warned. ;)

Email: amy@trackingbibleprophecy.org

"The world can't say they weren't warned. ;)"

Amen AmyVG!

Email: wjloman@sbcglobal.net

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com