Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Power Of Affirmation

4 I always thank my God concerning you, for the grace of God which was given you in Messiah Yeshua; 5 that in everything you were enriched in him, in all speech and all knowledge; 6 even as the testimony of Messiah was confirmed in you: 7 so that you come behind in no gift; waiting for the revelation of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah; 8 who will also confirm you until the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. 9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord. [1 Corinthians 1:4-9 HNV]

During a recent study, 200,000 employees were interviewed to discover the missing ingredient in their productivity. The study concluded that appreciation and affirmation topped the list of what they wanted most from their superiors. This research implies that receiving affirmation is a basic human need.

The apostle Paul seemed to realize this basic need in the Corinthian believers, so before he peppered them with firm words of discipline, he showered them with affirmation. As their spiritual leader, Paul began his letter with thanksgiving to God for the grace being displayed in their lives.

Once far from God, these believers were now participating in His grace through the death and resurrection of Christ. United with Jesus, they were drawing their spiritual life from Him, and the fruit of this union was their spiritual growth in godliness (1 Cor. 1:4-7). Paul deliberately and continually thanked God for His work in the Corinthian believers’ lives. I imagine that they were better able to bear firm criticism from Paul because of his tender affirmation.

When we see people who are obeying God, let’s take time to affirm them and to thank God for what He’s doing through them.

Lord, You are at work in so many ways in my life
and in the people around me. Help me to encourage
my brothers and sisters in Christ by telling them
how I am blessed to see Your work in them.

Praise loudly—correct softly.

The Power Of Affirmation
"Fair Use For Educational or Discussion Purposes"

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

Re: The Power Of Affirmation

Jonathan, thank God for you my brother in Christ.
The peace and grace and comfort and assurance of salvation that comes from the Holy Spirit be upon you today. God bless you.

Jonathan,
I heartily agree with Regina's sentiments. You post faithfully, even when you are not feeling well. I appreciate your hard work so very much.

I am sorry I've not told you this more often.

Every day I read your devotionals, which are all right here, in one place, because you've already done the hard work to find them and post them here. You are silent in your efforts, never asking for praise or accolades. You just go quietly about your work, and we enjoy the fruits of your labors.

THANK YOU, JONATHAN, FOR THESE MESSAGES FROM THE LORD for all of us!

Blessings!
Rhonda

Email: rbmomof4@yahoo.com

Thanks Jon. Affirming others is not only helpful to others but it is good for oneself.
Thanks for the post and diligently posting items for us often. I appreciate you.
Thank-you God for all my brothers qnd sisters here who post that we may fellowship together.

Thank you, Dear Jonathan, for this word today.
YSiC,
Patti : )

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com