<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Just a light snow dusting here in Maryland :)

Our Driveway:

yes, those two lumps at the end of the driveway are our cars!

Our Front Yard:

Our Road:

Back Yard:

You never know what you'll find in the snow!:

Re: Just a light snow dusting here in Maryland :)

Melanie, your pictures are beautiful. Snow is so pretty but it can cause so much disruption.

I saw the photos too on Bill Koenig's International news site of DC and the White House snowed in also. They say it is RECORD snowfall. Is this a sign that God is immobilizing the white house and congress? Power is also out there to 200,000 people. I am sorry for the people but how symbolic is that?

Those are great pictures Melanie! I know Elijah REALLY enjoyed this - his first major snow I'm sure! It really is beautiful as tough as the aftermath of it is though. Thanks for sharing your pics!

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! WAIT 'TILL I SHOW THE GIRLS!

I just showed Eden, and she was spell-bound!

I asked her if she wanted to have me type something for her and she got embarrassed. She said, "Ay Nooo!" (that's Spanish for no way! pronounced:
"Eye No!")

Thanks, Melanie! We obviously didn't make it down this weekend to MD, so I'll show my husband these pictures! It looks like you got just a few more inches than we did, here in PA, outside of Philadelphia.

Have a friend that lives in Emmitsburg, Maryland and they've had over 27 inches.

Hi, Melanie, these pictures are sooooo beautiful! I know there's a lot of work shoveling the snow, though.

Living in California all my life, I've never been out in the snow. It must be so beautiful. Has it stopped snowing now?

we never get snow here in southeast VA but we got a storm last Saturday ( no church ) and no school until Wed. then yesterday, and we are supposed to get another storm Tues. night and Wed. We have 1 plow and no salters here.

I think God is telling politicians that He controls the weather.

wow!! I thought I was cold!! I need to turn on the tv some I guess...I had no idea this was going on.

Stay warm......I would have all the blinds open to be able to see it though :)

Melanie, I just posted an article from Drudge Report that said Elkridge, Maryland had a record 38 1/2 inches of snow! Also that many are without power, and another winter blast in coming in on the night of Feb. 9th - Tuesday!

Are you and your little family okay? I know you said you had food, water, heat, etc. Just hadn't seen you post all day and was wondering if you still had power at your house. This is really an unusual winter, very harsh!

Yes, I'm wondering about you too, Melanie. Hope y'all are doing okay, even if you're without power. Praying for you tonight!

I know we have a lot of RITA family scattered around up north. Is everyone okay? Anyone need prayer for anything? Maybe the trumpet will blow and we will all be caught up before the big thaw. I am sure there is no blizzard in the New Jerusalem.

Okay, I went back to Sabrina's "Where Do You Live" post and these are the ones we know of who live up north with two in Canada. So let's pray for the safety and comfort of

Big Mama, Mary, Patti, Rich E, Randy, Brenda, LAZ, New Creation, Sarah, Wendy, Kama, Joseph, Melissa, BarbS, Lynn, Dennette Farr, gem, Panthia, Karen, janice, Diane C, and Beverly.

If it were possible, I would send you a big steaming cup of hot cocoa, some candles and a warm blankie!!!!

t/Sue, if they have blizzards in the New Jerusalem,
I bet they're something like this kind of blizzard:

Oooooooooooh Charity - that is not just A blizzard, it is a Turtle - chocolet and caramel blizzard with nuts! YUMMMMM. That would be heavenly huh! It may not sound so good to our frozen RITA family members right now but I could sure go for one.

goodmorning charity and sue! we are well- i needed extra rest yesterday. we are fortunate so far in that we did not lose power at all; tommy actually went to work this morning! Yes, I did hear that about Elkridge; that is incredible!! I know you all are not used to snow in Mexico and Texas, but let me tell you, Marylanders are not used to this much snow at all; it maybe snows once or twice during the winter here and that usually just a few inches...! This is surely record breaking snow; and yes, we are expecting more tuesday and wednesday, not sure how much!

Melanie, I'm so glad y'all still have electricity! Praise the Lord. You go ahead and try to get all the rest you need. I'm going to have to rest at every opportunity today. It's been three rough nights in a row, with all three of the girls sick with colds/coughs.

You'd think WE were the ones dealing with winter weather, based on how much we've gotten sick in the last few months. But alas, we live at an orphanage where 30+ kids all take turns getting sick... and so the story goes...

Texas Sue, it's been a loonnnnnnnnnnggggg time since I've had a Blizzard. I bet they've come up with all kinds of flavors in the past 7 years, and I'm missing out! Oh well, I've got much better "treats" to look forward to-- like heavenly fruit from the Tree of Life!!!

Blessings on my beautiful sisters in Christ!

Hi Charity,
You must be feeling pretty tired yourself with three nights running on little sleep; I really hope you get a chance to lie down with the little ones for a nap today! To me, naps can be so refreshing and I can really fall into a deep sleep during one. Praying that the girls will allow it!!

Just this morning I was thinking about all the things I need to do, and wishing that I had a few extra hands around the house to help me! But I know I'll just be working the defensive all day just making sure we all have the basics covered!

Seeing those pictures reminds me of that 18 - 20 inch snow that Northern Virginia received sometime around January or February of 1978. It started on a Saturday night, and we couldn't get out until sometime around Weds or Thursday as the roads had not been plowed until then. My dad was stranded in Dallas, TX for three day because they couldn't land at Dulles or at National.

That was back when the boonies began just a few miles west of Springfield. Now I look on google-earth and see that the boonies are now past Mannasses!! Yikes!!

An inch of snow will shut down DC and the Washington Metro area. Tonight and tommorrow, we're expecting 6 to 12 inches...just a routine snow here in Chicago.

Just put your booties on and bundle up, 'cause it's COLD out there!!!

i live in Mt Airy Maryland, i have 3 feet of snow here, we are buried in this wonderful white stuff, and another foot of snow is on the way tomorrow night

i have built snow tunnels in my yard to get around, my drive way is over 100 yards long, a plow driver tried to dig us out, but he could only shovel thru 25 yards of the snow before he got stuck, so when is the warm Spring weather going to arrive !!!

hey johnmac, bet your loving your Florida sunshine right now, hey you want to trade weather forcasts for a week, i send you my snow and you send me your warm sunshine !!!!

Thats just a little bit of an understatement lol. The snow is so bad here on Andrews AFB that I got my car stuck 6 times lol

Glory and Steve! Ummm.... looks like we better get ready for another light dusting Ugghhh... how fun is this!? Don't we just LUV winter?

We have a winter storm warning AGAIN!!!!!

Sarah, I pray that you are well-stocked and safe at home during this coming snow storm! Do you have someone with you to see you through and help you shovel out? Hope so!

Mel..I do thanks for asking..my family is here and they can shovel. But we don't even have a shovel LOL

Kids love making snowmen though.but they don't have all the proper clothes, no snow boots to wear/

Dear Sis, Melanie!

Loved your pictures, They are beautiful! I'm glad to hear that you didn't loose power in the last round, and praying that you don't loose power now, in round # 2!

Dear Sister Sara, praying for you as well. Keep safe and warm, inside.

Praying for all of our Rita friends that are affected by this storm, that all remain safe, and warm, and do not loose power. In Jesus' name, Amen!

YSIC,
Chris N

AbideInHim
Dear Sis, Melanie!

Loved your pictures, They are beautiful! I'm glad to hear that you didn't loose power in the last round, and praying that you don't loose power now, in round # 2!

Dear Sister Sara, praying for you as well. Keep safe and warm, inside.

Praying for all of our Rita friends that are affected by this storm, that all remain safe, and warm, and do not loose power. In Jesus' name, Amen!

YSIC,
Chris N

Thank you, Abide, for your prayers! We really appreciate them here; withstanding the blizzard of all time in Maryland/D.C!! It's amazing. We are snuggled up and warm and just fine. BTW- my hubby is a photographer and he took the pictures!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com