Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My heart is broken. . .

My realtor just put up the "For Sale" sign in front of the 2 story log cabin that my husband designed and built, where we lived together our entire married lives, and where we raised our family. 26 years.
I think I'm going to have to cry a little bit & feel sorry for myself just a tiny bit, before I can go on.
It feels as if my heart is being torn from my body.
It's silly, I know, for there is so much to be thankful for.

If anyone has a few words of encouragement, a prayer, a verse of scripture to help me, I would most sincerely appreciate it.

You see, according to The Department of Child Welfare, I was neglected as an infant. Enough so that I was taken from my mother at 2 months of age. Then I spent the next 20 months in different foster homes until I was adopted at 22 months. So what? So, separation of any kind is devastating to me. Can you understand?

Maybe, when we get Home, Jesus will show me why my life started out that way. Maybe, if we want to, we can know why certain things happened from beginning to end. I would like to know. I have a real sibling somewhere that I would like to know.
What was my story? I'm rambling. Sorry.

Speak to my heart if you can. I need a family now.

Patti

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

Re: My heart is broken. . .

Oh, sweet Patty, I can't even imagine what you are are going through. I only know that when I went through a divorce, if I had not had God to pull me through those tough days, I wouldn't have made it. I know you know God, so lean on Him as much as you can.

Cry out to Him; yell at Him; even shake your fist at Him if you feel like it. He's a Big God; He can take it! And you know what? He will still love you and He will wrap His big ole arms around You and hold you...if you'll let Him. Don't be afraid to ask Him to heal your hurt and tell Him that you are just not strong enough to do this right now. Ask Him to be your strength and hold you up. Ask Him to send you a friend who can hold your hand physically.

ASK HIM, PATTY! and keep on asking Him! He loves you so much. Let Him love on you, honey!

Email: rbmomof4@yahoo.com

Patti Day,

So sorry for the many emotions you are feeling. Its tough to sell a home, especially like the one you describe. Have a good cry—its more than appropriate. I don’t know that I can give any comforting words other than after you’ve grieved for what you’re leaving behind, to focus on the new home you’ll have and the happy memories you will be creating there.

Dear Patti, two things came to my mind while reading this confession of yours. The first, about the place where you spent and built a great deal of your life being put for sale, was this part of 1 John 2:15, which interestingly I happened to come across and reread a few moments prior to seeing your post: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world." (KJV)

You know, we sometimes let ourselves get attached to material things, but we have to keep this verse in mind. One day all of these wordly things will be gone, and it's also not these places and objects that matter, but the good memories and relationships you've formed with loved ones. These are the good things that the Lord gives us on this earthly life and that end up lasting more than those material things.

The second thing, about your past and you wanting to know why it was that way and not another way, is not a verse but something I read somewhere not long ago which stuck with me. It was something along the lines of 'Would the clay ask the one who molded it why it had been molded that way and not another way?', which can apply to our Lord who has been working and preparing us in our lives. Remember that He has a perfect plan, and it's not that much about how we got where we are, but what we were made into according to His plan, and what He continues to do to prepare us even more.

I think this last one made such an impression on me because I myself have asked one too many times why I was (and still am in some aspects) a certain way and not another. All in due time and according to His plan.

We always need to remember to not lose heart and trust Him in His decisions.

Patti, I'm so sorry. I have no words of wisdom for you, only prayer for you. Prayerfully the rapture happens soon, so you don't have to move.

I'm so sorry, my heart breaks for you going through this emotional time in your life.

Ahhh... My dear sister Patti,

I am so sorry that your heart is aching right now and you have every reason to have those feelings of sadness.
May the Lord comfort your heart and let it be still for In Heaven you will have the desires of your heart.

I am sure, the Lord will grant you an even more beautiful and glorious cabin and you will be in Heaven to enjoy it with your late husband. Thankfully, you were blessed with this lovely home that your husband built with his own hands and you were able to enjoy it for a long time.

May your heart be mended by the hands of our Almighty God for he can fix and repair anything right?
Lay your feelings and the burdens at the feet of the Cross and God will take care of the rest.
God has something better for you in door number #2.. LOL....

God is full of surprises and knows what you like and do not like for He was the one that formed you in your mother's womb. He knows you better than anyone else.

May the peace of God rest on your spirit tonight my dear sister and I will keep you close in my prayers..

Love you sis and I send you a great big Hug your way....

JESUS SENDS YOU THIS ROSE....

Oh Pattie, I feel your heart brokenness. I can relate because I lost my wife of 51 I/2 years 15 months ago. It is not silly to be heart broken to see your home go up for sale where you and your husband spent your entire marriage together and raised your family. I also live in the house where my wife and I spent 39 years together and raised our family. I have been tempted to move back to our home state of Oklahoma to be closer to relatives but at this time there just too many memories to leave. The only words of encouragement I can give are it won't long before you and I will be visiting with our love ones in heaven and worshiping the Lord together. As long as we remain here on earth there will always be that void in our lives of the loss of a love one that has gone on before us. I have asked the Lord many times since He took my wife to hold me up and help me cross that finish line in the race He has laid out for me. I know that He is intimately in control of all events and circumstances in our lives.

Email: wjloman@sbcglobal.net

103 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
6 The Lord executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.
15 As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.
17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
18 To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.
19 The Lord has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.
20 Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
21 Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
22 Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!

A sweet embrace is what it takes from the loving arms of Yeshua. Sit back and relax, allowing His love and light to encompass you fully, filling in those cracks and crevices caused by pain. Bask in His Word.
And remember that His grace is sufficient. 
Hugs, GIL

A new home, an extended family, and perhaps your birth mom also awaits! Kinda reminds me of the story about the plastic pearl necklace. A little girl so enamored with faux pearl necklace, forsakes all for it alone. Her father asks her to give to Him in exchange for something else. Finally she relents, she releases, and she gives away the epitome of all her hopes and dreams, only to receive from her father, a real and more beautiful and costly pearl necklace. I feel your loss, sweet sister. I feel your struggles, precious one of God. So does God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

God sets the solitary in families;
He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land. Psalm 68:6

It is in the very nature of God to bring people together; while people may have to endure some solitude for a season, His perfect will is to have all of His people as one. Though all things will change, His love for us will not. He desires that we set our affections upon Himself, that He may give us the perfect for what passes away.

And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. Mark 10:29-30

Surely that cannot mean a hundred times more possessions, or children. It has to mean that our joy will break through all limits, even while we face the troubles of this world. Yet there is a better world ahead of it.

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!" Isaiah 49:15

How can we understand the mind of God in how He decides how much to allow in our lives. But He is love. He is faithful. He is forever. We have at least one more BIG letting go coming up, but He is utterly worth it. And all that you have gone through has shaped you into the friend we love. He's done some fine work in your life.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Patti, I don't know exactly what's going on in your life, but I wanted you to know that your current circumstance has done NOTHING to diminish your wealth in Christ. He is where we find our Joy.

If Joy is found in Christ alone, our circumstance becomes dim. I know you are in pain, hurting, and in despair, but know He sees you and loves you. He wants you to pray for Him to restore unto you the Joy of thy salvation. Praise the Lord. He loves you so much, dear sis. You'll get through this. He'll see to it.

Remember, though our flesh and our hearts may fail, GOD IS THE STRENGTH OF OUR HEARTS. Lean on Him always. Only He can give your heart its strength. Do nothing on your own power. Ask Him to fill you, and He will be faithful to you. Depend on the tenderness of Yeshua, your Greater Husband. He will lead you through the valley of the shadow. <3

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

Patti,
I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. I cringe at the thought of something happening to my wife and being left with out her. She is Christ to me everyday in some way, shape, or form. She is so loving, so kind, so merciful and sometimes I wonder what I did or how I was so lucky to have God give me the honor of being her husband. I'm no ogre or horrible person, just a man that is a little rough around the edges. She has helped me to understand, "husbands love your wives as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself us as a sacrifice to her."
The way that you describe your love for him and the life you shared sounds amazing. My heart grieves with you for your loss and having to sell the home you shared.
I came across this story and thought of you Patti. I hope that you like it and I pray that God will use it to encourage you.

God's Blessings to You.

You’re Not Home Yet

An old missionary couple had been working in Africa for years, and they were returning to New York City to retire. They had no pension; their health was broken; they were defeated, discouraged, and afraid. They discovered they were booked on the same ship as President Teddy Roosevelt, who was returning from one of his big-game hunting expeditions.

No one paid much attention to them. They watched the fanfare that accompanied the President’s entourage, with passengers trying to catch a glimpse of the great man.

As the ship moved across the ocean, the old missionary said to his wife, "Something is wrong. Why should we have given our lives in faithful service for God in Africa all these many years and have no one care a thing about us? Here this man comes back from a hunting trip and everybody makes much over him, but nobody gives two hoots about us."

"Dear, you shouldn’t feel that way," his wife said.

"I can’t help it; it doesn’t seem right."

When the ship docked in New York, a band was waiting to greet the President. The mayor and other dignitaries were there. The papers were full of the President’s arrival, but no one noticed this missionary couple. They slipped off the ship and found a cheap flat on the East side, hoping the next day to see what they could do to make a living in the city.

That night, the man’s spirit broke. He said to his wife, "I can’t take this; God is not treating us fairly."

His wife replied, "Why don’t you go into the bedroom and tell that to the Lord?"

A short time later he came out from the bedroom, but now his face was completely different. His wife asked, "Dear, what happened?"

"The Lord settled it with me," he said. "I told him how bitter I was that the President should receive this tremendous homecoming, when no one met us as we returned home. And when I finished, it seemed as though the Lord put his hand on my shoulder and simply said, ‘But you’re not home yet!’"

From Talking To My Father, by Ray Stedman. Barbour & Co. 1997.

Just for you this morning Patti:

Isa 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Dear patti, you,re not being silly at all. You are saying goodbye to your beloved home. Tx thom, is right, maybe this is to prepare you for the big letting go just around the corner, for us all.
he will reveal everything to you. Why you had to have such a tough start. Why our mothers were not able to care for us in our early years. But God loved you then, as He does now.
You WILL meet lots of brothers and sisters you never knew you had.
And you will never feel homesick again.

No more tears, no more pain....

'I Will lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved, He who keeps you will not slumber. behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep'. Psalm 121 1-4

'the Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time froth, and even forevermore'. Psalm 121.8

PATTI PLAYING HER PIANO IN HEAVEN...

Patty dear Sister these are the scripture I feel led to give you.

Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jer 33.3

“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.” (Psalm 34:17)

“I will go before you and make the crooked paths straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.” (Isaiah 45:2)

“Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.” (Psalm 62:1)

“Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He guards all of his bones; not one of them is broken.” (Psalm 34:19)

“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)

Luke 1:37 "For no word from God will ever fail.”

Dear Patti ~ just yesterday I had reason to think on this scripture for myself:

For my father and my mother have forsaken me, But the LORD will take me up. Ps 27

God has been in control of your life to bring you to where you are today, to the Lord, to Rita, through His goodness and watchcare over you. He saw what would take place in your life and He made provision and places of protection for you! He has sheltered you under His mighty wings! His thoughts are always toward you - and He is building you a mansion! Who knows that He's not patterning a portion of your mansion after your special cabin!! Just let Him hold you and hug you today, and receive that where you have been forsaken, He has taken you up into His compassionate and loving arms!!

Hugs, Rocki

Prayers for your peace Patti -

May the spirit bring you a joy of where you are going to help ease the pain of what you are leaving behind.

Just for you this afternoon Patti:

2Cor 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

2Cor 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Patti, your loving heavenly Father allows certain circumstances in our life so He can use us to reach out to encourage and comfort others who are hurting with similar circumstances in this fallen broken world. Our God is awesome!

Patti: I am in the process of getting rid of over 30 years of clutter to put the house on the market which is not an easy job. I do not have a choice as I co-own the house with my ex.

What I will be taking with me are memories of the time here bringing up my children along with pictures and things passed down to me. Home is more than a building. For your children, you will be home to them wherever you many go.

In heaven we will have our own place that God has been preparing for us. Life here is temporary. We would gladly leave all behind to go to our real home in heaven and that is what I keep telling myself. Prayers coming your way.

God bless you Patti . I am praying The Lord will pour out His healing balm on you and soothe your aching heart as only He can , Savior -Friend , Redeemer -King .
I love your sweet dear spirit . I am sorry about your loss of your home . The mansion He is preparing for you , it will be beyond anything imaginable and it is not a far-off time until you are there with Him enjoying it . Until then I pray your wounds are healed and your spirit revived in His Joy , in His Grace , In His Bounty .
I love you , Sis ....will not cease to pray each day on your behalf , bonnie

Patty I hate to hear that your are so heartbroken and sad, this has been a tough two really three years for me, I know a little of what you are talking about...

I hope you know you are loved.. So Precious and Dear and I'm sure not just to Jesus but to your family and friends and those on here...

It seems everyone you talk too recently has been really having a rough time of it.. My mom took sick three years ago, Really bad two years, diabete's for many years, heart disease ect..

I've lost ten family member's in the last three years and several friends with another aunt and sis in law who will pass soon, seems my very large and close family is getting smaller ... My mom passed in Oct. nine days before her birthday and my oldest brother on the ninth of Aug. so it is still very tough on me. I miss my mom dearly but was very close to my brother sometimes the grief overwhelms so badly it threatens to take my breath away..
Both had cancer my mom's "ovarien" and my brother had "prostate", my brothers was stage 4 a long while before my mom's, he hung on and helped to care for her even though he was so sick, he and my husband was my rock to lean on, now one of my rocks is gone.. and yes I know he's saved and with mom and my other family member's but I miss him so....

I hope you have a loving family, our oldest daughter is actually my hubbys niece, but you could never convince him of that LOL, she is just like him, he raised her from the time she was about three months old, his sister was in a bar and he went in to check on her and found his now daughter with a black eye, his sister said someone had accidently hit her with their elbow, he took her home with him and she never came and got her, he raised her and she is his daughter... We love her dearly she is our's just like our youngest daughter and son, she's actually more like him then our other two LOL, such a tomboy, loves to hunt and fish.. I can understand how Christ can feel so much love for us every time I see our daughters and son , and grandaughters and now two great grandaughters , so precious... everyone of them... and you are too...

Thank you all for the comfort you have given me here. Every single person gave something that contained exactly what I needed to hear! Since I use my phone instead of a "real" computer, I can't copy anything using a copier, so I was the copier!!
I wrote everything down so I could read & re-read it as much as I want/need to. So many blessings one after another after another!! You made me feel special and cared for. I have no one left in my immediate family (except my daughters & grandchildren, but they are all far away. All of my friends were the other teachers and support staff at my school, but when I left to take care of Mike, we've not made the time in that busy "School-teacher World" to keep in contact very much. Another thing I discovered when Mike died was that "our friends" we did things with, get-togethers and such, were "his friends". I hadn't even really realized that until he was gone, and there was . . . Nobody! Solid Rock, did you find that to be true at all? But you and your wife were married much longer than Mike & me, so that's probably not true in your case.
I loved the beautiful pictures! The roses, & the little girls & little lambs in Jesus' arms. That's where I want to be as I'm sure all of you do!
I cannot thank you enough for caring enough about me to take the time to make me feel better.
Bless you all,
Love to you all,
I can't wait to meet you all when we finally get Home! (May that be soon!!)
Your Sister who is Grateful to each & every one of you!
Patti : ) <--- notice smile on face, Lol!

Website: Check out this video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopzID7EltI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my iPhone

Patti - where are you moving to? Do I remember you mentioning one time that you were moving to Texas or was that someone else?

Sending love to you Patti. Someone else posted that verse about comforting others with the comfort we have received, so perhaps sharing this might comfort you...
Last night I was crying because of life circumstances, a meltdown time. My husband was off hunting so I was alone in the house. As I was telling the Lord I want to go home, that this world just is not home, I thought He asked what do I think it will be like? What would I make if I could make home? I draw once in a while, so I got out pastels and was drawing a porch and garden. I realized as I was drawing that it seemed our invisible Lord was there looking on at what I was making and watching me. I stopped crying, when I don't even know..What took my tears away was not the sketchpad, it was that I was in the presence of Jesus.

He loves you and your husband very much. Grieve, cry, and be at peace in the presence of the Lord. God bless you
Regina

Regina, I don't know about comforting the original writer of this thread but you sure have me..

As you was saying you were drawing a porch and garden, that brought back so many happy memories of my childhood.. Bless you..

Patti Day,
I have had you in my thoughts and prayers.If you get a chance get out your old photos and cherish them.No one can take that away from you...Im sure the Lord has a beautiful home for you and yours when we get to our Heavenly home
thomas kinkade cabin photo: Thomas Kinkade Art _cabin-n-the-Fall.gif

Oh Patti, I'm so sorry for what you've gone through... it breaks my heart to think about your broken heart and your loss. Please know that you do indeed have family here at Rita.... we're always here for you to listen and pray for you. I really do believe we'll be Home before too long.... please keep that in your heart and believe it! Peace is coming.... for all of us.. Shirley

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com