Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please pray for my son

My son brandon lives in California and he is 23. He just got out of jail for a year on drug related issues..he has been in several times. Brandon is born again and loves God....he has been out a week or so and called me today crying because he has been back on the drugs..I am sick.In jail he traded some coffee for a bible...I am trying to convince him to go to narcotic anonymous...please pray for him....I hate the devil and he cant have my son!!!!!!!

Re: Please pray for my son

Sparrow dear Sis,

I am there, will keep your precious son in my daily prayers

Love ybiC / Paul

Praying for Brandon

Email: randyjan@windstream.net

Paul thank u so much...this has been such a rollercoaster for so long...and every prayer matters SO MUCH!!!! When brandon is off the drugs he is so full of the holy spirit...please pray he will go to na meetings....

aww randy thank u and for the lovely pic...

I guess I am going to have to get to fasting and heavy duty spiritual warfare.....but I am so weary of all this because it seems like all I do is spiritual warfare for years now...even so come Lord Jesus...I am constantly fighting from my demonic attacks,my daughters and my sons...

in the above post,I am sorry Lord for complaining...I am thankful for everything u do! and I will do whatever I have to!

Sparrow, I have 2 children myself..

The boy got out of line also by hanging around the wrong crowd..

I hope he has wised up, but sometimes a person does wonder..

Anyway, my last rapture vision that I had back in Oct. 29, 2009, I was scrolling down to see if my name was on the long scroll..

When I hit my name, I saw 4 lines above my name and 3 lines below my name..

I am assuming that the 4 lines above was my main family, and the 3 underneath was the grand-children..

Maybe you can pray and tell Jesus to save your children and to have the Holy Spirit to seal them for you by his shed blood..

I figure Jesus can do better in getting their attention than I can.

Of course you need to assure and talk to them concerning how close it is, and that they better be seeking Jesus daily, etc... LUKE 21:36..

Joseph

Sparrow, I've prayed for Brandon and also for your strength and encouragement.

sparrow, I have prayed for your son and for all the children here, no matter what their age, it seems they need our prayer.

A long time ago, I said in jest to a friend, that God only made one error. and that was He made teenagers. The friend I told this to, quickly pointed out to me that WE are like teenagers to God. Look at how your teenager acts and we act the same way to God. One day we are so in love with HIm and the next day we don't have time for Him, we are busy or whatever, lots of good parallels of teenagers and how WE treat God.

I knew when my friend said this that it was God speaking to me through her.

Praying for everyones kids and grandchildren for safety and revelation knowledge of who Jesus is.

YSIC
Sarah

Sparrow, has it occurred to him yet that if he gets out of that area that he can avoid getting back on drugs? Sometimes behavior is linked to a particular area, something like a "conditioned response". THere is a reason for that as in the spirit realm, demons are assigned by their "masters" to a geographical area. Remember the man at Gadarenes who had a legion of demons and the demons begged Jesus not to send them out of "their" area? Maybe he needs to get out of California, possibly come back home or to his home area?

Another option is deliverance prayer. I recommend Aslan Place, Dr. Paul Cox's prayer ministry. They can actually help him by phone. www.aslansplace.com.

From the website:
Aslan's Place offers two types of prayer ministry: Phone Prayer Ministry offered by prayer ministers Dale Shannon, Jana Green, or Robin Coleen Shannon and Prayer Ministry at Aslan's Place offered by all prayer ministers.

Aslan's Place provides opportunity for you to set up appointments for prayer ministry with one of the Aslan's Place trained prayer ministers.

The prayer time is set up in one hour segments.

If you would like to set up an appointment with one of the prayer ministers, you can call our office at 760-947-7881.

Thank u all so much for your comforting words...and tsue yes he has mentioned coming home several times and never does---but he knows he can.. i know all about the territorial demons....and there seems to be a lot of drug demons in that area....yhank u all for praying! It means the world to me.

Dear Sparrow,

I will pray for your son, and I would also encourage you to do your best to Rest in the Lord. I feel like satan is getting double mileage out of this whole situation, because he's messin with your son and stealing your joy - somehow making you feel like it's your fault by not praying hard enough, or something - that your son is going through this.

It is NOT your fault, sweet sister, nor are you responsible for the outcome. You can and should pray, of course, but TRUST your God. He loves your son even more than you do, and He WILL finish the good work he started in him.

Please rest and be at peace dear sister. Satan is having a heyday with you right now and playing on your compassionate mother's heart. I rebuke him in the name of JESUS!

God does have this under control. Your son is in the shadow of His Wing.

Blessings and peace to you sis.

sparrow I am praying for your son and I want to let a friend of mine know so she can pray for him also...

She is a NA counseler... I meet her in church about 20 years ago and we have been sisters ever since... she struggled with drugs..there was a time she lived in her car because of it... and there were times she was clean and then she would disappear and come back saying she wanted free...it was soo hard for her.... she is a beautiful person with a great family that all attend my church but she had this addiction or bondage.... after years she finally broke free and her heart is so tender to God.... she had to attend the meetings because they were her life line... now she counsels others.... they are very Godly meetings and I know of a couple more very beautiful people that I met in church that struggled and now counsel and share their stories of how God set them free... The counselors will make a commitment to be there for your son and to help him through it... because they have over come and gotten deliverence....

The times we are in are hard... I understand the hurt that drugs can cause... my heart goes out to you an dI am in agreement that Brandon will be set free from this....

Diane...u hit the nail on the head! You are so right....I constantly think if I am good enough and faithful enough and pray enough etc etc that this will help my son,and when I fall short and especially when I sin I feel mortified and scared...the holy spirit must have revealed this to u..because it has brought tears to my eyes,but the thing is that i feel this is my fault because many years ago I got strung out on prescription drugs and my son saw this...it took 3 rehab trips,but only God delivered me, so u can see why i feel this is my fault so I try and be perfect and petition God but of course I fall so I dont have much joy. I have repented of course and asked God to heal any damage I caused..life sucks

Oh, dear Sparrow, I'm so sorry that your son is struggling so much with this addiction. I think NA is such a good idea, and Aslan's place that Texas Sue recommended in California is a great start, with NA meetings afterwards.

I am going to start praying right now for the Lord to deliver your son from drugs in the Name of Jesus, and that he gets the help that he needs. I will also pray for you, dear Sparrow, that the Lord will strengthen you and give you His peace.

susan thank u and I am praying he will go to na...

Just prayed for Brandon....and I had warm chills up and down my whole body while praying....God is hearing these prayers, stay faithful....the devil is working overtime these days.

ysiC,
LAZ

Hi LAZ!!! I have been wondering where you were :) busy picking teeth I guess :).. I got in trouble one day for saying scraping :)...lol...what they did n ot hear was the guy said it to me first..but they heard me!! then the next day I was talking to a painter and was talking about painting and I said something ablut etting paint on the windows..he aske dme how I got it off..I said I had to scrape them..and right when I said that the instructor walked up and heard me...ug.

Sparrow--I know another ministry family whose teen son had turned from the Lord (you know how the devil attacks the minister's kids) well the mother is heart-sick over this of course and she is praying all the time--well amazing there is a Christian teen near where they live who prays for this boy too and the Lord revealed something for the teen who prays for this family's son--and he took the information to the mother--the Word of the Lord to him was that GOD HAS A SPECIAL PLACE IN HIS HEART FOR THE PRAYERS OF THE MOTHERS FOR THEIR CHILDREN--AND DON'T EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR PRAYERS--AND YOUR PERSEVERENCE WILL SEE YOUR PRAYERS THROUGH. I think it is extraordinary the way the other teen was given the message from the Lord to take to this family--God is great--don't give up--never give up.

Email: lovethewhirlwind@sbcglobal.net

Sparrow, Praying too for your son Brandon. Remember there is no condemnation in Christ. It seems that the enemy is attacking you through this as well. Praying that you will find rest in His truth and that your dear son will be delivered of this addiction. In Jesus Name Amen.

Hi Joyful Susan....funny, your story brought back memories of school....I, too, got in trouble for saying scraping in school (instead of scaling...ugh....whatever!)!!

sparrow
Diane...u hit the nail on the head! You are so right....I constantly think if I am good enough and faithful enough and pray enough etc etc that this will help my son,and when I fall short and especially when I sin I feel mortified and scared...the holy spirit must have revealed this to u..because it has brought tears to my eyes,but the thing is that i feel this is my fault because many years ago I got strung out on prescription drugs and my son saw this...it took 3 rehab trips,but only God delivered me, so u can see why i feel this is my fault so I try and be perfect and petition God but of course I fall so I dont have much joy. I have repented of course and asked God to heal any damage I caused..life sucks

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

lol, I agree with you Sparrow, that life does suck sometimes. Hey, just statin it like it is! However, God wants to take the "suckiness" away, and as we align ourselves to His Word and His Will, then it will go. God hasn't given you the spirit of fear that you are feeling with your son, so when you start to feel that fear, remember you are not dealing with His spirit, but the spirit of satan. Rebuke it, and ask God for His Peace before you continue praying for your son.

That rotten devil. He sure knows all the buttons to push to make us miserable doesn't he! Even though you had a problem with prescription drugs in the past, this does not mean you are causing your son's problems. This is not the fault of "damage" you caused. Good heavens, we are ALL super scary and damaged! Satan knows this and plays on it all the time. Your son is having problems because we are sinners in a sinful world. End of story. You need to stop beating yourself up about it. I just really feel that if, when you deal with your son, you are truly at peace and have joy in your life, he will SEE the Spirit of God working within you, and it will help him to overcome. When he sees you stressed out about him, he probably the gets into the "condemnation circle", and feels bad about himself and about causing you pain, and away we go on the merry-go-round of guilt and shame!

Your job right now is to work at (and it can be work) being at peace and resting in the Lord. Ask God to show you how to rest in Him, how to be a peace, and ask Him for His Joy. The Joy of the Lord is your strength. When you have that strength, your son will feel it and gain strength from you as well.

Hebrews 4:10-11 For anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

Here, the Word says that not being in God's rest is disobedience. That's a good motivator right there! lol!

I know one thing for SURE. God IS in control. He loves you and your son, and NOTHING will stop Him from completing all He has for both of you in your lives!

Blessings sis.

Sparrow,
Praying for Brandon, also asking the Lord to comfort you and to give you peace of mind. Thank you Father God, for answering our prayers for Brandon and his precious mom sparrow, in Jesus precious name. Amen!
Photobucket

Blessings,
WC

Sparrow, yes, the devil can go straight to hell which is his home anyway, he will not touch our children. Satan has learned to stay far away from my boys, I have had it with that.

My son went through rehab this past fall and it worked wonders, the 12 step program but, they do have to attend narcanon their whole lives. This is a disease as well as a spiritual issue. No, Jail is not how you are cured of addiction and the related issues that come with it.

Medical insurance pays for rehab but if you don't have it at least he can go to those meetings and only associate with people who have the same struggles.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

The kindest people in the world are on this site--thank u to every one of u I am feeling stronger and i need to do like diane says and seek rest but still continue my praying etc.

Sparrow,
Praying and believing for your son's deliverance from drugs.

Praying for your dear son, Sparrow. Praying for his deliverance, and praying for your comfort and peace. In Jesus precious name, Amen!

Prayers for your son going up right now .
Dear Lord , in you is the VICTORY ...the place of Rest !
Thank you that you are concerned with this situation and will MOVE on sparrow's behalf for her beloved son !
IN YOU , Lord of Greatness , is the ANSWER !
OUR SOURCE for HELP in every trouble !
HOW GREAT THE LORD OF HOSTS IS !!!PRAISE HIM FOR HIS MIGHTY WORKS !!!!!!
amen

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com