<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"Are All Christians Going in The Rapture " ???

Reese (15 Dec 2008)
"Are ALL Christians Going in the Rapture??? Are You SURE You Are Ready???"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems to be one of the hot topics on 5 Doves recently, so I feel it is time that I forward one of my tracts to you that I wrote about 12 years ago, with several hundred thousand in circulation. For those of you who believe that ALL Christians will be taken in the Rapture, I hope and pray that you are right. On the other hand, if one believes that way, and feels no need to change his backslidden, lukewarm, compromising, unwatchful, worldly, or fence-straddling ways, WOE BE UNTO HIM, if he suddenly finds the Rapture happened and he was left behind.

Isn't it much safer to get as close to the Lord as we can in these VERY LAST DAYS? Is there any negative in doing that??? It is much safer and wiser to believe that all Christians are NOT going in the Rapture. Not only safer and wiser, but I believe MORE SCRIPTURAL, also. Following is the tract that I wrote:

ARE ALL CHRISTIANS GOING IN THE RAPTURE??? ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE READY/???

Are All Christians going in the Rapture? If, at some point in your life, you have asked Jesus Christ into your life to become your personal Lord and Saviour, does this GUARANTEE that you are going in the Rapture? All signs point to the END OF THE AGE VERY SOON, SO THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION YOU COULD ASK YOURSELF IS, "AM I READY FOR THE RAPTURE?"

Before we go any further, let's clarify what the RAPTURE is. I Thessalonians 4:16-17 says, "For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

The Rapture is the GREAT ESCAPE from the horrendous 7-year Tribulation period that is SOON to come on ALL THE WORLD! It is for a body of born-again believers in Jesus Christ. The question is IS THE RAPTURE FOR ALL CHRISTIANS?

It is probably safe to say that a majority of Chlristians reading this tract would say "YES". We are NOT addressing the issue of salvation, or "once saved, always saved," or "eternal security". For those of you who answered "Yes", CAN YOU FIND EVEN ONE SCRIPTURE THAT GUARANTEES THAT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE GOING IN THE RAPTURE?

Just because you have alsays believed something, or your Pastor believes it, or your church teaches it, DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE! IT MUST BE BASED ON THE WORD OF GOD! It is our fervent desire that ALL CHRISTIANS are going in the Rapture. If ALL CHRISTIANS are going in the Rapture, we have lost nothing by drawing closer to the Lord to prepare for His Soon Return. If, on the other hand, we have a false sense of security regarding our readiness for the Rapture and we ignore the Lord's warnings to GET OUR HEARTS RIGHT WITH HIM BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, we have a TREMENDOUS amount to lose. Just read the Book of Revelation!

"Lord, your Word is awesome. Lord, your Word is powerful. Lord, your Word is sharper than any two-edged sword. Lord, use the convicting power of the word of the Living God and the convicting power of your mighty Holy Spirit to reveal to every one of us the Truth from your Word. If the message of this tract is not true, then cause it to have no effect on the hearts of those reading it. If, however, the message from your Word IS true, we ask you to release an outpouring of your Holy Spirit on Christians everywhere. For those who are not spiritually ready, cut to the very bottom of their heart and REMOVE THAT FALSE SENSE OF SECUITTY IN THE NAME OF JESUS! AMEN."

Your opinion and my opinion do not matter. What you have been taught does not matter. WHAT DOES THE WORD OF GOD SAY? This is ALL that really matters. The remainder of this tract will be WARNINGS DIRECTLY FROM THE WORD OF GOD CONCERNING YOUR READINESS FOR THE RAPTURE! (If YOU are ready, that's wonderful, but how about your family, your friends, and those who sit in the church pews around you?)

In Luke 21, the whole chapter is discussing the End of the Age and the Second Coming of Christ. In verses 34-36, JESUS GIVES AN OMINOUS WARNING TO ALL CHRISTIANS, "and TAKE HEED TO YOURSELVES, lest at any time YOUR HEARTS be over-charged with surfeiting (partying), and drunkenness, AND CARES OF THIS LIFE, and so THAT DAY COME UPON YOU UNAWARES. For as a snare (trap) shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth, WATCH YE, therefore, AND PRAY ALWAYS, THAT YE MAY BE ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE ALL these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the son of man (Jesus)."

If ALL Christians were going to take part in this GREAT ESCAPE, WHY WOULD JESUS GIVE SUCH A STERN AND OMINOUS WARNING TO THE END-TIME CHRISTIAN??? This is DEFINITELY a very PERSONAL WARNING for each of us. The subject matter can be nothing but the Tribulation hour and the Rapture. Jesus says to pray always. Surely, Jesus knows that a non-Christian cannot be in an attitude of constant prayer. Surely, non-Christians are not expected to be LOOKING FOR THAT DAY and WATCHING for signs of His Soon Return.

Jesus is continuously talking to HIS FOLLOWERS throughout this chapter. Jesus says to TAKE HEED TO YOURSELF, He is addressing YOUR HEART and He is constantly personalizing this message to YOU, to YE, THE CHRISTIAN! ARE YOU LISTENING? ARE YOU READY?

What can we do, as Christians, to be found WORTHY of the Lord's GREAT ESCAPE, THE RAPTURE? Jesus tells us to be in a constant attitude of prayer. Become so close to the Lord that you can talk with Him about anything. Pray that the Lord would reveal to YOU anything in your life that might keep you from being ready for the Rapture. Then you need to act upon that which the Lord shows you to do.

In this passage, the Lord strongly encourages us to be WATCHING for the SIGNS of His Soon Return, so that we would not be UNAWARE of the approximate time of His Return. Jesus said we could KNOW when His Return was NEAR, EVEN AT THE DOORS! ALL SIGNS NOW CONFIRM TO US THAT HIS COMING IS AT THE DOOR!!!

If you do not have this firm conviction in your heart that our Lord's Return is AT THE DOOR, it is probably because you have not been WATCHING for signs as He continuously admonishes us to do over and over again in the New Testament (Read Mark 13 and 14). Are the CARES OF THIS LIFE your priority, or do you so much look forward to His Return that YOU LOVE HIS APPEARING (II Timothy 4:8) more than the things of this life?

The CARES OF THIS LIFE (Luke 21:34) are what cause us to become "worldly" Christians, or "backslidden" Christians, or "lukewarm" Christians. Luke 21:34-36 (Go back and read it again) strongly implies that these types of Christians ARE NOT READY FOR THE RAPTURE!!!

In Revelation, starting with Chapter 6, the horrible judgments of the Tribulation are poured out on an unsuspecting world. In Chapters 1-3, there are several WARNINGS TO THE CHRISTIANS IN THE LAST DAYS, WARNINGS BEFORE THE RAPTURE AND THE TRIBULATION IN CHAPTERS 6-19.

The constant theme of Revelation, Chapter 2, is the NEED OF THE END-TIME CHRISTIAN TO REPENT! Rev. 2: 4-5 says, "I have somewhat against thee, because THOU HAS LEFT THY FIRST LOVE. Remember, therefore, from whence thou are fallen, AND REPENT, and do the first works; or else I WILL COME UNTO THEE QUICKLY, AND WILL REMOVE THY CANDLESTICK OUT OF HIS PLACE, EXCEPT THOU REPENT."

If you HAVE LEFT YOUR FIRST LOVE you are a "backslidden" Christian. You need to REPENT and restore your relationship with Christ back to what it should be. Is the Lord speaking to YOUR HEART RIGHT NOW?

Rev. 3:10 says, "Because thou has kept the word of my patience, I ALSO WILL KEEP THEE FROM THE HOUR OF TEMPTATION, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth." The implication of this verse is obvious: If the end-time Christian does NOT stay close to the Lord and endure to the end, HE WILL NOT BE KEPT FROM THE TRIBULATION HOUR!

Rev. 3: 15-16 is ANOTHER OMINOUS WARNING TO ALL CHRISTIANS, "I know thy works, that thou are neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then BECAUSE THOU ART LUKEWARM, AND NEITHER COLD NOT HOT, I WILL SPUE THEE OUT OF MY MOUTH."

Can you honestly give another explanation for this verse, other than the LORD CASTING LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS OUT INTO THE TRIBULATION? What are YOU doing that would show the Lord that you are ON FIRE for Him? These verses say emphatically that their WORKS WERE LUKEWARM.

What happens to the unwatchful SERVANT who believes his LORD is not coming back for a while and is not that concerned about the way he is living his life? Matthew 24: 50-51 says, "the LORD of that SERVANT...shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (The Tribulation Hour?)." In Matthew 25:30, we see the exact same result for the unprofitable SERVANT. In both cases, there was A LORD--SERVANT RELATIONSHIP ALREADY ESTABLISHED. ARE ALL CHRISTIANS GOING IN THE RAPTURE? WHAT DOES THE WORD SAY???

This world is full of LUKEWARM, BACKSLIDDEN, UNWATCHFUL, AND WORLDLY Christians. In Rev. 7:9, we see a GREAT MULTITUDE that no man could number standing before the Lamb of God in Heaven. Verse 14 describes them, "These are they which came OUT OF GREAT TRIBULATION, AND HAVE WASHED THEIR ROBES, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." In Chapter 20, it says they were beheaded for not taking the Mark of the Beast.

This great multitude of people already had robes. Your Robe of righteousness is given to you at the time of your salvation. They were already saved but their ROBES WERE DIRTY. These COMPROMISING Christians were caught up in the CARES OF THE WORLD when the Rapture happened and they were cast into the Tribulation hour like the Scriptures had warned them about so many times. They WASHED THEIR DIRTY ROBES in the Great Tribulation because there is no compromise then---IT'S EITHER JESUS CHRIST (and lose your head) OR ANTICHRIST (and lose your soul FOREVER)!!!

Do you really want to have to face that choice? It is clear from God's Word what you must do to be assured of a place in the Rapture. YOU MUST ACT QUICKLY BECAUSE THE TIME FOR THE RAPTURE IS ALMOST HERE!

1. Make sure that you have received Jesus Christ into your life as your PERSONAL Lord and Saviour.

2. Examine your own heart for any signs of backsliding, worldliness, compromising, and lukewarmness.

3. REPENT (Turn COMPLETELY away from sin and turn COMPLETELY around towards Jesus). Sin separates you from God, even as a Christian.

4. Study end-time Biblical prophecy until you become completely convinced that His Coming is, indeed, AT THE DOOR. This will help keep you from temptation and sin. JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON!!!

5. DO SOMETHING FOR THE LORD. (Passing out TRACTS would be a good start.)

6. Examine your priorities, lest the CARES OF THIS LIFE cause YOU to MISS THE RAPTURE, as we are so adamantly WARNED about in Luke 21, and so many other Scriptures.

7. Draw closer to God by praying, reading His Word, attending a fundamental church as often as possible, and surround yourself with a Christian atmosphere (Christian friends, books, music, radio, TV, etc.)

8. PRAY DILIGENTLY. ASK THE LORD TO REVEAL TO YOU ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE THAT EVEN MIGHT KEEP YOU FROM THE RAPTURE. PRAY THAT THE LORD WOULD GIVE YOU A PEACE IF YOU ARE READY AND AN UNREST AND UNEASINESS IN YOUR HEART IF YOU ARE NOT READY.

9. Listen for His voice and then STAY OPEN TO THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

10. Act upon that which the Lord is calling you to do. DO IT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

If the Lord has planted the least bit of doubt or uneasiness in your heart, will you swallow your pride and pray this prayer with me:

"Dear Lord, Thank you for preparing a WAY OF ESCAPE from the horrible Tribulation to come. It is my
sincere desire to be ready for your Soon Return, so that I can participate in the Rapture. Give me a COMPLETE PEACE IN MY HEART FROM YOU if I am, indeed, ready.

Let there be no false sense of security in my heart concerning my readiness for Your Return. Begin to reveal to me things in my life and in my heart that might keep me from the Rapture. Show me what I need to do to BE READY and then give me the power to act upon that which you show me to do. Draw me away from the world and closer to you every day. Use me in whatever way you can to help others who may not be ready for your Return. Fill me with your peace when I am ready and fill me with YOUR POWER, for victory over sin and temptation, and for effective service for your kingdom. In Jesus' mighty name, Amen."

The words of the Lord that He would leave with you in these last days before His Return, "REMEMBER THEREFORE, HOW THOU HAST RECEIVED AND HEARD, AND HOLD FAST, AND REPENT. IF THEREFORE, THOW SHALT NOT WATCH, I WILL COME ON THEE AS A THIEF, AND THOU SHALT NOT KNOW WHAT HOUR I WILL COME UPON THEE." (Revelation 3:3)

Feel free to make copies of this tract or forward it to your backslidden, lukewarm, compromising, unwatchful, and worldly family members and friends. Do not delay. Time is short. What we do, we must do quickly now.

Maranatha!

Ron Reese
rgreese49@aol.com

Re: "Are All Christians Going in The Rapture " ???

I dont think people should worry about if all Christians will go in the rapture but rather make sure you do... That was a generality not point at you glory...

Glory, The bible says that if you just call on the name of Jesus you will be saved! He could have stopped at No.1! This man sounds like he is adding works to faith/grace to me.

I think it is confusing and makes me wonder if Ron Reese understands the difference between being bound to the law as opposed to being freed from the law by the grace that is found in Jesus. The book of Galatians really outlines and explains this difference.

I just don't think he gets it! Sorry for being so blunt, but that is my opinion based on what Ron Reese has written here.

This is the same guy who has also posted often that he thinks the tribulation started in October of 2008 or 2009 and that we are already moving through it. I don't read anything else he writes after that piece of misinformation was spread all over the place. I am sure he is well-meaning and sincere, but in error.

I believe all christains go in the rapture. I believe that children of a saved parent if not ALL children go in the rapture. I believe in only one rapture.

Janice, you are right. I just "bumped up" the post titled, "Edge of Eternity" where Pastor Roland Buck who was visited by angels, Gabriel for one, over a two year period writes about that very thing. He puts in his book what Gabriel told him about all Christians going in the rapture. You'll love it!

I've gone back and forth myself on this one. I can quote scriptures that can point in either direction. It's possible to take scriptures out of context, or not see who the audience is whom the writer is addressing, either Jew or Gentile.

There is a large argument that says that only overcomers are going to go into the "first fruits" rapture based on Jesus words to the seven churches in the first three chapters of Revelation. But who ARE the overcomers?

"For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God." 1 John 5:4,5

If the lukewarm are going to be left behind, what does 1 John 2:28 mean when it says "And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at his coming"? If only the super-spiritual Christians are going in the "first fruits' rapture, why would they be ashamed?

And what scripture says specifically that that some Christians are going to go up in the rapture and some "unfaithful" ones are going to be left behind?

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall ALL be changed." 1 Corinthians 15:32

And why is it that there is no mention of the church being on earth after the first three chapters in Revelation? As it says in Revelation in Chapter 4:1...."After these things I (John) looked, and behold a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet, speaking with me, saying, "Come up here, and I will show you things that must take place after this."

The rapture has already taken place, and the church is in heaven.

Where is there in scripture saying that the rapture is a "reward" for the super spiritual? On the contrary, the rewards that we receive for our faithfulness and good works are going to take place AFTER the rapture.

"If anyones work which he has build on it endures, he will recieve a reward. If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire" 1 Corinthians 3: 14, 15

Of course, those of us who are looking for that blessed hope, "purifies himself, just as he is pure." 1 John 3:3. I can't imagine a true Christian who doesn't want to please the Lord and want their lives and hearts right with Him. If a person who claims to be a Christian and is able to stay in a backsliden state and be fine with it tells me that person was never born again to begin with. As it says in Hebrews 12:8, "But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons."

There IS a price to pay for having areas in our lives not being right with the Lord, for example, loss of blessings, God's chastisement, loss of rewards in heaven....but I don't believe it is missing the rapture. If that were true, why are some of us going to be "ashamed at His coming?" 1 John 2:28

Just MHO, of course, and I am trying my best to back it up with scripture.

I believe all christains go in the rapture. I believe that children of a saved parent if not ALL children go in the rapture. I believe in only one rapture.

Janice, I agree with you!

Leenie, read what Gabriel told Pastor Buck in the post, "Edge of Eternity". This is the Archangel that stands in the presence of God. I believe what he says.

I copied part of it for you:

"The Archangel] "Gabriel made this statement that although people fail to agree as to whether they go through the Great Tribulation, through half of it, or are Raptured before, or don't believe in the Great Tribulation at all, when Jesus comes, He is not going to look in people's minds to see what position they hold on this. He is just going to look in their hearts to see if He is living inside. Gabriel went on to say that it would be totally contrary to the character and nature of God for even one believer to go through even one day of the Great Tribulation time! Totally contrary." -- the Late Rev. Roland Buck, from "The Man Who Talked With Angels," pg. 107; a sequel to "Angels On Assigment" "

Thank you, Texas Sue, I'll look it up right now! I do believe in only one rapture, for the reasons I stated above.

I don't believe you have to take the 'audience' into account in the New Testament, because it was written for believers...as it IS the Word of God and we are supposed to go by it. I think it is foolish not to take the cautions that are throughout the New Testament seriously.

I think Ron makes a good point about the tribulation saints ALREADY having Robes (salvation), but these Robes had yet to be washed in the blood of the Lamb to make them clean.

Obedience to the Word isn't about works, it is about letting God cut away the fleshy parts. HE does the work, not us, but WE have to obey and submit for Him to accomplish HIS work in us. If you don't submit, He can't do His work.....can't prepare us for heaven or to be of any use to Him.

I know none of you take into account anything I say, but I have clearly been shown that I WILL BE HERE during the tribulation. I've had over 50 dreams in the last year, most of which I don't post and none of them go against the idea of some Christians being left behind. Maybe some of these dreams come from the enemy to trick me, but if that is the case then the Lord isn't being fair to me as I have asked with a humble heart to know the Truth. I don't care if all or only some go ....I just want the Truth. I've asked Him repeatedly to take these dreams and visions away if they aren't from Him. I even told Him I don't have to know how things are going to play out, but let me know what He wants me to do.

I've tried to do everything He has asked of me to close any demonic stronghold that would make me susceptible from attacks from the enemy. He doesn't just show me in dreams, but in scripture too.

I'm going to take it to the Lord again as all of you seem so convinced.

I can say that if one believes that Christians are going to be left behind, then one's conscience isn't clear NOT to warn...that is how I feel and why I continually post in these threads. I feel compelled...I do not do it to stir up strife, but to add the two cents that people need to really look at themselves with an objective eye and clean out the spiritual cobwebs and at least consider the possibility that the Lord may want them to remain.

I will pray about this and ask Him again to show me the Truth. I just want to please Him with my whole being.

one more thing...

Why does Paul say 'alive and remain'?...pretty odd phrasing.....to be alive means you 'remain' automatically. There is no need to add the word remain UNLESS there is a hidden meaning there.

Lisaleenie:

What a well-thought out, succinct, and scripturally backed post! Thank you for your points, and the courage to post them. While no one has all the answers, we are called to search the scriptures as the Bereans, and that would seem to include being careful not to take things out of context (which seems to be at the bottom of a lot of misunderstandings, and misapplication of scripture). Your post makes a lot of sense.

Dee:
(Guess I was composing my reply to Lisaleenie as your post went up before I saw it.) While I can't speak from a scholarly perspective, I have always understood the "alive and remain" to refer to those Christians alive at the time of the rapture who still remain in their physical bodies. In other words, if the dead are raised FIRST as we are told in scripture, then those who are changed AFTER are those (believers) who are ALIVE/remain in their bodies. Does that make sense?

Thank you, New Creation, for your kind words. It did take a lot of courage for me to post this, because I am a peacemaker and don't like to get into controversial threads. I care very much about people's feelings and I don't like to offend anyone. But I honestly felt led of the Lord to post what I did, and I felt it was important for me to be obedient to that prompting.

Dear Dee, I don't want to offend you in any way. I can see that you are very sincere and want to be obedient to the Lord, and I respect that very much. Like you, I don't want to be in strife, either. God bless you, dear sister.

New Creation
Dee:
(Guess I was composing my reply to Lisaleenie as your post went up before I saw it.) While I can't speak from a scholarly perspective, I have always understood the "alive and remain" to refer to those Christians alive at the time of the rapture who still remain in their physical bodies. In other words, if the dead are raised FIRST as we are told in scripture, then those who are changed AFTER are those (believers) who are ALIVE/remain in their bodies. Does that make sense?

yes, but it seems worded funny to me. Because it says the dead in Christ...and then we who are alive and remain....so in the first half he refers to the 'dead' so the obvious other group would be the 'alive' group...no need to say 'remain'. Sounds to me like there is another whole group that 'doesn't remain'...they've already been taken....see what I mean?

I'll go and reread Thessalonians though and take what you said and 'think' about it....LOL...perhaps it will click. Perhaps Paul was just being extra descriptive or perhaps I am splitting hairs...LOL. I actually like to split hairs...I am not kidding either. I used to sculpt babies that would be an inch and a half in length and I would sculpt them with dental tools and needles taking HOURS and/or days to sculpt just one baby. So yep..it's a personality flaw on my part...or as Adrian Monk would say 'it's a blessing and a curse'...LOL.

Dee
Why does Paul say 'alive and remain'?...pretty odd phrasing.....to be alive means you 'remain' automatically. There is no need to add the word remain UNLESS there is a hidden meaning there.

Dee, understand why Paul was addressing this to the Thessalonians. Some of them had died and some were concerned what would happen if Jesus came back soon.

Paul was just stating that those living and remained or remained living would not prevent those that had already died first.

Joseph

ug I just typed out a whole long post and somehow erased it....

anyway I agree with Lisa and Melissa... Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us..never!! We can not accept Him and then He rejects us...No matter what we do that will never happen...thats what I have settled in my heart and I believe is true.

And what Paul said is for the people who have not died but are still alive (remain) when the rapture happens..... trying to comprehend it any other way makes my head spin..... :)

Dee I appreciate the zeal you have to know Jesus more... it is refreshing to see.... we are all still learning so there is pleanty of grace for us all :)

PS... I am going and me and my household too.....

Dee I appreciate the zeal you have to know Jesus more... it is refreshing to see.... we are all still learning so there is pleanty of grace for us all :)

amen, Susan :0). Well He spoke to me tonight through something I read and I realize that I have a spirit of unbelief...so I am now working on getting rid of that. He did confirm two of my dreams through it too AND that I am supposed to fast this weekend. He is just so amazing. I've had this book for a month or more and He knew right when I was going to pick up...that it would be EXACTLY the issue I was dealing with at EXACTLY the right time with backing scriptures that happened to coincide with my dream too.

He is so good. I think He is also so merciful..He knows I need to get grounded with strong faith as we are to experience a short trial period. I am smiling from ear to ear....I am just so happy!!!!

Why can't I get it through my thick skull that I am not just a servant, but a DAUGHTER!!!

Did I happen to mention that Jesus is DA BOMB!!! LOL

i posted this article by Ron Reese only because he has posted many good articles on Bible prophecy over the years. Ron also had his own Prophecy Ministry back in the early 1990's, which at the time, was just about the only ministry devoted to End Times issues. All these internet rapture sites didn't even exist back then

Ron brings up some good points in this article, food for thought as i like to say

i myself am in the Once Saved, Always Saved camp. Yes i do believe that when the rapture trumpet blows, every Saved Christian Believer in Jesus Christ will be called Heaven-bound, no saved christian believer will be left behind

but as always, the standing gquestion is : Are you really and truly a saved believer in Jesus Christ ? Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior ?

so many people attend a Christian church and feel that is all that is needed to get into heaven, having their names on the church attendance rolls

knowing Jesus as your Lord and Savior is the most important decision anyone can ever make, and i am afraid that so many people in this world will never make that decision

hopefully Christian sites like RITA, 5-doves and others are helping to get the salvation message of Jesus Christ out to people all over the world. Time is growing short, and like many of you all here on RITA, i believe we have only months left to go till our eternal departure into The New Jerusalem !!!

Glory, I am OSAS too, but as you say if you aren't following Christ the question becomes are you really saved...just as you say.

I just don't think the rapture is a 'saved' issue...I believe one can be saved and not raptured. The fact that only some saints were raised from the grave when Jesus died points to this. I don't agree with all Ron says, but I also believe he raises some great points to consider. Thanks for posting it!!

My sister just had a dream where she saw me and her with Jesus. She then starts looking around for our other sister who is Catholic as she isn't with us.

Jesus then says to her "why are you looking for her when the ones you need to be worried about are your mother and father."

Another dream she had me and her are raptured to a type of 'holding area'. We are wearing white robes. She doesnt' see my sister or my parents there, but does see these two boxes with my parents names on them with white robes in them.

Yet another dream she had was where she is in a dark tunnel and she seems me crawling to the light at the end of the tunnel and she is trying to follow me, but then she sees our other sister crawling in the opposite direction into the darkness of the tunnel trying to get away from these spiders. The tunnels is very narrow and she is having a hard time crawling through it.

I have no doubt my Catholic sister is saved, but I do feel that the Lord has shown both me and my other sister that she will go through the tribulation. I also believe He has shown me she will receive the latter rain anointing.

My sister doesn't really know that much about the rapture and tends to follow Hal Lindsay`, Chuck Missler and David Jeremiah....so we don't share the same viewpoint on this, but yet her dreams confirm what I am shown.

Both of us had the exact same vision the same exact week when neither one of us had ever had a vision before. We both also saw a full rainbow the same week at different times. I think the Lord is lining me and the one sister up for one thing and our other sister for another.

I love the simplicity of what Gabriel told Pastor Roland Buck about the rapture. Of course, we can argue if this is true or not, but after reading both "Angels on Assignment, and the sequel his daughter wrote (exerpt below), I really do think this man was visited by these angels. Pastor Buck seemed to be such a Godly man and I can't imagine how he could or would make any of this up. If so, the following statment sure makes it simple - you know, like the faith of a child!!

[The Archangel] "Gabriel made this statement that although people fail to agree as to whether they go through the Great Tribulation, through half of it, or are Raptured before, or don't believe in the Great Tribulation at all, when Jesus comes, He is not going to look in people's minds to see what position they hold on this. He is just going to look in their hearts to see if He is living inside. Gabriel went on to say that it would be totally contrary to the character and nature of God for even one believer to go through even one day of the Great Tribulation time! Totally contrary." -- the Late Rev. Roland Buck, from "The Man Who Talked With Angels," pg. 107; a sequel to "Angels On Assigment"

I am just starting to read this book, Diane. I am looking forward to it. I agree the Lord looks at the heart.

YES......................... lets see if this gets deleted also

I've posted my theory on catchaway and the old Rapture 5770.

Most prophecy books I have read state there will be one rapture. I seem to remember Ray Brubaker of God’s News Behind the News preached a rapture of only those who are ready. I watched a Mike Hoggard sermon recently where he reviewed prophecy with fresh eyes and heart, putting away preconceived ideas. That got me thinking outside the box also.

Why I think there might be more than one rapture:

Jesus’ letters to the churches; He comes for watchers/overcomers at the first rapture.

See Luke 21:34-36 about the importance of watching.

My theory:

Rapture of those who are saved and ready: Rev 4:1 (mostly Philadelphia, with some from Thyatira, Sardis and Laodicea)

Martyrdom of believers (seal #5), who are then given white robes
(Sounds like Laodicea, because they were naked)

Rapture of those who had to wash their garments:
(Sounds like Sardis, because they had defiled garments)

Note that in the letter to Thyatira, Jesus seems to only hold out hope to the few who are already saved.

I’m beginning to think one of the purposes of the seals, which are opened by Jesus as opposed to the trumpets and bowls, which the angels handle, is to purify His bride.

I think after the rapture of the watchers in Rev 4:1, the preparation for the 70th week will go into high gear. The rapture of the wearers of the washed robes ends the Church age. The 70th week will start after the washed robers are raptured and the 144,000 are sealed. The 144,000 will convert the tribulation saints, who will face the wrath of the Antichrist.

Many years ago I read a book where the author mentioned that since Jesus said the days would be shortened, and the day count could not be shortened, the trumpet judgements (see the ones about the night and the day), the days themselves would be shortened by one third.

I have a possible time line:

Rapture of the prepared

six seals

Sealing of the 144,000

Rapture of the washed robers - end of church age

seven year treaty signed

7th seal

7 trumpet judgements; 4th shorten days by 1/3 - 1260 days

great period of evangelization during the trumpet judgements, courtesy of the 144,000

temple is built during this period, Daniel 8:13-14, 26 (2300 days between resumption of sacrifices and cleansing by Jesus during the millennium)

Midpoint events - Antichrist sits on the throne in the temple; 144,000 raptured; there might be a gap in the middle of the 70th week.

Bowl judgements

The bride is declared ready in Rev 19:7-8 after the bowl judgements. So I’m thinking the martyrs from seal #5 and the washed robers could be part of the bride of Christ.

Anyway, that's my theory.

Since the book Angels on Assighnment has been mentioned, people should also read the cautions in chapter 9 of that book.

ron
YES......................... lets see if this gets deleted also

?? Ron, I don't understand what you mean bro..

I don't often respond to postings, but recently when I have responded.. it disappears...like when I wrote that we are spirit, we have a soul (which is our mind will and emotions), and we have a body. And when the body dies we are still exist as a spirit with a soul. I assume that has offended someone, and was deleted!

Hey Ron...Dont stop posting :)

Maybe you forgot where you posted it? Or maybe it was posting on that day the board messed up and it got misplaced? I found it though :)

Re: THE REVELATION OF THE SONS OF GOD

I slightly disagree with what you have written. As I have always accepted that we are a Spirit, we have a soul which is our( mind, will, and emotions). And we live in a body. And after death of the body...our spirit and a soul continue to exist.

sure is exciting times we are living in, and to be living in the final generation before the rapture happens, we are truly blessed to be the christians who will experience the rapture

Dear Rita...

I have read with interest as to what everyone is saying. Quite honestly, I don't have an answer except to say I am going to make sure I am ready.

I have found the closer a person is to a family memeber, the less that family member is likely to listen and take heed. Which means the Lord will so often use someone else other than you for their salvation.

In my mind, the days and the hours are growing very short. Christ is coming for a bride WITHOUT SPOT OR WRINKLE. If the cares of this world are greater than the Love of the Lord, will we go??? I honestly don't know. I have my doubts. All I know is He is worthy of THE BRIDE THAT WALKS HOLY BEFORE HIM. HE DESERVES NOTHING LESS!!!

It matters very little what side we come down on in this discussion. My 2 cents....it matters only that He is honored, worshipped and obeyed. That we take up our cross and follow Him, no matter where that takes us in life. It's only matters that we become overcomers for Him, and mighty warriors in prayer.

The old song that goes...Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full into His wonderful face. And the things of earth, will grow strangely dim. In the light of His Glory and Grace. As we spend the time with Him, everything else starts having it's proper importance.

Father I pray, in Jesus Name, for my brothers and sisters on Rita. I pray for our eyes to be opend and our ears to be unclogged. Allow us to walk in the Glory of Heaven, even while on earth. May our faces so shine with Christ, that others in the world will see it and desire what You have given unto us. Open the doors Holy Spirit. Heal and restore your church. We are Your body, and right now the Body is limping, and needs your healing. Jesus, rise up Lord and Glorify your Name through us. Before you come, do a work that only You can do. May all, and I mean all of our families come to know you. Send forth Your Holy Spirit with Power to heal and power to convict. May we walk the straight and narrow, always being before You, getting our marching orders. May we not take on that which is for others to carry, and may we know the blessed liberty that comes with simple obedience.

Glorify Your Name Oh Lord. Honor it over and over again. May the praises of Your people be as a sweet fragrance unto You. May you delight today in our total surrender and our taking on Christ as you said in Eph 6. We worship You Lord, For You are the King of Glory, and worthy to be praised throughout all of eternity. Cause us to see you today. Cause us to be healed and restored. That means physically, mentally, emotionally, physologically, spiritually and financially. Rise up and be glorified through the church that is meant to be Your eternal dwelling place. I seal this prayer in the Name of Jesus.

Blessings on you all...

Steve

Short answer Yes the Lord God looks for the Holy Spirit inside the person and also it's a literal yanked away feeling almost as if one was grabbed by the scruff of the neck and pulled to heaven it's that quick.
It's definitely pre trib rapture despite the arguments against. I've spent 5 years studying the rapture and consulted with Patrick Herron, www.neph.ie he has some great audio on his site there about it.
Also with Tim from www.soundchristian.com, he has some terrific papers on the rapture and Todd from raptureready.com, literally there are thousands of papers on that site, I've broken the bible down to greek and hebrew in it's most literal sense and above all I've sought the heart of the Lord God and tested it according to the scriptures.
Pre trib rapture, timing unknown, and YES ALL believers GO!!! Essentially put: The lord God looks for his Holy Spirit in the person.
While there may be a differing opinion about the timing most all agree there WILL be a rapture.
The lesson I've learned is that even though there is a pre trib rapture we live every day as if it's our last on earth, for me maintain my physical exercise and good diet, there's no need to slack off just because we might get yanked at any mo, there's a responsibility to maintain in all aspects,, the temple of the Holy Spirit (that's MY lesson, not aimed at anyone else) :)

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com