Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Would love to meet you all in the morning - "Eastern Gate"

Re: Would love to meet you all in the morning - "Eastern Gate"

Here's another great GOING HOME SONG. This is a little bit different - clip from "The Waltons" one of my favorite shows. Discontinued of course, along with all the other good ones. Sigh....

Here is a rousing version of "I'll Fly Away" by Charlie Pride. He can sing this the way it should be sung, with GUSTO!

Texas Sue, that was great. Thanks, sis!

Here's another (different) "Fly Away"....
sung by John Denver & Olivia Newton-John

Bet y'all can't guess what T/Sue and I have on our minds tonight!!!

"GOING HOME" by The Crimson River Quartet

(CHARITY - YOU THINK THERE ARE ENOUOGH CLUES IN THESE SONG TITLES?)

Johnny Cash and the Carter Family sing "WONDERFUL TIME UP THERE"

NOPE! There must not be enough clues. No one has piped up
and guessed yet. We'd better keep 'em comin'!

Charity, I am a huge John Denver fan and loved that song with him and Olivia Newton-John. That second one was breath-taking with those jumpers - wow!.

I was thinking of posting "Ride That Glory Train" and opted for Johnny Cash instead. When I came back and saw you posted it, I had to laugh. We ARE on the same mind-track tonight!!

Come to think of it, this kinda thing happens a lot with us! Do you realize how many times you have said something that I had just been thinking (or visa versa)? We must be sisters.

Singing the theme, here!!!

Whooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo - WAY TO GO Donna, my friend! Elvis is on the line tonight!!! LOVE THAT SONG. Maybe we can coax those chariots down with all of our rocking songs tonight.

Charity
Come to think of it, this kinda thing happens a lot with us! Do you realize how many times you have said something that I had just been thinking (or visa versa)? We must be sisters.

Charity, you're right! I think we must have the same bloodline - the KING'S!!

Oh, T/Sue, I am thinking, too Elvis, Johnny & June Cash are among the cloud of witnesses enjoying this Thread!!

Holy Spirit is affirming STRONGLY to them and to us our Lord's descension in the air!!!

What a wonderful thought Donna! I suppose it has never occurred to me that the cloud of witnesses- those who have gone on and Jesus Himself would be enjoying these conversations with us and maybe singing along. But of course they would be right? You are wonderful Donna. You just have such a heavenly insight into everything.

"JESUS IS COMING SOON" by the Oak Ridge Boys

I loved the waltons :) Good night John boy... this place is like a magnet...I can not break away...

Yep, this is a real velcro-like site. Hard to pull away! Too much fun, huh Joyful Susan!! Hope you are getting a lift from all these great tunes - they are like dynamite. Really powerful and fun to sing along with, don't you think?

You know whats funny? My very first concert was Elvis!! My mom took me and my sister when he was at the convention center in the 70's.... it was one of his last..

Then my first concert own my own was John denver....:)I used to sit and sing John Denver songs all day....

and of course I remember Johnny Cash and June carter from when my mom listened to them... I think I have an old JC album some where....

Yes Ilove listening to all these songs....

"EXODUS" words by Pat Boone. We have seen Israel come back into Jewish ownership in our lifetimes after 2400 years. We know according to God's promise that no one will ever take it away from them again. So this is a fitting song for our going home thread.

DONNA, I love that song, especially sung by Elvis.

Here is something we are looking forward to in heaven:

"NO TEARS IN HEAVEN" by Red Foley.
He was Pat Boone's father-in-law so both sides of the family are Christian and music artists.

T/Sue . . I was thinking last night how the joy of the Lord even now stirs our souls!! What must Heaven be like.

amen!! There's a prepared Place for the King's kids!!

To be with Jesus and worship Him, to be among the hosts of Heaven, with the praisers!!

To mingle with souls Redeemed above in great satisfaction thanking Jesus, right there in the midst of His glory!!!

Donna,
You are right and I think that God is deliberately pouring out extra blessings and closeness for us on Rita right now. The pictures that Charity and Melanie have picked out for us - several including me have been stunned at how closely they connect to personal times we have each had with God. The songs selection too are being orchestrated by Holy Spirit. It is like a prelude or a warm-up to the BIG EVENT. You know how the orchestra will play an opening medley of songs at the beginning of an opera or musical? It is like that.

God is stirring up our remembrance of special times with Him in our past and peaking our joy in anticipation of Jesus coming for us soon. There is something very, very special happening now and it is awesome.

Texas Sue

It is like a prelude or a warm-up to the BIG EVENT. You know how the orchestra will play an opening medley of songs at the beginning of an opera or musical? It is like that.

God is stirring up our remembrance of special times with Him in our past and peaking our joy in anticipation of Jesus coming for us soon.

Right, T/Sue . . we're hearing the strings in the Heavenly orchestra!! With anticipation strong, Hang on, RITAians, . . . for the opening of the skies!!!

Heaven's ready, Jesus is ready . . .

Donna, I love how you put that - "God is warming up the strings". Gives me more goosebumps!! :)

In case you missed this on the "Worship The Lord" thread:

Texas Sue
I believe you will LOVE this one:

"RUN TO YOU" by Leeann Squier, sung by Messianic Jewish believer

SONG NOTE: Leeann Squier who wrote the words and music, lives here in Denton, TX. Martin Sarvis, the Messianic believer who is singing and playing the piano in this video is a leader of a Messianic Jewish congregation in Israel. The song won a first place award in a Nashville gospel music writing event.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com