Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Assad to call a stallmate/ceasefire if Opposition will accept

No way!! Perfect timing with tomorrow being an international peace day/cease fire. Will the fighting stop (we all know the answer to that, don't we)?

DAMASCUS, Syria, Sept. 20 (UPI) -- The Assad regime wants a cease-fire in its civil war, believing the 30-month conflict has reached a stalemate, Syria's deputy prime minister said.

"Neither the armed opposition nor the regime is capable of defeating the other side," Qadri Jamil told British newspaper The Guardian. "This zero balance of forces will not change for a while."

The regime of President Bashar Assad intends to call for a cease-fire at a long-delayed Geneva, Switzerland, peace conference being worked out between the United States and Russia, Jamil told the newspaper.

Other regime proposals at the conference would include "an end to external intervention ... and the launching of a peaceful political process in a way that the Syrian people can enjoy self-determination without outside intervention and in a democratic way," Jamil said.

He added the Syrian economy suffered catastrophic losses of about $100 billion in the war.

Jamil, deputy prime minister for economic affairs, is in charge of Syria's finances.

Washington and various opposition groups had no immediate response to the report.

The cease-fire, if accepted by the armed opposition, would be kept "under international observation," such as U.N. peacekeepers, provided they came from neutral or friendly countries, he said

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/09/20/Assad-to-propose-cease-fire-in-Syrian-civil-war/UPI-52221379658600/#ixzz2fSFPetw9

Re: Assad to call a stallmate/ceasefire if Opposition will accept

So is he saying "Ok, let's stop fighting and everything go back to the way it was"?

I don't see opposition agreeing to that - the reason they were fighting in the first place hasn't changed.

This seems sort of silly to me. Maybe I'm just missing something

Edit to add - of course all that matters to us is that they are TALKING peace

He is saying "let's stop and head to a peaceful political process instead" which I'm sure the US will be pressured to attempt a peaceful solution as the whole world is watching. Now the opposition is going to demand that Assad step down, with all the surprises coming I'm thinking he might say "okay."

It is now officially the beginning of the 21st in Jerusalem, so it is officially International Peace Day over there right now, what better time to say "okay, let's end this war" and then all of Syria rejoice (well for a few minutes anyway). Can you imagine the pressure on Obama to push the Opposition to stop the fighting? And to me, this fits Biblically.

1 Thessalonians: For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.…

Well...how can we get to the world saying "peace and safety" unless there is some type of peace and safety? False or not, this could be the exact sign we are told to look for in 1 Thessalonians!! And it being the International Day of Peace AND Godislove's research on the Jewish significance of Sept 21st, I'm saying we may be going home at any second!!!

Syria continues to give me mental whiplash.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

I know right TX THom?! Well, Jesus is coming when we "least expect it" and with Syria we never know what to expect...LOL It's like we get a curve ball every 3 days or so!

Tx Thom, Ha Ha! I didn't even listen to the two interviews with Obama and Assad, figured neither is telling the truth anyway.

I was wondering the same thing Sparkles about the US halting its' strike and the peace and safety verse. I remembered some of us here at RITA felt to pray for Obama and right after he changed his mind about it.

Hmm...as I told Bengigirl after her dream of a volcano and pigs...
It may end up that Syria ends up being O's Bay of Pigs.

(research John Kennedy and Bay of Pigs for more info).

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

Well if Syria does end up being O's Bay of Pigs, we probably won't be here to see it :)

So I am all for this "peace" thing! I have a feeling we will be reading shortly in the news that Obama has pressured the Opposition into agreeing to ceasefire and meet at the "polical peace table."

Edit: OOOH! I just read this: Meanwhile Syria’s main western-backed opposition group has slammed al Qaida-linked gunmen and their expanding influence in the country, saying the jihadis seek to establish an Islamic state.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/syria-weapons-list-handed-over-607611.html

And I was thinking, so if Obama and the "western-backed" opposition groups do agree to ceasefire with Assad, it could be that the peace and safety is broke by none other than....Al Qaeda!

TxThom
Syria continues to give me mental whiplash.

That's very cute TXThom - I can just picture that :), and I'm not sure the "peace and safety" has really anything to do with this conflict in Syria, but with Israel and its peace with the Palestinians, but I'm not being dogmatic on it.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com