Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Secret Code in the Jewish Scriptures

Just watched Sid Roth's show..Supernatural and he had a Jewish woman on there by the name of Sharon Allen who set out to prove to her husband that Jesus was just a man not their Savior. What she discovered was a secret code in the jewish scriptures. Every hebrew name has an english meaning. She took the first 10 names of the geneology of the bible and here is what she found:

ADAM- Mankind
SETH- turns their faces towards
ENOSH-and are appointed, mortal, grievous sorrow
KENAN- to lament and to mourn

MAHALALEL- God who is praised
JARED- comes down
ENOCH- to instruct and to consecrate

METHUSELAH- He is sent forth as a prophet-priest
LAMECH- to be smitten and scourged, to die,
NOAH- to give rest and security a quiet attitude of peace

Read the message like this:

Mankind turns their faces towards
and are appointed, mortal, grievous sorrow
to lament and to mourn
God who is praised comes down
to instruct and to consecrate

He is sent forth as a prophet-priest
to be smitten and scourged, to die,
to give rest and security a quiet attitude of peace

Needless to say she is now a believer in Jesus!! Isn't that so cool!!

Re: Secret Code in the Jewish Scriptures

Thanks Darlene, I haven't seen this week Sid Roth show yet..

I'll be watching for it this week.. Sounds very interesting..

I really enjoyed what you posted on the meaning of the words..

Joseph

Chuck Missler has posted a similiar message on his website k-house.org

Q & A: Where did you find the meanings of the names in Genesis 5?

The background behind the genealogy in Genesis 5 is one of our most frequently asked questions.

Since the ten Hebrew names are proper names, they are not translated but only transliterated to approximate the way they were pronounced. The meaning of proper names can be a difficult pursuit since direct translations are not readily available. Many study aids, such as conventional lexicons, can prove superficial when dealing with proper names. Even a conventional Hebrew lexicon can prove disappointing. A study of the original roots, however, can yield some fascinating insights. (It should be recognized, however, that the views concerning the meaning and significance of the original roots are not free of controversy and are subject to variant readings. This is why we receive so many questions or comments on variations.)

Adam
The first name, Adam, comes from adomah, and means "man." As the first man, that seems straightforward enough.

Seth
Adam's son was named Seth, which means "appointed." When he was born Eve said, "For God hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew."

Enosh
Seth's son was called Enosh, which means "mortal," "frail," or "miserable." It is from the root anash: to be incurable; used of a wound, grief, woe, sickness, or wickedness. (It was in the days of Enosh that men began to defile the name of the Living God.)

Kenan
Enosh's son was named Kenan, from which can mean "sorrow," dirge," or "elegy." (The precise denotation is somewhat elusive; some study aids unfortunately presume an Aramaic root synonymous with "Cainan.") Balaam, looking down from the heights of Moab, employed a pun upon the name of the Kenites when he prophesied their destruction.

Mahalalel
Kenan's son was Mahalalel, from mahalal, which means "blessed" or "praise"; and El, the name for God. Thus, Mahalalel means "the Blessed God." Often Hebrew names included El, the name of God, as Dani-el, "God is my Judge," Nathani-el, "Gift of God," etc.

Jared
Mahalalel's son was named Jared, from the verb yaradh, meaning "shall come down." Some authorities suggest that this might have been an allusion to the "Sons of God" who "came down" to corrupt the daughters of men, resulting in the Nephilim ("Fallen Ones") of Genesis 6.

Enoch
Jared's son was named Enoch, which means "teaching," or "commencement." He was the first of four generations of preachers. In fact, the earliest recorded prophecy was by Enoch, which amazingly enough deals with the Second Coming of Christ.

Methuselah
The Flood of Noah did not come as a surprise. It had been preached on for four generations. But something strange happened when Enoch was 65, from which time "he walked with God." Enoch was given a prophecy that as long as his son was alive, the judgment of the flood would be withheld; but as soon as he died, the flood would be sent forth.

Enoch named his son to reflect this prophecy. The name Methuselah comes from two roots: muth, a root that means "death"; and from shalach, which means "to bring," or "to send forth." Thus, the name Methuselah signifies, "his death shall bring."

And, indeed, in the year that Methuselah died, the flood came. Methuselah was 187 when he had Lamech, and lived 782 years more. Lamech had Noah when he was 182. The Flood came in Noah's 600th year. 187 + 182 + 600 = 969, Methuselah's age when he died.

It is interesting that Methuselah's life was, in effect, a symbol of God's mercy in forestalling the coming judgment of the flood. It is therefore fitting that his lifetime is the oldest in the Bible, symbolizing the extreme extensiveness of God's mercy.

Lamech
Methuselah's son was named Lamech, a root still evident today in our own English word, "lament" or "lamentation." Lamech suggests "despairing." (This name is also linked to the Lamech in Cain's line who inadvertently killed his son Tubal-Cain in a hunting incident.

Noah
Lamech, of course, is the father of Noah, which is derived from nacham , "to bring relief" or "comfort," as Lamech himself explains.

The Composite List

Now let's put it all together:

In English

Adam -----> Man
Seth -----> Appointed
Enosh ----> Mortal
Kenan ----> Sorrow
Mahalalel-> The Blessed God
Jared ----> Shall come down
Enoch ----> Teaching
Methuselah->His death shall bring
Lamech ---> The despairing
Noah ----> Rest, or comfort

Here is a summary of God's plan of redemption, hidden here within a genealogy in Genesis! You will never convince me that a group of Jewish rabbis deliberately "contrived" to hide the "Christian Gospel" right here in a genealogy within their venerated Torah!

This was really interesting Darlene & Knight Michael.
I especially enjoyed finding out why Methuselah lived so long - God's mercy holding out as long as possible.

This is AMAZING!

So amazing I just went and woke my wife up from her nap to tell her about it.

I know, I know, I should let her rest, but I get too excited over God's amazing treasures He has buried for all those who seek it!

Hey Allen,
... better go wake her up again - here is the extended study from Adam all the way to Jesus!
http://www.bible-codes.org/Names-Bible-Prophecy-Code.htm

Barry

Wow Barry (TSS)!

Thanks a lot!!!

I'm getting chills as I read all of this!!!

My wife being a good "berean" took about an hour to study this for herself to make sure this is legit...

and indeed it is!!!

God is beyond amazing!!!

Proverbs 25:2

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

This place is a great source of information these days!

That is so cool! Thanks for expanding on this for all of us! We should show all of our jewish friends this!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com