Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Look at Hell-- A crucial part in Presenting the Gospel of Salvation

Indeed, teaching upon this subject has in times past, been a mainstay of the Christian voice. As it is written, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. And we are also told that we should fear He that can kill not only the body, but the soul.

Truly, we all have a destiny with death, which has been the way of this world since the fall. Yet it still is the great "white elephant" in everyone's life. Not surprising that Hell doesn't give too many warm fuzzies. The doctrine of hell is a legitimate discipline or teaching of the Christian faith, to be sure.

God's love has however taken center stage in our preaching, and rightly so. But as death is also an integral part of the life cycle, so too, Hell must also be preached, however scary it might be.

Having said all of this, again I am mindful, that as a seasoned Christian of many years, and having taken heed against the pitfall of Hell, I now in my Christian experience, have a clear motivation upon which to place my focus. That is to focus not upon what I am being save from, but rather for whom I am being saved for!!!

I respect the Lord, fear His judgments, but recognize that Love will lead me home.

One may be able to escape the fires of hell, but without loving God, and our Saviour Jesus, heaven might not be as pleasant as one might think.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

quoting Tender Reed : "Hell must be preached also , no matter how scary ."
AMEN ! & AMEN ! ~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Hell is preached for the good of the lost who will one day give thanks in Heaven for those sermons . ...it is a must , bb
~~~~~~~~~~
Bless you , Church .

It's really hard to convince someone that they need a Savior when they have no perception of being in trouble beyond their reckoning.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com