Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Gleanings of the Harvest

Earlier at the start of this year when I was "awoken" to where I was and what I needed to do to right myself with the Lord, one thing stuck out in everything I read or heard.

The Rapture is a Harvest.

We are all harvested for our Faith in Jesus and saved from the coming wrath. In this though something that keeps tugging at me to understand and that is gleaning.

Gleaning is a law given down from God:

"9 “‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. 10 Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the Lord your God."

What this does, from my understanding, is gives something to those who are poor or did not provide for themselves a way to survive. Leaving something that provides for them and saves them.

Now, if this is Law then it isn't called a partial harvest because you are harvesting the way you are commanded.

So if this is the case, the Rapture is the harvest, and by God's Law, there will be gleanings left for those who did not provide for themselves. Something that will sustain them and get them through.

I know people go nuts when you talk about this as its automatically thought of as speaking on a partial rapture...but this isn't the case.

If the Rapture is a Harvest, then by law there would be a gleaning. It doesn't make it a "Partial Rapture" but a Rapture Harvest that is done according to the law given by God.

My question is on who is gleaned? Is this the people that are sealed by God with His mark on their foreheads? Or is this possibly another group, the first of the Saints that will be left behind?

Re: The Gleanings of the Harvest

Very interesting Jfelts. This scripture comes to mind.

Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and [see] thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

During the Tribulation, the 3rd angel on the black horse, was told not to touch either the “oil or wine.” This means they are being grouped together, and spared for a later harvest time. "Tribulation saints." Sounds like a kind of gleaning of those who become Christians after the rapture.

I think this is the 144,000 spoken of in Rev 6, they are the gleaning left behind and are protected to spread the gospel.

Also similar to Rita, I think that the 3rd seal's oil and wine are the Brides: the Church and Israel. They will not be harmed during the famine.

Jfelts, the same term is used in Isaiah 17:

“In that day the glory of Jacob will fade;
the fat of his body will waste away.
5 It will be as when reapers harvest the standing grain,
gathering the grain in their arms—
as when someone gleans heads of grain
in the Valley of Rephaim.
6 Yet some gleanings will remain,
as when an olive tree is beaten,
leaving two or three olives on the topmost branches,
four or five on the fruitful boughs,”

It seems to me that something catastrophic will happen to both Syria and Israel where only a few "gleanings" will remain. It's a really sobering thought.

By the way, I've been watching this Feast of Tabernacles celebration in Jerusalem which ends today. I didn't know that this feast is also a feast of harvest. Here's the link:

http://int.icej.org/live

Indeed the rapture is a harvest of sorts. But however described, and however the rapture is accomplished, it still bears witness to also state, that it is also a judgment of God. A judgment against those who did not answer the Lord's call to relationship or convenant life. This then is a universal judgment against believers/church and non. And though not a judgmental act in and of itself, it does usher in the "judgements" of God. The rapture is a judgment of sorts in that it declares a decision made by God. In that sovereign decision, He chooses those that are declared worthy to spend eternity in His presence, and those that have chosen Christ. Analogies aside, as they are for the sake of our understanding of His purposes, again it is a sovereign decision, made by God.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com