Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mansions in the Sky

Despite the commandment to not covert and places in the Word where it speaks against greed, many of us were taught or believe tha Yeshua is busy building a glorious mansion in the sky for us.  I have seen people describe in detail what they want in their lavish and exquisite mansion and how they want it to look. Is this what Yeshua said? 
Let's look at what the Word says:
Matthew 23:25
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
Mark 7:21-23
21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "
Mark 8:36
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
Luke 11:39
Then the Lord said to him, "Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.
Luke 12:15
Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

I don't see anything there that would encourage me to fantasize about a physical mansion in the sky. What did Yeshua say, and to whom? We see in John He is speaking to the apostles. We see above He spoke against greed and the need to clean the "inside".

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Yeshua told the apostles He was going to prepare a place for them and He would be back. He then died and was resurrected, went to heaven and sprinkled His blood on the alter 
as atonement for our sins. He then came back to earth for 40 days. He  told the apostles that Fathers house has many rooms. Yeshua referred to the Temple as Fathers house.(Fathers house is a house of prayer). The Temple had rooms where the priests would stay. God was in the Holy of Holies.The Word tells us that WE are the Temple. Yeshua died,went to heaven and came back so that the Holy Spirit could live-IN US- the TEMPLE as the Word clearly states that our bodies are. Yeshua cleaned the "inside" of us so that we could be a room in Fathers house-His temple! 
Yeshua already prepared the rooms and as born again believers we have the Holy Spirit living in us. Yeshua had to cleanse us from the inside by making atonement for our sins! Once He did that the Holy Spirit was able to come reside in us!

How can you have many mansions in a house? You don't. The word mansions should have been interpreted as either abode,dwelling place or room. Yeshua tells us repeatedly to abide in Him and He will abide in us. 

These English words were interpreted from these Greek words which have these English meanings:
House-oikia-a house,an inhabited edifice, a dwelling place, the inmates of the house, the family

Mansions-mone-a staying,dwelling,abiding,abode,to make one's abode,metaphor of God the Holy Spirit indwelling believers.

Has Yeshua been spending 2000 years building us all
Mansions in the sky? I don't have the answer to that. But I don't think He was speaking of a physical one when he spoke this to the apostles.

Email: GodIsLove5bc@gmail.com

Re: Mansions in the Sky

Interesting post, I cant say that I ever really pictured literal mansions, but more like many buildings with lots of doors.....each door is for an inhabitant of heaven and each door opens into your own personal “heaven” in whatever shape/form you’ve always wanted it to be. Purely speculation on my part of course.

Godislove,
Since we don't have scriptural evidence either way I don't see the harm in it, nor see it as a sign of greed. It will not matter either way as we are in heaven. But from people who have been there and testified there are houses and one testimony I read said he even knocked on someone's door while he was there and waited for them to answer. I would rather spend my time fantasizing about this than a lot of other things.
Blessings,
Mom of 2

YES! And when he is done building this place His Father will give permission, so the only way to get Him to come "sooner" is to get out there and help Him build that Temple :)

Thank you GodisLove, what a delightful post!

Well, I must admit that I replied to some posts here before about how I wanted my mansion in Heaven to be. But I can assure you, I don’t think that greed was behind my wishes.
I thought it was a fun post. It does not say that we will receive a house in Heaven, but then again I know people who think we will sit on a cloud and play harp in all eternity too. That is not mentioned in the Bible either. I would honestly be more than happy just to get in . As I think most of us will.

And remember this verse:
1.Cor.2:9

But as it is written: “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.”

Indeed a great word, and an important message. As this speaks more of motivation rather than greed. Though there are many benefits, rewards and kindness's the Lord will show to those that love Him, indeed our love of Him and wanting to stand in His eternal presence worshiping Him, should be the first motivation of our heart & more importantly, our spirits. Lastly, being a triune being as like God, our souls & minds can then apprehend and receive what the Lord will bestow.

Indeed, it is always critical for us to check our motivations in all things, especially our desire to be in glory with Him. But you can't tell a hungry man not think of or desire food. Or a physically broken person to not desire health and well being. Our aspirations and desires are many fold, we just must simply prioritize them.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

God Is Love,

I am looking forward in anticipation to whatever the Lord has in store for us in Heaven.
The Bible verse that Annelis shared encompasses my thoughts..
I too just want to get in the door.. LOL...
I pray that I am worthy to escape the Tribulation and go to Heaven to be with my Father in Paradise and praise and worship him forever and ever even if I have to live in a tent. LOL..

I look forward to seeing you up in the clouds soon..
Love and Hugs,

AngelWings7

I have given this some thought until I felt uncomfortable doing so. It felt wrong to me to spend much time on this but that is only how this made me feel. My mansion would be a simple home on the water with a big front porch that many could sit on at once and a forest nearby to hike. I think the Lord will make his choices for us personal because he loves us that much.

I think it goes without saying that we all love the Lord and will feel blessed just to be with him in heaven.

Amen, AngelWings, looking forward to whatever the Lord has in store for us. Nothing would surprise me. We'll just be happy to escape what's going on ere. Getting in the door. The fact He has planned anything for me at all is a great privilege. I'll just be happy being where He is. But this I know. It will be wonderful and beyond our imaginations. The Temple and the Throne Room alone will be such an experience. He knows us better then we know ourselves. I'm sure you will be stunned by whatever He has planned that will speak to your heart. He loves us more than we realize. You will be happy I assure you.

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

NOW THIS IS ONE SPECIAL MOMENT WE ARE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO...

The word mansion worked quite well in 1611 when the KJV translators chose it. The English Lords were the ones who owned mansions and they were filled with not only the extended family of the Lord, but also the many families that served in the mansion. It truly was many individual living compartments within the "Father's" Home. Now it seems individual families, or even individual people want mansions to dwell in all by themselves.

But whatever we fantasize about regarding our heavenly dwellings I am certain that it will be both very different than what we imagine, and much better than we can conceive.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

I am with you, AngelWings, Sis!
I LOVE the lion poster!! I love lions.
I loved C.S. Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia" (Aslan), and
I love Disney's "The Lion King" as well. The first time I
saw "The Lion King" in the theater (which was packed with
families, of course), at the part where Rafiki walks slowly to
the edge of Pride Rock & holds Simba, the new Prince, up
high for all to see: the animals are making their own sounds
loudly in praise of the new Prince, and then one-by-one they
Begin to bow on bended knee to him, I cried, & cried, & cried
because it made me think what it would be like when WE were
finally standing before Our King. It affects me the same way
everytime I see it. And just think, soon it will be a reality!! Oh,
the happiness, the joy we will feel, the love overflowing from our
hearts, Oh My Lord and King Jesus, how I long for that to be!!!
I can't wait!!!! Anywhere He is will be our home. Not bad! Not bad a'tall !!!

Loved your picture AngelWings, it made me laugh. That is how excited I will be for sure.

I'll be happy just to go through the pearly gates!LOL

I agree with a lot of things everyone said in their posts above.

But, AngelWings, you just made me laugh:

AngelWings7
praise and worship him forever and ever even if I have to live in a tent. LOL..

It is so true, though. I have told the Lord before that I don't know what exactly He has prepared for us, but that just being with Him will be more than enough for me. I think everyone ultimately feels that way, too.

AngelWings > I pray that I am worthy to escape the Tribulation and go to Heaven to be with my Father in Paradise and praise and worship him forever and ever even if I have to live in a tent. LOL..

AMEN sis!! with lots of animals around

Whatever the Lord has prepared for me, it will be sufficient for me. I just want to be in His presence, serving Him.

Maranatha Lord Jesus!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com