Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lord, Save Us (from Your followers)

Well, lookie here... someone did a whole movie on this topic. It's all "supposed to be" about love, not hate & judgmental attitudes:

Though nine out of ten Americans claim a belief in God, public expression of faith is more contentious than ever. Even as discussion of religion floods the media like never before, the rhetoric is divisive and hyper.

Dan Merchant put on his bumper-sticker-clad jumpsuit and decided to find out why the Gospel of Love is dividing America. After talking with scores of men and women on streets all across the nation, and also interviewing many well-known active participants in today’s “Culture Wars,” Dan realized that the public discussion of faith doesn’t have to be contentious.

"Lord, Save Us From Your Followers" is the energetic, accessible documentary that explores the collision of faith and culture in America.

Re: Lord, Save Us (from Your followers)

Wow, Kerry just last night at church, the sermon was on this very topic.

The featured speaker at Calvary Church South Bay was Tony Perkins,
President of Family Research Council.

Tony has a tremendous burden to RECLAIM the culture for Christ and believes that this revival will begin in the churches across America, and build on shared values of family and freedom. .

The subject was exactly what your post is about. He spoke how Christ's followers can learn much the way our Lord ministered to the Samaritan woman at the well.

Jesus knew all about her, and as only our Lord could, He so perfectly and with gentle love and patience let her know the True meaning of the living water that satisfies the empty soul.

The point for us in this generation is that witnessing to the lost calls for the Spirit's humility, speaking with a gentle approach.

I think the timing is remarkable.

Donna
I think the timing is remarkable.

God is always right on time.

After the comments about k. d. lang posted here the other day, I about lost my mind. PRAY FOR HER, people. I've been praying for her ever since I met her in '94. How many of you know the woman? She was kind & gracious when I spoke to her. I was invited to her first showcase when she came to town in '86.

No person is worth throwing stones at. Anybody can change any day. I GUARANTEE you that they will not do it when you have rocks in your hands. By choosing "Hallelujah" to sing @ the Olympics, I think she should be applauded for taking a step back toward God — NOT ridiculed or condemned because she's not good enough to sing a song about Him.

WHO among us hasn't had struggles??? Be THANKFUL hers aren't yours. The church just makes everything worse when you shut your doors, minds, arms of love & help to people who need help.

I'm off my soapbox.

Here's a schedule for the remaining pre-screenings. I just missed the one here by a day:

Lord, Save Us Pre-Release Screening Schedule

Kerry, it's great to see you back here posting! I was going to tell you before that I loved your new avatar, but I didn't want to derail another thread to do it - so this is a perfect place to say it!

I will watch your videos soon - I bet they'll be great! Such a great subject. My husband always says something like "wow, just think, those certain Christians that are treating you poorly are the people you get to spend eternity with!"

Glad we'll be in our perfected state! Of course, it makes me do a mental housecleaning of myself, and wonder if there are times when I have hurt my brothers and sisters, and they are feeling the same way about me. I am sure there must be some - and that makes me sad.

Blessings bro!

Kerry, I missed those remarks about K.D. Lang, didn't see that post.

Her singing is one of the most gifted voices I've ever heard.

I have about 4 of her cd's . . wow, I pray she is searching for the Truth and embraces Jesus!!!

Diane C
My husband always says something like "wow, just think, those certain Christians that are treating you poorly are the people you get to spend eternity with!"

ROFLOL, Diane. Tell him I feel the same way. Sometimes I think about heaven & DREAD IT for that reason. A whole bunch of Puritans thinking they have it all together & everyone else doesn't — um, no thanks. Give me the poor, the sick, the huddled masses, & the SINNERS! They're HONEST about their mistakes & have humble hearts. Some just need to know a better way, & they'd choose it in a heartbeat. How will they know if we don't show them? Pride & arrogance about our righteous lives will never do it. I just don't fit with the Puritans when I'm honest about it, because I'm about the most broken vessel there is.

Every time Charity asks what our idea of a perfect mansion would be, I think, "Something a million miles away from the typical Christian by a lake in the woods in the middle of nowhere that I could just spend lots of alone time with Him would suit me just fine".

All of these years being a PK have just added up, I guess. I'm worn out from dealing with church people, church politics, money changers permeating everything & selling what they got for free for as much as they can squeeze out of poor people, etc. & most of all - the Puritans (Pharisees)... the ones who have read everything about everything, have all the answers, & are so busy spouting their latest "spiritual truth" that they don't listen to people that they are hurting.

I've also had a rough time of it trying to figure out what is right in regards to money & the church. I mastered a TON of Christian product like the original "Woman, Thou Art Loosed" for T. D. Jakes, among many others, & have had serious problems with selling the gospel ever since. I did all of his stuff when he was just a small town preacher in WV. He changed when he became a household name. My heart broke when I visited his site & saw sermons available for download @ $$$ each. Lots of others that I've worked on, too. Don't get me wrong. I'm not judging T.D. I love him more than you know, as a person. He has helped me so, so much. I just think he's been swayed by the culture of "name it & claim it". He was more humble & God was happier with him back in WV, IMO. It hurts my heart to see what's happened. I knew him before all of the glitz.

I have so many questions for God when we get there, that He'll probably have to devote an entire month to straightening me out.

It just bothers me how our whole church system is setup to fleece the flock. WHY exactly do these people setup tables to sell their books in church lobbies again? I seriously can't imagine Jesus doing that. Telethons for Jesus?? He turned over the tables of the money changers. I doubt He'd have anything to do with that. He owns everything already.

At the same time, these same TV preachers have no love at all for the lepers, gay people, people with AIDS & other horrible diseases, etc. But, that is what we were COMMANDED to do! LOVE the unlovable. WHERE are the outreaches to HIV and the gay community?? How many times have you heard of a "special offering" taken up for that? & yet, it is today's plague. How much time do we spend holding the hands of lepers while they pass away alone in the hospital? Almost non-existent in the church.

WHERE are the outreaches to women who've had abortions or considering them? That's a little more accepted, because it's more mainstream to do, & more in the church have gone through it. It's a bit more OK to make that mistake than it is to love gay people... & yet, every family has one if you look hard enough. Gay people may be an "abomination" in the eyes of many, but people who've had abortions are murderers, straight up!!! & yet, that's more OK to the average church goer.

There is no commandment that says, "Thou Shalt Not Be Gay", but there is one that says, "Thou Shalt Not Murder". Our priorities are jacked up. I say stick to the Top 10 list, first. It's probably what matters to God the most if he put it in writing with His own finger.

We're supposed to be LOVING, not stoning the "least of these" is my point.

I'm hoping our perfected forms bring out the best in all of us.

Keep looking up, my friends. I'll be posting a little less from now on, because I just can't bear another sideswipe attack. I'll see you all when we get there, though... after a LONG rest. 40 years of this madness is a lot to take.

Know that I love you all, & will forgive any of you that have done me wrong 70x7. I think I'm on 69 1/2 about now. But, I still forgive you.

I love your new icon too, Diane.

Well TN, I guess you might like something like this...house on your own a personal island...

Charity
Well TN, I guess you might like something like this...house on your own a personal island...

That's beautiful, Charity. LOVE it. How DID you know I wanted a lighthouse?!

But, I like your own personal planet idea better! I can take the space shuttle in for big meetings & gatherings. That is, when I HAVE to be around those other "Christians".

Kerry,

I totally agree with what you said about T.D. Jakes. Once he became very famous he seems to have been influenced by all that attention. I imagine it is very hard not to be.

I also agree with you about everything Church. I am completely worn out by the people that get in the way of God. I don't go to Church right now because of it.

I also don't go to Church because it is hard now-a-days to find a church that hasn't been influenced either by the purpose-driven gospel or the Emergent church. I was curious if you had heard of the latter? I truley believe that Texas Sue was not trying to hurt you, but she feels this movement is very dangerous, as I do, because it can so easily deceive.

Love you Kerry! What you said about K.D. Lang was right On!!!!

Donna
Kerry, I missed those remarks about K.D. Lang, didn't see that post.

Her singing is one of the most gifted voices I've ever heard.

I have about 4 of her cd's . . wow, I pray she is searching for the Truth and embraces Jesus!!!

I love her too, Donna.

When I looked into her eyes, she looked like she was really, really deeply searching. I can read people pretty well, being a PK. I think she was open to me that night partly because she always wanted approval from this town, but never got it. So, she seemed to be looking for affirmation from those in the industry that she spoke with backstage that evening. I've had a heavy burden for her ever since. I'll never forget those eyes.

God has placed me over & over in places you wouldn't believe, & I've gotten to see many "other sides" of people. Sometimes good, sometimes not. But, when it comes down to it, celebrities are just people. It isn't all about what's been marketed to you by their record companies, or what you read in the tabloids!

Just IMAGINE what k. d. could do if she decided to sing for Him all of the time like she did @ the Olympics! God GAVE her that voice, REMEMBER? He must've had a reason for doing that. It's not over, 'til it's over.

Gosh I feel really bad .. I posted in that thread.. I did not realize it was a KD Lang bashing thread .. I thought it was a thread on the olympics which I watched the very beginning... and I thought it was boring..with some good special effects but it maybe because I was really tired....

When we had revival at my church a group of lesbian women were very faithful about coming..no one ever turned them away or did anything other than accept them and were glad they were there.... anyway I feel bad now...

Joyful Susan
When we had revival at my church a group of lesbian women were very faithful about coming..no one ever turned them away or did anything other than accept them and were glad they were there....

That's beautiful, JS.

Don't waste time feeling bad, Susan. Just spend time helping your local lesbian. That's what Jesus would do.

People ask WWJD? What the American church WOULDN'T! Get outside your comfort zone (aka the church & your family), & find someone who's not like you. They can likely teach you something — if nothing else, compassion & how to pray.

Carlee
I also don't go to Church because it is hard now-a-days to find a church that hasn't been influenced either by the purpose-driven gospel or the Emergent church. I was curious if you had heard of the latter?

Love you Kerry! What you said about K.D. Lang was right On!!!!

Love you, too, Carlee. Honestly, I've been focusing more on Him & fixing problems with me so I can be ready when He comes than the latest trends. I avoid prosperity churches like the plague, so you can bet I won't be a part of that type of thing.

"...I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

I try to spend my time mostly with real believers like the early church & with people who need my help. Sometimes it's in a church, but most times not.

TN,

Over the last year I have got you know you so to speak from your posts.

The TN I know is a person and a fellow I would gladly stand beside any day and call my brother. I love you in Christ TN.

Me with my thoughts and words etc might sound supportive, but in the next breath I may say something that is cutting and hurts. I am a sinner TN, and I will never get it right until I am called home.

But in no way would I go out to hurt you brother, and if mud was been thrown then I am the man that should wear the most mud, not you nor anyone else here. For it is only the grace of God and his mercies I can boast about.

We are taught TN to be on the look out for false teachings and any thing that goes against the word. Yes I agree, we should target the sin not the sinner. But at the end of the day, I personally feel that it is not wrong for someone to point out in love what they may see as a false teaching. This I know is a very fine line to walk, but love encompasses many things, including the concerns for someone’s soul. So it is about targeting the sin not the sinner, and to guide in love.

I myself am a very poor person in judging others. Over the years I have learnt to keep quite as mostly every time, I have got my interpretations wrong. I remember years ago hearing a visiting pastor and the way he spoke shocked me. He sounded and looked mad. Down the track I moved house and went to a church that he pastored. Well this man I grew to love, he was compassionate, kind and gave of himself to help others.
His biggest problem was when he got nervous; he wore the serious face and sound.

I feel a lot of the churches are not far from the days when Jesus turned the tables in the temple. But that does not mean to say that every person that attends is like that. Many Christians are wholesome and loving brothers and sisters that give of them selves constantly. Many do not judge but shine Gods light.

So TN please do not feel that we are all judgemental brother, if you have ever felt this from me I ask for your forgiveness. Plus I would like to know where I can change my ways to reflect Christs love more to others.

I live and work around non Christians. A lot of my friends are non Christians. I do not do what they do, but I associate with them. I strongly believe that us Christians should be in their face, not to preach but to show in our actions his love. Others should be able to look at us and feel comfortable and that we are forever approachable to be able to share our beliefs with them. What I have seen would shock many, but I was like that once, so I have nothing to judge. The secret is to live in Christ and not to be apart of their sins. For it is their sins, the sinner is the end goal, their salvation in Christ.

From reading your post I gather this is a goodbye from you? I am saddened to know you are leaving with a heavy heart towards us all. You may have forgiven us, but why then are you leaving TN? I have grown to love and respect you, and there will never be another person like you ever. So I am the poorer with your departure my friend.

TN I am starting to ramble here, but if I could reach through the internet wires I would grab you around the ankles and stop you. But I can’t, for you can only see my written words. You cannot see my face or read my body language which says that I want you to stay in fellowship with people that love you.

But if you feel you must leave, then go knowing that as my brother, I LOVE YOU IN CHRIST TN. I hope to see you one day, not from a distant planet, but by my side in fellowship as Christ’s sons in glory.

I will not judge you or anyone else here, for we all have fallen short.

Your brother in Christs love / Paul

OK, Paul, that's beautiful. But, the post in question was not even watched. It was judged before the play button was pressed by more than one person.

I have no doubt in my mind that if I had posted a video by a woman named Brenda Womaning saying the same thing, it would have been lauded. Most all of the words & prophecies reposted here from other people are authored by women. Take note. This is a major imbalance to me, but so is the population reading this board. It's no big deal to me — I understand many women here have been hurt deeply by men. I wish they hadn't been hurt.

My reaction this week is not just to one post. It's to a general judgmental feeling I get reading MANY posts here over the months. I'm like, "Do these people put pants on in the morning?" ROF!

I'm not leaving yet, just posting my own posts less. As of now, I'll be commenting more on others' posts sporadically & running my own mouth less. Mostly, because I just got through a year long court battle & can't deal with any more flaming arrows flung in my direction. What I say means nothing in the long run. I've normally got a much thicker skin, but this year has been a doozey & it's wearing quite thin.

PLUS, I got called away last week to work on a song for the Olympics. It was a major opportunity, and the singer is a believer. It got played on the broadcast Saturday. Stone me again now. Point toward Nashville. So, that was also happening while I was reading all of the negativity about that posted.

I do understand much of the history of the games, but I also know we were commanded to live IN the world. I have chosen to shine my light on a more visible platform for a very long time vs. just in the church. How can we be shining a light just in our little corner? It's brighter in the darkness. The song I worked on shone like a bright light amongst the rest. I was glad to work on it.

I appreciate the info. But, I prefer to take my friend Rich Mullins' opinion from knowing the man over some random gossip from a web board. I don't appreciate the message of what was said being trashed. I also don't think one quote taken from a book is the sum of the book.

All good, tho. I'm not one to dwell on the past long. Most times, I look straight ahead. But, now I'm just looking straight UP & counting the minutes until all the fighting & bickering will be over.

Love you, brother Paul... & everyone else.

TN,

Thank you brother for your reply to my post.I appreciate your honesty and your thoughts.

As we say in Australia, "hang in there mate".

Hopefully TN, this is the year for us all, what we have been awaiting for. Until then may his will be done in all our lives-

Love ybiC / Paul

Brother Kerry, I can feel your pain! I am so sorry you are going through such a rough patch right now! For what it's worth, I have a feeling that many of those folks who are selling Christianity and not loving the unlovable will be those knocking on the door saying Lord Lord, after he has taken his bride and the door is shut. They will have to learn the hard way. My daughter works for a ministry that is very much into the money too, and it puts a real bad taste in her mouth. She directs their television show and can hardly stand most of the messages she has to edit and put on tv.

As far as loving the gay community, we are all sinners and I think if more in the gay community really felt the unconditional love of Christ, they might commit their lives to Him. I have known a few gay people over the years and each that I have talked to has had some very bad past hurt - usually some kind of molestation. I've always wondered if that might be a main cause of them being gay. These people had their trust in other people severed at a very young age.

As far as the murderers go, I was one of them when I was young. I had an abortion and took the life of my child, having no idea what it really meant. It took therapy and prayer, but I know God has forgiven me, and I now volunteer counsel at a Christian pregnancy center in town where I can help other women with unintended pregnancies to make better decisions than I did.

God works all things for good. That much I've figured out over the years.

If you're a PK, then a lot of your pain makes sense. How unfortunate that being a PK means such pain these days. I read the book that Pastor Roland Buck's daughter wrote about him after he passed and his children just adored him because he was such a humble, giving man. True, that was back in a day when the dynamics of families and churches were a lot different, but it should not be THIS different now days. The greed and apostsy that has permeated the church is disgusting and I sure hope God is getting ready to do some serious housecleaning.

Brother, try not to let your siblings in Christ make you bitter. Then you end up being no different than they are. Do your best to take the high and narrow road - pray for them, love them, and let God sort it all out in the end! lol!

Blessings bro - keep your head above water with that "hollywood" crowd you have to deal with!

Love, your sis in Christ, Diane

edit: Just my 2 cents on KD Lang, I think she has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. I have prayed for her before cause I want her to get saved and be in heaven. I think her voice would be an asset to the choir!

Diane my dear Sis,

Sorry to butt in, but I just read what you wrote and what you shared about your life.

Sister, I love you

That took guts, I can never imagine how you must feel. But know that you are a loved child of the Lord.

I have the most deep respect for you and for what you shared.

We ALL have fallen short, it is what we have learnt from a repentant heart that can help save others into life through knowing our precious Lord.

He knows your heart Diane, remember this, he knows you love him.

Thank you Sis, I love you

ybiC / Paul

Brother Paul, thank you SO much for your kind words! You just can't imagine how many women have had abortions! I couldn't believe it until I started working with these women. Also, many women my age have had them because it was so socially unacceptable to unwed and pregnant 30 years or so ago. I was in a church yesterday doing a presentation on our pregnancy center with another woman when she mentioned she had an abortion. I told her I did too and we started comparing notes of how many women we knew that did. It is staggering, really.

I just love the organization I am working with though. Not only do we help pregnant women, but we have free liscensed post-abortion counseling to help women find freedom, forgiveness and healing after an abortion. What a neat ministry it is!

Bless you Sis,

God has used you for his glory out of some thing from your younger years that you regretted.

It is good to share with each other our failures and our triumphs, this makes the Christian a real person. A person that is floored but redemmed by his grace.
A light to the world.

You are doing an important work Diane these days, you made my day

Love ybiC / Paul

Thank you Paul - it made my day to know I made your day! LOL!

I really do love working with the pregnancy center. It's probably the one thing in my life I am MOST sure God has wanted me to do. Other stuff I'm not too sure about sometimes, but there - I really feel at home.

I really get the chance to love the unlovable like Kerry was talking about. Some of these women come in with several kids - all from different fathers, and they don't know who the father is of the one they are pregnant with - and they have no job, no money, sometimes are addicted to drugs - and there they sit, looking at me, wondering what to do THIS time. WOW. God always gives me the right words to say - and I always try to remember that He LOVES these women, and their children, and the fathers of the children - and He died for them and their sins, just like He did for mine. It's a humbling experience, and one I am so priveleged to get to have.

You're my kinda gal, Diane.

You've made a bucketful of mistakes, but you've learned to paint a beautiful new life from them. Me, too!!!

How incredible that you use your time to help those @ the pregnancy center. I try to do that kind of thing with my free time, too... only dealing with musicians, drug addicts, etc. I'm generally the one these famous people call when they get divorced, go into rehab, or are suicidal. I'm glad God placed me where He did, though it's made for some long nights.

One of my biggest regrets in life is that I didn't help River Phoenix when I could have. He came to my window blazed out of his mind two weeks before he overdosed, & I did nothing. I never forgot that night, or the empty look on his face. I was too busy oogling over the movie star, & missed helping the person. It was a tough lesson.

I'm really not bitter — just worn out & regretting much of how I've lived so much of my own life for myself. My Dad was an incredible man, but people in the church beat him up terribly his whole career. Call me son of Job. He never faltered. I did.

I'll be better once I can rest. Not much longer now no matter how you slice it. I've been waiting for 2010 since God told me this would be the year of the start of the trib. in 1977. It's finally HERE! I need my feathers back, tho. I feel like Tweety croaking out his last Chorus.

Oh, I've certainly made mistakes, LOL! I've broken all 10 Commandments, and probably added a few new ones to the list, I think!

You know, even if you didn't help River like you would have liked, I really believe that God was in control of that situation and if there was any help to be had for River, then I am SURE God brought someone else in. He knows our weaknesses and what we will and won't do, even before we do, so His Will was accomplished, one way or the other I am sure.

I have a cousin who was a stand-up comedian and now writes comedy for a popular comedian and I pray for him because he is not saved and is stuck in that whole "star" mentality that you have to deal with in your daily grind too. I don't know how to get through to that certain "mindset". They just don't seem to see that there is so much more to life than just this physical world - and the problem is that they have the money and conveniences to not have to think about it much.

Oh well, enough of my rant. It's late and my mind is wandering to many subjects.

Bless you all on this message. The Lord is moving strong here...this is what following Christ is all about - helping each other. Those that minister to others sometimes don't give in to their own needs. How inspirational you are to me as you minister to each other!

TN Dove: you have taken words out of my thoughts and mind today. Stay strong and on course. You are not alone! Jesus is reclaiming his church...you will see it happen!

Diane: you are truly blessed, to speak so freely about your redemption. I cannot; I don't know why, I just still feel so unworthy and resultantly do not easily share my story. It is helpful for me to see words like you wrote - it is inspiring as to the nature of Christ. How peaceful to have that assurance.

Paul: you are exceptional in agape love. Please continue sharing your spirit; I grow with each word of yours I read.

Blessings,
Angela

Email: angela.shaver@earthlink.net

Diane C
I really believe that God was in control of that situation and if there was any help to be had for River, then I am SURE God brought someone else in.

Thanks for that. I don't know WHY I've thought all this time that I was his last chance, & I blew it. Of COURSE, God could have put someone else in his path in those last two weeks.

I've beat myself up since 1993 over that one. You are so right. Letting... it... GO! Way past time.

Wow, Kerry, I just love this forum! A chance to really get to KNOW people and make a difference! I'm so glad you are able to see the River thing from a different perspective! Be free from the guilt, brother! It was not your fault, nor were you his last chance. If you saw him 2 weeks before his death, that was PLENTY of time for God to bring someone else to him!

Angela, please understand - you are unworthy - I am unworthy. That's the whole point! LOL! We are unworthy, but FORGIVEN in Christ! If you feel led to share your story, you might want to step out in faith and do it. Believe me, once you do, you will find such freedom. It won't be the big dark secret in the closet anymore. It loses ALL its power when exposed to the light of day! Your story, whatever it is, can and will be used to help someone else, when you are ready. Remember that God does work all things for our, and His good!

Blessings and a good night to ya'll! It's sleepy time for me

Dear Kerry,

I am sooo happy to see you posting this morning! You made me smile!

Kerry, it seems that you have been going through just too much STUFF. I hear you! Please know, the Lord hears you and sees you! He knows. As I was reading this and praying for you, I believe the Lord gave me a word for you- Be still, and know that He is God. I don't know if that means anything specifically to you or ministers to you in any way, but I'm passing it along.

I love you!!! I hope I pass the test to be able to have quiet chats about our Savior in glory on your little private island some day soon!

Melanie

Edit: sooo kidding about that 'passing the test' comment- The only test I pass is the "BLOOD test"! Amen to that! Thank you, Jesus!

Diane C
As far as the murderers go, I was one of them when I was young. I had an abortion and took the life of my child, having no idea what it really meant.

Diane...

Don't forget if you ever start beating yourself up about it again that this also puts you in the company of King David — he was a murderer, too. But, he also learned the error of his ways, repented, and found forgiveness. I'd take that company any day. You truly are a woman after God's own heart.

Love you, sister. Thanks for the kind words last evening.

Dear family, I feel so privileged to be a part of you all. None of us are perfect--FAR FROM IT! But we all have the desire & ability, through Christ, to lift each other up in the midst of this cold world.

Kerry, thank you for opening up and sharing some of your experiences with us. I know you know....I CAN IDENTIFY about the PK thing. My dad has been chewed up and spit out more times than I care to admit--by fellow Christians (the "elders" were actually the meanest)! How can this be?!?!?! The most recent 'incident' happened just this last Fall. My parents now have no home church and my dad isn't sure what to do next. I think God is just wanting him to "be still and know..." which is a difficult thing for my dad to do. God is certainly using this for good, I am sure!

Anyway, I'm typing with one hand here so I need to make this short...

I hope you stick around with us, Kerry. We're not perfect, but we truly love each other and we're open to correction (most of us anyway). And if one of us responds defensively, that's something the Lord needs to work out in that person's heart. Just give it to the Lord and don't let bitterness take root. I know you're tired of dealing with other Christians, but we need each other!

I love ya brother! ~Char

TN Dove
Diane C
As far as the murderers go, I was one of them when I was young. I had an abortion and took the life of my child, having no idea what it really meant.

Diane...

Don't forget if you ever start beating yourself up about it again that this also puts you in the company of King David — he was a murderer, too. But, he also learned the error of his ways, repented, and found forgiveness. I'd take that company any day. You truly are a woman after God's own heart.

Love you, sister. Thanks for the kind words last evening.

Thank you so much for your kind words too, brother Kerry! I don't beat myself up much these days regarding my abortion. I am FINALLY feeling God's forgiveness and love more than ever! Helping the other women really makes a difference because in accepting them, I am able to forgive myself more. Believe me, I have thought of King David MANY times and how he was beloved of the Lord and that has comforted me so much!

I can see all of us on this forum really becoming more Christ-like - in hyper speed mode it seems. I really think God is using this forum to make us into what He wants and needs us to be for such a time as this. He knows we need the forum because most of us cannot find ANY like-minded people within our circle of friends and family, so we NEED each other on this forum so that our "iron can sharpen iron".

What a blessing!

Charity, please tell your dad that no matter what other Christians have said or done to him, one thing we here know - that he did an AWESOME job raising you, because you are such a BLESSING to us! Your dad was used by God to create you to be a blessing to us. That part of God's Will just couldn't be clearer! Enjoy your in-laws this week! Hopefully you'll be able to get some rest and a little "you" time if you have some help with the girls for awhile.

Love you, my siblings in Christ!!

Lady Di

TNDove I couldn't see the video you posted as I got timed out but get the drift of what you're saying. I sometimes feel blessed not to have grown up in church at all as I came to it from a blank sheet so to speak. Sometimes PK's and even just kids growing up in Christian families can have it harder in some ways. For me it was all new having come from a Jewish background.

About our backgrounds, if it hadn't been for the Lord's hand on me, I probably wouldn't have come out of my youth alive. Now because of the Lord I have a good life. But the Lord has spoken to me very strongly about not judging not only because of the pit from which I was dug but because we should never never judge other people in that way. I was brought up about this big-time in a shattering dream. So about gay people or whatever people, I don't really react or if I do, I should know better.

I'm very intrigued to hear that so far back the Lord spoke to you about 2010. Not sure if you want to share about that but if you ever do, I'd love to hear it.
Shalom bro'
Ditta

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com