<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
God's children (yea, Christ's saved) do suffer ~ forget the prosperity health and wealth lies~

powerful link~
www.joniandfriends.org/blog/yesterdays-special-interview/

Joni writes: "God bless you for praying for me as I recorded lots of new Joni and Friends radio programs! Yesterday was especially unique, because I was able to interview Katherine and Jay Wolf. Katherine suffered a massive stroke shortly after the birth of their little boy. Her disability may have curtailed her modeling career, but it's opened up a wonderful new ministry called Hope Heals. Learn more about this precious couple.

My comment: I'm convinced part of our journey includes suffering in order to know Jesus intimately ~~ He desires to share His Heart of joy as well as His sufferings ~~ our God makes purposeful His dealings with His children to know in Heaven the great reward He has for His own ~~

http://www4.samford.edu/belltower/120110/katherine&jaywolf.php

Re: God's children (yea, Christ's saved) do suffer ~ forget the prosperity health and wealth lies~

I love these ministers/ministries myself, Sis.
And I think these women have grown through their sufferings as well , and yet I still pray they are healed , as I know they long to be healed , who would not ? ~~~~ Does any person really want to stay in their condition , lovely , gorgeous, sweet , faithful , but not yet healed ?
~~~~I believe if we went to visit each one in their homes , and we ask them this : "Do you still pray for healing ...can you tell us the answer to the question ? " ~~~ I believe their answer would be this : " Of course I do . I am not a better christian for having not been healed as yet . If Jesus heals me , I am glad for it . I will continue with His work all the more . "
~~~~ To me that would be an "honest to good" answer that no one person would ever question , " Why ? "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We can still suffer for Christ in many ways , and we would be glad to.
~~ bonbell

Re: God's children (yea, Christ's saved) do suffer ~ forget the prosperity health and wealth lies~

Oh, I couldn't agree more. Beautiful picture though. You can see Christ shining through in all of them.
I think it is sad when people are so carried away with the materialism of life. It robs us of the true intimacy with our Lord. In no way am I saying that it wrong for people to have things. What I mean is it's all what matters to us most - the "things" in this life that rot away, or our eternal life.
I believe people learn differently, yet I for one know it to be true that if we have never suffered, we are never sharing in intimacy with Christ. We don't feel the need or desire to go any deeper than the surface stuff if we have never known suffering or true dependence on Him.
It saddens me when I see a precher promoting the prosperity gospel. What are these poor in spirit in their congregations looking for? Do they expect something that God never promised? "If he or she attained it, then so can I. They must be doing something right that I'm not and look at all they've got." is the mentality. I often wonder how some of that message sleep at night. There are the elderly with very limited means who can only afford to give a dollar or two. But that is a meal for them...while some of the prosperity gospel preachers are flying around in private jets because of that $2.00 many have given.
I know that sounds like I am judging and maybe I am. But it angers me to see the sick, the hurting, the dying, the weak, the disabled and the poor being taken advantage of. I can only imagine how it angered our Lord when He turned the tables over in the temple because it became a den of thieves. And HE was ANGRY! He used a whip!
Well, I guess I got that off my chest. Sorry. I didn't mean to go on and on.
Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

Dear Sis,

This post was so inspiring and uplifting for me today... Thank you for sharing this lovely story of amazing faith despite the odds and one's circumstances in life. Still praying and believing in the Lord no matter what happens even if our circumstances do not turn out like we had hoped for that does not change our love, dedication and loyalty to our most High God who is greatly to be praised even for the air we breathe and for another day of life...

These people are amazing children of the most high and are a great example of Faith on Fire... We can surely learn so much from their example of God's love that shines through them and their gratefulness to God for their lives despite their shortcomings..

God is amazing and can surely work mightily in every situation, for the Lord is a masterful Potter and we are the clay.
Amen!!!

Amen sisters, amen.
You have a holy outrage Shiloh, God bless you. He put it there to fight for the underdog and the oppressed. That's our job. To keep an eye out for the outsider, as He did.
Inspiring post Donna. It gives me more hope than watching a mega church millionaire 'preacher' pray for more wealth. Upside down world indeed.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com