Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CHRIST'S BRIDE IN HEAVEN

by: Thomas Ice

. . ."In conjunction with the bema judgment, Revelation 19:7-10 pictures the church as a bride who has been made ready for marriage (with "fine linen," which represents "the righteous acts of the saints") to her groom (Christ).

The bride has already been clothed in preparation for her return at the second coming with Christ to the earth (Rev. 19:11-18).

It follows that the church would already have to be complete and in heaven (because of the pre-trib rapture) in order to have been prepared in the way that Revelation 19 describes.

This requires an interval of time which pre-tribulationism handles well.

Apparently the bride's preparation and the bema judgment are different illustrations of the same event.

The bema focuses on the process of judgment, while the bride pictures the results.

Dr. Ed Hindson explains:

Whatever view one holds in regard to our Lord's return, one thing is clear in prophetic Scripture, the marriage occurs in heaven (Rev. 19:7-9) before the triumphal return of Christ with His redeemed church at His side (Rev. 19:11-16).

Non-pre-tribulationists are at a virtual loss to explain how the church got to heaven prior to returning with Christ at the battle of Armageddon.

At best, some suggest they are "caught up" after the Tribulation only to return immediately with the Lord. This arrangement, however, leaves little or no time for the wedding!

THE 24 ELDERS IN HEAVEN

The 24 elders of Revelation 4:1-5:14 are best understood as representative of the church. Dr. Charles Ryrie explains:

In the New Testament, elders as the highest officials in the church do represent the whole church (cf. Acts 15:6; 20:28), and in the Old Testament, twenty-four elders were appointed by King David to represent the entire Levitical priesthood (I Chron. 24).

When those twenty-four elders met together in the temple precincts in Jerusalem, the entire priestly house was represented. Thus it seems more likely that the elders represent redeemed human beings, . . . the church is included

and is thus in heaven before the tribulation begins.

If these elders refer to the church, then it would mean at least two things:

1) It would necessitate the rapture and reward of the church before the tribulation and would require a chronological gap for them to perform their heavenly duties during the seven-year tribulation.

2) It would also show that the completed church was already in heaven before events of the tribulation begin.

A gap of time is needed after God completes His program with the church, so that He may conclude His plans for Israel.

Only an interval of seven years, as postulated by pre-tribulationists, can God's program be harmonized in a non-conflicting manner.

The pre-tribulational rapture of the church fulfills a biblical need to not only see a distinction between the translation of church-age saints at the rapture, before the second coming,

but it also handles without difficulty the necessity of a time-gap which harmonizes a number of future biblical events.

This requirement of a seven-year gap of time adds support to the likelihood that pre-tribulationism best reflects the biblical point of view.

Re: CHRIST'S BRIDE IN HEAVEN

Good post, Donna..

I agree with everything here..

Also one might look at the Church age as a mystery beginning and will end in a mysterious way as well.

It just started and it will just end. We call that period of time "Grace"...

I look at it as a "VERY" special time where anyone can come to the family of God thru his Son, Jesus..

When the door is shut, then some really strange things are going to start happening upon earth that people never have seen before..

When this evil one makes his appearance he will deceive the whole world.. This is the "EVIL ONE" that the Restrainer is hindering now. (2Thes2:7-8)

Joseph

RJ

When the evil one appears he will not appear evil - he will appear to be the kindest, most loving and understanding person ever - Anti can mean "IN PLACE OF" or "SUBSTITUTE" as well as opposition. People are looking for the antichrist to be Mr. Evil incorporated and he is, but he has the ability to transform himself into a being of light. That is why he will fool so many people. That is the danger - he will seem like the real deal.

Donna,

This is a great line from Thomas Ice: "Non-pre-tribulationists are at a virtual loss to explain how the church got to heaven prior to returning with Christ at the battle of Armageddon."

Texas Sue, I have to disagree that he will appear kind because he is going to be chopping off peoples heads that don't agree with him.

I think he is going to appear to be in control of things and that people will be afraid to do anything but submit to this guy, except for those that do get saved.

I really think he will take over by fear not kindness, that and the fact that he controls all of the resources.

Donna,
Here is an excerpt from Roland Buck's "Angels On Assignment" where he talks about what will happen after the rapture at the "Bema Judgment Seat" for the believers:
(quote0
If you have been deceived into believing that on that glorious day of judgment a lot of condemnation is going to be brought against you, I have good news for you! It simply will not happen that way. It's going to be a BEAUTIFUL day when, instead of judgmental condemnation, God says, "THANKS!"

Christ is our foundation. Nothing can move him. Your faith and trust in Jesus puts you on a foundation that can never be destroyed. God tells us that all we have done which is like Jesus will be permanent and lasting.

The things of this life are going to pass away on that great judgment day, but to the believer it will be a time of great reward where God brings praise to his people. There is not going to be a person present at this believers' judgment who will hear one harsh word of condemnation, because Jesus has already paid our penalty through his death.....

This day is special to God. It is a day that he has looked forward to for a long time. This is the day Paul talked about when he said he knew he could trust God to keep those things which he had committed to him against that day! He continues in 1 Corinthians 4:5 where he says, "Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have PRAISE OF GOD!" "At that time God will give to each one whatever praise is coming to him" (TLB).

Every person is going to hear those words, "Thank you, thank you! You did a good job." Some people do more than others, but EVERYBODY there will have praise of God.

"Then shall EVERY man have praise of God." The apostle Paul said that the day was going to declare it. All the beautiful things God has written down for you are going to be known on that glorious day. God doesn't do things that aren't important, so think what it will mean to him when he takes your hand as you stand before him, looks you in the eye, and says "Thanks! Thanks for all those things you did for me!" Every Christian is going to hear those words, "Thank you! You did a good job!"

Melissa
Texas Sue, I have to disagree that he will appear kind because he is going to be chopping off peoples heads that don't agree with him.

I think he is going to appear to be in control of things and that people will be afraid to do anything but submit to this guy, except for those that do get saved.

I really think he will take over by fear not kindness, that and the fact that he controls all of the resources.

Melissa, probably kind is not a good description, however he will be the end-all, be-all to those who are fooled by him. At the first he will be dazzling, glittering and glorious to the masses. Look at what happened in this last election with Obama!

Only after he is in power will his real nature be revealed. Even then the ones who are as wicked as he will adhere and worship him. The ones who are taken in by him will think they are doing "god" a favor by killing and chopping off the heads of anyone who opposes their beloved leader. They are totally deceived by him and I believe this is the strong delusion to which Paul was referring in his writings.

Sue, That certainly sounds similar to the extreme Muslim mindset that the terrorists have, thinking that killing people is OK to further their religion.

How true, RJ . . This is the Age of Grace .

no one has a clue what the Tribulation will be like . . it baffles me that anyone on earth BELIEVES they're experiencing the Day of the LORD right now, a time when Jesus said it would be like no other time ever on earth nor ever shall be again . . amazing!!

Taking hold of the blessed assurance, the catching away for those trusting God's Amazing Grace in this church age, . . . PRAISE GOD FOR THIS ERA OF MERCY JESUS nearly completing His church comforted in CHRIST's Saving Grace!!

It does makes sense, doesn't it, T/Sue, when studying the chronology of our Lord's return according to the Prophetic Word, that the Tribulation does not deal with the Church at all, but deals with the purification of Israel.

. . Too, it makes perfect sense, I think, that the COMPLETE church (not disembodied), the Bride of Christ, would be among the ten thousands times ten thousands in Heaven witnessing the Opening of the Scrolls.

If the present Church were not there complete, the total count in attendance would be INCOMPLETE, making a disembodied church.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com