Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Just need to talk

Some of you may remember the post I wrote about my church using the bar code method to track attendance for small groups and how uncomfortable it made me. There were other issues as well and the Lord has showed me I need to find somewhere else to go. The church has dress code guidelines for the praise team that are not enforced. It involves the women as you can probably guess.
I have been in the choir so I know what they are, when I wrote the lady in charge of the sopranos all I got was a politically correct response that I just needed to step back and find somewhere else to work. She said "we all have different callings and musings"and " it just sounds like the choir is not for you right now". I am a singer, I don't just carry a tune and you are supposed to be in the choir for a while before they let you on the praise team. While dealing with all this I called a well known ministry for prayer and they wanted my address first to put me on their mailing list before asking what my need was! I didn't give it to them, then all I got was a canned prayer. Also this church has a lot of resources but has a concession stand in the youth meetings, I discovered this after my son went the first time. Imagine how I felt after hearing in choir practice that we had just got some new hot rod recording system! The good thing is I have heard from God for myself and even if our time here is short I appreciate our loving Father settling this for me. It was by a dream, and I had the dream before the lady from choir wrote me back. I did not just drop it however and wrote her back concerning the fact she did not address either issue I had. I do not know if I will hear back from her. . I went somewhere Sunday but we have moved a lot and there was an issue at this same place before so I don't want to waste gas or my time looking for a church but wait on God to show me. I live close to a large metropolitan area so I don't just have three to choose from! . Sigh, just am alone right now and glad for the heart felt love at RITA.
Blessings friends,
Mom of 2

Re: Just need to talk

Wow! They track you with barcodes? That's crazy! Why do they need that info?

I would send the Pastor a nice letter regarding how there is supposed to be a "Christian" dresscode enforced and that you addressed it with the head of this group and was told to leave if you didn't like that it wasn't enforced. It sounds to me like this woman needs to be given the boot. That's pretty rude.

Seek God for guidance. God bless you!

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

I know the feeling of frustration at trying to find a church. I have had some very interesting experiences in finding churches, & you are right - if you pray & ask Him to, God WILL bring you to the right church for you. He has a sense of humor about this too - at least that's been my experience.

by the way, I've been 'lurking' for quite some time, but just had to post on this one.

God is Love, thanks for responding. I would go further with this but after talking to the pastor about another issue and being told I have no right to judge, I don't think it would matter.

Julie,
Welcome to RITA! You sound like me I lurked and finally posted when I just had to share. Thank you for your encouragement.

Mom of 2,

I totally agree with Julie, God will guide your path and lead you to the right church.
You did well in leaving that other church for there is no fruit there.

I will keep you in prayer for the Lord to lead you to the church that will bless you and follow God's ways and teachings.

God bless you,
AngelWings7

Julie,

Welcome to RITAN and I am so glad that you decided to fellowship with us today.

I look forward to your future posts.

God bless you,
AngelWings7

Julie, welcome to the Ritan family.

One of the things I have learned is we each need to be where we grow spiritually. If you are not there in spite of persistently doing your best to grow there, perhaps it is time to find a different field to grow in. If it were me, and it has been in the past, I would look for a Bible Church or a Calvary Chapel church starting at my location on Google maps, and working my way outward. At least at those churches you should be taught the Bible. Open up the various websites associated with those churches and listen to some of the teachings online to see if your spirit is quickened. If the teaching is good, go there to see if you can worship with them. Should the Lord tarry sufficiently.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

Thank you TX Thom, I have actually thought about a Calvary Chapel and visited one Sunday. Went to one before and like that they have a box outside of the sanctuary for offerings among other things.

Mom of 2, I'm praying that the Lord will direct you to the church where He wants you.

I agree about writing the pastor a short note. A good manager (and that's one of a pastor's jobs) not only needs but wants to know what's really going on.

I wouldn't like the impersonal barcode stuff either. (Though I can understand the use of barcodes for security in childcare situations: so that someone doesn't end up kidnapping a child.)
===

Julie, welcome to RITA!

Thank you also,Angel Wings and Perian!
They use the bar code for adult attendance in small groups as well as the children. My 12 year old had to sign in at a computer kiosk but it had nothing to do with safety as they just let them go after the meeting.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com