Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Dream a Dream- A sober Reality check--"Let us Reason Ministries"

I thought I would share this article from "Let Us Reason Ministries" a sound Christian biblical apologetic, pre-millennial website. In taking a step back and reflecting on what the Bible says about Dreams/Visions and in using our discernment especially in these final hours of our Lord's Return. I had to do this for my own spiritual health and to quiet down the red flags and bells and whistles that were sounding off in my spirit. I have always asked the Lord for the truth and did not want to be deceived by anyone's words or be led astray from the True Word of God. There have been times that I have but the Lord always brings me back and with greater fervor for His Word. Discernment is so important in our Christian Life, without it we will surely fall by the wayside. This is a 2 part article and I pray that you would take the time to read it in its entirety, it is sound doctrine and it is up to us to either except it or reject it, it is our choice. God Bless

Let Us Reason Ministries
by Mike Oppenheimer

There is no doubt that all of us have had at one time a vivid dream that stood out among the other dreams we have had. And we have probably wondered what it meant. Was it from God communicating to us or was it our own remembrance of our daily activities?

The Bible records for us genuine prophets that received dreams from God, and were given insight to interpret their or others dreams. I believe God can still speak to people through dreams when it is necessary, and can enable them or others to interpret these dreams or visions when necessary. However, when dealing with personal experiences - we need the biblical view and be aware of counterfeits for these experiences. For example, the whole new age movement operates from experiences like spirit guides, visitations of angels, dreams, visions and impressions. Sometimes the line can be indistinguishable.

Full Article Here:

http://www.letusreason.org/Latrain30.htm

Fair Use for Discussion & Educational Purposes.

Re: To Dream a Dream- A sober Reality check--"Let us Reason Ministries"

Great article, Morningstar. I give it 5 stars and I love how he backs everything up with Scripture. Thanks for posting this. I have often wondered how people know if something is from God as in a dream or vision. I, personally don't have them but in all cases, I know that we are to make sure it aligns with the Word and we are to "test the spirits". I've seen too many that don't align with the Word or there are red flags all over the place. Also, so many conflict to the point where I don't even bother to read them any anymore. This has been bothering me for quite some time.

This was extremely informative and I really like the way he explains it all so that it's so easy to understand.

I can't wait to read part 2....heading there now. Very timely article for me. Thanks again.

There's probably as many opinions on this contentious topic as there are denominations! :)

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

I bet you're right, GIL. I liked it though because he stuck to Scripture and kept Scripture in context and I rest in knowing that Scripture is fact and not opinion. I'm always testing everything.

Thank you for posting this. I agree with his assessment completely.

Discernment is always wise ~~ yet, I can't deny how Muslims who have no Bible have experienced 'seeing' Jesus, and plucked out of satan's trap into the Light of Salvation ~~

"Does God still give visions to people today? I believe HE does, God changes not ~~ we've a God who can do all things utterly able ~~~~

Good thing we have the O.T. and the N.T. reading God speaking to His own through visions.

look @ Joseph born of Jacob, and then the husband of Mary; Solomon; Isaiah; Ezekiel; Daniel; and so was given to the N.T. saints; i.e., Peter; and Paul.

I'm trusting Joel's prophesy is for today ~~too, Peter confirmed it in the Book of Acts . .

God seems to be using visions and dreams increasingly, ~~ again, what about the places where the good news wasn't given them through the Bible, but was revealed to souls by visions and dreams?

I sure believe our God has not ceased giving visions and dreams as He offered the first generation

And not only is discernment wise, it is essential. I have always learned through various studies and been taught that Joel's prophecy was for 'the last days', meaning those in Israel who will be a remnant. In other words, during the first half of Tribulation and after the Church is taken away.

Here's an excerpt from Jack Kelley's study on Joel Speaks Again(part 2)

Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand- a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness. Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was of old nor ever will be in ages to come. (Joel 2:1-2)

The End of the Age is finally arriving. The phrase “Blow the Trumpet in Zion” indicates there’s an Old Covenant keeping remnant of Jews in the promised land. The sound of a trumpet can mean either great news or terrible news in Israel. In this case, the phrase “the Day of the Lord is coming” means it’s the most terrible news imaginable. Any more references to locusts are now symbolic of the judgment that’s coming upon the whole world, to test those who who live on the Earth. The Lord has promised to keep the Church out of both the time and place of this event (1 Thes. 1:10 & Rev. 3:10) but no such promise has been made to Israel, and certainly not to the unbelieving world, which is about to be totally destroyed.

Here are parts 1,2 and 3:

Joel Speaks Again, Part 1 - by Jack Kelley

http://gracethrufaith.com/the-prophets-speak-again/joel-speaks-again/

Joel Speaks Again, Part 2

http://gracethrufaith.com/the-prophets-speak-again/joel-speaks-again-part-2/

Joel Speaks Again, Part 3. Conclusion

http://gracethrufaith.com/the-prophets-speak-again/joel-speaks-again-part-3-conclusion/

and...

When will Joel 2 Be Fulfilled? (a Q&A by Jack Kelley)

Q. Do you think the restoration as mentioned in Joel 2:25 is for the current church or is this prophecy solely for the Jewish nation and when will it happen? Also when do you think verses 28 and 29 are going to be fulfilled? Thanks so much for you website it is a blessing of truth.

A. Joel’s letter is meant for Israel. Their repayment for the years the locusts have eaten (Joel 2:25) will take place during the Kingdom Age (Millennium). The word translated afterward in Joel 2: 28 means the End of the Age is near, and that’s when verses 28-29 will be fulfilled. Verses 30-32 take place early in Daniel’s 70th week. We know this because the blood moon reference in verse 31 points to Rev. 6:12, the only other place it’s found. Therefore, it’s after the time of Wrath has begun but before the time of the Great Tribulation.

Peter made reference to this in Acts 2:20, in effect saying that Pentecost was a partial fulfillment of Joel 2:28-32. (No darkened Sun, no Blood Moon, etc.) Notice how Peter translated “afterward” in verse 28 to mean “the last days.”

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/when-will-joel-2-be-fulfilled/

~Fair Use for Education and Discussion Purposes~

Thank you, Morningstar! That was excellent! This has been on my heart for some time, so this is very timely for me! The bottom line is that we must align everything with Scripture. I think the author really nails it when he said that oftentimes these experiential things are held up higher than Scripture--that we, as Christians, live by faith and not sight. One very sobering thing he said, which really hit me, was that with some Christians continually praying to receive dreams and visions, that the enemy will gladly supply them. Satan CAN and DOES give dreams and visions. We must always test everything with Scripture. And it goes without saying, TEST THE SPIRITS! Some Christians believe everything they are "given" comes from the Lord, without question! The enemy is well-aware of this! Test the Spirits! Even if it "sounds" right and is a "good" message that doesn't sound off alarms, TEST the Spirits! The enemy is crafty, intelligent, disarming (he won't have fangs, horns, or a red cape), skillful, and likely very appealing.

With all this end-times excitement, and as watching becomes more and more intense, we just really need to be on our guard.

I have loved ones that claim to receive dreams and visions or "Words from the Lord", and there is often a specific situation or date attached to it. These things have yet come to pass, though the dates have come and gone, and these dear ones STILL think they are from the Lord! In fact my BIL listens to a certain internet ministry where the host talks about visits to Heaven and being directly in the THRONE ROOM with Jesus. This "Jesus" tells him of things that are going to happen and gives a time-frame. One time "Jesus" told him that "100 per cent this will happen." and it didn't. My BIL STILL listens to this guy! My husband told him, after listening to said program, that if this doesn't come to pass, then he is a FALSE PROPHET who is listening to deceiving spirits, and that should be very concerning. Sadly, my BIL tried to make excuses for him, after the date came and went, and *sigh* no Rapture, as that Jesus had promised. We are still waiting for this Tsunami that was supposed to hit California over a year ago. You know, that the Lord showed him--and gave dates for. He excuses this by saying prayers from Christians stopped this from happening for now. Like the author of this article states, they always fall back on that when their prediction comes to nothing. As he also asked, where in the Bible does it say that we are to pray to STOP prophecy? Can we stop prophecy from GOD from happening? Of course not.

I don't want to fall for any deceiving spirits or even give them my ear to tickle, so I am very wary of these things, though they are so very enticing! With the internet and Youtube, this is just way to easy for the enemy. As Becka said on another thread, this is where the enemy has a heyday! He knows Scripture inside and out, forward and backward. He will use people we love, who have departed, he will even use children! Put nothing past him. He isn't called the "Father of Lies" for nothing. We must always be Bereans. And always ALWAYS be wearing the full Armor of God.

Shiloh's post
Joel’s letter is meant for Israel. Their repayment for the years the locusts have eaten (Joel 2:25) will take place during the Kingdom Age (Millennium). The word translated afterward in Joel 2: 28 means the End of the Age is near, and that’s when verses 28-29 will be fulfilled. Verses 30-32 take place early in Daniel’s 70th week. We know this because the blood moon reference in verse 31 points to Rev. 6:12, the only other place it’s found. Therefore, it’s after the time of Wrath has begun but before the time of the Great Tribulation.

Peter made reference to this in Acts 2:20, in effect saying that Pentecost was a partial fulfillment of Joel 2:28-32. (No darkened Sun, no Blood Moon, etc.) Notice how Peter translated “afterward” in verse 28 to mean “the last days.”

uh oh, After reading your study, I'm gonna have to admit my mistake and understand that the outpouring of Joel's prophesy begins during The Lord's Day ~~

I still believe that our Lord does grant dreams/visions as He chooses during this Age of Grace; i.e. as we've heard given the Muslims, etc. . .

Shellyanne I agree, There seems to be in influx of messages from Prophets & Prophetesses especially now in these final hours, that we need to exhort one another to seek discernment before we jump on the bandwagon and not let Satan get a stronghold in our Christian life. Dreams and Visions I believe some are from the Lord, but I believe they are for that individuals edification and surely must be checked against Scripture. Here is wise council by Jack Kelly from Gracethrufaith of what seems to be infecting the church.

False Rapture Teaching
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 False Teaching,
Rapture

Q. I very much believe that we are in the last days and believe that the rapture of the Church could happen at any time. When I read blogs like the one I’m sending you, I find myself feeling a bit confused. I feel excited that they seem to indicate the rapture is imminent, but I have a difficult time supporting their “prophecies” through the Bible. It is difficult to see how this could be a deception when the primary focus seems to be to encourage people to witness and tell others about Jesus because the time is short. The discussion about a “cataclysmic event” and then 3 days of darkness prior to the rapture, however, does not seem to line up with the Bible. What do you think?

A. The blog you referred me to is not a prophecy blog, in the sense that it’s devoted to the study of Bible prophecy. Instead it’s a diary containing the writings of a person who claims to have the gift of prophecy. I believe things like this should be subjected to careful scrutiny, applying Paul’s admonition to search the Scriptures to see if they’re true (Acts 17:11). If you see things that conflict with what the Lord has already revealed through His word, you know what the person is writing has not come from Him. This person’s claim that there will be a “cataclysmic event” and then 3 days of darkness prior to the rapture to give people one more chance to accept the Lord is an example of something that conflicts with what the Bible has revealed, and therefore should not be received as a word from the Lord.

Here’s the “deception” you’re not seeing. This person has inserted a couple of prior events before the rapture giving people the false idea that they’ll have a clear sign telling them to accept the Lord just before He takes the church. People who follow this false teaching will believe they can wait until they see the signs before making their decision. But Paul said the rapture will happen in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye (1 cor. 15:51-52) not at the end of a chain of prior signs. While these people are waiting for the signs, the rapture will happen and they’ll be left behind.

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/false-rapture-teaching/#more-43692
Fair Use for Discussion & Educational Purposes

Well, that's it for me. I'll be posting no more dreams! I don't want to be accused of making things up or being false.

Patti Day,
Please don't let the opinions of some stop you from posting any dream you think may be from the Lord.
Everyone has opinions. As I pointed out earlier there's probably as many opinions on this topic as there are denominations, just as there are numerous opinions ( all providing Scripture to back up their position) on if there is a pre-trib,pre-wrath, post-trib rapture, a chronological view of Revelation or multifaceted cycles,etc. 

The truth is we all have flaws and see through a glass darkly. Some will say that dreams & visions are manifestations of the gift of the Holy Spirit and still are in evidence today. Some say they are not. Someone above mention how there seems to be more so-called prophets today-perhaps the reason this appears so is that by having the Internet more people are able to
post words,dreams, visions and prophecy. Does that really mean more, or an increased ability for people to communicate them to others, or an increased boldness to share? Or perhaps the reason is that Father is calling more people to be watchmen and is revealing more to His people. 

In all things, be it listening to a preacher in a church, reading a word or impression someone posts,  a dream or a vision, even the Word of God itself, one should pray about it and ask the Holy Spirit for discernment and wisdom.

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

Thank you. I appreciate what you said and for taking the time to say it.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com