Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
on a merry-go-round , ...get off

Jesus said : Know The Truth ! and the truth shall set you free !
wonderful , this wisdom from God . Just wonderful .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Lord gives Rest . HE desires you enter into His Rest , because He loves you so much He does not want you to worry and bother over things that do not matter , especially things that you will never think on again in your Eternal Life with Him .
~~~~~~~A wonderful treasured story from Charles Dickens tells us of Scrooge , a man on a merry-go-round , of Saving and Loving Money . He adored money . It was his security , his prestige , his glory , his comfort . Then came his fateful night when he learned from four visitors that he was bound for hell if he did not rethink his life and repent . He repents at last and breaks free from his merry-go-round . He finally knows true Joy (Christ) . Dickens was a Christian and his beloved story let's us understand what he thinks important in life : God /people who God loves/Giving/ using money to help others ......
~~~~~~~There are other kinds of merry-go-rounds . One of the worst satan uses on society is Social Life /Social Stratas . You can't win in this unless you are at the very tip-top from the onset . The only people that Do Not Work themselves to death in this are the Uppercrust as they were already at the top to begin with , and have enough money to stay on top for their life on earth . I know someone whose whole life is consumed with this . I have talked with her about this many times, but to no avail . Finally she moved to Galleria to a half-million dollar condo . Did it satisfy ? sigh , No !
Why ? She now thinks this not good enough . Of course . The next step up is always the "carrot". She says you really have not "made it" unless you are in RIVER OAKS , the wealthiest community in Texas ( Houston ). I said if you move to River Oaks that will not be enough ....if you are not in the most expensive home there (300 million). You will then feel like a pauper again if you are only in a three million dollar home . You will be the lower class in RO . Here we go 'round again ...merry-go-round , merry-go-round , that never stops and never slows down . She has no Rest . She knows Jesus , but she does not know how to enter His Rest .
People get caught on these merry-go-rounds for life and it saps their happiness away ...happiness that Jesus wants them to have In Him . Happiness that satan wants to steal from them .
The only way out of these traps is accepting the truth of Christ "these earthly traps" , merry-go-rounds , are fleeting earthly happiness that is not real and you can not take them to Heaven with you when you go .
****Fame , Prestige , Love of Money , Social Climbing , appear as a vapor ...whiff ...fff..ff....ffff ! Gone at death . Not something of Value you can keep forever ! The REST of Christ Jesus is something can you keep forever .
It is of the Greatest Value .
~~~~~~~~On a merry-go-round ? ...get off ...you will not die without it .
Jesus gives Rest ! It is worth it's weight in Gold ! IT is the Pearl of Great Price !
bb

Re: on a merry-go-round , ...get off

There's the old story of a widow whose wealthy husband had just died. Someone asked, "How much did he leave?" She answered, "All of it."

Very good , David !! (Smile) yes, he could not take one penny with him ....

Bonbell, merry-go-rounds cannot love us.

I hope the Lord comes back in a spectacularly visible way so that the nations of people will finally believe that He is real. They desperately need Him or they will face eternal misery, much worse than the misery of not getting what a person wants on the merry-go-round of choice.

There is hope though. I was thinking this morning about the verse that says if Jesus is lifted up, He will draw all men to Himself. He was lifted up on the cross to take away sin, and has been lifted up by true christians ever since who keep telling the world that Jesus really is the Son of God and really is coming again.
Bonnie, if all men are not drawn to Jesus, then this verse/word would fail. That cannot happen because Jesus tells the truth. How can this be then? We can pray for unbelievers and those lost on merry-go-roundland to be drawn to Jesus. The Father is faithful, Jesus is faithful, all human beings will be drawn.
Only with the Lord is there true rest. The sabbath was made for man, Jesus told us, not man for the sabbath. The Lord God in His wisdom knew that man needed rest time with God.

Genesis 2: 1-3 God called His work very good, but He blessed the day of rest. Being at rest with God is being in a blessed condition. 1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

John 12:31-32 The promise of the Lord Himself …31"Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

Lord, please cause us to enter into Your rest
Maranatha

Thanks Bonnie that was good reading Sis.

Hebrews 4:9-11

So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

Yes get off that merry go round.

Excellent word Bonnie and all.... there is absolutely nothing I will regret leaving EXCEPT those I love (people and animals)! Nothing else really matters. I feel sorry for those who only aspire to "have it all" when they really have "nothing at all" unless they know and truly love Jesus. We do see through a glass darkly but they are completely blind!

Vanity, vanity, so says Solomon ~~ true lesson, sis ~~

the world's baubles tempt the soul, with yearning for only more ~~ Jesus made clear the way for peace and satisfaction ~~~

Psalm 37:37
"Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace"

Psalm 85:8
"I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints-- but let them not return to folly"

When we can look beyond our circumstances and say:

Hab 3:17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

Hab 3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

This is peace and joy! The chasing after material things and pleasures is vanity!

Refreshing post Bonnie.

I was just discussing this topic earlier with a friend today. She came from a "rich" family and background, and sees the folly of how people are rather pretentious and ego centric.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Man looks at the outward apperances of things. God looks at the heart.

Soon the world war 3 will start, I would hate to be near Any large city, no matter how "rich" or upscale the nieghbohood is. Nuke Bombs do not care who they wipe out or check to see first if you are rich or poor.

Best to be a down to earth farmer living close to the land, living off what one grows and produces, living in communty where everyone helps each other.And be living at least 30 or 40 miles Away from a major city, 120 or more miles away is even better.

Hopefully the lord (I think he will Rapture us first) will be merciful and Rapture us all out who are his before it starts.

Gods ways are not mans ways.

Great posts, everyone! Merry-go-rounds just go in circles, roundandroundandroundandround.... Eventually you want to get off before you toss your cookies...

...And it is not just the rich on that merry-go-round, but those that covet what the rich have, crying how unfair it is, and that they deserve some of what others have, finding no satisfaction with what they have because they HAVE NOT that peace that surpasses all understanding. The carousel with all the pretty horses beckons everyone; wise are the ones who refuse to ride and those that do, get off quickly.

As I was just telling a friend of mine, even though I have a cute little house that we are close to done remodeling, when Jesus calls me Home, I won't even glance backward. My treasure is not here. This is not my home. Even with my fantastic new kitchen.

Heartfelt comments , thanks Church .
Love you all , see you soon in The Air , bb
HE IS LORD

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com