<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Computers Are Persecuting Me--Only One With This Problem At Library-REALLY?!!

I seem to be the only person at the library that has approached the librarians with this type of problem-here it is in my own low tech wording!

Whenever I want to get off a website I and everyone else we can do two of these options either press the GO Back arrow up at the left on the website or click the X in the upper right hand corner to exit the website altogether--it seems funny that whenever I cannot Go Back using the Arrow key to go back a page-which should take you to the former website you were on-I then have to use the X in the upper right corner to push with the mouse-and guess what?

I always end up back at the start of the computer screen where I have to enter again and start the whole process all over again!!

Have any of you had this other problem where you have visited other websites and when you seek to go back to the first page-in my case Rita --it never goes back to that page-I have to type it in again-but the other pages always appear when I push the Back Page Arrow---Why is it only when I want to go back to Rita that it does not keep that page in the computers roll-a-dex file--the computer doesn't even correct me on the spelling of this word roll-a-dex!! Stupid computer-where is spell check when you need it!

I am wondering if Google and all these other web search engines are keeping tabs on all us christian watchers out there---they know who we are and I think they are keeping us frustrated by making our computer experience chaotic and full of snares and smoke and glass mirrors---I Tot I saw a Putty Tat!! I did! I Did!! I did Taw A Putty TAT!!! Hee! Hee!

Re: Computers Are Persecuting Me--Only One With This Problem At Library-REALLY?!!

Well, could be. I use Safari so don't have any problems. Maybe we should pray so you will have a laptop and can got to a wifi hotspot and get you and Scarby some treats while you post!

Re: Computers Are Persecuting Me--Only One With This Problem At Library-REALLY?!!

Amazing Scott ...this has been happening to me for a month now ...I always have to Re-enter the web ....
Nothing works as it always has .
Praying for you now .
bb

I don't know your browser but I'll see what I can do to help.
Do you have an address bar? In IE, you can right click near the top of the browser window to get another menu and then choose "menu" bar. That will give you a lot more tools and options. If this doesn't help or do what you want, post more details...

Scott, try this: When you want to check out another link, right-click on the link with your mouse button. It will open up a context sensitive menu. One of those choices should be "Open link in new tab," or something similar. Click on that and you will have both the original page handy and the page you just opened. You can then close out any pages you're finished with and still have RITA handy.

Thanks David R--I think that might be the trick! Right clicking!! I had someone else suggest that at the Library--thanks also you other Ritans--just offering help is a sign you care!!!---Post me a line and I will meet you halfway there-give me a clue and I will take it from here to there-if we don't leave soon I will meet you in the air! I just felt like rhyming some things-it's a brain exercise for my age!! Hee! Hee!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com