Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Eternal Treasure in Heaven

I have done some research on this subject of eternal rewards. I have always had an interest in the whole heavenly reward concept, Paul talked alot about it . I read a good article that explained the heavenly rewards of gold, silver and jewels.

The gold reward is for those believers who had their faith tested in the fire. In Proverbs its says " furnace for the gold " . This gold reward is probably the highest one you can obtain in heaven, but also the hardest one to get. To earn this one, God will test your faith to the extreme. Like the early believers who were burned alive as human torches for the Romans pleasure, or the believers who were fed to the lions. This reward only comes thru much hardship and suffering. Many early Christians qualified for this eternal reward. Not exactually the reward many of us modern day Christians will sign up for. We like our 21st century comfort. But yes even today, Christians in Asia, old Soviet Union and in Moslem countries are going thru much severe hardship and suffering for their faith. In Vietnam, just being a Christian Pastor will get you several years in prison

The silver reward is for believers who are soul winners, leading lost souls to Christ through evangelism witnessing. This is a major reward that any believer can earn. We can all share our faith in Jesus Christ with people around us. Passing out gospel tracts is one easy method for sharing the gospel message to our friends and neighbors. Inviting friends to church is a method of friendship evangelism

and the jewel rewards cover all other acts of kindness. Did you give a meal to a homeless person, or volunteer in a homeless shelter. Did you serve in one of your church's ministry's, teach Sunday school, mow your neighbor's yard, give a ride to a neighbor who has no car, etc. Jesus said that if you give even a cup of cold water to someone, Jesus will give you a reward in heaven

Now if you asked what difference all this makes in heaven, we will all be walking the streets of gold. That is true. But since Jesus talked about storing up eternal treasure in heaven - there must be a really good reason as for why He pushed this subject. And Paul talked much about his eternal rewards that were waiting for him in heaven. I believe that what we do here on earth that has eternal value will effect what we do in heaven for all of eternity. If we want to serve Jesus in heaven, we have to be using our lives here and now to be making an eternal difference for His coming Kingdom

for those Christians who have spent their lives serving Jesus in this life, they will have much to look forward to at the Judgement Seat of Christ . We should all want to hear Jesus say on that day - "well done thy good and faithful servant "

Re: Eternal Treasure in Heaven

Great topic, Glory!!!

I think the biggest reward is getting to be His Bride. I believe only a small portion of the Church becomes the Lord's Bride...just as the first Adam....only a small portion of his Body (a rib) was removed to become Eve, his bride. I know this isn't popular thinking.

I believe this is the highest calling and the prize for which we run the race.

I have also come to the conclusion that the ten virgins do not happen to be the Bride either....but two other 'levels' of Christians....all ten fell asleep...the Bride does not fall asleep and is prepared and waiting. There is a hierarchy in heaven just like on Earth....there will be bridal attendants, etc. John the Baptist is the bestman ....whatever that means...but it is different from the Bride. The Bride will be the most intimate...this sounds like the best reward of all. The only treasure I want in heaven is closeness with my Lord....so when I hear about gold, jewels and such I always think 'why would I want that?'...LOL

My sister is kind of funny.....she at first wondered if this whole soul winning thing was designed like a pyramid scheme...LOLOLOL...so since I brought her to Christ do I get credit for all the souls she saves and so on and so forth....snort!

If you want to read a great article on the remnant bride go here:

http://www.heart4god.ws/id22.htm

great website Dee, gives some good articles on the Bride of Christ !!!

Dearest Glory2010 - Wow! Your post really makes me sit down and think about what I have done and will do for the kingdom of Christ!! That was a really great post - thank you dearest Glory2010! Love you! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Ms Victor : you are most welcome. I believe that God wants us to know about His Eternal Rewards that He has waiting for us in heaven. He wants to encourage us to use our earthly lives for Eternal Glory

Jesus said for us to lay up treasure in heaven, if Jesus said to do it, then it must be important !!!

Hi Glory!

I see it just a little differently; show me where I am wrong!

All those things you mentioned are Christian acts of good works.... NOTHING wrong with that, certainly! The world sure needs much more of the visible love of Christ. However, I truly believe the rewards of Heaven that are of highest value are acts of obedience to Jesus, acts of faith and acts of selfless love....

I suppose all those can fully be encompassed by simply the act of obedience to Christ. In this I mean, all the good deeds in the world will not earn any rewards in Heaven if not done is complete submission and obedience to Christ.

Alternately, the smallest, insignificant act of fully yielded obedience to Christ will be eternally rewarded, for it is our motive and not the act that is the substance of eternal reward.

Only Christ knows exactly the sacrifice we offer when we obey Him in any area, no matter how insiginficant it may seem on the external.... just my thoughts!

Love,
Melanie

You know i am sittinghere reading all these different threads and I start to read some posts and think yes this is good and then all of a sudden a red flag goes up and I get a tilt!! anyway I wanted to share my thoughts on the first post and I promise you I am not trying to be offensive and I am honestly sharing what I think when I read it....

It sounds like we are playing a video game...there I said it....and sorry its not very deep but seriously its what I thought it sounded like....

Melanie
Hi Glory!

Alternately, the smallest, insignificant act of fully yielded obedience to Christ will be eternally rewarded, for it is our motive and not the act that is the substance of eternal reward.

Only Christ knows exactly the sacrifice we offer when we obey Him in any area, no matter how insiginficant it may seem on the external.... just my thoughts!

Love,
Melanie

Again just sharing my thoughts...

But what Mel has posted only bears witness to me and I get an I know that I know kind of thing....and an ummhmmm can we get an amen....It's like the spirit within me confirms it through peace ....if that makes sense to you

like them or hate them, the fact is the Bible is full of references to Eternal Rewards, and gives many decriptions of the five Crown Rewards

obviously all these scripture references and descriptions of Crowns and Rewards given to believers in heaven at the Judgement Seat of Christ must be there for a purpose

i have read many articles where the writers say we all should be just happy that we make it into heaven, and not be concerned with earning Eternal Rewards

the only problem with that line of thining is : why then did God put so many scripture verses in the Bible detailing all the Rewards He will give out in heaven for believers who work for them, if He didn't want us to be concerned with earning them ?

Dee
I think the biggest reward is getting to be His Bride. I believe only a small portion of the Church becomes the Lord's Bride...just as the first Adam....only a small portion of his Body (a rib) was removed to become Eve, his bride. I know this isn't popular thinking.

You could be right, Dee.

I read some of that book, & I do think there is something to the rib analogy. Maybe another thing to consider is that the church period is a small portion of the total believers. The past 2,000 years is only 1/3 of history. I think that might be what this author could be missing.

All of the believers alive when the trumpet blasts & since He was here could be symbolic of the rib, too.

Still reading the book. Very interesting so far. I honestly think God is trying to get people INTO heaven... not keep them out.

I agree with Glory. The biggest difference will be the rewards at the Bema Seat Judgment for the good we have done, and the positions assigned to us in the Millennial Kingdom. Those positions may include greater access to the throne room for some... just like it is in an earthy kingdom.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com