Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dis - appointed.....

Well I guess you can tell by the title how I'm feeling, and it sucks. But let's take a look at the word from a literal standpoint. Appointed unto glory, redemption, new life, and for an appointed time, yet filled with the sense that we should have been taken up before now. Has God delayed his appointed time? As I have stated before, the Lord is never late, then again He doesn't ever seem to show up early either! [:-? I'm also beginning to think that God doesn't like RH?

All the holidays seem to be running on an early schedule this year. Anyone notice that Hanukkah is on Thanksgiving Day this year! Ummm.....

Still believing for this year!!! The curse just seems to get more intense, or is it just me? In any event, I must continue to glory in the goodness of the Lord, petition Him for His favor, and commit myself to try and know the heart of the Father. Lofty goals to be sure, but then sin gets in the way! Oh wretched man that I AM! Though the Lord experiences heartache and grief for the way that I live at times, His love continues forever, never changing, never ending. How I wish that I were as constant as He!!

As your brother in Christ Jesus, and being just a man, I hope to encourage myself, as I encourage you all. May the Lord God Almighty, give each of us the strength to remain focused on Him and His will. Truly, at this point, we shall all be surprised when that trumpet is sounded. High watch dates are exciting and increase our hopes and expectations, but yet the Lord just might bypass all our watch dates and surprise us. We are past moaning and groaning. At this point there are screams of desperation within our spirits!

I still have not recovered from the disappointment. I am humbly silent in my spirit. May the Lord be glorified even in this! With much love and sorrow, I say, let us press on and press in!

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

Re: Dis - appointed.....

Thank you for the encouragement, TR! I am terribly disappointed as well but also thankful because my disappointment means more time for my family, especially my husband. I thought I would see Jesus' sweet face today.

Oh well...I will see His face soon enough

Email: Oyaah@yaho.com

TR
Still believing for this year!!! The curse just seems to get more intense, or is it just me? In any event, I must continue to glory in the goodness of the Lord. .

oh, TR . . your perseverance has not gone unnoticed by our Lord ~ He knows deeply how tired His church watchers feel ~~ I've noticed more than before the weariness by a greater number of us ~~ I agree with you, feeling overwhelmed and in wonder HOW we could still be here and see this much heralding by the world blaspheming God and calling evil good and good evil ~

~~ Jesus doesn't mind that we sincerely ask HIM: how much longer shall we keep looking up knowing that when we BEGIN to see the signs, know that Jesus at the Door ~~~ Jesus ever faithful, we know, will not let us down ~ He is our assurance, and it's true His timing is PERFECT ~~

Trusting, believing His Word, His promises are for us:

~~

TenderReed perhaps my word from the Lord today was for you:

It was simple and short but gave me great comfort as it may for you too..

" I will not delay"

It was said quietly, almost as if I was talking to myself but felt it was from the Lord in His subtle way of speaking to me. In that still small voice ;)

Praying for encouragement this week for you and all of us! I feel its going to be jam packed.

Blessings, BelovedOneInChrist

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins...

...nor is he early.

He arrives precisely when he means to."

- Gandalf the Grey

Benjamin
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins...

...nor is he early.

He arrives precisely when he means to."

- Gandalf the Grey

Cool!

Email: Oyaah@yaho.com

Yeah I rather to be with Jesus. As He has the best time to call us. I believe that He has desire for more people to come to Jesus. Don't lose heart. And do not lose hope. As in my heart He is much near than we think. I am sure that Jesus know how we feel and long to be with Him. As remember the lost souls are value to God's eyes. And I am sure out there they are looking for truth and we need to help them to find the truth about Jesus Christ. They do have spirit just like us. They are lost in this spirit and all we do is to reach them out and help them to find JesusM Jesus will come and get us when it is time. All we do is to keep occupy until He comes.

Of course we. Are kind of disappointed but hold on to Jesus. Not let the disappointments steal our joy and our hope in Jesus.

Hold on to Jesus. And not let anyone take your crown away from u.

Fm12

Hi All,

I am kinda disappointed in the outcome of RH too. I think back and asked myself. Are we on the right track? Correct me if I m wrong.

Somehow, as we compare mankind today and back in the days of David, in terms of moral standing, I felt that there is a huge difference. If the people at the time of David, mentioned that they would do something, they would literally get it done. However, nowadays, Things doesn't work that way. Promises are made to be broken and the social fabric of society has been destroyed.

Why am I saying all these? Looking at the evil on the earth currently is beyond overwhelming. We all want our Lord and Savior to come back fast.But what are our approach to it?

After tonight's rapture dissapointment, I look back at how our approach to the subject of rapture. Are we putting too much yeast in the subject itself?

"He is at the door, or even nearer"
To some watches who has fallen out of the ranks, it seems like their dish is always the next one but never coming. Are we making God look bad? I know that we can't set any dates or whatsoever, I am sure that the day when Jesus rose from the tomb, His second coming has been preached many a times for 2000 years.

I got this joke in my mind that the rapture could happen, but Harold Camping mess it all up. LOL

"The war is about to begin! WW3!!!!"
Looking at the titles that Paul Begley has mentioned, it seems like things are happening as though they are which are not! I some how felt that the politicians are playing a day job game at the expense of the fellow citizens. When you are sending your fathers and sons to deliver the oppressed, or children in Syria is being gassed, the folks at the top would fight neck to toe on a weekday, and come weekends, pulling out the grill for a good bbq and some beers. Come Monday, they will continue the soap opera episodes.

And then again, with all these going on, are we breeding war mongers who create tension in the world? How can we blame on scoffers when we ourselves aren't doing the right thing? Are we raising up hopes that are inflating with yeast? Or giving a hope that's never meant to be?

I may be zapped or banned from this forum. And I am in no position to steady the ark here or anything of that sort. I am just putting out my 1/2 penny worth of thought.

But then again, I can't wait for the return of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I couldn't stand seeing evil as much as you folks do.

Email: ivanongfl82@hotmail.com

Tender Reed your words were like balm to my soul.

Thank you for your gift of verbalising what is surely in all of our hearts.

As I myself am quiet at this time, trying not to want to sleep all the time.....

I am busying myself by learning how to better hear His voice. I am starting with Becka's new book which I will buy on payday.

I send you love, and when I think of you I pray for the continued strengthening of your physical heart. Now I will add to that your spiritual heart. I love you brother.

Benjigirl

Email: Yeshuachild@hotmail.com

Thank you for the message of encouragement, TR!

I agree that the Lord will not be late. He will be right on time, according to His perfect plan.

TR,
We are all feeling the same...I woke up today and I am still kind of sad but yes we have to press on...I know the Lord Keeps His promises and I imagine He has waited only because He doesnt want any to perish.God bless you TR

TR I am very disappointed too- if I may be honest and vent my frustrations with The Lord for a moment here is what bugs me- first I hate surprises even good ones, don't ever plan a surprise party for me I will be a party pooper.
Be that as it may if the rapture has to be this big surprise, why bombard us with all these obvious signs and then delay delay delay? My watching eyes are getting tired from watching all these signs and never seeing the Blessed Hope.
Well time to quit complaining and get back to watching I guess- that is the benefit of being God I guess, we may not understand His ways but who can argue with Him? At least He is patient and patiently endures our complaints and frustration as we must be patient in waiting for Him.

I'm so sorry that you are disappointed TR, and to all of you others. I knew this was going to happen, and I know how bad it feels b/c I was extremely disappointed last Spring when the rapture didn't happen (b/c I knew that meant at least one more year of waiting).

I will not get my hopes up of a rapture until our anniversary comes near. Passover is the day Jesus paid the dowry, and to me it would be fitting to make the Jews jealous by taking us on the day they are waiting for their Messiah.

However, another way that I've been thinking could make the Jews jealous is if we are raptured (and it is made clear to the world how we disappeared) is to take us on a non-feast day. Since the Jews believe that God only acts on His feast days, this may be a shocker to them to see God act on a non-feast day and may make the Jews jealous.

Either way, if the start of WWIII starts this week, I don't know how we can make it to Spring (even though things have been unfolding very slowly and despite the fact that I believe we will see some horrible things before going home).

I do not think we will make it past Spring though, I just can't imagine how, unless everything to just stops in its place and nothing else happens. Which could happen, afterall, look at North Korea, they had their missiles all ready to go and then quietly cowered down. So anything is fair game right now. Keep your heads up folks, God has a purpose for us and we are NOT done with our job yet!

I've had this feeling that there would be disappointment again. There is every year, since I've been reading and was a lurker since 2008.
The Lord is never late. He is just on time. He is the same today as He was yesterday and throughout the ages.
I guess I have never put my hopes in a feast, because I believe those are for Israel to be fulfilled by the Lord. I have never put my faith in numbers, license plates or what I consider to be "Gideon signs". Trust me, I've pulled a few Gideons in my past.
But I came to realize that our departure has to do with "when the fullness of the gentiles comes in" and not a certain feast or date or number or even astronomical signs. Even many of those (astronomical signs) are meant for the signs of the Second Coming after the church is Raptured.
Remember what Jesus said to the church of Philadelphia?

"I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." (Revelation 3:8)

and..

"Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth." (Revelation 3:10)

Although our hearts ache to be with our Lord forever and ever, this is but a temporary place. We are just passing through and try daily to edify, speak and spread the Gospel of Salvation through Christ alone, to love one another and to encourage one another.

My prayer for all of us who are waiting and enduring is that we are all able to say:
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." (2 Timothy 4:7)

Hang in there with the rest of us. The Lord knows we all long to be HOME with Him for eternity. I know He is longing to take His bride HOME, too.

I just wanted to give you a on the wordplay in your title! Very clever!

We know that the appointment will happen, though, don't we. Maybe not on the traditional appointment days, but it will happen.

Thank you Tender Reed (and everyone else) for your posts here today.
I am hurting like those who hurt,
Self-examining like those who expressed taking a look at what they should be doing now,
Trying to get back on track albeit a bit slower than most others,
And receiving all of the encouragement being put forth by my brothers & sisters.

My heart physically hurts so badly, I physically feel ill. I am ashamed before The Lord as I know He knows what He is doing, but I so longed to feel His arms around me holding Me close to Him, letting My head rest upon His chest, knowing, at last, I was Home.

But I am reminded of our brothers & sisters who are being tortured, imprisoned, murdered in horrific ways, and most of us here are still relatively safe, although there are incidents of the beginnings of persecution for us.

Thank you for the verses of Scripture that were posted. I wrote them down to dwell upon today as I try to push myself out of this chair and spur myself into action once again.

After reading this thread, I can feel the tiny Light of Hope growing again in my heart.

As Beloved One in Christ shared His words to her, "I will not delay."

I love you my brothers & sisters,
Let us not forget to pray for one another,
Your Sister,
Patti

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us Tender Reed. I'm not surprised that we all feel the same way, but you very nicely put it into words hard to express.

Isaiah 62:11
The LORD has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: "Say to Daughter Zion, 'See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him.'"

Sparkles & Shiloh, agree with you both 100%..there would be no disappointment if we expected Christ to come on any day. I have been there and have done that in the past so I know how some of you may be feeling, to me it was an emotional & spiritual roller coaster in which I will no longer ride, but will look forward to His coming as Jesus said "At a time you Least Expect". May the Lords peace reign in your hearts"

TR: (And anyone else reading this post who is reeling from the passing of a high-watch date:)

Looking back on my short message I realize that your post is not the place for the light-hearted comment I made.

Please accept my apology.

Blessings and comfort.

-Brian (aka CSF)

thank you Tender Reed , we need all the encouragement we can get.
~~ as The Word states : " hope deferred causes the heart to sorrow ."
I agree with The Word on that .
sincerely , bonnie

I don't know if it's the coffee or having passed my 25th anniversary of high watch dates, but I'm actually not disappointed. Not even as I was 2 years ago. Every minute we remain, someone else comes to Christ and will be spared the horror of Daniel's 70th week. Our church's annual trip to Haiti last month netted over 160 souls swept into His Kingdom and 66 native pastors trained and equipped to better shepherd their flock. The harvest is still ongoing.

And perhaps it's my daily appreciation of Jack Kelly. He strongly leans to the rapture happening when the "number is up" rather than on a special day. I don't disagree with him in theory, but my God is a brilliant enough choreographer that the number being completed on a special day seems likely to me. So...we are in the Days of Awe, ten days given to Israel to consider her relationship with the Almighty King of the Universe. Not a bad time for a Rapture. It ends on the Day of Atonement, when they believe that Heaven's door closes and the books of life are closed for another year. A brilliant time for a Rapture. Followed closely by the Feast of Tabernacles, an ongoing reminder that the Lord our God brought us out of the land of affliction (this place) and brought us into the land of milk and honey (His Place). It's also a required attendance appointment, where all of His people are commanded to come into His physical presence. How's that sound? And it ends with the destruction of the temporary home and a return to the Permanent Home. Even better. Or second tabernacles aka Hannukah. Celebrated by Yeshua, added to Israel. Kinda like we were once a people separated from God, but He has made a new people out of all the nations to take for Himself a Bride. And a feast in memory of when the Temple of God which had been corrupt (think of our sin prone bodies) becomes purified by a divine miracle and become incorrupt (think of... well, the rapture of course!).

I'll hold off on being disappointed until the end of Hannukah. Then I'll be sad. Until Passover. Then it starts all over again. Should He tarry.

Everything that He allows in our lives serves to conform us into the Image of Christ.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

LOL, TX Thom. I think that way too. Could the full number of gentiles come in on a Feast day? Of course! That's why every day is watch day for me....and I like the part about the souls being saved in Haiti. We never know as we continue to spread the Word and encourage eachother in the faith, when that number will be met. But I agree, the Bride will be spared the Wrath..we just don't know when that day is, but God knows. I wonder if this mystery (as to the day of our departure) is to throw satan off guard. If we knew, so would he and his attacks would be fiercer than anything because we know he is desperate. Maybe this is God's way of protecting the Bride?

Although this has been posted before, I will share it again. Wondering if there is any merit to my thinking.

Essentially, I have been believing that the exact day of the Rapture is actually secondary in nature. In the spirit realm, I believe that the Lord is well pleased with any and all who cherish and put their trust in His promise of the Blessed Hope.

Our fellow believers, from the first century on and within every succeeding generation since, has always had those that have cherished and with "faith" waited, watched and prayed. What an affirmation of our love for Him and His Word! I believe that there will also be special rewards for those who did take the Blessed Hope to heart, apart from the crown as well.

But when we just simply believe, we honor the Lord more than we can imagine.
Party at my place when we get there. Love & blessings...TR

Amen, Tender Reed. God delights in those who look forward to our Blessed Hope. The timing isn't really the issue but the heart of the believer. So I will keep looking up, knowing that one day He will come for us. :)

I agree with that, TR.

"8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." (2 Tim. 4:8)

If there is a crown reserved for those of us who long for His appearing, I am sure there are rewards for endurance and patience in waiting for Him also.

I am leaning to RH being the Second Coming in glory and Yom Kippur and Tabernacles being fulfilled in rapid succession like the first coming. Soooo, that leaves us any other day for the rapture!

Shiloh said: I wonder if this mystery (as to the day of our departure) is to throw satan off guard.

Shiloh, I just had a picture in my head. Everytime a "high watch" date comes up it seems like things in the world get turned up to a boil and then when the date passes, things calm down (like they are right now with Syria). Could this be Satan trying to amp things up so that if the rapture happens on that day he can cause some type of catastrophe to take people's attention off of all the missing people?

If so, then I can see why it would be a moment we last expect, and an even better argument for a non-feast day. So that God can be like, "nope Satan, you aren't going to be able to explain this one away very easily!"

I think that's a good possibility, Sparks. Although, wouldn't anyone notice if this is worldwide? I believe Stan will be taken off guard just as he was when he didn't realize Christ's Crucifixion was for our salvation and his whole plan backfired. It brings to mind the scene from The Passion of the Christ" where he screams, realizing battle was already won by Jesus through His shed blood.

Just as a wizard/God is never late, so too it is with the Rapture. Any day is a good day to spend in the presence of the Lord, any day is a good day to believe, any day is a good day for the rapture! I believe Lord, help though my unbelief!

Love & blessings..Tender Reed

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com