Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Transcript of Pastor JD Farag’s Sept. 15, 2013 Mid-East Prophecy Update

JD Farag’s Mid-East Prophecy Update
Sunday, September 15, 2013
Calvary Chapel Kaneohe, Hawaii

[This is the word-for-word transcript (the looong version). I post these as soon as they’re ready, which is generally Monday night.]
===

Okay. For today’s Update, I’m going to ask you to be patient with me. You are patient with me anyway, but I really need your patience today, because I’m going to try to sort through and make sense of the astonishing developments concerning Syria this last week. I mean, I would venture to say that for those of you who have been following what’s been happening, your head is probably spinning as fast as mine is.

For the benefit of those who may not have been following the events of last week -- which are kind of breaking seemingly by the hour, even up to this morning when I got up -- and just the breaking news that Secretary of State John Kerry is in Jerusalem meeting with Netanyahu to -- **air quotes** -- sell him on Russia’s plan.

**sighs** Sorry. Bear with me, I’m going to bring you up to speed inasmuch as I’m able. I’ll move as fast as I can.

We’ll start with Monday, September 9th. This was clearly a rhetorical gaffe -- if I can say it that way -- on the part of Secretary of State John Kerry when he was in a press conference in London. He was responding to a question by one reporter asking, “Is there anything on the table that could avert a military strike?”

Now I want to read for you the quote from John Kerry in response to this question. This is what started everything last week. Listen to what he said:

“Sure. He” -- speaking of Assad -- “could turn over every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community in the next week. Turn it over, all of it, without delay, and allow a full and total accounting for that. But he isn’t about to do it -- and it can’t be done, obviously.”

That was his answer. **laughs briefly**

Well apparently Russia and Syria did not get the memo about how this couldn’t be done, because they were quick to grab onto it and say, “Hey! Okay! Sold! Where do we sign?”

It ... can ... be done. And they took it and they ran with it.

And then -- this was just stunning -- Kerry, in response to Russia and Iran grabbing ahold of his rhetorical response, said-- Well, he suggested that he had been negotiating with his Russian counterpart all along concerning this.

**shakes his head** Wow.

It gets better: Tuesday, September 10th, the President of the United States addressed the nation as to whether or not the United States would strike Syria. And if so, would it be an unbelievably small pinprick -- though “the U.S. military doesn’t do pinprick [strike]s.” You know, unbelievably small, and you know, so--

The Wall Street Journal had an interesting article in response to the President’s address. It was published with the headline reading, “Obama Holds Fire on Syria, Waits on Russian Plan.” Now here’s some of what they reported:

[Graphic gives Tuesday, September 10 as the date of the article. It can be found here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324549004579067002690675662.html ]

“President Barack Obama told Americans Tuesday he would pursue a newly energized diplomatic course to try to resolve the standoff with Syria.... Mr. Obama said in a televised address that he asked Congress to postpone a vote on a resolution to authorize military force, which he looked likely to lose. Instead he said he would reserve the option of military strikes while pursuing a Russian proposal for Syria to hand over its chemical weapons under an international agreement.”

Okay. Well, that was Tuesday.

That brought us to Wednesday, the twelfth anniversary of that somber day on 9/11 in 2001. However, it seems that the headlines on 9/11 were blanketed with Vladimir Putin and his Russia peace plan concerning Syria instead. Let me just read you a few of these headlines:

“Russia shows U.S. its plan for Syrian chemical weapons.”

“Russian proposal could offer Obama escape from bind.”

“Putin’s proposal: serious diplomacy or just making trouble?”

“Putin sets new condition on Syrian chemical weapons plan.”

That’s what ensued, by the way, throughout the week. Oh, by the way, yes: we can get Assad to hand over all of his chemical weapons to the international community, and we’ll propose a plan, but there are going to be conditions imposed upon the United States of America in exchange for us doing that. That was the fine print, if you will.

Here’s another one: “Putin:” -- and this is one of them -- “Syria chem arms handover will work only if U.S. calls off strike.”

This one: “White House puts Syria onus on Putin after Russian President pressures U.S. in taking lead in Syria talks.”

“Russia works to preserve Assad regime.” And we know why, don’t we?

“Privately, UN talks begin on Syria chemical arms.”

And lastly, “Russia” -- isn’t this interesting! -- to sell Iran anti-aircraft system, nuclear reactor.”

Re: Transcript of Pastor JD Farag’s Sept. 15, 2013 Mid-East Prophecy Update

That was Wednesday. That was hump day. **laughs, with his fingers on his forehead** I just brought a camel walking through an office into your--

Call me silly and simple, but -- I love that commercial. And it’s not only because I’m an Arab, you know, but -- I just -- there’s something brilliant about that commercial, isn’t there? **plaintively** Is that -- is that wrong? **laughs**

I’m sorry, but -- “Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike! Aw, come on: I know you can hear me!” **laughs**

[This is Geico’s Hump Day camel commercial, which can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBhP0EQ1lA ]

Okay. All right. Well, back to our Prophecy Update. **laughs again, and covers his face with his hands**

Thursday, September 12th, we wake to the news that Putin had something to say directly to the American people! About ... Syria! And if you can believe this, -- I mean, this is -- it just keeps getting better! It was published on -- actually 9/11 in the New York Times.

And here is the title of it: “A Plea for Caution From Russia: What Putin Has to Say to Americans About Syria, By Vladimir V. Putin.”

[ The article can be found here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 ]

Now listen to what the Russian President has to say to us as Americans. Are you ready?

“Recent events surrounding Syria have prompted me to speak directly to the American people and their political leaders. It is impossible [NYT says “important”] to do so at a time of insufficient communication between our societies....

“The potential strike by the United States against Syria, despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the pope--”

Did you hear the news out of the Vatican this last week? This pope, this new pope, you know what he said last week? Well, basically, you don’t have to ... know Jesus in order to get to Heaven. You don’t have to ... I don’t know the exact quote. I actually don’t want to know the exact quote, because to me it comes from the pit of Hell. So I guess Putin, though, wants to include the Pope in his dissertation.

He goes on to say it “will result in more innocent victims and escalation, potentially spreading the conflict far beyond Syria’s borders.”

Listen to this: he goes on to write, “I carefully studied his address” -- speaking of the President -- “to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is ‘what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.’” quoting Obama.

Putin says, “It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but” -- listen! -- “when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.”

**sighs** This is just Thursday.

Friday -- it shouldn’t probably come as any surprise when it’s reported that Russia, in a demonstration of sorts of their own supposed Russian exceptionalism, expands their Mediterranean fleet to ten warships. And then this morning -- and by the way, I’m only kind of skimming the surface here. There’s so much underneath and in with all of this that time does not permit.

Yesterday, Saturday -- actually it was scheduled for today, and it’s already Sunday night in Israel: it’s 9:15 p.m., Israel time. But the Times of Israel was reporting on this meeting between John Kerry and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu concerning the Syria proposal that’s on the table. And it was really interesting: let me just read you this quote from the Times of Israel. It says:

“Netanyahu is extremely wary of the unfolding diplomatic framework, and concerned that Assad is bent on buying time and that the optimistic timetable set out in Saturday’s agreement will not be adhered to.”

Okay. A couple of thoughts, the first of which is: with each passing day, this is starting to smell a lot more -- more and more -- like the prophecy in Ezekiel 38 and 39. And the reason is that at best, it’s very ambiguous in verse 13 of Ezekiel 38. Now stay with me, please!

In verse 13 of Ezekiel 38, it says that there will be three nations that will protest this Russian-Iranian allied attack against Israel, for the purpose of taking a spoil. And you have listed there Sheba and Dedan. You have listed Tarshish and her young lions. Now please know that I am not dogmatic about this, but there is the possibility, as some would suggest, that the “young lions” of Tarshish may be a very nebulous reference to the United States of America. And here’s how they get there:

Tarshish: if it is the UK, it would fit with their national symbol being the lion -- like with the United States it’s the bald eagle. So we are a young lion from Britain, the English. We are a young country, the United States is a young lion, if you prefer. So it could be referring to the Untied States of America.

Who’s Sheba and Dedan? Saudi Arabia, clearly. Without question that is modern-day Saudi Arabia.

So check this out; you have Russia, Iran, Libya; you have Ethiopia (which would include the Sudan); you have Turkey. You have this alliance of nations that are even now postured on the side with Russia and Iran for Assad in Syria.

Who’s on the other side? **holding up fingers** Saudi Arabia, the UK -- though not supporting militarily an intervention, and the United States.

It does kind of, sort of, possibly, maybe.... That’s pretty ambiguous, isn’t it? It kind of fits a little bit, doesn’t it? It could be.

So what’s my point? Well, my point is that it’s already shaping up. Ezekiel 38 is already beginning to come to pass. The stage is being set, the players are in place, and all they’re waiting for is the green light to go.

But they can’t get that green light until something else happens first: namely Isaiah 17. And with it, Psalm 83.

Now I know that I’m going to maybe oversimplify this, but I trust that you know what these prophecies -- in Isaiah 17 concerning Damascus, and in Psalm 83 concerning the surrounding neighbors -- is about, but not one of them in Isaiah 17 (Syria) and Psalm 83 are mentioned in Ezekiel 38.

Which leads me to believe that something must happen: i.e. the fulfillment of Isaiah 17 (the destruction of Damascus) and the fulfilling of the Psalm 83 prophecy. That’s the only thing that would explain their absence from Ezekiel 38.

So in other words, if we’re already seeing Ezekiel 38 beginning to come to fruition, and everything is lining up seemingly perfectly in place, and the Syria prophecy and destruction has to happen first (and with it Psalm 83) -- then I ask, How close are we? How close are we?

Here’s a second thought: I’m having considerable difficulty not seeing the enormous leadership vacuum that’s being created on the geopolitical landscape. Who would have ever imagined that the once-most powerful nation on Earth, the United States of America, whom once God had blessed so richly and abundantly -- until we turned our backs on God--

Which by the way is the explanation for why it is that the United States of America is basically imploding. We turned our backs on God. We have sinned greatly against God. And so God has removed His hand of blessing. And instead of His hand of blessing on this nation, it’s the heavy hand of God on this once-most powerful nation.

But it’s just mind-boggling, because there’s this huge leadership vacuum that the situation in Syria has not only created but exposed, exacerbated. It’s just made it that much more visible. There’s nobody in the world that is going to take their place on the world stage and command that kind of leadership.

Putin is trying to assert it, but I’m of the belief that the world is being prepared for the final world dictator, who will come on the scene after the Church is removed, and he will take his Satanic place on his demonic throne. And this man, this man of perdition, is the Antichrist.

So again you’re already seeing those ingredients -- **moving his hands as if collecting and shaping something** -- being included in the recipe prophetically. So is it possible then that with Ezekiel 38 shaping up, but Isaiah 17 and Psalm 83 and others with them needing to happen first, and the leadership vacuum in addition to that, in concert with this-- Wouldn’t it stand to reason that -- **pauses** -- this is the beginning of the End?

Now I know there are those who would say, Well, not necessarily.

And I can concur, and I would agree, except one of the things that I’m having difficulty reconciling with respect to this being the beginning of the End -- or not -- is -- **another pause** -- the Syrians are fleeing, like we’re told in Jeremiah.

Just five -- even, really, ten years ago -- the Ezekiel 38 nations weren’t in place yet. And if you fast-forward, I can’t see where they would still be in place even ten years from now. In other words, there’s a shelf life, as I like to call it.

So in other words, if this is the beginning of the End, then what have we got to lose by being prepared?

I know I say this probably every week now, and -- you keep coming back, bless your hearts! And you keep hearng me every week say this, but I would rather be prepared for this being the beginning of the End and have it not be, than not be prepared for this being the beginning of the End, and then have it be.

Now I really need you to hear this and not misunderstand me, because I in no way want to come off as being the one that has this all figured out. You know the scenario, my Prophecy Puzzle that I put together? Please: it’s only a scenario; it’s a possibility. I see it now happening now [sic]; I don’t see it 20 years from now. And everything seems to be coming together.

But there are other prophecy teachers who are more and better versed than I -- **pause** -- that are kind of saying the same thing.

[The Prophecy Puzzle is a frequently-used graphic which shows how several major Old Testament End Times prophecies are connected and interrelated, like the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.]

Thursday night I recommended two of them, two of my favorites, one of which is Joel Rosenberg. (I got a lot of YouTube comments saying, “Can you please put the link on the YouTube video?” So we’ll try to do that.) But last Sunday he was the guest speaker at Topeka Bible Church.

And of course he had just written a book called, Damascus Countdown, a fictional book -- but you know Joel Rosenberg’s “fictional” books, right? **laughs** Quite a track record! But anyway, you can watch this online. You can search it. We’ll put it on our YouTube channel. But it’s discovertbc.com ... “discovertbc” being Topeka Bible Church-dot-com.

[The Joel Rosenberg video can be found here:

http://www.discovertbc.com/services/sunday/sermons/4844-the-mideast-and-the-bible ]

And then also last Sunday on the 8th, one of my other favorites is Amir Tsarfati, who I mentioned also last week. Well, last Sunday he was the guest speaker at David Jeremiah’s church in San Diego. And he went into a little more detail than he did the prior time when he was speaking at Bob Coy’s church in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, about a week and a half earlier.

[Amir Tsarfati’s San Diego speech can be found here:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/74142910 ]

So both of these men are well-versed. They are scholars; they are prophecy teachers. And they have intelligence because of their proximity to key figures in Israel. And so they, in their teaching of these Bible prophecies, sort of weave into the fabric these bits and pieces of intelligence that they have. And to say that it’s fascinating would be a tremendous understatement. I encourage you to watch these videos. Again, we’ll post it on our YouTube channel, which we’ll also have the links on our Facebook pages as well.

I’m going to bring it to a close by sharing with you two things. First, this quote from Sir Isaac Newton. He says, quote:

“About the times of the End, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the prophecies and insist upon their literal interpretation” -- **raises his arm and waves it back and forth** -- “in the midst of much clamor and opposition.”

God has raised up men like Joel Rosenberg, Amir Tsarfati, and others who, I believe, for such a time as this, at the time of the End, to not only turn their attention to the prophecies, but teach them, and teach a literal interpretation of them in the midst of much confusion, much chaos, much clamor, and certainly much opposition.

I can tell you personally that anyone who teaches Bible prophecy needs to count the cost, because you will come under intense opposition and vitriol and attack.

And so-- But: bring it. Bring it. Bring it. I don’t have permission not to.

One last thing -- very interesting! -- I just got this this morning. It’s in the Huffington Post. I really know I’m not alone when the Huffington Post publishes an article based on a survey about how people think it’s the beginning of the End. You know you’re in good company -- maybe not good company, but you’re in a lot more company.

Listen to this (the title of the report): “Syria Conflict Indicates Armageddon, Say One Third Of Americans” in survey.

One-third of Americans? Really? That’s ... quite a bit! Someone do the math: 300 million: what’s 33% of 300 million? My hair hurts just trying to think about that number, but-- **congregation laughs**

Let me just read for you an excerpt, and then we’ll get into our study in Romans.

“Most things aren't really the end of the world, but one-third of Americans who were surveyed believe that the Syria conflict is an indication that our days are numbered. A biblical passage which prophesies the destruction of Damascus and links it to the coming of Armageddon” -- speaking of Isaiah 17! -- “is leading many people to think that the current violence is an apocalyptic omen.”

[The article can be found here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/14/syria-conflict-armageddon_n_3923123.html ]

“A LifeWay Research poll asked 1,001 people” -- I’d like to know who the ‘1’ was, and the ‘1,000’ -- “if they agreed with the statement, ‘I believe the battles in Syria are all part of the prophecies of the Book of Revelation,’ and 32 percent of them said yes.

“Twenty-six percent agreed with the assertion that ‘U.S. military intervention in Syria might lead to the Battle of Armageddon that’s spoken about in the Book of Revelation.’”

This is interesting: “Gender played a role in responses.” Sorry, guys! “Women were more likely than men to draw a corollary between Biblical prophecy and the current situation in Syria.”

To which I would respond: It’s no fair: that’s how your brains are wired, ladies. So you know us guys are like, “Huhhhh?” It takes us a little bit longer to get there because of the way our brains are. But apparently women are a little more in tune, and able to connect the dots of Bible prophecy concerning the situation in Syria.

Well, isn’t that interesting?

You know, we have the answer. This is the time. We need to give to every man -- **laughs** -- and woman (the woman sooner, first) -- the answer of that hope that lies within us.

People are asking questions. They know there’s something more to this, and their hearts are failing them for fear. Many people are very fearful about what’s going on in the world today, and they’re looking for answers.

And I think that’s where we come in. I really believe that God will bring people into our path throughout the week: co-workers, neighbors, friends, family members. And we need to -- graciously -- give them the answer that they seek. Because the time is at hand.

If a third of the population of the United States of America is connecting these dots -- and I think we know that a third of the population of this nation are not born-again Christians -- what does that tell you? Do that math.

That tells me that there’s a large percentage of people that are asking questions concerning what’s happening in the Middle East. **emphatically** And we have that answer. Let’s give it to them.

Let’s pray.

Father, thank You.

Thank You for the prophecy in Your Word. Thank You for informing us and alerting us to what the world would look like at the time of the End. Truly the world is looking like the description we have in the pages of Holy Writ, and thus we conclude that it’s the time of the End.

Now, Lord, we need to take it to the next step. Would You enable us, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to do just that? Would You embolden us, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to not only give to every man an answer, but moreover, to share with every man who will hear the Gospel.

Lord, forgive us for our fearfulness when it comes to sharing the Gospel, the Good News of salvation found only in Jesus Christ, with others. Lord, would You in that moment that You bring that person into our path, give us the words to speak, that You might reach them and touch their heart, and be allowed into their heart, that they might pass from death unto life.

Lord, we’re asking You for this in Jesus’s Name. Amen.

And here's the video for those who prefer video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwXAwxoiuY&list=UUkz3m787ygph7Uvjxzngl-g&feature=player_detailpage

And a link to the video discussion thread:
I haven’t seen one yet.

And Pastor JD's sermon notes (otherwise known as the short version) from Calvary Chapel Kaneohe:
http://www.calvarychapelkaneohe.com/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermon&id=10884 rophecy-update-2013-09-15&Itemid=

At the link above, you can also find a downloadable audio file (at the bottom of the page on the left).

Dear Perian,

God bless you for all that you do for us here on RITAN when posting these updates...

Yes, thank you berry much!!!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com