<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I'll be going back to work to a group of hurt and angry co-workers...

One of my co-workers, who I nicknamed Chatty Cathy (or the Galloping Gossip) e-mailed me today that my co-workers are complaining to her that they feel hurt because I didn't give them an explanation as to why I was going to be out of work for so long.

The reason that I didn't tell people at work about my cancer surgery was threefold: First of all, whenever you tell people about the surgery you're going to have, they always have stories about their "Aunt Fran" who hemmoraged during the operation and died, or "Grandma" who survived the surgery but took a year to heal and had a massive infection afterwards. (I was already scared enough without hearing any horror stories.)

Secondly, I was physically and emotionally drained enough with going to countless doctor's appointments, hospital tests, and pre-op screening without having to give my nosey co-workers the "scoop" over and over again about what's happening with me so they have some juicy gossip to talk about over the water cooler.

Third, I already had one co-worker (who has been very verbally abusive to me for the last 16 years) that pried it out of me about my having the surgery, that insisted on seeing me in the hospital, coming to see me after I got home, and demanded my phone number so she could keep tabs on me while I was home convalesing. I very politely refused each of her requests, to which she was angrily responded, "I should have known you would act the fool. You mean you won't even give me your phone number???" (This happened on my last day there). The last thing I needed was a pushy, demanding co-worker bothering me on a daily basis and geting ticked off and punishing me verbally if I didn't feel up to calling her back. So I didn't tell my co-workers that I was having surgery just in case they would do the same thing and get ticked off if I didn't inform them. So, being the quiet private person that I am, I just quietly slipped away and didn't tell my co-workers what was happening to me because of all the reasons that I just mentioned.

The ones who genuinely care about me are hurt that I didn't tell them. But I honestly didn't feel up to long explanations and answering a lot of questions when I was doing my best to hold myself up during that trying time. I felt depressed and felt like I had a black cloud over my head, and wasn't up to doing a lot of explaining. I would have had to explain about my dilimna whether to have my lymph glands removed or not and taking the chance of getting lymphodema. Then I would have to explain that on the 22nd of this month, I may have to face the fact that I might need chemo if there is cancer in the lymph glands. And so on. And the endless questions and opinions. I just couldn't deal with it.

So I chose not to say anything, and just quietly slipped away on my last day at work. But since I never take any time off at work (except for a day or two once in awhile), it's VERY UNUSUAL for me to be off for 4 weeks, so they know there's something wrong, and are hurt and angry that I didn't say anything. I already know that I have to face an angry, nasty, punishing co-worker that I refused to have her visit me or give my phone number to. In the past she has said terrible things about me to everyone...God only knows what she's saying now behind my back. She called me a "bit@%" to my face once because I didn't do what she wanted me to, so you can imagine what she's capable of and why I didn't want to see or hear from her when I was convalesing from major surgery.

Sorry that this was so long, but I just wanted to share with you the whole picture so you can understand what I'm going to face when I go back to work at the end of this month. Please pray for me.

Re: I'll be going back to work to a group of hurt and angry co-workers...

What's even worse than verbal abuse is slander and because of that, I have to keep to myself at work.I can't develop friendships or associate with anyone and because of that I'm sure I have a reputation of not being 'personable.' If they only knew...

Hang in there. I'll be praying for you.

My Dear "LilSis" put your heart as ease as I agree with you and Goldenknight, and the others as they join in that in Jesus Name we pray that you will know in your heart that the Good Lord will go before you and prepare your way. Also He will give you the peace of heart to rely upon Him through out the day as He will give you the right words to say to your co-workers.

So as you sleep tonight your brothers and sisters are lifting you up and will be with you in our prayers and thoughts through out the course of the day for your benefit...Count on it "LilSis"...We Love You Dear.

ybi Christ's Wonderful Love,
Joe

Email: jpcarr@att.net

Lisaleenie dear Sis,

My views-

You are a private person like me, I only share with people that I feel comfortable around. I have been hurt too much for shallow people to hurt me again.

Lisaleenie Sis, When you go back to work your good friends will understand. You have faced a hard time in the last while, and anyone with compassion will understnad straight away your choices in keeping it to yourself.

Anyone that treats you otherwise does not matter, pure and simple.

Hold your head up high Sis, your Lord loves you and so does this family here that feels honoured that you shared with us so we could pray and support you.

But you know what? you have supported us through your faith and your strength. We love you

I will hold you in my prayers

Love ybiC Paul

Lisaleenie I am so glad you decided to share what you are going through nobody should have to go through this alone.

And you can really tell the difference between real true children of God like the Rita Family compared to the worldly people that say they care but if they really did they would be be understanding and compassionate like we are here and support you with whatever you decide to do instead of juding and condemning you they should be understanding and loving.

And this is my prayer for you my dear sister Lisaleenie.

Dear God my Heavenly Father,

Please make Lisaleenies co-workers just show her the love and understanding she needs right now instead of the judging and condemnation that she does not need.

And fill her heart with peace and give her the wisdom and words to say when she goes back to work so everything will work out in her favor.

Thank you Lord for always doing what is best and doing what is best for Lisaleenie in this situation I know you will make sure everything goes well for her and will make it a joyous reunion back to work instead of a dreadful one.

I love you Jesus thanking you for hearing my prayer and doing what is best to make this happen for her Because you say Ask and you shall receive so I stand on that word now that I have asked I will receive it in Faith In Jesus Name Amen!!!!

Website: www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=667676418&ref=profile

Dear Goldenknight, Joseph, Paul, and Angelheart

Thank you all for your words of love, comfort, and encouragement.

Goldenknight, I can see that you understand from personal experience what it's like to be slandered yourself, and that's why you feel the need to protect yourself by isolating yourself from your co-workers. I totally understand that. I'm sorry that you're going through that. It doesn't feel good, does it??? Thank you for your prayers!

You have been hurt yourself, too, Paul, haven't you? Yes, I understand, also, what it's like to be hurt by shallow, insensitive people. Thank you for your prayers and words of wisdom.

And Joseph, your kindness is like refreshing cool water to a thirsty soul. God bless you, dear brother!

Angelheart, what a beautiful prayer and words of support and comfort. I really needed that, thank you, dear sister!

Your so welcome sister Lisaleenie let us know how it goes for you will be praying you will have good news for us.

Eileen, I SO know what you mean about telling someone about your health condition and then getting all the HORROR stories they tell about people they know who had "exactly the same thing". It is just so frightening to listen to that! And the funny part is they actually think they are HELPING you by not listening to you - but telling you scary stories. I completely agree with your decision to just keep quiet throughout it all.

I imagine your verbally abusive co-worker probably thinks she is just trying to help too. She probably thinks that all she does is try, try, try to help you, but you're just so mean, you wont let her!

I think that must be the ultimate definition of self-centeredness and pride. Don't worry about her. You're not going to be able to make her see how she really is. Just bless her and give her to the Lord.

When you go back, all you have to say is "I apologize if I hurt anyone by not explaining what was happening to me. I was in a place where it was difficult for me to talk about what was happening. Thank you for caring enough about me to understand". And leave it at that. You don't owe them an explanation.

I like the way the Message bible translates 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

If this isn't the way your co-workers are treating you, then you need to let it go and not worry about their feelings.

You're a blessing to all of us sis! God will be with you as you go back.

Love you

Diane C

Dear Diane,

You hit the nail on the head! That's EXACTLY how my co-worker feels....here she is trying to help, and I'm snubbing her by refusing her help!!! Yep, you got it! It was all about her and "generous" she was, and how ungrateful I am. Good advice...."bless her and give her to the Lord". I'll never make her understand how her abuse has scarred me over the years and how I have to keep her at a distance to protect myself from further pain and damage.

I liked that version of 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. It's a good parameter of what love is and isn't. When people are arrogant, touchy, pushy, and self-centered....that is a perfect example of what love is NOT!!!!

I loved your advice as to what to say to my co-workers when I go back to work. As a matter of fact, I'm going to write that down and rehearse it until I get it down pat. Thank you! Love you, too!!

You're so welcome, sweet sister! I can't wait till we're all done down here. I get so tired of the abuse and prideful hearts. It just hurts, and those of us with tender hearts keep getting them broken. I've had to learn to be tough over the years and tell people the way it is whether they like it or not, but it's not the true me. The true me just wants to cry and make all the hurt and confrontation go away.

You're not alone down here, and neither am I. We Children of the Lord have each other! Praise God, He has not left us alone here!

Diane, we're so much alike. I don't like to hurt people's feelings and I don't like confrontation either. I think my co-worker can sense that, and that's why she seems to enjoy hurting me. I stand up to her in a very kind way, but it leaves me reeling afterwards that keeps me disturbed long after the confrontation is over with.

Lisa, we must have been cut from the same mold... hehe

When I went into the hospital in 1993 for my neck surgery I didn't tell anyone. Only the wife and my brother-in-law knew, since he drove me there.

After I came to from the surgery and got myself together somewhat, I called my mom and the wife's mom to let them know how I was, but told them to not tell anyone because I did not want visitors..

My mom like to "TALK" to much and I sure didn't want half the church keep running in and out bother my rest, LOOKING at me.... LOL

I hope everything is ok with you now, and I'll keep you my prayers..

God bless you dear sister..

Joseph

Eileen, I know what you mean about trying to stand up to someone kindly and have it not work. Sometimes I think those kind of people just feed off of that. It gives them some sort of strange power and energy to see us try so hard to be kind to them.

I took several pretty high-powered personal development classes a number of years ago that helped me tremendously. They were taught with Christian principles - the founder of the company and the trainers are all Christian - but they helped me to learn how to set my boundries with people so that I didn't have to end up reeling from confrontations. Just because we're Christians, it doesn't mean we have to be doormats to everyone and put up with their abuse. We can love them, but not take all their shots at us. You are allowed to have and set your boundries as to what you will and wont tolerate from all people - and especially your co-workers. I would suggest to you that next time you stand up to her, don't be quite so kind about it. You can still love and forgive her but have a firm tone in your voice and body language to her. It might throw her off just a bit and she might change her ways. If not, maybe she'll at least leave you alone. Ask God to give you the correct words and tone of voice to stand up to her a little more forcefully. You'll feel better - and you're not being un-Christian in my opinion, to do that.

Dear RJ (Joseph),

That is amazing that you had the same experience! So you understand where I'm coming from. Thank you for your prayers!!!!

Diane, actually I have stood up to her in firmness. Just to give you an example, one day she kept calling me over and over on the phone during a time when she was being particulary abuse, and I refused to answer the phone. Then she called my co-worker to see if I was there, and I still refused to take her call. Then she walked next door to my office, and started to nag at me, and I turned around, looked at her square in the eye, and told her LOUDLY, "LEAVE ME ALONE!!! DON'T TALK TO ME!!! YOU'VE HURT ME ENOUGH!!!JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Well, she left me alone, at least verbally, for a month. She would glare at me and give me dirty looks, stood in front of my office door just to block my path so I would have to look at her before I could walk in my office, and my co-workers told me that she was saying such horrible things about me that they couldn't even repeat. But God helped me through that, then little by little we started to speak cortially to each other, and she was nice to me after that....until recently when she was insisting to see me at the hospital.

I really had to learn to put up boundaries with her, because in the beginning before I knew her, she really bulldozed me. God used my experience with her to help me to stand up for myself. And you're right, it's not unchristian for us to stand up for ourselves. I used to take the "turn the other cheek" literally like we were supposed to be so meek that we let people run all over us....until I understood what Jesus meant....turn the other cheek meant not to pay a person back by rendering insult for insult...it didn't mean to be a doormat.

You're very insighful, Diane! Those personal development classes are great, aren't they? I love to go to those.

Wow, Eileen, she really is abusive! Maybe you should rebuke her in the name of Jesus, right to her face! I wonder what she'd do? It's a possiblity that she could be demonized and toying with you. Remember when Paul had to rebuke the lady that kept following them around? Just a thought to pray about.

I'm glad you have already been setting boundries and understand about that. So many Christians don't - so I'm glad He has shown that to you, as He did to me!

Take heart, sister. I just know all this stuff we are experiencing here is for our good - and I believe God will take these truths we have learned here on earth and give us a way to use them to help others and glorify Him!

Blessings!

Well, Diane, here's the kicker....she says that she's a Christian. She sings in the church, she's a greeter at the door and welcomes people to the church as they walk in, she goes to convalescent hospitals and ministers to people there, and even goes out and buys them clothing. She can be very kind, hospitible and charming, and that's the hook. When your guard is down, that's when she strikes. It's like she has two different personalities or something.

When I think of her, I can't help but think about what Jesus said, "I never knew you", when the person said, "Lord, didn't we prophesy in Your Name, and in Your Name cast out demons..."

I do pray for her salvation if she isn't saved like she claims that she is. Actually, there are times when it does look like the Lord is taking a hold of her, because there are times when it seems there is genuine kindness and concern for me and for others. So we never lose hope!!!

Oh Lisaleenie so sorry to hear you have to go through this.

You know what God has told me to say now when people are mean or rude or ignorant to me just say "I will pray for you" then it makes them look like they are the one behaving badly not you.

And it will show them that their attitude or behavior has bothered you and they are the ones that need to change not you.

Try it might make her want to change her ways if everytime she is doing something to bother you for her to hear " I will pray for you and walk away what can she do but just leave you alone.

Well just some words of wisdom from the Lord that help me that might help you to dear sister.

Thank you, Angelheart, for your healing words of compassion.

That's good advice! There is NOTHING she could possibly say or argue with that statement. And walking away is a good way to end the conversation.

And you are also showing her how a true christian should act and maybe you can help her become a true christian instead of acting like the phoney she is being.

Lisaleenie -

I'm echoing the thoughts and sentiments of others here on the board, and just wanted you to know that I'm keeping you in prayer as you return to work. I hope, instead of complaining and saying mean things, they'll actually STAND AND APPLAUD when you return, because they're happy to see you!

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about the cranks and gossips except to keep our distance, and pray for them. I think a lot of us have been bad-mouthed and hurt by insensitive - and just plain mean - co-workers. I had a fellow faculty member, who I considered a friend, accuse me of throwing things and screaming at her (didn't happen of course); ultimately forced me to leave my full-time faculty position and the university. That was a bitter lesson in allowing the wrong people to get too close...

I pray you'll return with confidence, and that your co-workers will be understanding and happy to see you back. The people who genuinely care will understand - the others, well, they don't count!

Email: kate5525@aol.com

Oh, KT, I'm so sorry that happened to you! It's awful, isn't it, when your co-workers make you so miserable that you have to leave your position! I hope you're at a place now where you're happy and appreciated.

Thank you so much for your prayers and words of support!! Like you and everyone has been saying, my friends will understand and the others who don't doesn't matter.

I understand how you do not want to have them speak somethign negitive over your situation .. I do the samething and if anyone does I always rebuke it under my breath....

Hopefully they will have more compassion and think more about what you went through than what they went through.....

Maybe you can tell them it was too painful to discuss before.

Yes, Joyful Susan, I hope that they will understand once I explain, because right now they're in the dark about what's happening to me and that's why they're hurt.

They sound like they care for you...You do not need to be thinking about the worst that can happen (going back to angry people) you need peace right now.... I am praying that they will be understanding and their love for you will bring peace and comfort.. :)

Lisaleenie,

Since you told one, they must all know of what was going on.

I would handle it with WWJD lines. Move the conversation to Jesus.

If a person asks you...Just say it was a very personal bout with cancer and thankfully I won. Even though many people didn't know why I was out, since it was quite a while, I know they were praying because Jeus helped lead me and heal me, so I want to personally thank you for your prayers....Then be quiet...

If they ask about it or talk about what happened to others...just interupt them with...You know what, I don't want to give any thought to what this devil cancer can do to me or anyone, but just give all the glory to Jesus in my case....Would you like to hear what Jesus has done in my life...."No?...Thanks, then for your prayers....Then go back to work...

I love the advice given by Diane C:

When you go back, all you have to say is "I apologize if I hurt anyone by not explaining what was happening to me. I was in a place where it was difficult for me to talk about what was happening. Thank you for caring enough about me to understand". And leave it at that. You don't owe them an explanation.

This is concise, impersonal and discreet. The people you work with do not need, and the abusives ones do not deserve, a full, detailed explanation of your personal life or health. It is YOUR BUSINESS and yours alone. Giving details leaves room for people to burrow into your business who should not have access.

Also, remember that we are in a FALLEN world. Paul makes it plain in the new testament. Either we are under God's control and authority or we are under satan's. There is no such thing as a free agent. Even some Christians who are walking after the FLESH instead of the Spirit can do great harm to other people.

I had a co-worker in one job that actually manifested demons on more than one occasion. She was into some cult-like religion and thought she was good because she was a "minister" in her congregation. I prayed the blood of Jesus over the building, over my office area and myself. Maybe that is what forced the demons to the surface. In any case, the spirit of this world that controls some of the people we work among is in direct conflict and warfare with the Holy Spirit who lives in us. To understand that one fact helps to give you a step back and understand what is really going on and realize it is not so much you as it is to Whom you belong.

Reading your experience,
I am just dumbfounded that
someone has been working
with you all this time,
and behaving as a bully.

She is definitely NOT a Christian,
whether she attends church or
not, that is irrelevant.

The fruit is bitter.

A bona fide Christian's fruit
is sweet and demonstrates love
not hatred.

On top of all that, I believe she
is dysfunctional, mentally, and
could use some psychiatric sessions.
These outbursts are signs of
a derangement; this person is
abusive, slanderous,
hateful, and a stalker. I think she
is dangerous, in several ways.

You mentioned 'two personalities' which
is schizophrenia. I imagine she would
be diagnosed as borderline schizophrenic.

The basic resolution is that
she needs to be put in her place,
told to stay out of your life, that
you do not want her within 10 feet of
you, and if she doesn't stop the
erroneous gossip, you will contemplate
suing her for slander.

How would she like a day in court
with a "Judge Judy"???

Also, why is she allowed to continue
work in your job? Doesn't your
employer notice the woman's unbalanced?

The important thing here is that you are
fighting a battle against the enemy, cancer,
and you don't need this aggravation.

I am so sorry that you are having to deal
with cancer AND a crazy woman. Maybe a
confidential talk with your employer
would be beneficial.

Amen amen and amen to all the family here! Dear Lisaleenie I too think you were wise not to tell people - and their behavior now proves it. Didn't Jesus tell us to be "wise as serpents and innocent as doves" in relation to the world? Telling even one person there would have given the Enemy a foothold into your situation through them (gossip, speculation and the rest) and that cannot be. I'm trying to remember a quote from a film or something about your real friends sticking by you through things and if they don't they weren't your friends anyway but I can't remember it exactly. Still the principle holds good. I'm very careful now who I share things with, after experience taught me some tough lessons. Girl, you did just the right thing and as Joe said, we will be praying for you in this situation as you return to work. The Lord will turn this around for your blessing and for His glory!
love
Dittta
whoops put too many t's in there - my hands are so cold I can hardly type!!!!!!!

Dear Joyful Susan, Rich E, and Texas Sue, thank you all for your prayers and words of support!

Joyful Susan, I do agree that there are a few in the office that do care about me. Those are the ones that I genuinely care about how they feel. And I'm praying that they WOULD understand. Some of the other ones don't give me the time of day, and some of them don't even speak to me unless I say hello first. Those are the ones I don't worry about, because they don't care about me in the first place.

Rich E, I'm not sure if the one I told passed it around. It doesn't seem like it, since Chatty Cathy (who e-mailed me and works in the same office as her) didn't have a clue why I was out and kept pumping me for information. (By the way, I had to smile when you said about telling them what Jesus did for me and about the "devil cancer" because they're unbelievers and I could just see the uncomfortable frozen looks on the faces as they slowly backed away from me!)

Texas Sue, I totally know what you mean about that co-worker in the cult-like religion manifesting demons. My abusive co-worker in the past did exactly the same thing. When the people in the office got together and decided to sign a petition (when she first started working there), to get rid of her, she immediately called her voodoo witchcraft practicing relatives and told them about it, and they told her not to worry about it and that they would take care of the problem. Well, the petition didn't work, she retained her job, but some of the people who signed the petiton had strange illness come upon them, or had bad things happen to them. Maybe it was all a coincidence, but you never know. But she got an evil look on her face and laughed at the people who got sick and gloated. I personally didn't sign the petition because I didn't want to see anyone lose their job and was hoping that she would improve and mend her ways. But that didn't happen. She's better now since she's been going to church regularly, so I truly hope that she IS saved. Only God knows for sure.

I liked what Diane said, too!!!

Dear Jan and Ditta, since I posted that last post, I noticed that you two responded, so I just have to comment as to what you both said. Thank you each so much for your prayers and support.

Jan, the supervisors know that she's unbalanced, and don't want to deal with her, so they let her get away with murder. They seem to be afraid of her themselves. And that's why she gets away with what she does. (And I do thank you for your compassionate support.)

Ditta, I appreciate what you said. Very true. We are to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves, and I am glad now that I didn't tell the whole office what was going on in my life because of the response I would have received. Thank you for confirming that for me.

Oh Lisa,

My heart goes out to you. I know how you are feeling. I've had to deal with negetiveness at my office for years! I keep to myself as well, I've had a few co-workers in the past who made working there a living hell at times, especially when going through emotional/physical and life changes. I've had to work with managers that make me feel so ill just listening to their voices. The one I have now uses Jesus' name so many times during the day, my eyes roll and I pray each time I hear him say it. I FEEL LIKE A GHOST at work, no one really really cares about you/me there. It's easier to just do my work and pay no heed to it all...okay, it's not easy at all!!! I do talk so they don't think I am rude but but only a bit through the day like on the only break I can manage to take.
I have to work, I need to work and am very greatful that I have a job. But it is hard having to get up each day to be in this kind of atmosphere. It's harder in winter, because in the Spring/Summer/Fall I just go out for walks during my lunch and talk with God.

Stay strong Lisa, you are not alone...God is with you, and there are many here praying over you and know exactly how you feel and what you are going through. I am one of them! It keeps me strong knowing and feeling His presence.

YSIC
Brenz

Lisaleenie, I just wanted to stop in to tell you that you were on my heart in the middle of the night as I nursed Arabel, and I prayed for you. I love ya, sis, and Jesus loves you. He is cheering you on (as are we)!

Blessings~

Charity

Email: jakeandcharity@gmail.com

Dear Brenz and Char, (I like to use nicknames....mine is Leenie!)

Thank you both for your prayers and words of compassion. Bless your heart, Charity, for praying for me when nursing...I know how busy you are and that's probably the only chance you have to pray, in between taking care of your children, house, hubby, etc. Love you, too!

Oh, dear Brenz....I'm so sorry that you have to go through that coldness on the job yourself! I am amazed that so many of us are going through the same thing at work. I'll bet that you feel the same way about your lunchtime as me....a sanctuary to get away from those people. I go and get my lunch, and go over to the park to pray, read my Bible, or just play video games on my cell phone....anything to forget about that place for an hour. Like you, I am grateful to have a job...but it can be hard at times. Thank you so much for your prayers!!

Lisa my little kid sister in the Lord!!! I think I agree with most on here! Especially with Rich E and the suggestion that you let the Lord go before you and give you the things to say to your co-workers!!!

It will be given to you at the time and not before!!
Jesus did not even want his disciples thinking beforehand what they were going to say; just don't worry about it!!!

If I was at my work place, as I was a few years ago as a state employee, they would never let me just go in silence from my job unless I put in a vacation application!!!

I guess your working environment is more lowkey!!!

But just know Lisa that we are with you in this matter and don't rely totally on your own strength!!!

I can tell by this thread that you are surrounded by many strong believers in the Lord!!!

You are definitely a highly favored child of the Lord!!!

Lisaleenie,
we're keeping you in our prayer as you return back to work.
Photobucket

Blessings,
WC/Cathy

Dear Scott and WC (Cathy),

Cathy, I just LOVE that scripture! The Lord has given me that scripture so many times, and it's one of my favorites. I also loved that picture, also. Thank you so much for your prayers!

And Scott, buddy, thank you for your support and kind words. You are a blessing to me. And you're absolutely right....I have so many people here that are so loving and supportive. I appreciate you guys so much! I can't wait to meet all of you and give you a big hug!!! Even Scarby!!!

Hey sis me again! Just wanted to ask if you're able to get some time alone at work first thing maybe even in the bathroom, to pray and read the Word even for a few minutes for anointing, guidance and protection during the day? That's what I do if I can, get in early before I'm due in so I'm not taking time from the organisation and do that. I've noticed a huge difference when I do. I wanted to share also an experience I had at work a few months ago; I got attacked big-time by a manager who accused me to a more senior manager unknown to me, of "discrimination" which as you know in these pc days is like the worst accusation you can bring. What I'd done was to ask that better checks be put in place to protect our support workers when they see people with serious mental health problems particularly in this case, paranoid schizophrenia. There was a case where a paranoid schizophrenic who we thought hadn't been taking his medication, was seeing a support worker and the support workers are not trained at all in this area. So for that I got accused for "discriminating" against people with this condition. I was very hurt as you can imagine that someone would do that. It felt like a stab in the back. But the Lord totally vindicated me to the point where eventually there was a staff meeting and protection of staff from people with the condition of paranoid schizophrenia was decided to be necessary. The manager was extremely embarassed, squirming in her seat because people knew what she'd done. Nothing at all was said. I had never answered her accusation but had just waited and sure enough, the Lord saw me through. I say that only to encourage you, that the Lord will surely see you through this time at work and vindicate you completely against all those whose intentions are not good.

I reckon that the enemy attacks us more in the workplace than most other places, the reason being that as Christians there we come right up against the world system manifested. The other reason is that we're rendering unto Caesar so to speak, in other words we're being paid for a service we give. We need the money and so we can feel particularly vulnerable under attack since fear can get in. But the Lord knows and He comes in every time to defend us and to route the enemy! He's in time, on time, every time and He will be for you in this dear sister!
love
Ditta

Dear Ditta, good to hear from you again!

Wow, so you also have had the experience of being accused falsely and being stabbed in the back...by a manager, no less! That must have hurt. Praise the Lord that you took the high road and let the Lord vindicte you...I love that! There are times when I feel led of the Lord to stand up for myself, and other times when He tells me that He will fight for me and tells me not to do anything, or defend myself. I'm so glad that you took the Lord's leading and just let Him defend you. It reminds me of Jesus when He was accused falsely, and He said nothing.

Yes, there are times when I have a few minutes to myself in the morning before I get to work. I have a Bible in my desk, and there have been plenty of times when I've read it quickly to ask the Lord for wisdom and guidance for a stickly situation at work. Plus I have one in my car, also, so during my break time i go in my car and pray and read my Bible. That helps so much!!!

Thanks for sharing your work situation with me, and also for the advice and support, sis!!!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com