<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Chemical Weapons Convention=Covenant with Many???

I just woke from a nap, and when I did this was the thought in my mind-that the Chemical Weapons Convention was the covenant with many.being confirmed.

Just throwing it out there. I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Please take this to your prayer closet and use discernment. I don't claim to be a prophet nor do I claim that this was a word from the Lord. It does have me wondering now!

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

Re: Chemical Weapons Convention=Covenant with Many???

I have been feeling the same thing in my spirit about it.

I don't believe it's likely. Daniel 9:27 speaks of how the prince that shall come will make a strong covenant, but the focus is mostly on how the temple sacrifices will be stopped in the midst of the seven years.

If this convention does not specify seven years and has no mention of the temple, then I wouldn't draw a connection. If it does, then I might be more open to the idea.

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Daniel 9:27

It may not be "it", but I can see easily how the failure of this "agreement" brewing today could LEAD to that soon though.

Email: needlemethat@yahoo.com

I believe Daniel's covenant will be confirmed after the Psalm 83 War, and I also believe the parallel passage in Isaiah 17 shows that chemical weapons will be used on Israel.

"Fair Use for Education and Discussion Purposes"

The devastation on Israel described in the "Great Middle East War" will be difficult to recover from, especially population-wise. However, the likely rise in anti-Semitism after the war will probably force much of the rest of the world's Jews to move to Israel for safety. God has allowed persecution of the Jews time and again over the past century, to re-gather them home:

Ezekiel 28:25-26 - 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "When I have gathered the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and am hallowed in them in the sight of the Gentiles, then they will dwell in their own land which I gave to My servant Jacob. And they will dwell safely there, build houses, and plant vineyards; yes, they will dwell securely, when I execute judgments on all those around them who despise them. Then they shall know that I am the LORD their God."'"

Notice in the passage above, Israel will dwell securely only after God executes judgment on her neighbors that despise them. After the "Great Middle East War," when God judges Israel's neighbors, the Jewish people will feel secure for the first time since their return from exile, as shown in Ezekiel 28. Keep in mind that Israel "dwelling securely" is a prerequisite before the "Gog and Magog War."

The Hebrew word "betach," translated as "dwelling securely," is found in both passages of Ezekiel 28 and 38. "Betach" literally means to have confidence and trust. In other words, Israel may feel secure, but may not actually be secure after God judges their neighbors.

Israel will own the land east of the Jordan River before the "Gog and Magog War". Currently, it is under Jordanian rule. The passages below show that Gog and his defeated armies will have a burial-place in Israel, but east of the Dead Sea:

Ezekiel 39:11 - "It will come to pass in that day that I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea [Dead Sea]; and it will obstruct travelers, because there they will bury Gog and all his multitude. Therefore they will call it the Valley of Hamon Gog."

Israel's confidence and sense of security may stem from a confirmed peace covenant after the "Great Middle East War," that leaves most of Israel's enemies defeated. There is support for this notion in the following passages which describe the covenant brokered by the antichrist:

Isaiah 28:14 - ...hear the word of the LORD, you scornful men, Who rule this people who are in Jerusalem, Because you have said, "We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves."

Isaiah 28:18,22 - Your covenant with death will be annulled, And your agreement with Sheol will not stand; When the overflowing scourge passes through, Then you will be trampled down by it... Now therefore, do not be mockers, Lest your bonds be made strong; For I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts, A destruction determined even upon the whole earth.

Isaiah chapters 26-29 are about God's judgment on Israel and the "whole earth," which places these chapters in the Tribulation period. It appears that Israel makes the "covenant with death" because they mistakenly believe it will make them secure, by becoming a refuge for them. The problem is that Israel will not seek security in God, even though God will come to their rescue when they cry out to Him during the "Great Middle East War." Therefore, the covenant Israel confirms with the antichrist will lead to death.

Also, consider the members listed in the Gog and Magog horde...

Israel's immediate neighbors are conspicuously missing from the list, suggesting that the "Great Middle East War" occurs first, before the "Gog and Magog War." This outer-ring of Israel's neighbors has not been directly involved in war with Israel. However, they have supported the inner-ring of Israel's enemies; including the terrorist groups who have been, in effect, fighting a proxy war for this outer ring of nations, namely Iran.

I believe that the kingdoms of the north and the south, described in Daniel 11, will form after the "Great Middle East War," as part of the covenant made with Israel. That could be a reason they are not mentioned in the "Gog and Magog War." Also, Saudi Arabia is only mentioned as protesting on the sidelines in this war, which may mean that they also agree to peace with Israel, along with the "king of the north" and the "king of the south."

Disarmament of Israel may be in the covenant. If so, the antichrist and "the many" would be paving the way for the next war. In other words, the antichrist will be saying to the Jews: "Take the land and build your temple," while thinking: "You will be unable to defend yourself against the rest of the Muslim nations that are chomping at the bit to wipe you off the map because you laid your weapons down." This is basically what happened when Israel became a nation. Most of the western world gave permission for Israel to become a nation, but stepped aside when the surrounding Muslim nations came together against the newly born nation.

God will judge Islam and atheism in the "Gog and Magog" and "Great Middle East" wars. All the nations, except Russia, in these two wars are Islamic. However, while Russians largely profess Orthodox Christianity, the government is atheistic, and the Islamic population is growing rapidly there. After God pours out His judgment in these two wars, both Islam and atheism will virtually cease-to-exist:

Zephaniah 2:10-11 - This they shall have for their pride, because they have reproached and made arrogant threats against the people of the LORD of hosts. The LORD will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; People shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations.

The void in "religion" made by the rapture, the "Great Middle East War," and the "Gog and Magog War," will allow for the "Mystery Babylon" religion to rise during the first half of the Tribulation. Later, the antichrist will do away with this mystic religion and claim himself as God. The good news is that many will come to know and worship the true God and not follow the "Mystery Babylon" religion.

God will not only "reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth," He will also be revealing Himself again to the Jewish people. A dispensation change has taken place, as God is calling Israel His people again. This supports this war occurring after the Tribulation starts:

Ezekiel 39:7 - So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will not let them profane My holy name anymore, then the nations shall know that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel shows that God plans to reinstate His "old covenant" relationship with Israel in the Millennium. God's purpose of the "Gog and Magog War" and the rest of the Tribulation, is to bring the Jews to a saving knowledge of Jesus as Messiah before He establishes His earthly kingdom.

In the middle of the Tribulation, the antichrist will be given dominion over all but the protected Jewish remnant, who will have escaped to Jordan. The antichrist will spend the last three and a half years on a global conquest starting with Israel (Daniel 11).

As God is turning back to Israel and pouring out judgment and wrath on their enemies, these two wars are likely to usher in the Tribulation, where God will test and refine Israel, as they come to a saving knowledge that Jesus is Messiah (Zechariah 12-14).

Click below for the rest of the study:

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/speculation.php

Email: amy@trackingbibleprophecy.org

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com