<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Senators Voting Yes on Syria received 83% more campaign $ from Defense Contractors

Submitted by Donny Shaw on Sep 4, 2013

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee voted 10-7 (1 member voted "Present") yesterday to approve a resolution authorizing the use of military force in Syria. The resolution would allow the President to use the Armed Forces of the United States in Syria "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in a limited and specified manner" for 60 days with an optional extension for another 30 days.
During the debate, Senator John McCain, R-Ariz., won support for two amendments. The resolution will have to be approved by the full Senate and House before it can be sent to President Obama for his approval.
Data: MapLight analysis of contributions from employees and PACs of defense contractors and other defense industry interests to current members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, from January 1, 2007—December 31, 2012. Contributions data source: OpenSecrets.org
Senators voting to authorize the use of military force in Syria have received, on average, 83 percent more money from defense contractors and other defense interests than senators voting against the use of military force.
Senators voting "YES" on authorization received, on average, $72,850 from the defense industry. 
Senators voting "NO" on authorization received, on average, $39,770 from the defense industry.
Senator John McCain, R-Ariz., has received $176,300 from defense contractors and other defense interests, more than any other member of the committee. He voted "YES" on the resolution.
Voting "No" Party State Defense Industry Contributions Voting "Yes" Party State Defense Industry Contributions
John Barrasso R WY $86,500 John McCain R AZ $176,300
Marco Rubio R FL $62,790 Dick Durbin D IL $127,350
Chris Murphy D CT $59,250 Timothy Kaine D VA $101,025
Ron Johnson R WI $19,250 Ben Cardin D MD $80,550
Tom Udall D NM $18,700 Bob Corker R TN $70,850
Rand Paul R KY $17,900 Bob Menéndez D NJ $60,000
Jim Risch R ID $14,000 Jeanne Shaheen D NH $41,872
- - - - Jeff Flake R AZ $26,900
- - - - Barbara Boxer D CA $24,150
- - - - Chris Coons D DE $19,500
"No" Average $39,770 "Yes" Average $72,850
"No" Total $278,390 "Yes" Total $728,497
Image credit: MapLight

http://maplight.org/content/73331

Keep your eyes wide open folks!

"Fair use for Educational and Discussion Purposes."

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

Re: Senators Voting Yes on Syria received 83% more campaign $ from Defense Contractors

Thanks for posting GIL.

Quote:"Keep your eyes wide open folks!"

That request is not difficult to follow for my part anyway. I’m not able to sleep nowadays. Just a couple of hours in the morning of exhaustion. . I guess I’m a pretty sensitive person.

To you GIL: 3AM this morning I read 2 posts by you. I commented on 1. The other, about America, was so powerful that I did not manage to say anything.I was about to comment this morning, but then I guess it was deleted. Cannot find it. I’m so sad and filled with sorrow now. I know we should NOT be afraid,Because God will protect us. I do believe that, but I can assure you that gets harder every day.

Re: Senators Voting Yes on Syria received 83% more campaign $ from Defense Contractors

Praying you get some restful sleep Annellis. Our bodies need it.
Yes, the post about America was extremely powerful. I pray for mercy, for justice and that Gods love never ends.
It does appear to have been deleted during the night. I guess it was considered not edifying to the body or our Lord and Savior or too scary or not backed by Scripture and I can understand that. I am thinking of maybe starting a blog for things that possibly may be deleted here. I am going to pray about it. I understand your sorrow completely as I felt it too, however we also need to accept that things are all unfolding according to His plan. God bless you and give you comfort and rest. GIL.

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

Thanks GIL . Don’t worry about me, I manage.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com