Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stevia coming

The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) officially approved the use of stevia as a food-grade sweetener - paving the way for everything from stevia-sweetened soft drinks to stevia-based tabletop sweeteners.

Before that stevia was not approved as a food sweetener in the U.S. — forcing stevia manufacturers to market and sell the natural sweetener derived from the leaves of the rebaudioside Aplant as a supplement, rather than a sweetener. However, last night’s announcement by the FDA now gives food manufacturers the “all clear” to start using stevia as a zero-calorie, natural sweetener.

Pepsi and Coca Cola are ready to introduce stevia sweeteners in their products.

(http://www.answerfitness.com/268/stevia-fda-approval-natural-sweetener-diet-health-news/)

I think this is long over due this natural product is sweeter than sugar i have heard and is ok for diabetics..

Re: Stevia coming

Yes, this is fabulous news. I had to quit drinking diet coke 20 years ago because aspartame caused stomach problems.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

aspartane is used in anti-freeze and will eat holes in your brain too.

Well, that explains my problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

I am delighted to hear this. The other sweeteners
cause me all kinds of problems.

Glad to hear that. Aspartame has long been suspected of causing all kinds of health problems.

Been using Stevia for a while now and like it just fine. Should be a boost as well for diabetics.

is it as good as sugar mark?

That's good news! You all should stay away from soft drinks though...they are so bad for you!

That is good news, I think they market Truvia, which I like better thant Splenda, I don't like diet soda with Aspartme, Coke Zero or anything with Splenda in the diet formulation. There are some drinks like G2 with Splenda that do taste good, but most I can't get use to, it's just nasty. I can't wait for them to start having the product in soda, since I'm diabetic and this would help out alot! And yeah, I know soda is bad, but at least I know that I like Stevia plant. I've been waiting for Sprite Green and it's still not in California.

Abbershay
is it as good as sugar mark?

No, I don't think so but Stevia is a close second. My opinion anyway.

I really like Stevia. I used the liquid form. It blends better. I put it in my mochas that I make in the morning. Yum!

I thought I heard some time back that they were going to outlaw Stevia - maybe I was wrong. This is good news that they are putting it mainstream!

There's another good natural sugar I used called Trehalose. It can be ordered, and read about here:

http://www.endowmentmed.org/

I wasn't 'totally' at ease with using Stevia until I read a recommendation for it by a Christian M.D., Dr. Don Colbert.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com