Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
update on my daddy 1/30

First, I have a HUGE praise. Jesus was really able to use me to minister to my mom last weekend, over the phone. All the hurt I had just melted away and I was able to give her WORDS of peace and encouragement!Really, ALL Glory goes to the LORD. He truly answered all our prayers there and then some, RITA!

Second, my daddy's cancer is in his lungs, bladder, and the tumor they were able to biopsy two weeks ago, in his lower abdomen.

The PET scan, last Monday, showed the lung cancer. His lungs are still full of blood clots that will take three to six months to dissolve. So that impedes aggressive chemo treatment, as they do not want to dislodge any clots.

Thursday, they put in a port, in preparation for the chemo treatment and any blood work -- as blood has to be checked about once a week while he is on coumadin.

Friday was to be the biopsy on the bladder and prostate, but that could not be done as blood was too thin.

Today, Saturday, he goes for another blood test and hopefully Monday he will have the biopsy done. Then
he starts Chemo on Wednesday, Feb. 3.

My daddy has a "What is, is" attitude and last night, when we spoke, he said he is in NO pain whatsoever!! He also told me he never was much for praying at night until the last couple of weeks and now he prays all night every night! It gave me SOOOOO MUCH hope!! I admit that my prayer has been, "Oh LORD, please don't take my daddy unless he is born-again saved."

Please know I have checked into RITA a few times over the past week and have been praying for as many prayer requests as I saw posted, I just didn't reply to the threads. And, Melanie, I was so happy to read about Elijah asking Jesus into his precious little heart!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I will have to say that has to be the brightest part of January 2010.

Under the Shadow of the ALMIGHTY,
Ruth

Re: update on my daddy 1/30

Ruth, you guys have certainly been through a lot. Thank goodness you have a strong and caring Savior to carry you through. Your father, mother and you are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you sister.

Dear sister Ruth,

I so know what you're going through, and my heart goes out to you.

I am going to pray for a miracle in your father's health, and that the Lord heals him of his cancer completely. And I am going to especially pray for his salvation. Just to encourage you, I prayed for my mother's salvation for years and years, and 3 months before she passed away, the Lord miraculiously saved her! She was 86 years old. With God, nothing is impossible.

I rejoice that the Lord helped you comfort and encourage your mother over the phone. He does that so much, by showing us that He is with us in the midst of our pain. And I'm glad to hear that your father has a "what will be will be" mindset instead of being fearful. And praise the Lord that he is in no pain! It must be a relief to see him stand strong in this trial.

I pray that the Lord continues to hold you up during this difficult time.

Love you, dear sister!!!

Dearest Ruth - I will keep you and your parents in my prayers. I know how difficult it is to have sick parents, I have lost both of mine now to cancer, only the loving grace of my Lord Jesus Christ got me thru it. I know the Lord will keep you and your parents in his loving arms. Love you Ruth! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Dear Ruth, I am praying with you for the cancer to wither and die and for your dad to have abundant health and live every day that God has written in His book for him.

I am praying for a miracle for my friend Vicki who has cancer and I am pasting in the verses Charity gave me to pray over her for you and your dad:

Verses to speak over your dad:

Psalm 103:3
Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.

Psalm 107:20
He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.

Psalm 118:17
I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 53:4-5
Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Isaiah 58:8
Then your light shall break forth like the dawn,
and healing shall spring up quickly.

Matthew 8:2-3
A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.

Matthew 8:17
This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases."

Matthew 18:18-19
"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Mark 5:34
"Daughter your faith has made you well, go in peace,
And be Healed of your disease."

Mark 11:23-24
"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Romans 8:11
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

Philippians 2:13
...for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

James 5:14-15
Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

I Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

I John 3:21-22
Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

3 John 2
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

Email: sarmstrong2007@yahoo.com

Dear Ruthie - I'm so sorry your daddy as well as you and your whole family are going through this - it is one of the most difficult times anyone has to go through in life, but knowinig your daddy is in relationship with Jesus now, has to give you the greatest comfort. And it sounds as if the Holy Spirit is seeing to it that your prayers are answered regarding your mom's salvation too. Praying for your strength and peace dear one in this difficult time. And that our all knowing and all loving Father's will be done. Blessings to you dear Ruth.

Ruth, . . I'm sorry to hear this about your daddy. I wish we could all surround you , with hugs right there where you are

. . through this, for sure, Jesus is covering you, and is holding close to Him your daddy . . . . . we're in prayer for your family sweet sister, praying to our God Who loves you and your daddy . .

and we love you, too, Ruth . .

Ruth

My sister I love you and will continue to pray for you and the entire situation. What a blessing to know that your Dad is praying.

Love ybiC / Paul

Ruth
First, I have a HUGE praise. Jesus was really able to use me to minister to my mom last weekend, over the phone. All the hurt I had just melted away and I was able to give her WORDS of peace and encouragement!Really, ALL Glory goes to the LORD. He truly answered all our prayers there and then some, RITA!

Second, my daddy's cancer is in his lungs, bladder, and the tumor they were able to biopsy two weeks ago, in his lower abdomen.

The PET scan, last Monday, showed the lung cancer. His lungs are still full of blood clots that will take three to six months to dissolve. So that impedes aggressive chemo treatment, as they do not want to dislodge any clots.

Thursday, they put in a port, in preparation for the chemo treatment and any blood work -- as blood has to be checked about once a week while he is on coumadin.

Friday was to be the biopsy on the bladder and prostate, but that could not be done as blood was too thin.

Today, Saturday, he goes for another blood test and hopefully Monday he will have the biopsy done. Then
he starts Chemo on Wednesday, Feb. 3.

My daddy has a "What is, is" attitude and last night, when we spoke, he said he is in NO pain whatsoever!! He also told me he never was much for praying at night until the last couple of weeks and now he prays all night every night! It gave me SOOOOO MUCH hope!! I admit that my prayer has been, "Oh LORD, please don't take my daddy unless he is born-again saved."

Please know I have checked into RITA a few times over the past week and have been praying for as many prayer requests as I saw posted, I just didn't reply to the threads. And, Melanie, I was so happy to read about Elijah asking Jesus into his precious little heart!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I will have to say that has to be the brightest part of January 2010.

Under the Shadow of the ALMIGHTY,
Ruth

Dear Ruth,

I have so missed your sweet presence on RITA this past month or so- so glad you have been checking in when you can!

I pray that you will be strengthened in spirit as you minister to your parents in word and deed throughout this ordeal. To God be the glory!

Thank you for sharing in our joy of Elijah's new heart! It's such a blessing for me to be able to uplift and encourage through him to those here in such trials and trying situations in these last days! I know how much these little stories of Elijah and Shiloh bring a spot of sunshine to my ill Grandmother, also, and that is what I think if when I post them here, too.

It's bedtime!

I have been thinking and praying for your dad since you first posted also- oftentimes lately I do so without having a chance to post to let the person know they are in my prayers!

Love,
Melanie

Ruth, praying for you and your family. So glad your daddy is finding peace with God.

AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!! HE IS GOOD!!!

Ruth:

Haven't heard from you in some time and am concerned for you, your father and rest of your family. Hope I haven't missed something.

I imagine you all are very busy caring for your dad and making the most of your time together. I miss your caring posts and shall lift you and yours up to the Father who carries us when times get rough.

I wish I could have him here so I could pray over him with my annointed cloth. It healed my dad of cancer last year because it has the manchild spirit of Revelation in it.

Email: run_coulby@yahoo.com

Ruth,
So good to hear from you. Will continue to hold you and your loved ones up in prayer.

Ruth, so good to hear from you.

I am not usually on as much as I was with work now
but have hoped I'd get to hear back from you.

I feel so good in my spirit about your parents
salvations and whatever it takes to get us to heaven
and saved from hell is worth it a million times over.

I am so thankful your Dad is praying that I could cry.

Whether I am here or not, or you are here or not, please know how I love you and am lifting you and your parents in prayer and standing with you for your dads healing.

God bless you and yours in measure you can not contain.

I'm so glad New Creation went looking for you Ruthie - we haven't heard from you in a while, hope your daddy is feeling better and your mom is finding peace - we miss you Ruth - and we REALLY hope to see you soon - hope you're okay.

Ruth, I am praying for your Daddy that he will be completley healed. That the Lord will send His word and heal him. I am also praying for salvation, that he will be born again of the water and the spirit.I plead your blood Jesus over her Daddy right now and put your angels around him. Give the Doctors wisdom, guidance and discernment and Lord, make your presense ever so real to Ruth's Daddy. Your word 'says there is nothing to hard for Me".Speak peace and comfort to his family.

Thank you for what you are doing and what you are going to do...In Jesus name, amen.

HIS BLESSINGS UPON YOU....Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com