Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Locking This Forum up

I tried several times over the last few days to register with no success. I am on Windows 7. I tried installing Firefox a few years ago and didn't particularly like the changes it made to my computer.

Guess I will not be able to post unless you send me a password. TxThom emailed four or five days ago, so you have my email address if you can send me a password.

Thanks.

Phone freezes and am not able to brouse as well. Will not let me go to previous pages.

Gary G
Phone freezes and am not able to brouse as well. Will not let me go to previous pages.

RITA Now is going Mobile!

Pix to explain will follow shortly.

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

Yeah, I've noticed this too, it's freezing on mobile. Okay can now access it, but when I do the touch the dashboard thing, I don't see the RITA sign in at all. I guess it's good I'm making this update via my laptop. I also had updated my iPhone 3 to iOS 7, I wish I had not done that, because now my camera and video like to crash my phone, but I'm not really using my iPhone for calls these days but it is connected to my AT&T U-verse Wi-Fi signal.

Golden Knight, did you see Jonathan's post: http://pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=1110682&cmd=show

It takes you step by step how to get to the register area. And doesn't try to load the large pix which seemed to be causing issues (although they do look great).

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

I did, nothing happens when I click on the bluebar via my iPhone so there's no login.

Still locking up my computor when I try to go to the new site...

Gail, what browser and operating system are you using? Have you tried installing firefox or chrome to see if that works better? I can't use Internet Explorer with either windows XP or windows Vista without having lockup problems, but it works fine with chrome or firefox. I hear that internet explorer 10 works with windows 7 or 8, but on XP the latest one was ie 8 which just can't do the cool new tricks.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

or
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

are download sites for each one. Chrome also works well in phones apparently.

Or to put it graphically,

I have windows xp

I tried Safari and Firefox. The site freezes up my MacPro completely. I am very sad. I can't even read stuff, much less reply. Sniff.
Please don't leave me alone here in this evil world without you guys!
Love y'all

Dear Mods -- Sisters & Brothers: please do not lock this forum until everyone can participate on RITANow ... thank you. we really need one another.

Not able to get to the login site. Nothing happens when I tap on the blue bar. Please don't shut this site down until we may all get there. God bless all of you working on this.

Shari
Not able to get to the login site. Nothing happens when I tap on the blue bar. Please don't shut this site down until we may all get there. God bless all of you working on this.

See my updated links for cell phone users on the mobile thread

Email: jonathan@raptureintheairnow.com

Jesus Girl and Gail, try Google Chrome. It's faster and less resource intensive than most of the other browsers and works for Android, PC and Apple products, although not directly for blackberry yet (although some have found a way to make it work even there).

Windows XP doesn't support internet explorer more advanced than 8, and IE8 doesn't work well with the most updated software out there which is what Ritan has moved to. Firefox generally works and was once my preferred choice, but Chrome works better for me in general. The only feature I miss from firefox is the ability to refresh all the tabs at once. That was nice for when I open up twenty Ritan tabs at once.

3rd Watch, this forum IS going to be locked down soon. That's why we're working so hard to help everyone move to the other site, both by tweaking the new site and by assisting members having trouble making the transition. Don't give up. Email for help if you can't do it on your own.

As I'm pretty much computor iliterate, I have no idea what chrome is... :(

It's okay Gail. Try going to https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/ and hitting the blue download chrome button in the middle. If I'm not mistaken it can bring in your favorites from your other browser. It'll take a bit of getting used to, but I think you'll like it.

Last time I tried to change something on my computor, I ended up having to take my computor to get it fixed...
I guess I won't be coming to the new site :(
Hate it because I've been on for several years and really like it.. :(

Any techie friends, family or youth group members who can give you an assist?

The one who always took care of my computor was my brother who passed away Aug. 9th. after he got sick I tried to fix it myself an ended up messing it up, now Im afraid to do anything with it..

Gail, as of August this year 52.9% of computer users are using Chrome, 28.2% are using Firefox, and 11.8% are using Internet explorer.

There are a number of things all computer users on the internet really need to have going: internet security, virus scanning, firewall protection, and trash cleanup. These can really help prevent a lot of problems which tend to happen when you're on the internet. But it's not something that can be done remotely, since making sure you're virus clean (for example) can temporarily cause your system to not be able to access the internet. Ask your local church if someone in their youth group can come help you out if your brother didn't have all this running on your system (which he likely did). I can't imagine installing google would cause any problems, but I also can't guarantee that it won't. Installing it is easy enough. Push the blue button, tell whatever security measures your brother installed that yes you're installing software, and pick it as the default browser. If it wants to import your bookmarks, tell it yes please. And if you want to use internet explorer, it's still going to be on your system. One of Chrome's best features is that it works on so many platforms that it's easy enough to recommend and install. The software will install the version that's right for your system. It uses less computer resources, it's faster, and it stays up to date on software improvements. Which is why most computer users are using it now.

TxThom,

I for one anyway, have to say that I will miss the beautiful simplicity of this old site. I know that issues are still being sorted out on the updated RITAN, but the small blue texts (tiny!) and the larger black text replies have me scratching my head which is the genuine reply.

I am in sympathy with Gail regarding moving to the new site and a possible computer collapse because of it. It happened to me when I temporarily installed Firefox and couldn't remove that program quick enough. Okay, I have access to what you call Chrome (but I haven't installed it), but I have no interest in changing from Internet Explorer - simply because it works for me.

I was able to log onto the new site - with your help thank you Tx! I hope that at my age I can adapt to the changes that have been made with the new RITAN site. And I have hinted at my church for some help with computer issues but we have no young nerdy types who are able to assist as we are a church of oldies!

TSS, I agree with you on the blue text, and that was MY idea. It used to be this light grey which was terrible (no pun intended TSS) so we made it black. Which was easier to read, but also changed some of the text on black backgrounds to black which made them unreadable. So we went with blue as being readible in both, but desirable in neither. We will not be letting that stay that way. At least I really hope we aren't.

Regarding Internet Explorer, I drive an 1988 van and a 1997 car depending on how much I have to move. I understand staying with the familiar. But IE isn't just familiar, it has become obsolete unless you are on the newest version of windows, in which case we wouldn't have this conversation. Chrome does have an extension that replicates an IE tab. Not sure if it would be compatible or not, and I'm guessing it would just make life more complicated for you. I would recommend installing chrome, but not making it your default browser. Use it only for Ritan if you like, and IE for all the rest. I think your experience would be much better. I also find the site much more readable when enlarged to 150%. You do that in chrome by holding down a control key and pushing + until it shows 150% or by scrolling your mouse button (if you have one of those) upwards until it shows 150%. I'm not sure if IE does that or not, or whether than would just make it crash quicker even if it does. Oh, and chrome allows the use of extensions called ad block or ad block plus. So I don't see ads when surfing the net. Another perk. Especially since Victoria Secret came out with a Rapture line of lingerie or some such. I've heard about, but I don't have to see it because it's blocked.

TSS, we changed the theme from dark to light and made the text black and bigger. I think you'll find it more readable now.

:(

Tx, it is much more readable now, thanks. (A little or the largish side - but no complaints certainly a lot better!)

So you have 1988 and a 1997 vehicles. Maybe it would be better to possibly have a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle - at least it will probably not die and become completely useless if there is an EMP attack!

Feeling sorry for you Gail - hope that you get connected soon.

Well I was doing quite well for a while especially after RITAN went mobile- but for the past two days I can't get on the new site- as if it just doesn't want to load- any known issues the past couple of days? Maybe the server is just super busy with a lot of traffic?

Gail, explain your dilemna to your church's youth pastor and see if there is a teenager there that could assist you. Alternatives are youth pastors of larger local congregations, or boy scout troups. They give out merit badges in computers. I imagine they are widely achieved. Ask your friends if you can borrow their tech savvy family member for an hour or two in exchange for pizza. It's amazing how exchangable pizza can be in the computer world.

Remnant Navi, twice the system has seemed locked down and I don't know why. No one else seems to complain about it, so I'm wondering if it's a glitch between me and the site. But it comes back in a little while. The site is loading quite quickly most of the time, so server load ought not be an issue. Backups could be, however. Again IE8 doesn't work well. Ever it seems. But it locks up the program as well as not accessing Ritan, so it's easy enough to tell the difference. Do you have some security program that has decided to block the site for some reason? Ritan always works fine for me, but I have one firewall program that despises anything on bravenet for some reason. I just shut it off for visiting here.

Email: Themods@raptureintheairnow.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com