<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Urgent - The UN Security Counsil postponed indefinitely?

Just now they said on Norwegian news that Russia has asked that the UN Security Council is postponed indefinitely. This change every minute

Re: Urgent - The UN Security Counsil postponed indefinitely?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????

It says on FOX news that the reason that this was done was because Russia has withdrawn it's offer to have Syria's chemical weapons surrendered to them.

The O has asked for a delay in the Senate vote. Something strange is going on.

Yes, indeed. Where is the smiley with the eyes rolling? No seriously, It’s difficult to keep track here.

All these twists and turns..it's bipolar! But we stand on solid ground - with God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????

I second that!!! What's going on - does anyone have any more news as to what this means?? Back on the roller coaster!

I like #2 best

Heard on Fox, that Obama asked for a delay, then Russia withdrew all together. Fox said that it was because the Russians were saying that the U.S. (or any of it's Allies) had to agree to not use military force or any strikes in Syria. That's why I'm "assuming", that Obama requested the delay?

The part of the Russian request about "Allies", I believe is mostly aimed towards Israel.

annelis
Yes, indeed. Where is the smiley with the eyes rolling? No seriously, It’s difficult to keep track here.

Here it annelis - enjoy (as close to a eyes rolling as you will get)

Thanks Goldenknight

Some info for discussion purposes only:

The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza is tweeting details of the US-UK-French draft UN resolution, from a "diplomatic source":

1. Condemns 8/21 massacre & specifies it was committed by the Syrian regime.

2. Demands that Assad give up all elements of his chemical weapons program and places them under international control for dismantling.

3. Puts in place an international mechanism for monitoring by Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.

4. Specifies there will be "extremely serious consequences" for noncompliance, meaning the use of force. 4/5
— Ryan Lizza (@RyanLizza) September 10, 2013

5. Says perpetrators of 8/21 attack will be tried at the International Criminal Court.

Lizza says it's a Chapter 7 resolution, with authorization of the use of force in case of noncompliance. "Initial Russian reaction was nyet," Lizza writes, "but that was expected."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...b0a811a627c814

So...is this the stickler part then?:

5. Says perpetrators of 8/21 attack will be tried at the International Criminal Court.

I take it that if Assad was tried and found guilty - he would be removed from his position and probably/possibly do time???

That seems like it would be the reason for Putin to pull back if he wants Assad to stay in power.

NoFearJustFaith
So...is this the stickler part then?:

I take it that if Assad was tried and found guilty - he would be removed from his position and probably/possibly do time???

That seems like it would be the reason for Putin to pull back if he wants Assad to stay in power.

Might be part of it, but think the big stickler is the U.S. or it's allies using force for non-compliance. Read earlier that the Russian's want the U.S. and allies to agree to not use force, or military intervention. I believe the language referring to "Allies", might be specifically referring to Israel. (but that last part is just speculation on my part.)

I stated in another post that there were rumors that Saudi Arabia offered Russia a hand in the global oil market and their own rights to their own gas lines if they stepped away from Assad. Like I said, these are rumors and no way for me to prove it but they came out yesterday or this morning and my father who is a high rank individual in an oil company who has worked in the ME believes these rumors may be true. I stated to myself earlier that if I heard Russia back away then the rumors might have some validity, less than 8 hours later, Russia is withdrawing their offer? Did Saudi Arabia just buy Russia?

OH YEAH! I found it!!!

"Perhaps in a bid to wean Russia off of the Islamic pipeline, Saudi Arabia last month presented a plan to Moscow in which Russia would reject Syria’s president in return for a huge arms deal and a pledge to boost Russian influence in the Arab world.

Agence France-Presse reported President Vladimir Putin refused the plan in a meeting with Saudi Arabia’s intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan.

Bandar reportedly proposed that Saudi Arabia buy $15 billion of weapons from Russia and invest “considerably in the country,” according to AFP.

Demonstrating that oil interests are clearly at play, AFP reported: “The Saudi prince also reassured Putin that ‘whatever regime comes after’ Assad, it will be ‘completely’ in the Saudis’ hands and will not sign any agreement allowing any Gulf country to transport its gas across Syria to Europe and compete with Russian gas exports.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/is-this-what-syria-war-really-about/#jHRFRh3Tl9hrwTQH.99

I'm thinking they "upped" the offer and Russia took the bite! Is this the "hook in the jaw"?

Please guys, read this article, it is VERY informative!!!

As the thot plickens!!!

Good question, Sparkles. Oil and gas could very well be the "hook in thy jaw" as far as Russia goes.

Here's the clickable link from your post:
http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/is-this-what-syria-war-really-about/#jHRFRh3Tl9hrwTQH.99

It's not just us on this site. Other watchers are scrathing their heads on this whole thing too.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com