Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
3 days of darkness

Lately I’ve seen some post both here and elsewhere about 3 days of darkness that will come to earth before rapture. I’ve read some of these
"horror- prophecies" and started to wonder if this is going to happen or what.

I know it can be plausible, because it was 1 of the 10 plagues of Egypt. What I cannot understand is why this has to afflict us. Am I a coward that does not want this to happen to me? Yes, that is probably correct.

Let’s face it, who wants to be alone in complete darkness for 3 whole days without knowing what’s going on around you? Even with absence from God. Not me.

But honestly, I cannot see why that should happen to us. Can you? Are we not his children who should be protected in the last days? Why should we be punished?

I’ve googled "3 days of darkness" and almost every single site i looked up was catholic. In one place it was stated that it was mainly a catholic belief.

I know that God will protect us no matter what, but it’s not fun anyway.

What do you think?

Re: 3 days of darkness

Something that recognizable would go against the idea of the rapture being unexpected, in my view. I know of no Biblical prophecy that demands three days of darkness preceding the Lord's coming for the Church. Perhaps Revelation 16:10 could indicate something like a time of darkness, but that comes much later.

Thanks David R. That’s what I like to hear . I rest with that.

I don't know what is going to happen, 3 days of pitch black would be very odd to actually occur so I would assume this would be some other type of darkness. But I DO believe there will be some terrible things that will soon take place, such as mass death, disease, etc before we go home and I don't know if that is the "darkness" or not. I also believe that WE will not suffer during this time, but that those suffering will look to us and see the light in us and WANT what we have and that the Bride will be greatly used at that time to save the lost (sorta like the Red Cross when a natural disaster strikes). I also believe that the rapture during this time will still be as it is now....we'll know it is any minute yet still scratching our head and asking "how much longer?"

I could be all wrong, and we could just disappear without anything happening, but I think God will make one last "shout-out" to His people before bringing condemnation to the world.

Yes,I always thought that was more in the tribulation period...

i really hope this is not the case.
but is it possible that God becomes silent for 3 days. where we are allowed to experience a sense of abandonement, kind of like jesus on the cross, but clearly nowhere near as bad.
kind of like a Job moment for all His followers.
where the devil is let loose to break us down.
but God knows our faith will not fail completely, and even if it does He will still pick us up at the end of our last battle.

prefer david's answer too annelies !
dont mind me.

I appreciate all answers. I suddenly remembered that in Egypt it was only the Egyptians who lived in darkness, not the Jews. So I guess we can conclude that it most likely will not be physical darkness anyway.

Anelis, your post brought to my mind this vision previosly approved and posted on the other site.

On the night of 2/25 while praying I had this vision. It was like I was traveling through space with stars all around me through like a tunnel. I did this for awhile like I was going far away and then I saw light ahead in the direction I was traveling. But then a large dark circle came and slowly covered up the light. At first I could still see some light and stars but then I could see nothing but total darkness. Then I felt the Lord spoke to my heart to fear not, for He was with me.

Abide in Him Annesllis. He will protect you.

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

I have to agree with David R. on that. Most of this idea of "3 days of darkness" has come from people with no credibility. It's fear mongering in my opinion. The problem I have with these types of "dreams" and "visions" is that they lead people astray, instill fear in the body of Christ and are unscriptural. When any of us puts something out there for all to see, we had better make certain it is from the Lord. I wouldn't want to be held accountable for that.

This "three days of darkness" talk reached my mom's ears months ago, by some lady or ladies on a Catholic bus trip to Fátima or something like this that my mom took at the time. I don't remember all the details, but I remember her telling me that allegedly during those three days demons would come to people's doors disguised as family members and/or friends, asking to come into people's homes. Fear mongering may be right.

This was actually a few weeks into me starting to get into watching, and it surprised me because I don't think my mom ever really believed that we would be living in the end times anytime soon, neither had I actually really spoken to her about it, and with this I thought maybe the Lord was starting to nudge her into waking up as He had done with me. Well, at least I think it urged her to be more attentive to seeking the Lord. But I don't know if she still believes we are in the end times or not. I don't remember her talking to me about it any other time, and I don't really talk to her about it either. I will if the Lord ever urges me to do so, but while the Catholic Church has her ensnared in its false doctrines I don't think I can do much other than pray.

BrotherJohn, I know what you are saying and know many (including some family) who are still ensnared by the Fatima visions/Marian doctrine. When I stopped to think about it, what you said rings a bell about the 3 days of darkness. Wasn't that one of the messages in one of the "visions"? And why would Mary tell us to pray to her Son? Shouldn't we all know that? The RCC sees her as the mediator (along with "Saints") as the road to Jesus.
I know I'm going to make some people angry by that statement cuz I have soooooo many enemies...lol..but through Jesus alone we are able to boldly go before the Throne of God. When He was crucified and our debt was paid in full by Him, the veil in the temple was rent, meaning, we have direct access to God the Father through His only begotten Son.
Prayer is the most powerful thing we can do. It is everything.

Shiloh, I agree with what you wrote. Interesting observation about the veil in the temple having been rent, too. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, as in Scripture:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." John 14:6 (KJV)

The "three days of darkness" weren't in the "secrets." The first secret was a vision of hell, the second was that WWI would end, that a "worse war" would break out and a request of the consecration of Russia to the "Immaculate Heart of Mary." The third secret I'm not even sure what it is, as much of it is speculation.

The whole Fátima (and other) apparitions thing just confuse me now that the Lord showed me the Truth through Scripture, and you know who likes to spread confusion through lies.

I've heard various iterations of this "prophecy" over the years. Almost all of them are in complete contradiction to Scripture. Here's a link to one that I recall hearing the most about. It's the "Three Days of Padre Pio", a Catholic prophecy that was supposed to have been relayed by Christ Himself to Pio. Take it for what it's worth...in other words, not much.

http://www.heaven-speaks.com/padre_pio.html

Thanks, BrotherJohn and kmdickinson....I'm going to check out that link. That's right. I forgot about that second one with Russia and yes, it goes completely against scripture. All of it does as km said. It is so sad how people can be pulled in by this. I'm trying to be like a Berean and search these things out to see if they are true. That's why I don't trust a lot of these dreams and visions many have. I see too many red flags and if I only see one red flag, where it goes against Scripture, I throw the whole thing out. No chewing the meat and spittin' out the bones on those things for me.

Just an informative post:

The most well-known early proponent of the "three days of darkness" myth was Anna Maria Taigi (who died in 1837), who claimed that:

"There shall come over the whole earth an intense darkness lasting three days and three nights. Nothing can be seen, and the air will be laden with pestilence which will claim mainly, but not only, the enemies of religion. It will be impossible to use any man-made lighting during this darkness, except blessed candles. He, who out of curiosity, opens his window to look out, or leaves his home, will fall dead on the spot. During these three days, people should remain in their homes, pray the Rosary and beg God for mercy. All the enemies of the Church, whether known or unknown, will perish over the whole earth during that universal darkness, with the exception of a few whom God will soon convert. The air shall be infected by demons who will appear under all sorts of hideous forms."

- Anna Maria Taigi, 'Private Prophecies' (Rome, 1863).

...there is nothing Scriptural whatsoever about this belief. It is entirely unsupported in Scripture, and should be treated as such.

Thanks for your answers. I guess that some kind of spiritual darkness could occur, that will eventually show the unbelievers about God and Jesus through miracles etc.

Every enemy of the Church would perish during those three days? So I guess there'd be no need for the seven-year Tribulation and the Second Coming?

We are told that we will not know the day or the hour of The Rapture .
That is all we are told in The Bible .
We could know the year , even the month .
Nuclear attacks in cities in our country would also give "heads up " to The Rapture . A huge EQ somewhere , for instance a 9.0 on the New Madrid Fault , would heads up for The Rapture .
A flood somewhere that is worst than we could imagine could heads up for The Rapture .
A sinkhole the size of Fort Worth could heads up for The Rapture .

Yes I saw that

I also think that is what will happen just before the rapture and that the miracles that will happen then with us believers (that we are unharmed etc) will show God’s glory to the unbelievers.

He, who out of curiosity, opens his window to look out, or leaves his home, will fall dead on the spot. During these three days, people should remain in their homes, pray the Rosary and beg God for mercy.

and what about those faithful who do not believe in the rosary or are not at home when this 'darkness' strikes? . . repetitive prayers Jesus has made known displeases Him . . Our Lord has said He alone is the Mediator to the Father, our great High priest and no Other~

like Benjamin said: there's nothing about this that's scriptural ~

Donna:
"and what about those faithful who do not believe in the rosary or are not at home when this 'darkness' strikes?"

Amen, Donna. What if someone's at Walmart? Sorry, I couldn't help myself on that one, but the warning itself sounds very unlike our Lord and there's a lot of "Hail Mary's" on the rosary with an occasional "Our Father" interjected after every 10 beads. May God forgive whomever instilled fear into people who cannot discern yet.

Shiloh
It is so sad how people can be pulled in by this. I'm trying to be like a Berean and search these things out to see if they are true. That's why I don't trust a lot of these dreams and visions many have. I see too many red flags and if I only see one red flag, where it goes against Scripture, I throw the whole thing out. No chewing the meat and spittin' out the bones on those things for me.
i'm with you, Shiloh. Too many Christians put a lot of stock, and I would even say "faith" into these self-proclaimed prophets and their dreams and visions. I have in-laws who hang on the words of these Internet prophets, as if they ARE the word of God. And so much of what they preach is from a spirit of fear. Fear that you can lose your Salvation, if you aren't walking in holiness. Of course, they claim visions of Heaven and Hell, where they are shown these things. I also notice how many excuses are made when their "prophecies" don't come to pass. "the Lord stayed His hand because of all our prayers..." Uh-huh. Pardon my skepticism.

It grieves me. It just does.

Shellayne. I agree with you. If I put stock into every dream or vision I have read I would be a complete basket case by now. Most of them are unsciptural and these Heaven and Hell experience I am very cautious of too. There was one that I read (out of many)that was a heaven experiennce where he said very little and said, "That's all I know". but he didn't go into any detail. I believed that one and it was short. Most of the dreams and visions instill fear and are unscriptural. Where is our discernment? What does this do to the baby Christian who just began walking with the Lord? If I take all of these and cling to them as gospel truth, have I searched the Word? Can I rest in Christ?
Most of all, how am I to reconcile these visits with 1 Corinthians 2:9?

However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him--

Shiloh
Shellayne. I agree with you. If I put stock into every dream or vision I have read I would be a complete basket case by now. Most of them are unsciptural and these Heaven and Hell experience I am very cautious of too. There was one that I read (out of many)that was a heaven experiennce where he said very little and said, "That's all I know". but he didn't go into any detail. I believed that one and it was short. Most of the dreams and visions instill fear and are unscriptural. Where is our discernment? What does this do to the baby Christian who just began walking with the Lord? If I take all of these and cling to them as gospel truth, have I searched the Word? Can I rest in Christ?
Most of all, how am I to reconcile these visits with 1 Corinthians 2:9?
What I find most disconcerting is when one becomes defensive when they are questioned about this person they are watching or listening to. It is as if they are personally offended when you have sincere questions or concerns about this person's visions/dreams/visits, etc. Hoo boy. And if it came from a child?... I have had people treat me with disgust for daring to question it. As if the enemy wouldn't use a child.... **sigh**

There is definitely a lack of discernment among some of our siblings. As I said to my niece (part of the "Lose your salvation if you don't do x,y,z" crowd), "Where is your freedom in Christ when you are constantly worrying you may trip up somehow? How do you know when you've done 'good enough'? And how is this resting in Him and His promises?"

We are always safe standing on the Word of God.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com