Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Has This Ever Happened To You...

I woke up around 1:00 a.m. to the most wonderful aroma! In fact, the longer I laid in my bed, the stronger the scent. It smelled like...umm...homemade bread? Maybe? With a trace of cinnamon, I think. It was some wonderful spicy scent. It's hard to identify, but it was such a wonderful smell that I got up to see if anyone had been downstairs in the kitchen cooking something or toasting something. But, alas! No one was up...all were asleep, except me.

Do you think it could be the aroma of heaven and God is giving me a glimpse of the heavenly banquet? Oh, I sure do hope so!

Re: Has This Ever Happened To You...

Rhonda, yes that has happened to me before. I have smelled bread baking, fresh roses and lillies near by and once during a special prayer time at church I went out in the foyer for something and it smelled like someone had broken and spilled a case of wine in there. All those scents have heavenly connections - Jesus is the Bread of Life, table of shew bread in the temple holy place, Jesus is the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley, and Wine represents communion. So, I agree you are receiving a little scent of heaven.

Oh My Goodness, Rhonda, this just happened to me last week! I smelled delicious honey wheat bread baking in our home at night while I was sleeping.... then I woke up and was excited because I thought my hubby had baked some bread in our bread machine for me (he does this a lot!)... Woke up and alas! Not this time! I asked him if he had made toast late last night or something and he said no.... hmmm!!??

YES!!! It did smell like honey wheat bread, but not exactly, because I make honey wheat bread in my bread machine a lot. But that's really as close to the scent as I can describe. It was just wonderful.

You said you just smelled it last week? Do you think, Melanie, that He is giving us just a little bit of heaven to keep us going? Our family has been under INTENSE spiritual attack this past couple of weeks, so this would definitely be a great encourager for me.

Hope you and yours are feeling well. I know you are still dealing with the loss of your grandma. I understand, honey. Lovya, Rhonda

Rhonda, I hadn't thought of the heavenly glimpse in all this till you posted; but I truly cannot think of a more heavenly, comforting, sustaining, nurturing scent than home-baked bread... I know there was no natural explaination for this in our home at that time, so I DO believe it was the Lord! He IS the Bread of Life! And how neat that I had just suggested John 6:47-51 to read at my grandma's service!!! Perhaps He was just giving me a little foreshadowing comfort; He goes before us!

Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear about all the trials your family is facing lately. I tell ya, I am SICK and TIRED of hearing about all these attacks by the enemy on GOD'S CHILDREN. I bind Satan and His evil plan over your family, In Jesus Name. I pray for Jesus' blood over each member and His supernatural protection and peace. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

Is there anything I can pray for you, Dear Sweet Rhonda? It would be a privledge to take your cares to Jesus.

I love you! Melanie

Oh, sweet, sweet Melanie, with all you're going through, how do you have time to think of others as you do? Even my own church family hasn't offered to pray for me or for my protection because of these spiritual attacks; only you, Melanie, and other RITA members. These started BIG TIME when I confronted the demon in the 12-1/2 year old boy a couple of weeks ago. At that time, I knew I would be hit with spiritual attacks, but, quite honestly, I was naive and didn't think the attacks would come from my church family! Oh, well. Whatever happens to me happens for my good, right? (Romans 8:28).

Thank you, Melanie, for offering to pray for me. We sure could use it right now. My husband and son are sick, I've been chastised (wrongly) at church (but this turned out to be a VERY GOOD THING), and I'm sure satan isn't done yet with his onslaught (in fact, we can be certain of it!). But a little breathing space right now would be a good thing :)

I love you, my dear, sweet sister!

Yes. It's beautiful when it does, isn't it? Usually happens for me during heavy prayer or worship time.

I understand about the attacks from other believers lately — note my avatar (icon).

My dad used to call that "spiritual pride" — where people think they have all the keys to the kingdom that no one else does because of their latest "revelation". People with the gift of prophecy are usually the worst because it can be very destructive if not kept under authority. Many "prophets" don't like to be under authority for that reason, & end up like wild mustangs running from church to church (& from message board to message board online these days). For some reason, they seem to forget at times that all wisdom comes from God & these are gifts FROM Him.

Oh, well... hang in there, sweet Rhonda. The enemy only attacks those who threaten him. You wouldn't be in the cross hairs if you weren't a threat, & doing something to advance God's kingdom.

It's been a few years now since I have had that experience, but the smell that I sensed was some kind of flower smell..

It really smelled good, and while it it was happening, I thought that it must be coming from above.

Joseph

Oh My, Rhonda! I ran off to find you a scripture, but then Shiloh cried and needed nursing, so laid down in bed to nurse him and Elijah climbed up next to us, then before you know it, we dozed off into a nice little nap! Ahhh... that feels good!

I originally thought of II Corinthians, but then kept looking around...but kept coming back to this one, so I pray that it does minister to you! I just love the Word; thank you Lord. Keeping you in my prayers, Rhonda.

The God of All Comfort

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

8We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. 9Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on oura behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

YES! Rhonda, this has happened to me too, although several years ago, not long after my mother died. I smelled a flowery aroma, not sure which flower though. It didn't last real long. I was baffled, as I had no fresh flowers in the house. I don't use air fresheners of any type because I am asthmatic. Then I read about the aroma of the Lord. Had to be what it was, but haven't had that experience again.

Email: dennettefarr@verizon.net

Greetings precious Sister Melanie...

Bind the spirits of retaliation, backlash, revenge, and recrimination in JESUS name. I've been through
many attacks myself, especially the last 2 yrs, because of praying much in the spirit, worship, intercession & reaching out to the lost whenever the opportunity would present itself. I was about at wits end & asked The Father for more strategies against Satan & his hosts because the strategies I've used before just weren't working! Shortly after that, the Holy Spirit revealed to my prayer partner (lady in her mid 70's & on fire for GOD...a powerful prayer warrior)that we needed to bind these spirits I just mentioned above. I immediately put that into operation! I don't waste time when it comes to Satan! When I started including these spirits when I bind many others, the attacks seemed to end! In addition, I daily & boldly declare, 'No weapon that is formed against me or anyone, or anything connected with my life shall prosper!' Isaiah 54:17. Plus, I also ask The Father to immerse myself, everyone & everything in the BLOOD OF JESUS for a DIVINE hedge of protection. Satan & his hosts RUN from the BLOOD that defeated them at the cross! It's a powerful weapon of warfare against them!GLORY!

Satan & his hosts are pulling out all stops in these last hours that remain, as they know their time is VERY SHORT & getting shorter! However, greater is HE (JESUS) WHO is in us than he (satan & his hosts)
that is in the world. I John 4:4

Be greatly blessed.

From HIS Heart

Teresa

Email: frmHIShrt@ca.rr.com

Teresa
Greetings precious Sister Melanie...

Bind the spirits of retaliation, backlash, revenge, and recrimination in JESUS name. I've been through
many attacks myself, especially the last 2 yrs, because of praying much in the spirit, worship, intercession & reaching out to the lost whenever the opportunity would present itself. I was about at wits end & asked The Father for more strategies against Satan & his hosts because the strategies I've used before just weren't working! Shortly after that, the Holy Spirit revealed to my prayer partner (lady in her mid 70's & on fire for GOD...a powerful prayer warrior)that we needed to bind these spirits I just mentioned above. I immediately put that into operation! I don't waste time when it comes to Satan! When I started including these spirits when I bind many others, the attacks seemed to end! In addition, I daily & boldly declare, 'No weapon that is formed against me or anyone, or anything connected with my life shall prosper!' Isaiah 54:17. Plus, I also ask The Father to immerse myself, everyone & everything in the BLOOD OF JESUS for a DIVINE hedge of protection. Satan & his hosts RUN from the BLOOD that defeated them at the cross! It's a powerful weapon of warfare against them!GLORY!

Satan & his hosts are pulling out all stops in these last hours that remain, as they know their time is VERY SHORT & getting shorter! However, greater is HE (JESUS) WHO is in us than he (satan & his hosts)

Be greatly blessed.

From HIS Heart

Teresa

Dear Teresa,

I do believe you meant your message as a reply to Rhonda, with all she is battling right now. However, I see that you typed my name. I have to tell you that I believe that the Lord had you type my name, even though you meant to speak with Rhonda.

The Lord has been speaking to me of intercessory prayer and just last week our sister in the Lord, Sabrina, graciously gave me some pointers in how to do so... one of the things she mentioned was binding Satan. I had never done this before, nor knew how to really go about it. I see this is the very topic of your post! I know this is from the Lord!

I can see His calling me in this area- intercessory prayer-as very pressing. Thank you for this message and I pray Rhonda is blessed by it as well!

Thank you!
Melanie

Sorry about that Melanie :) Yes, I did mean the message for Rhonda. Throughout my walk with HIM, I've been led by the Holy Spirit many times to go in a direction I had not intended on going i.e. driving to a huge thrift store to look for clothes, when I suddenly found myself turning around & heading back to a very tiny, one-room, thrift store that I just passed by. It turns out that angels were waiting for me to witness to the lady owner there and she knew that GOD had sent me to her. I ended up staying there hours until she closed. Hardly any people came the entire time I was there. Although I did not make the other store as I originally planned, I had such great joy knowing that a precious soul was ministered to. It's vitally important that we live yielded to HIS precious Holy Spirit & at a moments notice, be willing to move in a different direction than what we planned. DADDY knows what's best :)

Love 'ya

From HIS Heart

Teresa

Rhonda
Oh, sweet, sweet Melanie, with all you're going through, how do you have time to think of others as you do? Even my own church family hasn't offered to pray for me or for my protection because of these spiritual attacks; only you, Melanie, and other RITA members. These started BIG TIME when I confronted the demon in the 12-1/2 year old boy a couple of weeks ago. At that time, I knew I would be hit with spiritual attacks, but, quite honestly, I was naive and didn't think the attacks would come from my church family! Oh, well. Whatever happens to me happens for my good, right? (Romans 8:28).

Thank you, Melanie, for offering to pray for me. We sure could use it right now. My husband and son are sick, I've been chastised (wrongly) at church (but this turned out to be a VERY GOOD THING), and I'm sure satan isn't done yet with his onslaught (in fact, we can be certain of it!). But a little breathing space right now would be a good thing :)

I love you, my dear, sweet sister!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings precious Sister Rhonda...

I had originally addressed this to Melanie, however, I am reposting it to you because I want to be sure you get this vital information that the precious Holy Spirit had me type for you. I endeavor to be led by the Holy Spirit when responding to a post. I read most every post, praying for those with needs, but when I read your post today, I had a 'big time' pull in my spirit to get this to you...or really to anyone who needs to hear it.

Be greatly blessed.

From HIS Heart

Teresa

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com