<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
You are Safe in the Shadow of His Wings!!!!!!!!!!

Re: You are Safe in the Shadow of His Wings!!!!!!!!!!

Charity, just as your were posting this beautiful message, I was thinking how much I feel safe and peaceful in my spirit. I was thinking of that verse- the peace that passes all understanding. That is what I feel right now. It is well with my soul!

Love you!
M.

1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
* Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
4. For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
5. But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
6. And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Thanks, Charity & Melanie... I needed this today.

Oh my gracious- I had no idea about that writer... and yet in all that tragedy he was clearly looking forward to the rapture!

Melanie, I just felt led to post this. I've had a hard day....definitely a "Come Lord Jesus"-type-of-day (if you know what I mean). But we ARE safe in His mighty arms of Love, and this is SUCH a comforting thing to know! No matter what happens in this life, HE IS OUR ETERNAL REWARD! Thank you Lord Jesus, Glorious King, Heavenly Father, Eternal Savior, Prince of Peace, Almighty God!

Melanie
Oh my gracious- I had no idea about that writer... and yet in all that tragedy he was clearly looking forward to the rapture!
Yes--Isn't that INCREDIBLE?!

Charity, I am so pleased you posted it and I pray that you allow His Peace to flow through you this evening as you seek renewal in Him. Try to get some rest tonight. I am on my way to bed, also. He is all sustaining, Praise Him!

Lifting you up to our Beautiful Savior,
Melanie

Those are amazing pictures, I love wildlife pictures and drawings, the one of the eagle with the ten thousand feathers in his armpit is fantastic!

I read one time that the eagle can see as well as we can, at 8 miles; Charity you must have that same vision for spiritual pictures for us.

JR

Charity,

You have put together such a beautiful thread. For some unknown reason I have felt like crying all day, just on the edge of tears. What you have created out of your lovely spirit is so comforting. It is good to be reminded that we can actually live under the shadow of the Wings of the ALmighty. I saw those wings once about three years ago and I will never forget it.

Did you notice on the script about the dear man who wrote this song that the ship carrying his daughters who drowned sunk on 11/22? Yesterday, in 1873. This man must have had quite a close relationship with Jesus or he could not have come through so much tragedy and produced a song like this. What a testimony of his love for the Lord and the faithfulness of God in tragedy.

How wonderful it will be when there is no more sin, no more death, no more sorrow. We owe Jesus such a debt for all that He has done for us.

JR
Those are amazing pictures, I love wildlife pictures and drawings, the one of the eagle with the ten thousand feathers in his armpit is fantastic!

I read one time that the eagle can see as well as we can, at 8 miles; Charity you must have that same vision for spiritual pictures for us.

JR

JR, I think in pictures, rather than in words. Sometimes I don't know how to express myself, and as the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words."
I'm so thankful for beautiful pictures to look at... I CANNOT draw worth beans, so I am thankful for those who can, & who also use their beautiful talent to glorify God!

Texas Sue

Charity,

You have put together such a beautiful thread. For some unknown reason I have felt like crying all day, just on the edge of tears.
I've been sad all day, too.

What you have created out of your lovely spirit is so comforting. It is good to be reminded that we can actually live under the shadow of the Wings of the ALmighty. I saw those wings once about three years ago and I will never forget it.
You did? Please tell more! I will never forget the time I was in DESPERATE need to feel God's love... and He led me to a verse in Song of Solomon. As I was reading the verse, the Holy Spirit came and covered my like a blanket. Oohhhhhhhhhh, what an awesome feeling. Thank you, Lord, for comforting us in our times of need.

Did you notice on the script about the dear man who wrote this song that the ship carrying his daughters who drowned sunk on 11/22? Yesterday, in 1873.
I did NOT notice this! Wow!

This man must have had quite a close relationship with Jesus or he could not have come through so much tragedy and produced a song like this. What a testimony of his love for the Lord and the faithfulness of God in tragedy.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. What faith! He is in Heaven right now with his precious family... I'm sure his rewards are great. His faith was tested to the max (like Job), and he remained steadfast!

How wonderful it will be when there is no more sin, no more death, no more sorrow. We owe Jesus such a debt for all that He has done for us.
AMEN!!!

(begin quote - Charity)
You did? Please tell more! I will never forget the time I was in DESPERATE need to feel God's love... and He led me to a verse in Song of Solomon. As I was reading the verse, the Holy Spirit came and covered my like a blanket. Oohhhhhhhhhh, what an awesome feeling. Thank you, Lord, for comforting us in our times of need. (end quote)

Charity, one Sunday morning about three years ago we were singing praise songs at church and I was standing down front on one side of the altar with the children. The lady who taught the children always let them come down and be on one side of the room so they could wave their flags and even join in dancing. Several of us took turns helping her with the little ones.

The church is small - about 200 or so and two sections of seats with a center aisle. The music was really good and while we were singing I looked up and saw two huge white wings over the room. One wing covered the right side of the room from the front to the back and from the side wall to the center aisle and the second wing covered the left side in the same proportion. God has given me a "seer" gift and I have seen several things when I am worshipping but this was the best of all.

I remember thinking that this was some big angel to have wings that size. I didn't see a head or a body - just the wings. Then, suddenly I was on top of the wings looking down at the way the feathers connected in and was amazed at how beautifully perfect and snowy white the feathers were. The wings were alive - like breathing alive with a pulse like movement. The next thing I know I am back on the floor and out of the spirit and could not see them anymore.

After that experience I was reading Psalm 91 and realized these were not angel wings at all but the wings of the Almighty!! After that I have come across place after place in scripture where the shelter of God's wings is mentioned. Psalm 57:1 is one example and there are many others.

They are real and we can live under them. I remember the wonderful sense of peace, rest and well-being that I was experiencing when I saw them and as I was walking around on top of them. When you have the smallest taste of the atmosphere of heaven you so long to go and be in it forever. Talk about homesick, just remembering makes me ache for that environment 24/7.

My goodness. What BEAUTIFUL experience! I AM SPEECHLESS.

OH MY GOSH TEXAS SUE - THIS WAS AMAZING! TO HAVE EXPERIENCED THAT YOU MUST REALLY BE LONGING FOR MORE OF HEAVEN! WOW- HOW EXCITING - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

HOW GOOD IS OUR FATHER TO BE WATCHING OVER YOU IN CHURCH UNDER THE SHADOW OF HIS WINGS!!!AND TO LET YOU EXPERIENCE SEEING THIS!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT - IT WAS REALLY BEAUTIFUL.

Oh my gosh, Shirley!!! I was JUST contemplating BUMPing this thread.....then I hit the "refresh" button and all of the sudden there it was, bumped to the top! WOW!

Charity - I love the pictures of the swan with her babies under her wings - I bet that is how you are with your little ones!!Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Charity
Oh my gosh, Shirley!!! I was JUST contemplating BUMPing this thread.....then I hit the "refresh" button and all of the sudden there it was, bumped to the top! WOW!

WELL IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH A BUMP! ANYONE WHO HASN'T READ TEXAS SUE'S EXPERIENCE POSTED ON THIS THREAD AT 11:08 YOU NEED TO READ IT! AMAZING!

Shirley, you are right. It was not just seeing the wings but the atmosphere of heaven that was present as well that was so great. It was the whole package. It felt very normal to be under those wings and when I came back into the natural environment that felt foreign.

It made me so very, very homesick for heaven and for my Papa God. It has been very hard to be here since then. I so want to go home and live in that kind of blissful peace and happiness forever. It is really beyond description. Once you experience that, you can never go back to what was considered "normal" again. It just isn't enough anymore and never will be. That really cut the string to this world and I have no desire for anything here at all.

Texas Sue

It made me so very, very homesick for heaven and for my Papa God. It has been very hard to be here since then. I so want to go home and live in that kind of blissful peace and happiness forever. It is really beyond description. Once you experience that, you can never go back to what was considered "normal" again. It just isn't enough anymore and never will be. That really cut the string to this world and I have no desire for anything here at all.

I cannot even imagine T/Sue - you must try to relive that as often as you can - and how hard it must be to go through every day in this old world since then for 3 years now knowing what you have to look forward to, and that being such a minute part of what's to come!

Oh Shirley, we have so much to look forward to and hopefully very soon we will get to experience all of heaven without interruption. Can you imagine how wonderful that will be? We'll be as happy and as free as litle children with no cares at all, just endless joy and surprises. Thank YOU Jesus for making this possible. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time before God's throne in grateful praise for all He has done for us. Can't think of anything nicer either, can you?

Texas Sue
Oh Shirley, we have so much to look forward to and hopefully very soon we will get to experience all of heaven without interruption. Can you imagine how wonderful that will be? We'll be as happy and as free as litle children with no cares at all, just endless joy and surprises. Thank YOU Jesus for making this possible. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time before God's throne in grateful praise for all He has done for us. Can't think of anything nicer either, can you?

Oh Sue, there CAN'T be anything nicer. HEAVEN AT LAST!! (and we're gonna experience it SOON!

Texas Sue, I have been thinking about this wonderful thing God allowed you to see. I am so blessed to imagine God's Mighty Wings spread out over His worshipping children. What an awesome picture this creates in my mind! I will think of this often. Thank you so much for sharing! I can't WAIT to feel the feathers of the Great White Eagle myself!!! Reminds me of Anna Roundtree's experiences.

Much Love,
Charity

Knight Michael, what beautiful pictures. I am thrilled with Charity's pictures also, especially the second one with the swan's wing raised. That is close to the shape of the wings that I saw, approximately close in shape but they were huge in comparison of course.

Ms Victor
Charity - I love the pictures of the swan with her babies under her wings - I bet that is how you are with your little ones!!Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Ms. Victor, thank you for your encouragement! I wish I could be a better mother.
I do love my children dearly, but I am admittedly deficient in the PATIENCE department. It's something I'm really working on (with God's help), but I let myself get way too uptight & then I 'lose my cool' with them.

But you can be sure that I am a protective mother. If one of my little ones get hurt, you'd better get out of my way, or else I'll bull doze you over with my 115 lb. frame- LOL!!!

I'm just so THANKFUL that God never makes mistakes in His parenting!
He is completely reliable and sooooooooo incredibly patient.

Lots of love to you tonight! -Charity

Charity! Thank you. What a beautiful thread you started and everyone added to! This verse came to mind when I started reading it:

Philippians 4:8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Charity - I can tell by the beautiful pictures of your dear little ones that they are happy and very much loved!! Children have a way of showing how well they are loved by the looks on their faces! All smiles and a beautiful "glow" that shines thru in the pictures - like the love of Jesus!! Love you Charity!! , Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Believe it or not Texas Sue,
but those images were artwork commissioned for a CCG or for those in the know a Collectible Card Game. They do get some now and then that make your jaw drop and as I am partial to angelic pictures...well I thought I might share.

Love song of thanks to the Lord for finding us when we were least looking for Him, how he saves us and heals our spirits with His overwhelming LOVE....

I am the lonely
The ones who slip away
I am the secret
The words we dare say
I am the promise I'm about to break...again

I am the leader
Who cannot find the way
I am the preacher
Who somehow lost the faith
I am the begger reaching out my hands...again

And I never saw you coming
I could never dream of running
I have never known such love before
My God, you come, come and breathe your breath in me
Steal away what's left of me
Til you are mine and I am yours

I am the lover with no one to hold
I am the seeker with an empty soul
I'm everyone who's ever lost hope

Fall like stars on my shore
Still you are so much more

P.S. I meant to add this to the 'I am thankful for.." thread, but messed up! It's here, now, so oh well!

Charity, great thread honey. I need to remember that right now. Bless the Lord for Psalm 91

Mel is that your puppy! SO CUTE!

Oh goodness, no- much as I LUV puppies; I have no clue how to make music videos!! :)

I'm not tech-crafty like talented Charity!

I'm more of a traditional, old-fashioned artist-type (oils, etc.. :)

Hope you day is a little better today, 2HH. I was thinking about you and your hubb and sending up prayers..

Well whoever owns that little one has a real cutie.

Yes Melanie today is a better day. The Lord has heard your prayers. Thank you so much.

Beautiful song: "Psalm 91" by Lincoln Brewster

Charity ~ Thank you for your childlikeness and yet maturity, your honesty, kind heart, loving words of encouragement, your compassion, and graciousness to all on RITA. I am always drawn to your posts that continually uplift the awesome wonder and Name of our Lord, which in turn continually uplifts our hearts. Thank you for your continued expressions of faith, hope and love that are more often than you know, just what is needed for the moment. Your heart is after the Lords, and your light is as a beacon to so many! Thank you for being you!

Kolleen, all I can say is, you are so welcome! I am amazed that the Lord would use me (flawed as I am) to make a difference in people's lives! I am truly humbled and honored. I desire to give glory to GOD and lift high His Name in everything I do.
And I am so pleased to know that this shows. I long to finally be completed in His righteousness, and I take comfort in the True words of our Lord, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, FOR THEY SHALL BE FILLED!"

As for the childlikeness, well, I have yet to think of myself as a bonafide "adult"...
so it comes natural (what you see is what you get). Now this can be seen as a
good thing or a not-so-good thing, depending on the situation. On RITA and in worship, it is a good thing, and for that I am grateful! God has been growing & maturing me, but sometimes I let the "childlikeness" slip into "childishness".

God bless you richly, dear sister Kollen. Thank you for your beautiful encouragement to me today. The Lord truly knows the needs of His children!

Love the Pics

Religious Myspace Comments

You are a blessing to me

Love you my Sister

Randy

Email: randyjan@windstream.net

Hey there No More MonSter, I love your new name!

You will soon be FREE FREE FREE from the MonSter FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!

lOVE yOU, Too, bRO

Oh I want to rest there FOREVER!!!!

Good subject for a stormy night! Love those pictures of protection under His wings and the song, "It Is Well With My Soul". God bless everyone tonight. Stay warm and dry, next to our Savior's side. VC

Charity,

Here I was just ready to turn in for the evening and I came across your thread...absolutely beautiful!!!

Loved the songs and the pictures...they were such a blessings. I was a wildlife artist so I love anything that has wildlife or any type of beautiful scenry.

I too have wept today...cannot put my finger on it...
I believe the Holy Spirit is moving mightly in our lives and also we know now by what the messages of today have brought us that we will soon be with Him and all of our love ones who have gone before us. I have to leave many of my loved ones behind, but I believe they will come around (they are saved but not ready)during the first half of the trib. Reading some of messages others have written this also holds true with them.

You are truly a blessing...thanks so much for the way you presented the pictures and music. I think we all have had some busy days and we will need that rest when we get up to our heavenly home....the river of life sounds inviting and some nice warm weather!!

Have a good rest. His blessings be with you and your family...Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

Thank you for this,this is soo beautiful,it made me cry shalom,Yes Amen,thanks to Yeshua(Jesus) it is well with my soul too,Amein we are going home to Abba!!

Charity,
This vessel did not see the wings.
But woke up one morning,seeing feathers fall from
the cealing.On to my bed.
Ps.91:4)He shall cover thee with his feathers,and under his wings shalt thou trust:his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Bless you for posting this,And the pictures.
Are outstanding.
Thank you,
Star

Ravished by His Love (Charity)

When I saw this picture, it hurt my heart.

It does every time I see pictures with His nail prints, because I know my sins put them there.

I forgot about this thread, but love it. Thanks for bumping it up, C. I definitely needed this today.

Virginia Arnke
I think we all have had some busy days and we will need that rest when we get up to our heavenly home....the river of life sounds inviting and some nice warm weather!!

AMEN, Virginia! I can't WAIT to jump back in. I know I'll be taking a running start & diving head first!!! I might even do a big belly flop. Breathing that water is so wonderful & cleansing.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com