Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with prophesy scripture...

The article below was in AmyVG's news updates.

The only thing I'm going off of here is the Left Behind series when the scientist (can't remember his name) develops the key for eliminating famine (memory struggling with specs here).

What is the biblical backing for that? Was that biblical? If it was, that makes the following article very important.

Thoughts??

Fair use for educational and discussion purposes

Israeli scientists offer solution to famine

An Israeli team of scientists has developed a new technology which may enable crops to weather draughts worldwide, thus minimizing famine and strife.

The team, led by Professor Shimon Gepstein, chancellor of the Kinneret College, genetically engineered a plant that can withstand draughts by "freezing itself" after not receiving water for a certain period of time, and then "returning to life" after the water supply is renewed, and this without incurring any damage to the plant’s physical structure

The finding was discovered by chance while running experiments on prolonging plants’ longevity and the shelf-life of vegetables. Experimenting on tobacco leaves, the scientists were able to develop a plant that lives twice as long as the average tobacco plant, providing flowers and fruits long after the regular plants have withered and died.

more: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4427997,00.html

Re: Help with prophesy scripture...

The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. Isaiah 35:1

I'm thinking the Left Behind scene was based upon something like this verse. Of course, that will be fully realized only in the Millennium, although Israeli technology has been successful in making the most of what was a barren land for many years. Israel is now a leading exporter of fruits, flowers, and vegetables. It is also notable that the weather patterns have shifted since the return of the Jews to the land.

The fictional scenario attempts to explain why Israel becomes the focus of so much attention in the latter days, such as why it is asked in Ezekiel 38 if Gog and Magog have "come to take a spoil."

Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? Ezekiel 38:13

The novel assumes a change in Israel's status with the world which forces it to treat her with more respect during the Tribulation, at least, until the Abomination of Desolation is set up. Agriculture is used as a medium in the novel to illustrate that new relationship. I'm not sure that's how things will really play out, though.

Thanks David R. My thoughts are the 'spoils' are the recently discovered oil and gas. Sure did raise my eyebrows though. See...I looked like this:

Agreed - I'd suggest that the spoils are indeed gas & oil.
For a point of reference, this PITN clip refers to a prophecy stemming from Deuteronomy 33:24:

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com