Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Texas Sue, I love you

I've been knee deep working on a song for the Olympics last week, but wanted you to know I've been praying for you & Jerry. Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about you both & said a prayer since you first mentioned it. I've been so slammed with work, that I haven't been able to see or think straight enough to post.

I lost my best friend, co-writer & studio partner to lymphoma in 2003, & probably know more about the ordeal than most here. I was his sole caretaker for the 3 1/2 years preceding. 17 rounds of chemo. I can only imagine what you're feeling right now. Just remembering my own ordeal is still about too much to think about even now. I try not to because it makes me cry, like I am at the moment. For me, it took 9 months following his death to even want to get out of bed.

His name was Lynn Michael Coffey. We were like David & Jonathan, and I've never had a closer friend. He wrote a song called, "Make Me An Instrument" that the Archers recorded. Some of you may have heard it. It might be a good song to do @ the funeral. Let me know if you want me to send you a copy. I got my 2nd momma LuLu Roman to record a version you can have either way. Just post your email.

I want you to know that I understand that you have so much on your mind right now, that I'm sure your intentions were good in the things you posted a few weeks ago. When you get in that mode, all you want to do is protect people. I get it.

Part of why I haven't responded to you is because of my own ordeal with losing my best friend to cancer. It was ugly, long & very painful to go through... & my wounds have been freshly ripped opened yet again in dealing with his greedy sister this year. I just finished up with that, & had started to heal again when your posts about cancer started appearing.

Sometimes things aren't as they seem. I pray Jerry's transition isn't as tough as mine was.

Love you, Texas Susie. You'll get through this.

Re: Texas Sue, I love you

Dear TN Dove,

What a lovely, heartfelt response to Texas Sue. I'm sure this will touch her heart.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend. I pray to the Lord to give you His love and comfort. I ask that He heals you of all wounds.

When people are tender and sensitive, others may not understand what kind of a sore spot they may have hit in that persons heart, without meaning to.

God bless you.

I am so sorry, TNDove. I can't imagine the heartbreak you must be going through. I will lift you up in my prayers for peace and comfort through this terrible time for you.

bttt

Dearest Texas Sue - First, I want to tell you that I love you dear sister. Second, I am so sorry to hear about the death of your dear friend to the pancreatic cancer - I am so sorry that I was not here for you and to give you support - I apologize for being a bad sister - please forgive me. I know that your dear friend is in heaven - she can see the Lord's dear, sweet face! I know she is seeing things and hearing things that we can only imagine! I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and kiss - even give you a teddy bear if I could! I will keep you and your friend Jerry in my prayers. I know he is going thru a really tough time right now - I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a spouse - I know it is pure torture.

Please forgive me for not being there for you dear sister - I love you and am giving you a hug right now in my heart!! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

T Sue, Hoping that things are going well for you. Have been missing your posts but figure that you are keeping busy!! Love your sis in Christ Melissa

I am so behind on everything from being away 2 weeks.
I just saw that Texas Sue lost her friend. I was praying about that and for them.

Sue I am sorry. I love you.

TN You are a precious Saint and I could cry at what you went through and what a good man of God you are.
I am sorry for your loss as well.

Thank God for the hope we have in Christ that we will be reunited with our loved ones very soon.

2HisHonor
TN You are a precious Saint and I could cry at what you went through and what a good man of God you are.

Thank God for the hope we have in Christ that we will be reunited with our loved ones very soon.

Awww, 2HH... I'm OK. I've had a big X on my back since the day I was born, so I'm used to it.

I think all PK's are born with big X's on their backs & a sign attached that says, "Kick me, please... twice for fun if you're in the church!". The other ones here like Charity understand. It never ends as long as we're here.

Hopefully, the kicking stops at some point soon. Getting pretty worn out, but still looking up. Looking forward to being reunited with so, so many saints. I'm the least of them.

"He must increase, but I must decrease."

TN Dove
2HisHonor

Awww, 2HH... I'm OK. I've had a big X on my back since the day I was born, so I'm used to it.

I think all PK's are born with big X's on their backs & a sign attached that says, "Kick me, please... twice for fun if you're in the church!". The other ones here like Charity understand. It never ends as long as we're here.

Hopefully, the kicking stops at some point soon. Getting pretty worn out, but still looking up. Looking forward to being reunited with so, so many saints. I'm the least of them.

"He must increase, but I must decrease."

TN You are in a good place then.
Your present sufferings do not begin to compare to the GLORY that will be revealed in YOU!
Your suffering will be over soon. No doubt!

Texas Sue, I'd like to join in this "I love you" thread! I've been thinking of you often this week. I pray the Lord's blessings upon you as you grieve Vicki's death, comfort her friends, and take comfort in the FACT that you will soon be reunited with her in Glory.

God bless you, sis. I love you.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com