Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Purim, Magog and the Rapture

i found this article while surfing several Christian websites, brings up some good points for considering next February for our rapture escape !

I do not know for sure if Purim, which falls on Feb 27-28, 2010, is prophetically significant. It does, however, have some intriguing parallels to the Gog-Magog War of Ezekiel 38-39. And the Gog-Magog War holds some interesting possibilities for us Rapture watchers. Consequently, I would like to share the following information and speculation.

Purim is celebrated on the 14th and 15th of the month of Adar, which is the final month of the Jewish religious year. It is based upon the events of the book of Esther and commemorates the deliverance of the Jews from genocide. The name Purim is derived from the Hebrew word for "lots." According to Esther, the evil Haman plotted to kill the Jews of Persia and cast lots to determine the best day to kill them.

The Gog-Magog War Connection

A while ago, someone on this site made a connection between the celebration of Purim and the timing of the Gog-Magog War of Ezekiel 38-39. I cannot remember the source, but I have since found others who have made similar connections.

But first, let me explain why the timing of the Gog-Magog War may even be relevant to us Rapture watchers.

The Rapture is a resurrection event that could be accompanied by a massive earthquake. In Scripture, earthquakes are connected to resurrections: Jesus in Matthew 27:50-51, some Old Testament Saints in Matthew 27:52, and the 2 Witnesses in Revelation 11:11-13. If this pattern holds true, then the Rapture of the Church will result in an earthquake of catastrophic proportions, because of the large number of people who will be resurrected.

Consequently, it is possible that one of the prophesized earthquakes of the Bible could be the earthquake that will accompany the Rapture. Although we are not given the exact timing of the Rapture, we may have been given clues from the accompanying earthquake.

I find the Gog-Magog War especially intriguing because it will include a massive earthquake. Although it begins in Israel, it will have a global impact. If this earthquake is also the Rapture earthquake, then the timing of the Gog-Magog War becomes very relevant to us.

Parallels between Purim and the Gog-Magog War

The most obvious parallel between Purim and the Gog-Magog War is that both have rulers that have set their minds upon killing all of the Jews. Both end up getting killed and the Jews are delivered from genocide.

The setting of the book of Esther is Persia – modern day Iran. The participants of the Gog-Magog War include Iran and the countries of the Persian Empire.

Quote from internet article "The Purim Connection" ("Notes on Revelation" from juchre.org): "Keep in mind that the Persian Empire in Esther’s day (around 484 B.C.) comprised all of Asia Minor, which includes modern day Turkey, Syria, Iran, Iraq, and the area between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. It also stretched over towards to Egypt and Libya. It’s interesting that many of these same countries will be allied with Gog when he attacks Israel (see Ezekiel 38:3-6)."

The place of Gog’s burial will be called Hamon Gog. See Ezekiel 39:15. "Hamon" means "horde." This could be a play on words or a pun for the name Haman. Haman, an Agagite (see Esther 3:1) was a descendant of King Agag. See 1 Samuel 15:20. The name Agag is a sound-alike word for the name Gog.

The bodies from the Gog-Magog War will be collected and buried for a period of seven (7) months. See Ezekiel 39:12. Purim falls on Adar 14-15. The Feast of Tabernacles begins on Tishri 15 – exactly seven months from Purim.

Purim is the one Jewish holiday during which the celebrants are encouraged to get drunk. After the Gog-Magog War, the birds and wild animals are told to feast on the dead bodies and to get drunk on the blood. See Ezekiel 39:17-19.

From Nisan to Adar

Many of us were hoping for the Rapture to occur last spring, during the Passover season. The 3 feasts of Passover, Unleavened Bread, and Firstfruits all occur in the month of Nisan.

Nisan is the first month of the Jewish religious calendar. God established this calendar at the time of the Exodus. "This month [Abib/Nisan] is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year." Exodus 12:2.

Adar is the twelfth or last month of the Jewish religious calendar.

According to Esther 3:7, Haman cast lots in the month of Nisan. However, action was not to be taken against the Jews until the 12th month – practically a full year later.

Could it be possible, then, that Adar 2010 will be prophetically significant? Will Purim, the last major holiday of the Jewish religious year, have a future role for Israel or the Church?

Jesus, Purim, and John 5

Some scholars believe that Jesus observed Purim in John 5:1: "Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for a feast of the Jews."

Quote from The Temple: Its Ministry and Services, Chapter 17 by Alfred Edersheim: "… Purim was never more than a popular festival. As such it was kept with great merriment and rejoicing, when friends and relations were wont to send presents to each other. There seems little doubt that this was the ‘feast of the Jews,’ to which the Saviour ‘went up to Jerusalem’ (John 5:1), when He healed the ‘impotent man’ at the Pool of Bethesda. For no other feast could have intervened between December (John 4:35) and the Passover (John 6:4), except that of the ‘Dedication of the Temple,’ and that is specially designated as such (John 10:22), and not simply as ‘a feast of the Jews.’

Quote from "Jesus Celebrated Purim" by Gordon Franz (from ldolphin.org): "Most people are unaware of this, but Jesus celebrated the feast of Purim! In John 5, the Lord Jesus is up in Jerusalem for an unnamed feast. Scholars have debated whether the feast was Passover, Purim, Succoth or even Pentecost (Bowman 1971). Some have objected to Purim because it is a "minor" feast and not one of the three "major" pilgrimage festivals (Deut. 16:16). That argument is irrelevant because Jesus also celebrated another "minor" holiday, Hanukkah (John 10:22; Franz 1998:25, 26). Chronologically, the only feast that makes sense is Purim in AD 28. The feast of John 5 fell on a Sabbath (5:9). The only feast day to fall on a Sabbath between AD 25 and AD 35 was Purim of AD 28 (Faulstich 1986). The Spirit of God intentionally left out the name of the feast because the Lord’s name was deliberately left out of the Book of Esther. In John 5, Jesus healed a man who had an infirmity for 38 years near the Pools of Bethesda (John 5:1-9). It is also the first time in His public ministry that He declared that "God was His Father, making Himself equal with God" (5:18). He also said that He was the "Son of God" (5:25) and the "Son of Man" (5:27).

If the events of John 5 occurred on Purim, then the passage takes on exciting prophetic overtones.

Jesus heals a man who has been an invalid for 38 years. This increment of 38 years connects us to the wilderness experience of the Israelites. According to Deuteronomy 2:14, the Israelites were in the wilderness for 38 years, from the point that they rebelled against the command to enter Canaan. It was only after this period of time that the Israelites were able to go into the Promised Land.

Jesus asks the invalid man if he wants to get well. He then tells him to get up and walk. Later, Jesus tells the Jews that he also has the power to raise the dead. "I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself." John 5:25-26.

In Ezekiel 37, the chapter that directly precedes the passages about the Gog-Magog War, we find the prophecy of the dry bones. We see that Israel will be re-gathered physically before God breathes spiritual life into her. Consequently, modern-day Israel is like an invalid – unable to get up and walk. She is waiting to receive the breath of life. "So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet – a vast army." Ezekiel 37:10.

Will Jesus revive Israel and resurrect the Church on a future Purim?

Name of God Hidden and Revealed

The book of Esther is known for being the only book of the Bible that does not have the name of God in it. In a figurative sense, God is hidden.

Purim, then, could be a fitting time for God to reveal Himself to His chosen people.

Presently, God has hidden His face from the Jews. But this situation is temporary. God’s purpose behind the Gog-Magog War is to make His presence known to the world – and, most importantly, to Israel. "I will display my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see the punishment I inflict and the hand I lay upon them. From that day forward the house of Israel will know that I am the Lord their God .... I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord." Ezekiel 39:21-22, 29.

God will also make His name known as a result of the Gog-Magog War. "I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel." Ezekiel 39:7.

It is interesting that in John 5, and possibly on Purim, Jesus revealed his true identity to the Jews:

"Jesus said to them, ‘My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.’ For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God." John 5:17-18.

Significantly, Jesus also connects Himself to the name of God: "I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him." John 5:43.

Conclusion

Regardless of when the Gog-Magog War occurs, I believe that it will represent the point when God will return His primary focus to the Jews

Purim 2010 may just be when God takes out of this world all saved believers in Jesus Christ, and begins His 7 years of Judgements to everyone else Left Behind

Re: Purim, Magog and the Rapture

George,

Thank you for this astute insight. Even more detail than
Daniel Matson gives in his book, Signs of the End.

This is actually the best fit for this that I've seen yet. And Daniel thinks so too.

God bless your study and research ... many happy returns!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18393109/Timeline-to-Tishrei-20175777

ps. looks as though we missed the Kislev 24 possible invasion event so on to the next one, Purim ...

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

February would sure fit the bible verse that says Jesus will come for us when we are least expecting Him

i did a search of past rapture watches, couldn't fine any that pointed to a February rapture

if it did happen sometime during Feb 2010, it sure would take everyone by surprise, cause by then every watcher will be looking for the rapture to happen over Passover

sometimes we have to think outside our little boxes, and a Feb 2010 rapture would be way outside the normal rapture watch timeframes

Glory,

there appears to be many possible Rapture dates prior to September 9th, 2010.

Most have to do with Jewish dates in History and it appears much calamity is forecast for 2010 prior to September 2010.

Read the history on the upcoming dates here
http://www.torah.org/learning/yomtov/calendar/5770.html

The rapture may occur before any of these dates or maybe during the event itself?

The Eze invasion will probably happen sometime prior to a November peace treaty in 2010 [Kislev 5771].

Glory09
February would sure fit the bible verse that says Jesus will come for us when we are least expecting Him.I did a search of past rapture watches, couldn't fine any that pointed to a February rapture.
If it did happen sometime during Feb 2010, it sure would take everyone by surprise, cause by then every watcher will be looking for the rapture to happen over Passover

John 4:35
Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? Behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

"....The Hebrew word "aviv", translated today as spring is mentioned twice in the Bible, both referring to a stage in the ripening of barley rather than a season.
The rains of March and April are known in Scripture as the "latter rains", which supplied nourishment to the barley and wheat crops before they are "white for harvest."
April. (Iyyar, barley harvest). This was called the month of flowers, and it was the greenest and considered the most beautiful of all the months. Many times during this month the dry desert winds would blow in for three days at a time, melting the snow, and quickening the vegetation. During this month the harvesting begins in the Jordan valley and on the coastal plain. The fruit trees are in blossom and show their young foliage. The peach, pomegranate, olive, and many more.
May. (Sivan, wheat harvest). During the month of May the heat magnifies and the rain ceases for about five months. Because of the change in landscape of this hot month Jesus may have drawn His analogy "the grass withers and the flowers fade away." Also in May the harvesting begins in the plains and the lands, the spring......."

I know many have looked to Rosh HaShanna for a possible rapture date , but I've always had an eye towards pentecost ....or , as it's known on the Hebrew calender , "Shavuot". 2010's shavout is on May 19-20. 4 months ( hebrew counting ) before that is February , the month that contains Purim .

1.- February

2.- March

3.- April

4.- May

Email: texlittlefield@gmail.com

pre-Purim, Magog and the Rapture

The Fast of the Tenth of Teves

[This year, 5770, falls on December 27, 2009. This could indicate something happening even before Purim?]

The Fast of the Tenth of Teves marks the day that Nevuzadran, the Babylonian general, laid siege to Jerusalem prior to the destruction of the first Holy Temple. The siege lasted almost three years until the city walls were breached and the Temple was destroyed. This was the beginning of a long line of disasters on the Jewish people, including the first exile, and the destruction of the second Temple.
This day is commemorated by refraining from eating or drinking from sunrise to nightfall.

The Fast of Esther - three days before Purim

The Fast of Esther this year occurs Feb. 25th, three days BEFORE Purim.

During the period of time between the destruction of the First Temple and the building of the Second Temple, the Jews came very close to being anihilated because of the evil scheming of Haman with the King of Persia, Achashverosh.

Because of the clandestine intervention of Hashem, using Queen Esther and her uncle Mordechai as His messengers, the Jews were spared, and instead the nation of Israel was able to avenge themselves against their enemies. In order to commemorate these miraculous turn of events, we celebrate Purim on the 14th of Adar (and in walled cities such as Jerusalem, on the 15th of Adar) with feasts, sending gifts of food to our friends and the needy, and with the reading of the Megilla, the story of Purim.

The Fast of Esther is held on the day before Purim. We fast the whole day in order to commemorate the fast that Esther fasted before she went before the King Achashverosh to plead for mercy for the Jews. On this day we remember the dire situation that the Jews were faced with in those days and many times throughout history.

One item of interest I noticed was that from November 8th, 2010; counting back 7 months you land on April 11th, 2010.

There would be 7 months burying dead bodies after the Eze invasion to transpire before the Tribulation peace treaty is signed.

April 11th is (Holocaust Remembrance Day)...

Yom HaShoah - This day, which was established to remember the Holocaust and the six million Jews who perished, is the anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising.

I'm seeing THIS CONFLICT COME TO A HEAD BEFORE THIS DATE

Scutters, i agree with you, once we arrive in to the New Year of 2010, the field is wide open for rapture date possibilities

Daniel Matson and Ron Reese are both looking for it to happen during the Fall Hebrew Festivals in 2010. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long into 2010

as i am sure everyone would agree on this forum, " the sooner the better "

Unless you guys (and gals) want to be here for the fireworks since ALL "Heaven" is about to break loose, I would concentrate on 2009.

Israel HAS TO attack Iran soon before Russia gives them the missile defense systems, maybe around this new moon on the 16th of December. Syria has joined with a pact of mutual protection with Iran and they will attack once Israel strikes Iran. That means Damascus will be leveled...as per the bible.

Prophecies of devestating happenings on Christmas in the US to bring terror to Americans. I wouldn't put it past the muslims using purchased nukes on our cities that day..in retaliation for the Jews destroying parts or Iran and Damascus.

Personally, I don't want to be around for ANY of this, so I'm concentrating on what the Lord has told most of those here on RITA...We're outta here very, very soon.

YBIC
Rich E

RichE : no problem, i am riding on the 2009 rapture bandwagon, for another 2 1/2 weeks. And should we all be here come Jan 1, 2010 then it will be time to jump onto the 2010 rapture bandwagon

and again, there's many good rapture date possiblities already proposed for 2010, i only hope it comes early in 2010

Glory09
RichE : no problem, i am riding on the 2009 rapture bandwagon, for another 2 1/2 weeks. And should we all be here come Jan 1, 2010 then it will be time to jump onto the 2010 rapture bandwagon

and again, there's many good rapture date possiblities already proposed for 2010, i only hope it comes early in 2010

Me too!

Hanukkah is still looking good to me! yes

oh, btw,

Ken Scamman emailed me today to tell me that he updated his web site.

check it out - very good!

http://www.tribulation2009.org/tribulation-scenario.php

link to, More Purim Possibilities

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22671253/July-19th-2010-9th-of-Av

Website: pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=0&cmd=search&searchby=user&searchfor=scuggers

Purim is definitely to be watched....and here's why.

Did you know??

Gulf War I ended (some say prematurely) actually stopped with a cease fire on Purim 1991? Operation Enduring Freedom (Gulf War II) began on Purim 2003?

Operation Enduring Freedom picked up where Gulf War I left off....all occurring on Purim.

The first Purim (also called the Feast of Esther) took place in ancient Persia with Haman bent on destroying the Jews.

Guess who's at the top of the news these days?

Either we all have tone deaf ears - OR - we've been totally deceived.

Visions/dreams/words like: The Glory will shine in 2009, October is not over, Middle of October, 5-6-7 Jesus, Jesus is coming in 20 days (1/1/10), On a Christian feast (New Years day, Feast of Epihany 1/6/10 - The twelfth day of Christmas), The turtle doves for Virginia, Christmas time dreams/visions for Ritarians and others.

I still do not want to dismiss any of these next few days before 2010...

Call me crazy but there were too many things shown for all of us to be wrong.

YBIC
Rich E.

Mark W- you bring up a good point for considering the end of February 2010 as a likely time for our rapture to happen, around the time of the Purim Festival

Rich...

I for one have a very difficult time just throwing away and starting from scratch what everyone has been receiving.

Charity...(I think it was yours) your 567Jesus happens again in January of this year. And didn't someone mention that in the Talmud, Rabbi Judah said that fall doesn't end until January 15th. And the Lord's calendar isn't our calendar. If so, then most everything that everyone has been given is still on the table so to speak.

After the 15th, AND we're still here, then we need to ask the Lord where we went wrong, or what's up??? Until then, we should be expecting our Bride to take us home. Yes???

Email: stevedebbie7484@yahoo.com

2010 is about to arrive, and with the New Year comes many possibilities for our rapture flight out of here

i like this thread discussion which points to the time around Purim, at the end of February 2010 as a candidate for both our rapture flight and God's Tribulation judgements to happen

Jim
2010 is about to arrive, and with the New Year comes many possibilities for our rapture flight out of here

i like this thread discussion which points to the time around Purim, at the end of February 2010 as a candidate for both our rapture flight and God's Tribulation judgements to happen

Jim,

Is it you brother?
Owner/author of "RAPTURE5770-5775.COM" ?

greetings Scutters, no i am not that Jim, i am just plain old rapture watching, Jesus loving, ready to go to our heavenly homes Jim

Mark W
Purim is definitely to be watched....and here's why.

Did you know??

Gulf War I ended (some say prematurely) actually stopped with a cease fire on Purim 1991? Operation Enduring Freedom (Gulf War II) began on Purim 2003?

Operation Enduring Freedom picked up where Gulf War I left off....all occurring on Purim.

The first Purim (also called the Feast of Esther) took place in ancient Persia with Haman bent on destroying the Jews.

Guess who's at the top of the news these days?

click here to find out WHY

Website: www.omegaletter.com/briefs/briefings.asp?BID=1761&SearchFor=tel_-_aviv

Adar 10 in history...

10th
Water swells on the earth in the days of Noah. Day 71. Genesis 7:24
Yocheved hides Moses after a 6 month and one day pregnancy - day 4.
The Children of Israel mourn for Moses for 30 days - day 3. Deuteronomy 34:8
The Children of Israel celebrate the inauguration of the Temple, day 8. Ezra
On this day in 5751 (1991) the allied forces attacked Iraq (Babylon).

This year Adar 10 falls on March 24th

and then Adar 14th in history...

14th Purim. The feast of Lots. Esther 9:14-21
Water swells on the earth in the days of Noah. Day 75. Genesis 7:24

Yocheved hides Moses after a 6 month and one day pregnancy - day 8.
The Children of Israel mourn for Moses for 30 days - day 7. Deuteronomy 34:8
Three hundred men of Susa are killed. Esther 9:15
The second, compelling acceptance of the Torah took place during the story of Purim.
The Children of Israel celebrate the inauguration of the Temple, day 12. Ezra
The gulf war ends. 29 scuds hit Israel with no fatalities. February 28, 1991
Stalin dies on March 5, 1953

This year Adar 14 lands on March 28th!!!

Adar 14 and 15 are key dates in Jewish history

March 29 - II Adar 14 - day 1 of 2 days of Purim (Esther 9:18)
March 30 - II Adar 15 - day 2 of 2 days of Purim (Esther 9:18)

Website: pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=0&cmd=search&searchby=user&searchfor=scuggers

Humm... this is only 4 days away!

Can you imagine the validity it will give the conjunction calendar method IF anything even remotely close to this happens?!

Scuggers
Adar 10 in history...

10th
Water swells on the earth in the days of Noah. Day 71. Genesis 7:24
Yocheved hides Moses after a 6 month and one day pregnancy - day 4.
The Children of Israel mourn for Moses for 30 days - day 3. Deuteronomy 34:8
The Children of Israel celebrate the inauguration of the Temple, day 8. Ezra
On this day in 5751 (1991) the allied forces attacked Iraq (Babylon).

This year Adar 10 falls on March 24th

and then Adar 14th in history...

14th Purim. The feast of Lots. Esther 9:14-21
Water swells on the earth in the days of Noah. Day 75. Genesis 7:24

Yocheved hides Moses after a 6 month and one day pregnancy - day 8.
The Children of Israel mourn for Moses for 30 days - day 7. Deuteronomy 34:8
Three hundred men of Susa are killed. Esther 9:15
The second, compelling acceptance of the Torah took place during the story of Purim.
The Children of Israel celebrate the inauguration of the Temple, day 12. Ezra
The gulf war ends. 29 scuds hit Israel with no fatalities. February 28, 1991
Stalin dies on March 5, 1953

This year Adar 14 lands on March 28th!!!

Adar 14 and 15 are key dates in Jewish history

March 29 - II Adar 14 - day 1 of 2 days of Purim (Esther 9:18)
March 30 - II Adar 15 - day 2 of 2 days of Purim (Esther 9:18)

What is a Conjuction Calendar

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com