Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Getting Close to Jesus Christ is Costly

By David J. Stewart

“ Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.” —2nd Timothy 3:12

In sharp contrast to the heretical health, wealth and prosperity preaching of our time, the Bible teaches that getting too close to Christ will be costly. In fact, it'll cost you everything if you get too close.

Most believers have been errantly taught that God wants them to be happy, and to have their prayers answered and for everything in this life to go in their favor. However, Romans 8:29 tells us... “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son.” God's purpose for us is that we be CONFORMED INTO THE IMAGE OF CHRIST. The only way this can happen is if we SUFFER with Jesus. Romans 8:17 states: “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” God's will is that we SUFFER as Jesus suffered that we might be increasingly conformed into the image of Christ. If we never go through trials and tribulation, then we'll never grow.

A faith must be tested. The Apostle Paul was broke financially. Paul wasn't lazy. Paul wasn't uneducated. Paul followed Christ too closely and was persecuted for it. If you want to follow Jesus Christ, I mean really follow Him, then you will have no choice but to pick up a cross and be crucified with Him. The Bible warns us in 2nd Timothy 3:12 that those who live godly in Christ Jesus SHALL SUFFER. There is no way around it. If you claim to follow Jesus Christ, and are not suffering, then you are not living godly. Godly living in Christ Jesus means preaching the Gospel to lost sinners, departing from sin and making a difference for Christ in this world. The unsaved world hates Jesus, hates the Bible, and hates those believers who exemplify the Lord in their life . . .

“If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also” (John 15:19-20).

Being a born-again Christian has never been popular with the sinful world. Jesus said that a man's enemies would be they of his own household. When you're a Christian, the Devil will turn everybody who is unsaved or away from the Lord against you...

“And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it” (Matthew 10:36-39).

But Jesus tells us that we must decide between Him and our loved ones. Jesus must be the center hub of our life. If we center our life around our spouse or children, then our life will fall apart when they abandon us or depart. It's so important that we make Jesus Christ the center of our life, so that we may be able to weather the severe storms of this life, with all its disappointments, heartaches, failures and times of overwhelming loneliness.

If we love the Lord Jesus more than our loved ones, then we will be able to continue living for Him even when our loved ones forsake us, and hurt us and forget about us. Jesus is always with us... “and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen” (Matthew 28:20).

Many people today go around talking about Jesus, love and faith; but they don't want to endure any suffering, heartache or woe. But you can be assured that the heartache, problems, tiredness, disappointments, loneliness, overwhelming grief, tribulation and frightening times will come into your life. It's just a matter of time friend. Whether or not you make it will depend upon your relationship with Jesus Christ. If Jesus is the center hub of your life, as seen in the center hub of the wagon wheel pictured to the right, then all the weight of the cart and its tremendous load will be carried by Christ and not you alone.

When you decide to live for God, Satan will come after you with all the hordes of Hell... “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Because of Peter's loyalty to Jesus Christ, Satan desired to sift him as wheat... “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat” (Luke 22:31). And you can be rest assured my friend that Satan wants to sift you as wheat too. Sifting means to pass through a strainer, to separate grain. Satan wants to sift us and rob us of everything dear to us in life. The more you do for God, the more Satan will come after you. The Devil will cause your closest friends and dearest loved ones to become your bitterest enemies, and do you the most harm.

Our only hope is to put on the armour of God: truth, righteousness, the Gospel, faith, salvation, the Word of God and prayer (Ephesians 6:13-18). It should not be surprising when loved ones or friends suddenly turn against us, for this is what the Lord said would happen in Matthew 10:36. All we can do is pray for our enemies, search the Scriptures, go soulwinning with the Gospel, live for the Lord and rejoice that our name is written in Heaven. Amen!

Getting close to Christ is costly, so costly that you'll eventually lose everything in your life . . .

“And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.” —Matthew 10:38-39

-------------------------------------------------

Re: Getting Close to Jesus Christ is Costly

Glory,

Thank you for this word, so so true. It has got me thinking.

To take up your cross and to follow our Lord might seem like a roll off the tongue statement, but it carries many costs. And the biggest cost felt by a Christian is within the family home and outer circle of friendships.

I came to know Jesus in my life through the death of a close friend in 1990. I still remember the day when Brad’s motorbike ploughed into the side of a car turning in front of him. Through his parents and the love they had for our Lord, I gave my life as a sinner redeemed in our precious Christ Jesus.

Freedom and love and forgiveness, my life was to be never the same again. If I could look through the years I would see many trials ahead, but at that point in time I only wanted and desired Jesus.

To step back a bit in time, I grew up with an older Sister, brother and a younger sister. Both my parent were only children from hard up bringing’s. Now that I look back as the man I am, I can see that they did their best with the only tools that they owned, experience. Growing up as a middle child, I always took a back seat to my elder brother and sister. My brother was a mans man, where as I was a gentle child at heart. To this I was ridiculed and taunted not only by my brother but by my mother. I did not fit the box that my brother owned. I was always told off if I kissed my mother too much etc.

Fast forward through the years, and in walks Paul into the family home a born again Christian. Imagine the sparks that flew. I was zealous and on fire, and I stood my ground.

I was brought up in a wishy washy Christian environment. And once I became a Christian I was told I was narrow minded, brain washed. I was told to be tolerant of other religions. I even was told that it is better to believe in many religions in part as we really do not know which the right one is. This idealism brought many years of in your face stories of psychics , eastern religions, Christianity etc etc. And all this from my own family.

To me there is only one God, one way, one truth, and one door. And that is Jesus Christ my Lord and saviour.

Many years of pain trying to witness to those that I loved, only to be rejected. Only a Christian can under stand the pain of seeing loved family members throw away the message of truth. To loose their souls.

My views these days are that I have to give it all to the Lord; he is the only one that can change a heart of stone at the 11th hour of life. But I still pray for my loved ones.

To the present time in my life, I am still surrounded by loved ones that respect my beliefs but do not want to commit. I get up very early every day of the week including weekends. This is my time, from 5am to 7am. This is the time when I sit with my God, the time of prayer and of his word. Even now I am asked why are you getting up so early, sleep in etc. I come out frankly and tell that I am spending it with Jesus, and I love it. And I always finish off by saying; I also pray for you that you may know his love.

Family are one of the biggest crosses we have to bear in his name. For family can hurt more than a stranger’s bitterness. I am ever reminded how Jesus was rejected in his home town.

There are many times I see attacks towards me from loved ones, but now I know exactly where and whom these attacks originate. satan
For family know your biggest secrets, what truly hurts you. And satan knows this too, so what a better way to attack a Christian than through family.

These days I let my love and actions speak to my loved ones, but ever ready to share the truth that is in Christ Jesus. Some days I feel like a loved one is so ready to accept his gift of life, and other days I feel that they have run a mile from him. But as his child I can only plant seeds, pray and give them to him.

I made a decision many years ago that I would be different to the cast that was set for me. I made the decision that I would tell everybody close to me how I feel, how I love them. I was not going to be conformed; I was going to break the cycle. And it has only been through Christ my precious Lord that I have been able to do this. I am not the perfect Son, father, brother, friend. I have many faults, but through God I have changed the mould set for me in life.

Everyday with loved ones, every time I am with my children or talk to them, I say the same things. I love you. Do you know how proud I am of you, do you realise that you mean so much to my life, that you are a gift from God that I cherish.

Fight the fights worth fighting, overcome evil. Pick up your cross and defeat evil by his blood, his power, his grace and by one of his biggest commandments given to us all, his love.

For his love conquers all evil-

In his beautiful love / Paul

So what is the point that David J. Stewart is trying to make..

We know from history that the Roman Emporers were evil and did wicked things to not only Christians but to anyone that got in their way or to achieve their own greed.

There was one Emporer that had virgins brought in that he abused, from throughout the Province.. These people were wicked and sinful and in POWER..

We see Hitler's devastion a few years ago, another wicked person.

If a nation has a "righteous" ruler we rejoice..

Pr 29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

As Christians we suffer from daily life just like non-christians do..

Some people want to get back into the law thing again. Oh, we have to abuse ourselves to be accounted favorable to God.. Oh, we have to do this or do that before we can be worthy..

I just read another post where we have to get rid of all sin from our heart before God would hear us..

What a stupid thing to even think.. If that were the case there would be absolutely NO ONE SAVED...

We are all sinners and will always be sinners. End of story..

Jesus came to save sinners..

If we believe that God raised his Son from the dead, and sitting in Heaven (interceding on our behalf as the Mediator), then we are saved and covered his shed blood.

23 ¶ Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Now the only thing that saves us is our belief that Jesus was raised from the dead, by FAITH believing he gave his life, shed blood, for your and my sins.

It is Christ that cleanses us, makes us whole, heals our diseases, etc..

We are sinners until that day we leave earth in a new glorified body.

The only difference between a Christian and a non-christian is, we are just a sinner that have been saved by Jesus, but we are still a sinner, but we are covered by his shed blood..

Faith in Jesus and NOT by WORKS are you saved.. Do not try to push legalizm or works into this FREE GIFT.

Of course I see in the book of James, that he is trying to push works into the picture again. Faith is believing in Jesus and it is the Holy Spirit that does the work.. It's out of our hands..

Now after we come to Christ, we should have enough love that our desires is to reach out to others in their salvation.

I hear preachers making silly statements that God does not hear or answer prayers until you repent. Well, I know for a fact that is wrong.

The Holy Spirit was with me since I was 13 years old. I didn't accept Jesus into my heart and make it public until I was 20.. But after I did that, the Holy Spirit spoke to me between my ears after that.

God is the one that comes to you for his Son, NOT YOU LOOKING for his son usually... It is the Holy Spirit that touches your heart in conviction that you need Jesus.. It is also the Holy Spirit that touches your Heart when you stumble after you are a Christian. Just let the Holy Spirit guide you, and then you'll walk that narrow path..

Listening to hog-wash will cause you to feel guilty for no reason what so ever.... Let the Holy Spirit be your guide.. He will not mis-lead..

Joseph

RJ Brother,

When I read this I was not looking at the works doctrine as I agree with you in this regard.

I was looking at the die to yourself, to take up your cross everyday for Jesus, guided by the Holy Spirit.

It is only by his love and his grace, not works of any description.

Love ybiC / Paul

Yes, RJ, we can count on the fact that this life is a process in the making til Jesus comes for us. Our Father would be amiss if He didn't expect His children to grow spiritually, in the power of God's Grace..

I am remembering Christ's disciples along the way before Jesus ascended, Jesus saying, . . oh ye men of little faith.

When Peter asked, our Lord, 'but what about him (referring to John) . . Jesus answered: "What is that to you" . . In other words, each of has a destiny in which Jesus will help us walk . .

We can assume our Lord didn't marvel over much on earth. Can anyone guess what our Lord did find amazing among His people? He marveled at "FAITH" . those who expressed FAITH in the gospel Truth Jesus found amazing.

Brothers and sisters,

Am I right in what I wrote?

Faith is the key, not works.

But I agree that been a Christian and shining your light comes at a cost. And that cost is rejection from others that do not know.

But that does not mean that we should love them any less.

Am I missing something, have I interpretated this wrong?

Love ybiC / Paul

Paul, dear brother, you are right in what you wrote!!! . . Faith and Love is what matters to our Lord among His saved.

I'm convinced brokenness and contrition is what draws the Holy Spirit to save.

Jesus knew exactly, didn't He, the reality of the broken souls in heart, the sick and the hopeless and downtrodden,

Jesus expects us to do good works this side of Merciful saving Grace.

. . Paul affirms faith through Grace and James affirms faith producing works pleasing to the Lord. Both are speaking Truth.

I hope that helps, dear Paul . . !!

This post was meant for me.I've read this two different places and you are a blessing.Thank You

Email: tonieroberson@yahoo.com

Donna...

Words that are right on. We are saved by grace, not of works, lest any should boast. If we boast, we boast in what Christ has done, not what we have done.

Simply put, I am nothing more than I ever have been, and that is a sinner saved by grace.

The thing that attract God is a humble and a contrite spirit. He said "that He would not despise". A teachable spirit. Notice that when we are saved, we become a "new creation". That implies that Christ not only comes into our lives and cleans house, but He has created a new person on the inside.

Blessings!!!

YBIC
Steve

Amen, Steve . . . . we are saved by Grace . . and with Christ's costly salvation covering His children, He surely shall give us all the Light and Love we can hold.

As far as works accounted, I believe in Heaven there are different 'degrees' of Light and Joy experienced among the saved based on crowns . . .

Supremely Great was our Lord's gracious Saving of the thief on the Cross. While our Lord was dying, His face marred beyond human recognition, and His pain incalculable, He still reached and saved!!

The Son of God looked at the thief who asked our Lord to remember him when He came into His Kingdom. Our Savior said to the thief, 'this day you will be with Me in Paradise. What a God of Love and Grace and unsurpassed Love for His people!!

The thief cried out for salvation breathing his last breath, and was saved . . . amazing Grace, how sweet Thou Art!!!

I am in TOTAL agreement, Glory. The Lord has confirmed this with me again recently in a big way. Obedience isn't a works doctrine. Faith without works is dead and the only works that matter are the ones that the Lord asks us to do...not the things we in our own power and strength DECIDE to do....these works are the ones in which we will receive reward.

We are to totally die to self and only do the will of the Father just as Christ did. He didn't say or do anything unless the Father instructed Him to. We are to have the mind of Christ. Sure we are forgiven of every sin we repent of and even future sins, but we have a very VERY big responsibility to be obedient.

Grace does not negate the law. The law is designed to show the natural godly order the Lord has set up. He decides who is in charge and it is OUR duty to be obedient to anyone who has authority over us, even if we don't agree with them. We don't call them out for their sin, but lift them up in intercessory prayer asking the Lord to forgive them for their sins and to have mercy on them. The Lord puts people in positions of authority and removes them from positions of authority....this is His job, not ours. If He places us in a difficult position of subservience it is to TRAIN us in being obedient.

We are in training here on Earth to learn to be totally obedient and committed to the Lord. We are to rule and reign with Him, but it is foolish to give such power to sinful man who has not learned to die to self and be obedient to the will of our Lord. Obedience and trust go hand in hand. If we are being obedient to the will of the Father, then we are in effect showing our TRUST in Him and therefore exhibiting faith.

The more obedient we are here, the more reward and authority we will receive ruling with Christ.

This has nothing to do with grace. He forgives our sins...every one of them. But those who don't try to please the Father by doing His will are going to suffer HUGE loses in the life to come. Those who fail to suffer to obedience will never become true mature sons of God....but will remain in infancy.

Here is the difference between a true son of God and a servant of God. A servant only does something because it is commanded of him by a higher authority and he receives no inheritance. A son by rights has All the inheritance if he is obedient. A son can forfeit this right as Esau did for a bowl of stew.....Reuben forfeited his rights as firstborn being adulterous with his father's concubine.

Too many Christians take grace too far, not owning up to the responsibility they have by being sons of God. The reward we will receive is the prize Paul talked about...of the high calling...this is the race. We should all be striving to win this race and we do it through obedience....not works...and not by grace. Few will win the race and receive the prize....even Paul wasn't sure he would win the race.

Measuring myself against Paul, I have a TON more work to do in short order and I know it is only through the strength of the Lord that I can possibly attain such an honor. I cannot do it in my own strength...realizing this is the first step in attaining this prize. It is called submission and that is what the Lord has been calling me out on lately and working with me to submit every facet of my life over to Him even if it makes no sense to me....even if it seems questionable.

If we choose to be children of disobedience, YES if we believe in Christ our spirits are saved, but our souls will suffer loss, there will be a loss of rewards and WEEPING and GNASHING OF TEETH. These are Christians gnashing their teeth...not in hell, but in heaven for their loss from disobedience.

Works matter.....but defining works is tricky. Works are ONLY those things the Lord has asked us to do.....as this shows our obedience. So obedience in essence is the ONLY work that matters as it is a testimony of our faith and trust in the Lord.

Wanted to add one more thing. Much of the obedience is perpetuated through the act of Love...nothing is more important than love. The act of love causes a man to give all of himself for another and in essence 'die' to self. For those you love, the more you are willing to suffer, so my other big focus has been on learning to love like Christ loved. How can this be a work? To want to emulate the Lord in obedience and love?

Talking about salvation with Christians seems rather pointless as we are saved by grace....but we need to be focusing on PREPARATION and OBEDIENCE.....and this can only be attained through submission to the authority of the Lord to do the work in us and shape us into His perfect image. If we aren't willing to submit, there will be a huge price to pay....or rather a huge loss in our eternal life will be the result.

There will be a hierarchy in heaven, just as there is here on Earth.

Paul/Aussie
Brothers and sisters,

Am I right in what I wrote?

Faith is the key, not works.

But I agree that been a Christian and shining your light comes at a cost. And that cost is rejection from others that do not know.

But that does not mean that we should love them any less.

Am I missing something, have I interpretated this wrong?

Love ybiC / Paul

Paul, I believe the only works that matter are those the Lord calls us to do IN HIS STRENGTH.....these will not be burned up as hay, wood or stubble. So basically the work we are to do is to submit and let HIM do the work in us....this obedience to Him shows our TRUST in Him and therefore, the strength of our FAITH in Him.

Basically if He says 'jump' we say 'how high?'...LOL....and then we trust Him to enable us to jump as high as He asks us to through HIS strength and not our own.

Amen hun...and amen...and amen.

And indeed you shall attain in short order...for He planted the desire in your heart...and the wisdom in your mind.

David

Email: im_davidwhelan@yahoo.com

Dee
I am in TOTAL agreement, Glory. The Lord has confirmed this with me again recently in a big way. Obedience isn't a works doctrine. Faith without works is dead and the only works that matter are the ones that the Lord asks us to do...not the things we in our own power and strength DECIDE to do....these works are the ones in which we will receive reward.

We are to totally die to self and only do the will of the Father just as Christ did. He didn't say or do anything unless the Father instructed Him to. We are to have the mind of Christ. Sure we are forgiven of every sin we repent of and even future sins, but we have a very VERY big responsibility to be obedient.

Grace does not negate the law. The law is designed to show the natural godly order the Lord has set up. He decides who is in charge and it is OUR duty to be obedient to anyone who has authority over us, even if we don't agree with them. We don't call them out for their sin, but lift them up in intercessory prayer asking the Lord to forgive them for their sins and to have mercy on them. The Lord puts people in positions of authority and removes them from positions of authority....this is His job, not ours. If He places us in a difficult position of subservience it is to TRAIN us in being obedient.

We are in training here on Earth to learn to be totally obedient and committed to the Lord. We are to rule and reign with Him, but it is foolish to give such power to sinful man who has not learned to die to self and be obedient to the will of our Lord. Obedience and trust go hand in hand. If we are being obedient to the will of the Father, then we are in effect showing our TRUST in Him and therefore exhibiting faith.

The more obedient we are here, the more reward and authority we will receive ruling with Christ.

This has nothing to do with grace. He forgives our sins...every one of them. But those who don't try to please the Father by doing His will are going to suffer HUGE loses in the life to come. Those who fail to suffer to obedience will never become true mature sons of God....but will remain in infancy.

Here is the difference between a true son of God and a servant of God. A servant only does something because it is commanded of him by a higher authority and he receives no inheritance. A son by rights has All the inheritance if he is obedient. A son can forfeit this right as Esau did for a bowl of stew.....Reuben forfeited his rights as firstborn being adulterous with his father's concubine.

Too many Christians take grace too far, not owning up to the responsibility they have by being sons of God. The reward we will receive is the prize Paul talked about...of the high calling...this is the race. We should all be striving to win this race and we do it through obedience....not works...and not by grace. Few will win the race and receive the prize....even Paul wasn't sure he would win the race.

Measuring myself against Paul, I have a TON more work to do in short order and I know it is only through the strength of the Lord that I can possibly attain such an honor. I cannot do it in my own strength...realizing this is the first step in attaining this prize. It is called submission and that is what the Lord has been calling me out on lately and working with me to submit every facet of my life over to Him even if it makes no sense to me....even if it seems questionable.

If we choose to be children of disobedience, YES if we believe in Christ our spirits are saved, but our souls will suffer loss, there will be a loss of rewards and WEEPING and GNASHING OF TEETH. These are Christians gnashing their teeth...not in hell, but in heaven for their loss from disobedience.

Works matter.....but defining works is tricky. Works are ONLY those things the Lord has asked us to do.....as this shows our obedience. So obedience in essence is the ONLY work that matters as it is a testimony of our faith and trust in the Lord.

AWESOME AMD TOTALLY SCRIPTURAL EXPLANATION, DEE! THIS REALLY BLESSED ME SO MUCH!!!!!

I agree with David J Stewart as believers we must expect suffering.

For there is a type of suffering we must endure in order to partake in the rapture.

For those who are not prepared to crucify the flesh will be left behind.

I believe the rapture is going to occur on the Day of First-fruits (16th of Nisan).

This year, it falls on the 2nd of April 2010.

The Lord received His Glorified Body on the 16th of Nisan 34 AD.

Note His Words,

"O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! "Ought not the Christ to have SUFFERED THESE THINGS and to ENTER INTO HIS GLORY?" (Luke 24:25,26)

Again we read,

"...all things must be FULFILLED which were WRITTEN in the Law...thus it is necessary for Christ to SUFFER and to rise from the dead the THIRD DAY (which is the Day of First fruits) (Luke 24:44,46)

We also must fulfill all that is written in the Word in order to receive our glorified bodies on the third Day. It will not happen if we are not prepared to nail our flesh to the cross.

This is why Paul writes,

"...if indeed we SUFFER with Him (now), that we may also be glorified together. For I consider that the SUFFERINGS of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Rom.8:17,18)

In Christ the Glory of the Father was already in Him, it was his suffering, however, that brought it out and produce His Glorified body.

In the same way the The Glory of Jesus is already in us, it is the suffering of rejecting the lust demands of our flesh daily that will bring it out and produce our glorified bodies on the Day of Firstfruits.

Paul further writes,

"...he who loves another has FULFILLED THE LAW.

For the commandments."

"You shall not commit adultery, "

"You shall not murder,"

"You shall not steal,"

"You shall not bear false witness,"

"You shall not covet, "

and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely,

"You shall love your neighbour as yourself."

Love does no harm to a neighbour; therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLMENT OF THE LAW." (Rom.13:8-10)

Many believers don't seem to understand that the reason why they must use there own lips to speak the Law and the Prophets (the Word) is so that the Lord, through the Holy Ghost, can fill them with the love for others.

This is why Paul wrote to the Galatians,

"...through love serve one another. For all the Law is FULFILLED in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbour as yourself." (5:13,14)

We love the Lord by receiving His Holy Spirit as we speak His Word. His Spirit will then fill us with love for others. This love will make us always do what is in the best interest of others.

All the things we say and do by the love of God in us is what is called "first-fruits"

This is why I believe the Lord is coming on the Day of First-fruits to give use our glorified bodies.

For we read,

"...we also who have the first-fruits of the (Holy) Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body." (Rom.8:23)

Only those who have first-fruits are going to be raptured. For only these have crucified the flesh and its lust in order to allow the Holy Spirit to produce first-fruits in them.

All those who excuse the flesh or indulge the flesh are doing it at the expense of producing first-fruits.

This is why many lukewarm Christians are going to find themselves in the Great tribulation for the destruction of the flesh in order to save their spirit.

This is why now before the rapture we must judge our flesh by living in the Spirit.

For Paul said,

"For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judge, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world." (1Cor.11:31,32)

In the Great Tribulation, the lukewarm christian as well as the wicked are going to experience the destruction of the flesh.

The difference is that while the spirits of repentant believers will be saved and raised up into heaven, the spirits of the wicked will be condemned and cast into hell.

What many may not know is that the repentant believers, that die in the great tribulation, won't be receiving glorified bodies until 3017!!!

That is over 1000 years from now!!!

The only ones who will receive glorified bodies in 2017 are those who become martyrs during the great tribulation.

Email: olailori777@yahoo.co.uk

Firstfruits can only be on a Sunday. (Lev 23) Therefore, April 4th is Firstfruit this year.

Gary, that was a very good article you posted and Paul, you are just awesome. I wish I could fellowship face to face with you each day. You are a Mans Man to me. Joesph and Donna and Dee, you are right on with your comments from my way of believing.

It seems to me that the race the apostle Paul was talking about was not for the purpose of winning Salvation. The race can only be run by those who already have salvation and the Holy Spirit to guide them. All true "born again" believers will win the race they are in because they will all cross the finish line at the same time, at the last trump. We will all meet the Lord in the air together. AMEN? HE IS THE PRIZE.

Love you all

Tom

Thank you all so much for your responses to this article, when i found it surfing the net yesterday i knew i had to share this article with you all here on RITA

the main point of this article i believe the author was trying to get across is that the closer your Christian walk is to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the higher the personal cost is going to be

just look at the first 12 disciples of Jesus, who walked with Him, watched his death and resurrection, were filled with the Holy Spirit, and then took the Gospel message all over the world. Their didn't live their lives in a Rose Garden after they started sharing the salvation message of Jesus Christ

they were beaten, thrown in jail many times, they were hungry and at times homeless, and 11 of the 12 were killed for their faith

yes my friends, walking close to Jesus is costly. I know from personal experience, the more time i spent doing evangelism witnessing, the more attacks that came my way. satan does not want us to have a close walk with Jesus, and satan surly does not want to see Christians sharing the gospel message and doing soul winning

Jesus Himself even said- to count the cost before you decide if you really want to serve Him, He obviously knew what He was talking about

in all this though, Paul reminds us that there are many Eternal Rewards waiting for all faithful believers in heaven who serve God in this life !!!

Yes, wanted to thank you for this article, Glory.... it really confirmed many things to me as I have been in the crucible concerning following some things the Lord told me to do.. seems ever since I made up my mind to follow Him at all costs things have been SO HARD. I'm setting my face like flint and pressing in, by His grace.

Thanks so much!
Melanie

i think that right now there are many Christians who are in the firey furnace, having their faith tested in adversity and hardship

its no fun going thru hardship and sufferings, but keeping our faith in Jesus strong thru out the adversity will result in wonderful eternal blessings

The cost in this world is huge....it is all about laying down your entire life....your ENTIRE WILL and being completely obedient and being willing to be led where you do not wish to go if it is the Lord's will.

Obviously we can only do this through His strength and in effect are chosen for this honor....since every detail of our lives has been planned since before the foundation of the world.

I question my ability to do this and though I desire it greatly I know in my own strength there is NO WAY.....I can only do it if He gives me the strength...at least I finally realize this now.

I just worry that time has run out for Him to perfect the good work in me...I've come a long way but I have SO FAR to go...and we all know time is short. I will be weeping over wasted opportunity....at least He says He will be wiping every tear away right?

A new truth just hit me yesterday...but being obedient to the authorities the Lord puts in your life is part of submitting to His will....even if it is unfair and unjust.....just how hard is this to do? In effect we are to leave the judging to Him....I have a very hard time with it....for example I am not happy with our President, but I have to submit to the fact that the Lord allowed Him to come into power, so I am to submit to this president....or an awful boss....or a terrible husband. (My husband is great, but that is just an example.)...and we are to endure injustice in silence and without complaint....giving the glory to the Lord and allowing HIM to correct the situation if it is unfair....since ultimately He is the top governmental authority...not us.

Anyway...I am still working through this trying to understand it thoroughly with scripture etc.....but this for me will be VERY hard to do as I am the kind of person that likes to correct an injustice and this is being willfully disobedient if it is coming up against an authority figure.

Dee, as long as your alive, God will still be working in your life. Time won't run out untill God calls us all home, untill that day arrives God will continue to mold your life for His Eternal Purposes

remember, Jesus said to trust Him for control of our lives. Give Him control of your entire life, its the best decision you will ever make !!!

Tom
Firstfruits can only be on a Sunday. (Lev 23) Therefore, April 4th is Firstfruit this year.

Gary, that was a very good article you posted and Paul, you are just awesome. I wish I could fellowship face to face with you each day. You are a Mans Man to me. Joesph and Donna and Dee, you are right on with your comments from my way of believing.

It seems to me that the race the apostle Paul was talking about was not for the purpose of winning Salvation. The race can only be run by those who already have salvation and the Holy Spirit to guide them. All true "born again" believers will win the race they are in because they will all cross the finish line at the same time, at the last trump. We will all meet the Lord in the air together. AMEN? HE IS THE PRIZE.

Love you all

Tom

Tom, agree! Firstfruits and Pentecost will always fall on Sunday regardless of what the phoney calendars say.
The Bible makes this clear. Yes, April 4th this year

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

You all make me feel sooo much better. I was feeling down today over the confrontation I had with my brother, and his & my nephew constantly mocking and scoffing at me about our Rapture.

I began to wonder if perhpas the Lord was testing me in these the last days. I told Him that I need Him more than ever, as I felt that certain sense of sadness well up inside me. Soon after, I felt that sadness leave me, and happiness return...as if our good Lord had answered my prayer.

And yes, I worried about those things you all talked about in your above posts. Reading them, I began feeling better.

TY sooo much my fellow RITAians for raising my spirits.

Dee...

Once again...it's so good to have you posting again. I'm so thankful to all that bring forth healing and encouragement. This race can be trying, but so often we take more onto our plate than what Jesus is asking us to take.

Don't forget that what we don't learn here on earth, we will learn in heaven. There is no time limit, as there is no time, once the 1000 years ends. Also, I realize how much you want to learn, but in asking, don't ask for too much as the Lord is wonderful in answering those types of prayers. It's like my dad's mom used to tell him not to pray for patience, as you will get enough chances in life to work on that area without pouring more onto your plate.

Good to have you back again sis!!!

YBIC
Steve

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com