Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
As Chuck Missler says . . .

let's do our homework.

Chuck shares with us:

. . The reality of "The Ultimate Bride"

The New Testament portrays the Church as the Bride of Christ in Ephesians 5:22-33 (Paul even quotes Genesis 2:24 as the union at the Parousia of the Bridegroom in v.31!); cf. Romans 7:4; 2 Corinthians 11:2; James 4:4.

In the opening verses of John 14, the marriage covenant is confirmed. Paul continually reminds us of the purchase price and the covenant by which we, the Bride, are set apart, or sanctified.

It is this distinctive nature of the Church that is often overlooked by students of prophecy: it is more a matter of ecclesiology than eschatology.

One thing that seems to highlight this distinctiveness is the strange remark Jesus made regarding John the Baptist:

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. -Matthew 11:11

What does that mean? Jesus goes on to explain,

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. - Matthew 11:13

It is John the Baptist that closes the Old Testament, not Malachi. A profound distinction appears to be drawn between the saints of the Old Testament and those of the New.

One of the challenges in fully appreciating Paul's epistles is the need to understand the staggering and distinctive advantages afforded the Church, in contrast to those of the Old Testament saints. And it is this role as the Bride of the Bridegroom that is emphasized in the parables and in the Book of Revelation.

The Bridegroom has departed, and His return to gather His Bride is imminent. He has gone to prepare a place for you and me. (He has been at it for 2,000 years! It must be a spectacular abode!)

This very doctrine of "imminence" is taught throughout the New Testament and is a cornerstone of the "pre-tribulational" view: there is no event which is a prerequisite condition for His gathering of His Bride.

There are those who believe the Church will go through the Great Tribulation.

In exploring this issue, it is essential to distinguish between persecution, which clearly has been the lot of the Church for 19 centuries, and "the Great Tribulation" of eschatological significance.

The persecution - and tribulation - of the Church was clearly promised to us:

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -John 16:33

The source of this tribulation is the world and, of course, Satan. However, "the Great Tribulation" of eschatological significance is quite another matter.

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. -Matthew 24:21

The context here is clearly Israel. Jesus is quoting from the Old Testament:

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book -Daniel 12:1

Note that "thy people will be delivered": the focus of the "Great Tribulation" is Israel. That is why it is called "the time of Jacob's Trouble":

Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. -Jeremiah 30:7

Jesus (in the Old Testament) explains:

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me earnestly. -Hosea 5:15

To "return," He must have left His place! The offence referred to is singular and specific: their rejection of Him. In "their affliction" they will ultimately repent and He will respond.

The Great Tribulation also involves more than the wrath of the world or the wrath of Satan: it involves the indignation and wrath of God. In contrast, the Church has been promised:

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,-1 Thessalonians 5:9

And,

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. -Romans 5:9

And, specifically,

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation [trial], which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. -Revelation 3:10

Peter also emphasizes,

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: -2 Peter 2:9

Here, Peter is using the judgment upon Sodom and Gomorrah "as an example,"as Jesus also did, in which the prior removal of Lot was a precondition before the angels could do their work.

The fundamental doctrine of imminence has to be forfeited with any view that requires the Great Tribulation - or any other precedent event - to occur prior to the Rapture.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. -Luke 21:36

Are you going to escape these things that shall come to pass? If so, how? Or are you relying on the notion that the Lord is "delaying His coming?" This could be a very dangerous presumption. Do your homework. It is important.

Re: As Chuck Missler says . . .

We're desirous to stay ready, Lord . . do ya see us running toward you , , can't wait, Lord, can't wait!!!

and we continue to:

Thanks, Donna!

I really enjoy Chuck Missler's commentaries. Sometimes he can go off on rabbit trails, but when he's straight to the point, and concise like in this article, he's the best!

YSIC,
Chris N.

I know what you're saying, Chris.

Chuck's not always easy to follow. Catching every word can drain the brain . . I think that's the genius in him.

My wife has a hard time following him, but, I love his teaching.

I admit sometimes I get a little lost when he goes off on one of his tangents. He does know his stuff.

That was a good study- Just love Chuck Missler!

Donna, I honestly never heard of Chuck Missler until I came onto this website and I've read some of his articles that you all have posted. He's very good!!

Can you tell me a little more about him? Is he a pastor? What church is he from?

Donna, this article to a rapture watcher is what a home run is to baseball. I love to hear Chuck Missler teach. He is a true genius and so multi-talented. Started off I think as an engineer.

I ran across Chuck about a month or so ago, and I really enjoy his teachings..

I record him every week to watch later. He's on Revelation and now up to Chapter 7 for next week..

I seen his Nephilim teaching on some channel and recorded that also.. That really blows my mind, especially after I seen Texas Sue's post on the Texas Giants..

That along with Enoch's book that I read 6-10 years ago on the fallen angels part, all I can say is WOW...

Joseph

RJ
I ran across Chuck about a month or so ago, and I really enjoy his teachings..

I record him every week to watch later. He's on Revelation and now up to Chapter 7 for next week..

I seen his Nephilim teaching on some channel and recorded that also.. That really blows my mind, especially after I seen Texas Sue's post on the Texas Giants..

That along with Enoch's book that I read 6-10 years ago on the fallen angels part, all I can say is WOW...

Joseph

Joseph and all,

I posted this on RITA a few months ago, but will do so again for your further studies. This link is to a site that contains a library of audio teachings by Chuck Missler; every book and most chapters of the entire Bible are represented- simply click on what book/chapter you want to study!! Includes all of Revelation! Now this is serious homework

http://firefighters.org/html/library.cfm?Author_ID=74

Hi there, Lisaleenie!

Chuck Missler is the Pastor and founder of "Koinonia House", in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Here's a link to Koinonia House, lots of good articles and studies there:

http://www.khouse.org/

Here's a bit about him and his ministry at K-House:

Quote: > "About Koinonia House
�

See our beginners guide to K-House: First Time Here?
�

Our Mission Statement: To create, develop, and distribute materials to stimulate, encourage, and facilitate serious study of the Bible as the inerrant Word of God.

Koinonia is a New Testament word which is most often translated to mean "communication", "fellowship", or "communion". Koinonia House, or K-House as we are affectionately called, is dedicated to the development and distribution of materials for encouraging and facilitating serious study of the Bible as the inerrant Word of God. We are a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization.

K-House was founded by Chuck and Nancy Missler. Chuck, a Naval academy graduate and former Branch Chief of the Dept. of Guided Missiles, had a remarkable 30-year executive career. He served on the Board of Directors of 12 public companies and was CEO of 6 of them. For twenty years Chuck balanced his high-profile corporate career with his teaching commitment to a weekly Bible study at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa in Southern California. Nancy, while raising their four children, has touched the lives of thousands through her in-depth teaching of Biblical discoveries in her "Way of Agape" and "Be Ye Transformed" books and tape series.

After a devastating earthquake in 1992 demolished their home in Big Bear, California, Chuck and Nan moved Koinonia House to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and K-House now reaches tens of thousands through its monthly newsletter, radio shows, cassette tapes, and conferences. More than eight million study tapes have been distributed in the U.S. and in over 35 countries around the world. Thanks for visiting us on the Net. Please join us in this Grand Adventure, and let's see what the Lord will do!< Quote> http://www.khouse.org/pages/mcat/about_us/

Melanie
Joseph and all,

I posted this on RITA a few months ago, but will do so again for your further studies. This link is to a site that contains a library of audio teachings by Chuck Missler; every book and most chapters of the entire Bible are represented- simply click on what book/chapter you want to study!! Includes all of Revelation! Now this is serious homework[:))

Wow Melanie - thanks for this link - I just checked it out and I'm really excited about listening to this - the WHOLE Bible! (My husband will be in Atlanta for 3 weeks in a class) so I will have time to spend at my computer without being harassed!

I like Chuck Missler too - Thanks so much for posting this again as I missed it the first time!

My pleasure, Shirley! What a lucky duck you are to get a chance to listen and study uninterrupted!

I just got this image of Shirley THE LUCKY DUCK,
sitting there listening to Chuck Missler uninterrupted!

Hi Shirley!

Melanie
Joseph and all,

I posted this on RITA a few months ago, but will do so again for your further studies. This link is to a site that contains a library of audio teachings by Chuck Missler; [:))

Thanks a lot, Melanie..

I have d/led a few to listen to already..

Joseph

Wow Charity - what kind of mascara is that duck using? Wish I had lashes like that!

Melanie, thanks so much for the link. I have been listening to Chuck teach on the book of Jude for hours now. It is a book that always seemed puzzling to me with all the examples, and a little mysterious. Missler is doing a fabulous job of expounding on every verse of this little one chapter book that is so loaded! Wow! I feel like I have found a banqueting table loaded with all good things.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com