Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hoshanah Rabbah

Hoshanah Rabbah is the 7th and last day of Sukkot or the Feast of Tabernacles. 

From what I have learned, Rosh Hashanah/ Yom Tereuh is considered the day of Judgement. (Judgement is rendered).
Yom Kippur is the day that judgement is sealed. However it is believed that God delivers judgement after Hoshanah Rabbah.

I knew that the Jewish people started repenting on Elul 1 in preparation for Yom Teruah and that they had until Yom Kippur to have their names written in the Book of Life for the next year. I didn't know that the Midrash and the Zohar also claim they have until Hoshanah Rabbah which is the 21st day of Tishrei. 
There's several places you can read more on this holiday on the net. Here's one link:

http://www.betemunah.org/hoshana.html

Re: Hosannah Rabbah

Very Interesting!

When is Roshanah Rabbah?

Sounds neat though! I didn't see correlating dates in article for 2013

Thanks for the info GodisLove!

Re: Hosannah Rabbah

You're welcome Beloved! That would depend on whose calendar you are following. The new moon was sighted on 9/7 in Jerusalem making today the first day of Rosh Hashannah/ Yom Teruah. Going by that it will be September 27/28th. ( the day starts at sunset the eve before).

Re: Hoshanah Rabbah

Thanks GodIslove, interesting information.

Loz :]

You're welcome Loz. I find the more I learn about the Jewish feasts and customs the greater understanding I have of things in the NT.

It would have been on Hoshanah Rabbah, the last and great day of Sukkot that Yeshua said this:

37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. John 7:37-38.

Learn more here: The Joy of Living Water: Jesus and the feast of Sukkot

http://www.followtherabbi.com/uploads/assets/pdfs/TheJoyofLiving-Sukkot.pdf

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

Wow GodIsLove!! That last post stuck out big time for me!

Do you realize that on that day Jesus stood up and cried out "COME TO ME" (just in different words) and what we are waiting for is for him to stand up and cry out to us again saying "COME UP HERE TO ME"

Great correlation!

:) Glad to see a lightbulb went off!

Also of interest is they say that judgement begins the following day, the 22nd of Tishrei.

Hoshanah Rabbah, is the last day of Sukkot (also known as the  Festival of Ingathering). Hoshanah Rabbah is also known as the "great salvation." As I wrote previously this is the day where judgement decrees supposedly are sent out to be fulfilled starting on Tishri 22.  It marks the time when God supposedly decrees the Book of Life and Death. It is considered the last feast day on the religious calendar before judgement. 

Custom has it people are wearing white, palm branches are being waved around and people are saying "Hoshanah"- a combination of hasha and na-" bring us salvation please." 
Interstingly we see in Rev. 7:9-10 : After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:17b: he will lead them to springs of living water. John 7:37-38 speaks of Yeshua saying He is the living water. (See above post.)

The gates of judgement are now supposedly closed. In Rev 8 we see the angels are sent out with the verdict. 

During Temple times the people would walk around the alter saying "save us please." psalm 118:25

The Hashanet- a prayer for redemption is said daily during Sukkot/ Tabernacles. On Roshanah Rabbah, the great and last day, it is recited 7 times and the alter (later the Bimah- the pedestal from which Torah is read) is also encircled 7 times.

Willow branches are struck to the ground 5 times until all leaves fall off, symbolic of casting away sins. During the circling   the Bimah acts as the alter of Atonement.(Who is the one who atones? Yeshua, the living Word.)

The night before many stay up all night reading Deuteronomy and reciting the book of psalms. Some take a mikvah (washing in living waters) before dawn. A festive meal is usually eaten and sometimes round challet as well as apples and honey as on Yom Teruah.

All during Sukkot they bind together:
Palm-possibly represents spine,
Etrog fruit- heart,Willow-mouth,Myrtle leaf- eyes
All represent ways sin can come in. 
These are waved in 6 directions. Save us from our sins?

...to be continued.....

While the Torah states that Sukkot is a seven day holiday (Lev. 23:34; Deut. 16:13), an additional day called "Shmini Atzeret" is also included at the end of Sukkot. (Lev. 23:36; Num. 29:35).  This day ia sometimes called the 8th day of assembly. It is said that Father enjoyed His time with His people that He wanted them to tarry / abide with Him another day. This is the end of the agricultural season and everyone prays for rain. (Some say this is Hashanah Rabbah). These are the latter rains needed for a good crop in the spring. This is a day of joy.

Excerpts:   Rain, of course, is made up of water, descending from the skies.  It is a type of the Holy Spirit of God.  Comparing God's Spirit to rain, the prophet Joel writes, "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:  And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit" (Joel 2:28-29).

This is the completion of one cycle and the beginning of another.

There is so much more that could be said about the 8th day but rather try to summarize it here's a link to an excellent article with lots of meat to chew on.

http://www.triumphpro.com/shemini-atzeret-eighth-day.htm

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com