Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New features on RITAN

I would prefer a thanks button, but this is the closest we could find. And the reason for using that particular code is that it disables the dislike button, cause that really doesn't have a place on Ritan. And the green because it's pretty. We'll keep our eyes out for a better system when it becomes available. There was a slightly better one, but it has become obsolete over the past couple of years of the main software being updated. Perhaps that author will brush it off and make it work again.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

GodIsLove, I understand the point you're making. I have to say, while I generally I don't use "Like" buttons, I do think they have the use of allowing someone to express their thanks without having to make a new post, especially if they don't have anything else to say/add. On this note, "Like" probably wouldn't be my word of choice for that, but instead "Thanks" or something like that.

This happened to me a few times here on RITA already, where I happen to read a good analysis on Bible verses or something like that, and I would like to say thanks without having to just make a whole new post, because I don't have anything else to add to or say about it. So if I for one am to use the new "Like" button it will probably be for just that and its simplicity. Not favoritism, I wouldn't want it to be perceived that way.

If I were to add or say something else I would just say "thanks" in that post instead, since I was already writing it. Sure, one may say then that if I didn't reply or "Like" a post that it meant I disliked it, but not necessarily. It would just mean I didn't read it or didn't feel the need to weigh in on what was being discussed.

Do we have to add our last name to the registration form--I do not want to give out my last name on the internet?

When registration resumes, you will need to give us your full name. However, that will not be seen by the public. Only the mods will have access to that information. What shows up onscreen when you post will just be your username (Scott). We'll have the rest so we can contact you, if necessary.

Well, I was going to add a "WHATEVER,SHILOH!" button under where I make a new post, so people could just hit that. LOL...
I don't know how to reply on the new site. Can someone help me and tell me where to go.....as far as that's concerned?

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com