Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
persecution

Dear Ritan,
I need urgent prayer.I am being attacked by the enemy tonight.I went up to go to bed and my husband told me that I was never to mention"the rapture"or anything like that in front of my kids.I have always told my kids that the Lord was coming back but I do not scare them.He started saying that Im scaring them(not the truth)and he would take me to court etc...He told me he would give me no more money for bills(Im a stay at home Mom)...he was screaming and giving me ultimatums etc.He said I need to be more concerned about having a new car and making money etc...when I tell him that the Lord is coming he laughs and calls me crazy and scoffs at me.To be honest I have been in an emotionally abusive marriage for 13 years and I want to leave but figured the Lord would be coming soon so I stayed put.I just really need your prayers.He really upset my kids and made them question what I have told them about God.Lord please come soon!

Re: persecution

My dear sweet Rosesinsept,

I am so sorry that you have to be subjected to this emotional abuse.
Jesus, warned us that we would be persecuted for following him and believing and standing up for the Word of God and the Devil is a Liar!
I will be lifting you and your husband in prayer tonight.

God sees and knows what you are going through for his sake and you will be honored and blessed because of it.

I give you so much credit for standing up for Jesus Christ and what you believe is true.

You are truly courageous and you have persevered all these years in standing for your faith despite the odds.

Unfortunately, your husband needs a wake-up call and needs serious prayer and to repent for his behavior.

My heart goes out to you my dear sister. God is with you and will protect you from the enemies attacks because time is near for us to go up to Heaven in the Clouds.

God bless you sis,
Hugs and Love your way,

AngelWings7

WE WILL BE GOING HOME SOON!

Rosesinsept,

I can relate to this similar situation. I encourage u not to be afraid of his threatening, and do not waver ur faith in Jesus Christ. If he take u to the court, let him do that as God is with u and who can against u as God is with u! Just keep praying for him.and keep strong and be firm in Jesus Christ. As God will provide u with financial etc.

It reminds me that my husband always pressured on me to find a full time so we can have better vehicle, better budget etc and want have a good life for kids and their future. As for me I kept trusting in God that he will continue provide me with financial etc for last 3 years I was working as part time. He begged me to find full time for a while but the door has been closed for a while and I was just waiting on the Lord to lead me. And I just kept looking for jobs but none of them contact me. Until I got full tiMe at my currently job from being part time to full time. So now he back off not bug me to find full time job. I understand what u going through it is not easy go through, I went through verbal abusive and emotional abusive. As I didn't give up praying for him. Even though it is painful but it is by God s grace that He gave me strength go through this.

So, I encourage u to ask Him if u should find a job or not. I trust in God that he will answer ur prayer. I encourage u not to be afraid of his threatening. I pray that God will give u strength to endure it. Don't ever give up holding on to Jesus and just continue pray for him and continue to bless him if he curse u just continue bless him.

Give u big hugs. ((((rosesinsept))))

Fm12

Roses, I don't know anything about a situation like yours, but the Lord does, so I will pray for you.

It might be a good idea to talk to someone -- either at your church or at a women's shelter -- to find out what your options would be in these various scenarios your husband is threatening you with (taking you to court; giving you no money for household expenses). Maybe you would worry less if you knew ahead of time what your options are -- and that what he's threatening is unlikely to happen the way he says it will.

God bless you tonight with wisdom and peace.
Love,
Mom of 2

I'm so sorry, Roses that you're having to go through this. My prayers are with you. You are not alone!

Thank you all for all your wonderful replies.
This is going to prove to be a difficult week...I am going to pray today and ask the Lord what to do about my situation.Please pray for me for finances,my well being and for my kids.
I dont know if the Lord is saying it is time to seperate from my husband.He has a hostile spirit and a non repentant spirit.Please also pray the enemy would not try to assasinate my character.My husband wants to tell people(family,legal people etc)that im crazy.I have always been perfectly sane but he does not agree with my faith in God.Thanks family...I appreciate your prayers!

Praying for you Roses, I am so sorry that you are enduring this road, it is really scary and I understand dear Sis.

Someone once told me that God can make the most beautiful mosaic out of the broken pieces of our lives that, in the end looks more beautiful than it did when it was just plain sheets of glass. Every time I look at stain glass in Church that is what I think of, how beautiful they are especially with the light shining through them - took on a lot of meaning for me.

He will guide your steps, just be still and know that He is God and He knows the beginning from the end. Will be praying and thinking of you and your children today Roses.

Thank you sister that was beautiful......

It might be best not to mention the rapture or the Lord to him anymore. Just pray for him. You can of course speak to your children when he's not around about the Lord. They will be going in the rapture with you regardless.

Thanks RitaMay that sounds like good advice.I think what happened is I talk regularly to my kids about the Lord and I cant help mention that Jesus is coming soon because I am excited about it...then they talk to him because they have questions.The enemy hates this and so I am under attack.My husband treats me like I am his worst enemy and I know it is just spiritual war going on.Thanks for your prayer sister!
!!!!!!

dear roses,
this is very tough. i understand. and you are right to recognize it as a spiritual battle. your husband is in chains by the sound of things.

i have always been advised to never mention anything about God to my husband, as it will only annoy him. but it becomes very hard. just this evening i mentioned that it is strange that the liberal media never seems to speak up against islam. and sharia law, which would not allow women's rights, or open homosexuality or basic freedoms we know in the west. anyway, set off unpleasant atmosphere. tried to stay calm throughout. ended with me saying obama supports muslim brotherhood and he saying of course he doesn't, only if you watch right-wing fundamental christian news..
and that islam isn't all bad. pointless.

it gets harder when you are trying to teach the children the truth. thank God my younger two still have their faith intact. but later, the 13 year old was watching south park with her big sister. i couldn't believe the anti-jewish anti-christian bias, and said so. and also how they portrayed anyone against gay marriage as stupid. but even this set off an argument. about me being bigoted, and to stop going on. sigh.

if i wasn't in the same situation i would tell you to keep keeping the peace. but as someone trying to defend the gospel in an unequally yoked marriage, i have only sympathy for you. what can you do but pray. i will pray for you.
i do agree you don't have to put with the emotional abuse. its a very thin line. jesus said we would be hated for His name's sake. and all you can do is keep turning the other cheek. and standing on His word. praying for you roses. what seems impossible to man, is possible for God. God bless you, and your family. He is with you always.

Roses, FM, Teenqueen, and anyone else in a similar situation, I recommend a book by Patricia Evans on Verbal Abuse (I won't link it because I'm not a doctor and I don't quite know if posting a non-Christian book link is against the rules, but you can find it easily enough on Amazon.com). Anyway, I bought it on a whim because I suspected it... and ended up highlighting and underlining darn near the entire book.

It has given me the strength and ammo (and courage) I need to stand up to treatment like that from the men in our lives. Also, becoming as close to Christ as I possibly can has helped me to "let go" of the fear of my husband leaving me. I know GOD will never leave me, so if my husband chooses to leave, Scripture says to let him go.

This actually gives you the upper hand, when you no longer fear your spouse leaving you, because you're not cowering in the corner any longer. I'm not saying to deliberately start anything with the hubby, but not to walk on eggshells and have self-esteem that you are not what your husband says you are.

On that note, I will pray for you. When your husband is away at work, it might be a good idea to bless every room in the house, bless his things, his clothing, his side of the bed. Get in the habit of praying the *moment* he starts ranting at you. Not cowering prayers, either. The "God, send me warrior angels!" kind of prayers. The "don't tussle with me, Satan!" kind of prayers.

If hubby makes you choose, choose JESUS. No matter what happens, no matter the battle, no matter how ugly it gets, choose JESUS. JESUS JESUS JESUS. If your husband will one day kneel to the King of Glory, choose the One above him. Also, I, too, would not try to "convince" anyone about talking of Jesus and His return all the time. Live the Gospel through your life and be an example to your family. Evangelizing isn't just about hitting people over the head with Jesus. In fact, if we mention Him too much, we actually harden hearts rather than soften them.

So be an example to your family. Pray to Christ for His peace to preserve the hearts and minds of your children (Phil. 4:7), and "go to war" for your family. Don't lie down and take it. Prayer is powerful. If you have a respite from hubby while he's at work, use it to your advantage for PRAYER and STUDY.

Also, if your hubby isn't a believer (doesn't sound like it), then YOU are the spiritual head over the household. Therefore, declare out loud that the enemy is not allowed to get to your children - that they have to come through YOU. Don't be afraid of this, get riled up. Think about demons toying with their minds. That's what they're doing giving them doubts about Jesus. Doesn't that bring out the "Mama Bear" in you? It sure does for me. So declare they are NOT ALLOWED to attack or touch your children. They must go through you. Demons are very legalistic and they cannot do something when authority has been given.

Remember, our fight is not against flesh and blood, therefore I very much believe this is a spiritual battle in your home. So regularly ask for your house to be filled with singing angels, with the Spirit of God, with the Peace of Christ, with the Grace of the Father. The enemy cannot stick around where God dwells. Your husband may leave because of it. My advice to you is to get so intimate with Christ that it's not even a blip on your radar if he does leave (Luke 14:26). Fall so in LOVE with JESUS that He is your Greater Husband and you can face anything with Christ before and beside you.

And if hubby EVER hits you, GET OUT. Leave immediately. There is no such thing as "staying for good of the kids" if the environment is toxic. I'm a SAHM too. It would be hard for me if I had to get back out into the workforce as well. But praise the Lord, Christ is with me. It would be hard, but I could do it. And the court favors mothers. He'd have to defame you to do any real damage there. But consider this - you don't destroy the one you love. Remember that. Remember that. It might make things easier for you whatever you decide.

~~Becka

P.S., Also, it might be a good idea to declare (in prayer) that you're no longer going to put up with hubby's tirades. After reading the book I mentioned above, I declared it in prayer. Hubby hasn't had nearly as many rants as he did previously. I seriously believe these rants are spiritual warfare.

Teen Queen and Becka
Thank you so much for the advice.I have to write tommorrow but God bless you for the advice and wonderful annointed posts!Love you all hugs!!!!!
glitter birds photo: birds doves.gif

TeenQueen and Becka,
Thank you for your posts.I wont make this long because I know this a rapture forum and not a marriage forum(sorry mods!)My husband is extremely controlling and I have read that book(thanks Becka)...the latest tactic the enemy threw at me this week is:My husband has threatened me to get a job in one week time...the devil knows I always loved being a sahm and being here for my kids when they are sick and taking them to the bus stop etc.and taking care of our home.Now,my husband is hostile and telling me to work.I have been out of the workforce for 13 years!So my husband is telling me"I am not giving you any money anymore"..Im not scared because I have the Lord to help me.
The sad thing is my husband has worn me down over all these years and he has no
love,no compassion and no empathy at all.Im just plain tired and sick.I have been so elated about the rapture and the devil is trying to steal my last days of joy
by using my husband to persecute me.I am fasting and praying today...for a solution to my problem.I will always choose Jesus first!Thank you sisters.Keep me in your prayers

dear roses,
this was not how God planned it for us.
but we fall so desperately short.

i have started to pray for the grace to accept and love my husband just as he is, instead of praying for his conversion. somehow it helps.
'Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding... in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will direct your paths' proverbs 3.5-6

praying for you, and mostly your peace in the Lord. that no one else can give.

I pray that the Lord will validate you and your preaching in a very big and blessed way, with your children, so that your husband will be amazed and be more open to the wonders of God.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

Dear Roses,
Just thinking about you & your children.
Many, Many, Many prayers are going up for you from our
Family. Please keep us posted when you can.
Much love to you, Sister&I pray ALL is as it should be according to God & the
Power of His word!
In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen & Amen!!

Thank you so much Patti....and tr and all!I will post tomorrow because I'm not too good on my phone here.hugs!

Roses:

That must a hard thing to deal with. It's one thing to expect persecution from the world, but another thing entirely to get it from your spouse.

Here's a verse that was on my heart to share with you. . . Your husband, although an unbeliever, is still saved through the sanctity of your marriage, or covenant with God.

1 Cor. 7:14- For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

I hope that gives you some measure of faith and hope for your husband. I've prayed for you tonight, and hope that things get better soon. God bless you.

I just wanted to thank everyone for praying.Please continue to pray against the attacks of the enemy.Also pray my husband would wake up out of his slumber right now.Thank you for the scripture verses too.Right at this moment the enemy has backed off a bit but Im still in a battle.Right now it is hard for me because my husband does not love me as God has commanded him to do.Please pray for my husband.He doesnt show normal emotions such as guilt,empathy,and remorse...this is what troubles me the most.
Please continue to pray for my family.God bless all of you.Roses
purple rose photo: purple rose purple-rose.jpg

Roses, praying for you and your situation. Pray and ask God what you are to do. You may not feel afraid by all your rapture talk
but your children may be frightened. You have made it clear to them all what you believe. Just give them love.
Perhaps your spouse is resentful. He sounds angry. It sounds like he feels you should be taking some responsibility for helping bring some income in to the home. In his mind he believes you sit around imagining all these fairytales and you are trying to make your children believe them. Maybe getting a job would be good for you. It would give you the opportunity to be around others as well as understanding how he may feel when he comes home from work. It would also give your family some income and you some training and independence in the event you decide to leave the marriage.

Someone posted that your unbelieving spouse is saved through your
marriage. I thought that for many years as well but finally concluded that can't be true.
It has to mean they are set apart and blessed by your belief, otherwise it makes
the believer the "savior" of the non-believer and we know the ONLY way of salvation is
the Lord Yeshua. Each person has to accept, repent and turn from sin. The blood of a spouse doesn't cover the sins of
the unbelieving spouse.

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

Fair Use for Information and Discussion Purposes

Dear Roses, you said something descriptive about your husband, about his emotions being different than what you would expect as normal. There is something that you may have already known, but I want to bring to remembrance because it is applicable to what you are going through:
Jeremiah 18: 1-10 and John 6:44

These passages instruct on how we are made as clay in the potter's hands. We are all but earth and water, clay made some as vessels for honor and some for dishonour, but we do not make ourselves.
The material we are made from and the crafting of us comes from God. We don't chose our DNA, parents, homes, siblings etc or where we are born into.
The other passage in John is where Jesus says that no man can come to Him unless the Father draws him.

Roses, God is the crafter of your husband or he would not be alive today. Pray that the Father draws him to Jesus. Whether your marriage stays together or no, this man needs Jesus for his salvation and the only hope of peace for him. Pray for the work of the Holy Spirit to be upon your husband as the Spirit was at creation of the world, to cause your husband to be drawn to Jesus. This is a hard thing you are going through, but God allowed these circumstances. There is something to be overcome, something to be learned that God wants or this would not be going on. Satan had to ask permission before Job was harassed by him.

As an aside, sometimes there are other issues such as health that affect people's behaviour. Such as blood sugar, autism spectrum difficulties that are not diagnosed and so unknown to family members except for behavior that is not explainable and so on... God knows. We just pray for the mercy of Almighty God to draw your husband to Jesus, in Jesus name. Amen

Dear GodisLove and Regina,
Thanks for your posts.Alot of things to think about...GIL,I can see you are looking at things through my husband's point of view,I actually have contributed so much to this marriage.I get a certain amount of money for support and I put that towards alot of our bills,plus my husband is not a citizen yet in this country so I take care of all our bills,find him jobs,do all of our housework,yard etc...and take care of my kids.
My kids could have been a little bit scared of the rapture talk but I try to tell them the truth about the day of the Lord.In a way that shows them that it is a joyous event.
My husband has always treated me hostile no matter what I do so I dont think
the job and money is the issue.It may help me though to make my own and to be free from the control issues.
Regina...I agree with you that maybe there is more to all of this.He may have a Narcissistic disorder,or something wrong that was never diagnosed.Anyhow,
The Lord knows all about him so I put it in the Lord's hands.
Whatever the case...I am very tired and weary and ready to go home with the Lord so He can heal me from the emotional pain...many times I went to family members about my abusive marriage and they told me they didnt believe me or that it was my own choice.I know the Lord is going to help me and heal me
from all of this soon.Thanks again.

Roses, I'm in a similar situation, and what made me really sit up and take notice of his behavior was the fact that he was always "right" in our arguments. Somehow, events were always spun to be "my" fault, with convincing supporting arguments. I never thought anything of it and always wondered why I was such a screw up. But then, after 18 years of marriage, I thought wait. All our arguments and HE'S NEVER in the wrong? That can't be right. Something's fishy. No one is right 100% of the time.

That's when I started to research it and found the book I recommended in another thread (which you've already read).

It's definitely a sticky situation, because verbal abuse isn't as offensive as physical abuse, and if there are no bruises, if he's not using you for a punching bag, it's your "lot" and you should stick it out because marriage is for life. While I respect life-long marriage vows, it's not always as cut-and-dry as that. When you're constantly "wrong", constantly "put down", and can never "do the right thing", your self-esteem takes a beat-down and you become a terrified doormat. You never know what will set him off, and your spirit takes a beating. Even the Bible says the power of life and death is in the tongue (Proverbs 18:21). It's like a spiritual "death" every time.

It's hard for women, we're told to submit to our husbands. But if any man spoke to YOUR wife like he speaks to his own, there would be heated words, if not taking the issue outside. If any man spoke that way to your daughter, your mother, your sister, consequences will be had. It's a "secret", too. Men do this in secret, so it's often "her word" against his. It is very rare for a verbal abuser to do it publicly, which further confuses the spouse because everyone sees him as this "great guy". It's also hard, because there are some really great times peppered in with the absolutely horrid times.

Anyway, long-winded diatribe to say this - I believe any kind of abuse is a form of unfaithfulness in the marriage. The vow to "love, honor, and cherish" has been broken. And while we're in it "for better or for worse", I am no one's doormat, that is NOT the definition of submission, and I refuse to be terrified in my own home any longer. Those decisions of mine came about after returning to Christ as the Prodigal Daughter. He gave me the confidence to see I wasn't crazy, that something WAS going on - and all my prayer journals crying out to God, "What's wrong with me?" isn't my own fault, but the fault of my spouse.

I will stand up for myself from now on. I won't leave unless he hits me - then all bets are off. But if he leaves me as a result of refusing to be controlled and manipulated any longer, Scripture says to let him leave. I will no longer be bound. I'd rather be a eunuch by choice (1 Cor. 7:27). Until I'm called home to Heaven, I will live like I had no spouse (1 Cor. 7:29).

Place your husband on the altar. Devote yourself to Christ. And refuse to let the unregenerate walk all over a king and priest of the Lord God Almighty. Amen.

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

Amen Becka!Hugs to you!

The enemy is still attacking today.My husband is still hostile and is not giving me finances for the house bills etc.Please pray for me...the enemy doesnt want me to feel secure and wants everything to fall around me.Im a bit sad because tommorrow is my birthday and my spouse will not do anything for me.Just focusing on the Lord and praying.Pray for the Lord to provide for me.God bless.

Email: wendy922@netzero.net

Roses, I will keep you lifted in prayer. However may I suggest to spend a good chunk of your day in your own prayer closet? Open the Bible, pray to God, and listen for Him to answer. This issue with the hubby is nothing YOU can fix. This must be a work of God in his heart. And God rarely works in anyone's heart without it being broken first. God has to shatter pride before people start looking up at Him, and that doesn't happen with a flower, it happens with a ROCK. God is called the ROCK for more than just stability, He's also the Stone that makes men stumble (1 Peter 2:8).

You're in a more difficult situation than I am. This is a situation only God can heal, if it can be healed at this point. I will email you about this because I have more to say. If anyone wants to email me off list, feel free.

~~Becka

Email: rebeccagoings@gmail.com

Thank you for your prayers.Today has really turned around for me...If you are battling spiritual warfare.fast and pray.... hugs to you Becka and all.

Email: wendy922@netzero.net

oh thank God for a little break-through roses, praise the Lord.
and excellent advice becka. i will email u soon. as you have a good common sense but christian approach to this.
I thank God for all your fellowship here.
came for the rapture watch,
but the fellowship is truly helpful.
and the prayers here are powerful.

where would you get it?
a gift for us end time watchers.
a light in the darkness...

enjoy your peace roses. just soak now.
'the Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still' Exodus 14.14

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com